Vargas vs Batman, Nightwing and Batgirl(cassie)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Khellendros
Alright, so Batman and Batgirl are out patrolling Gotham together for nostalgias sake when they see Vargas beating up bouncers at a club because they wouldn't let him in with his sword. The three drop down to stop him, and we're off to the races. Can the three awesome human fighters take on the scary man who beat the living crap out of Beast, killed Psylocke and damn near killed Rogue with her power boost from Sage?

EDIT: Bat team can have any weapon they normally carry on themselves, while Vargas is armed only with his sword. No uber batsuits in this fight.

demigawd
without any prep time, the team loses horribly. Vargas is stronger than Rogue, which puts up at least at Thing level, with incredible sword skill and superspeed. He's like a skilled sword-carrying Gladiator-lite.

Khellendros
I don't think he is stronger than Rogue. I think he is just a superb fighter, and was able to keep from being hurt by her. It was all about skill with Vargas, same with Batman and his ilk. They get by on fighting skill, smarts, and a well placed gadget or weapon here and there

demigawd
Extreme said that Vargas was the embodiment of physical power, and drew a connection (that they never followed up on) that there's a link between him and Cassandra, who they said is the embodiment of psychic power. While they never went anywhere with that, it was meant to imply that Vargas isn't just skilled...he's STRONG. Certainly stronger than the trio would be able to handle without a plan well in advance.

Khellendros
Originally posted by demigawd
Extreme said that Vargas was the embodiment of physical power, and drew a connection (that they never followed up on) that there's a link between him and Cassandra, who they said is the embodiment of psychic power. While they never went anywhere with that, it was meant to imply that Vargas isn't just skilled...he's STRONG. Certainly stronger than the trio would be able to handle without a plan well in advance.

Hmm.. I always got the impression that he was nowhere near Rogue in strength, which is why it was so impressive that he smacked her around so easily. Still, I think with the right weapons Batman and co. could take him down.

demigawd
ok. Now, you mentioned that the team only gets their normal weapons, right? What weapons do they normally have to beat Vargas?

Khellendros
Originally posted by demigawd
ok. Now, you mentioned that the team only gets their normal weapons, right? What weapons do they normally have to beat Vargas?
Well, since they would be surprising him, a nice bola or grappling line to the ankles would knock his ass over. Knockout or tear gas would throw him off too.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.