Ghost Rider VS. Martian Manhunter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sentry
Can the Martian Manhunter take on the demon of the night?

Here's the scenario. Martian Manhunter has gone crazy and killed off almost all of the JLA, and millions of people in the progress. Spectre cannot exact vengeance on MM since DC's God practically killed himself when he created someone that killed him, but the cries of the dead haven't fallen on deaf ears. The Spirit of Vengeance the Ghost Rider has somehow teleported to the DC universe, and the cries of the dead only strengthen Ghost Rider's determination to kill MM.

Can he do it? MM is physically superior to Ghost Rider by a large margin, but can he withstand the mystical hellfire? The Penance Stare? Can MM kill something that cannot die?

Discuss.

Khellendros
Originally posted by Sentry
Can the Martian Manhunter take on the demon of the night?

Here's the scenario. Martian Manhunter has gone crazy and killed off almost all of the JLA, and millions of people in the progress. Spectre cannot exact vengeance on MM since DC's God practically killed himself when he created someone that killed him, but the cries of the dead haven't fallen on deaf ears. The Spirit of Vengeance the Ghost Rider has somehow teleported to the DC universe, and the cries of the dead only strengthen Ghost Rider's determination to kill MM.
Well, before I read that, I would have said Ghost Rider couldn't do much, since MM isn't exactly a cold blooded murderer. But, crazy MM? Hell yes GR can take him.

MM is physically superior to Ghost Rider by a large margin, but can he withstand the mystical hellfire?
Nope.

The Penance Stare?
Nope.

Can MM kill something that cannot die?
Nope.

Phasing won't stop hellfire, because it attacks the soul. Telepathy won't block the penance stare, because it's magical in origin. Ghost Rider owns the evil Martian.

Quick Freeze
the penance stare would win it because of the amount of people you had mm kill before the fight

jinzin
yeah in a fight with ghosty phasing and superior strength really don't mean **** cause they can't do him harm.
can MM use telepathy on a spirit anyways?

Khellendros
Originally posted by jinzin
yeah in a fight with ghosty phasing and superior strength really don't mean **** cause they can't do him harm.
can MM use telepathy on a spirit anyways?
Possibly, but who in their right mind would want to read the mind of a demon who is the Spirit of Vengeance?

jinzin
well according to this thread MM isn'tin his right mind lol. not that it matters, penence stare will finish this before the fight even starts.

Khellendros
Originally posted by jinzin
well according to this thread MM isn'tin his right mind lol.
This is true. Well, MM is welcome to try it, but I think the mind of a being normally stuck in HELL would scare the bejeezus even out of a crazy Martian, but maybe not.

Sentry
Originally posted by Khellendros
This is true. Well, MM is welcome to try it, but I think the mind of a being normally stuck in HELL would scare the bejeezus even out of a crazy Martian, but maybe not.

For some reason, Ghost Rider has some kind of psychic shield that marvel has never seemed to explain. Mephisto, Blackheart, Lilith, all powerful beings with some form of telepathy, tried to but could not control the spirit of vengeance.

Ironmanpower
The Martian Manhunter Weakness

Fear of Fire: The Martian Manhunter has a psychosomatic fear of fire. It is unknown what the source of this fear is, whether it is a personal fear or a cultural fear, but whichever it is, it is a paralytic fear with the Manhunter. Exposure to fire, causes him to lose his powers, and in the case of extreme fire, to lose his control over his biomorphic form. The Manhunter is more vulnerable in this form and can take damage in this vulnerable state.

Vulnerability to Nervous System agents: because his body depends on his intact nervous system to maintain is bio-morphic shape, if his nervous system is interrupted, disrupted or damaged in some way, he loses control over his body and reverts to a gelatinous state.

So GR all the way.

http://www.starnet-database.com/

DarkCrawler
He doesn't fear fire anymore, but GR would win.

demigawd
He fears fire caused by emotion - the fire of hatred or passion. GR's got that in spades.

jinzin
tangent: ya know, I've been reading GR comic for forever now, and I've always loved the character personally but I never truley realized how much ass he could probably kick unitl I started visiting these boards. GR needs to fight more regular characters (non mystic) more often IMO.

K3VIL
Penance Stare works on bad guys, if you've killed innocents or killed when it was something you can avoid, it will hurt you very bad.

norrin radd

jinzin
but Gr would just reform within a few seconds,,,,,so what?

norrin radd
how do you kill GR?

jinzin
that's the thing, you can't. One can try and excorcise the demon and then kill the human host (but it hasn't been succesfully done yet). So far, Zarathos is the only one to have successfully killed Ghost Rider, I just forgot how he did it, but since I'm re-reading the sige of darkness crossover I'll find out in a couple of days, and let ya know.

norrin radd

jinzin
well GR's been KO'ed a few times but the writings pretty inconsitant in that regard. I guess MM has a chance of at least doing that, but that's assuming he can easily get past hellfire and chainlinks o' plenty. GR should be packing enough physical strength to at least stagger MM though.

norrin radd

BENITO
Ghost Rider

jinzin
perhaps, but GR's schooled teleporters with enough ease before. plus He slightly above spiderman in strength level andhis chain can be used to devistating effect. Anyways, according to MM's persona in this fight, GR would take it with the staredown regardless.

Mainstream
GR.

Draco69
Doesn't the Penance Stare make people relive all the wrongs that they have inflicted on other people? MM ain't exactly a bad guy. I can't imagine him suffering too much from the Penance Stare since his wrongs are so minuscule.

Sentry
Originally posted by Draco69
Doesn't the Penance Stare make people relive all the wrongs that they have inflicted on other people? MM ain't exactly a bad guy. I can't imagine him suffering too much from the Penance Stare since his wrongs are so minuscule.

Did you read the thread?

Ummm, he has killed millions of people, and most of the JLA. Is that miniscule? You've got it wrong about the penance stare.

In this case, it's effect would probably multiplied by millions. Sigh... You need to read the thread. sad

Their is a lot of reading at Cornell. smokin'

Draco69
Did you read the thread?

Ummm, he has killed millions of people, and most of the JLA. Is that miniscule? You've got it wrong about the penance stare.

In this case, it's effect would probably multiplied by millions. Sigh... You need to read the thread. sad

Their is a lot of reading at Cornell. smokin'

Nah. I didn't read the top of the thread. Too lazy.

Actually we have several reading programs at Cornell to help and better mentally deficient and societally worthless people like you. Send a private message for a free application! It will be worth your while. laughing

You're a annoying bug that ceases to go away. Shoo. rolling on floor laughing

illadelph12
You go to Cornell Draco? Props man. I only went to a state university out here in California (SJSU).

Draco69
Thank you. What really matters in life is what you do with it. Like a job, family, etc. Going to an Ivy League school doesn't guarantee success or happieness. It does however guarantee FROSTBITE! It's COLD up here! I'm freezing my @$$ off up here!

Kento
Apparently that would be the only thing he's ever done evil though since during Judgment Day arc when Spectre is in the watchtower, and going into all their minds about what they did wrong, and all that he stays out of MM head....But still that many things would easily give the Penance Stare the clear win.

ebonyblade1
If MM isn't in his right mind another version of fenris appears. And that dude took out most of the JLA. And he loves fire. If he sees ghost rider he may birth some kids. I really don't want to see that fight.

Khellendros
Originally posted by ebonyblade1
If MM isn't in his right mind another version of fenris appears. And that dude took out most of the JLA. And he loves fire. If he sees ghost rider he may birth some kids. I really don't want to see that fight.
Doesn't matter who GR is fighting. If they have done evil, he schools them.

long pig
Originally posted by Khellendros
Doesn't matter who GR is fighting. If they have done evil, he schools them.
yup...

jinzin
that seems to be the way of it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.