transparent background problem :(

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mikep5791
hello everyone, i got a screenshot of a game ans pasted it into paint and saved as a .bmp. I am using jasc paint shop pro 9 to try and make the background transparent, its a picture of a person and i want just the person on the picture, i tried deleting the ackground and then i end up with a white backgrond, so i saved as a .gif and used background tool which deleted it and when i try to save it i get a background again.... ive also tried mmaking a new page with transparent background and i got a page with no background but i cud not paste my character onto it confused im really stumped about this been trying it for hours... sad plz help would be greatly appreciated thanks

Lana
First off, this would go better in the Computer help forum in the N&Q forum.

How to do transparent backgrounds in PSP:
- Everything you want to be transparent, fill a certain color that's not used anywhere else on the picture (I usually use bright green or pink).
- Go to Colors > Decrease Color Depth > 256 Colors
- Go to Colors > Set Palette Transparency
- Select the transparent color.
- Save as a GIF

mikep5791
ok, sorry im new here didnt know where to put it, thanks ill try it

mikep5791
aww, i cant flood fil in the background, it fills tiny bits at once, any ideas?

mikep5791
sorry again, but im quiet new on psp 2 sad wheres colours? it isnt at top bar or newhere confused confused

Lana
Do what you initially did, where you said you deleted the background -- just have a color selected as the background color. Or delete the background like you did before and then flood fill it.

And Color should be on the top bar, next to Layers.

mikep5791
i have alot of the images, all different formats and some with white background etc, and nope i have layers - object, think i could send u the image from scracth to see if u cud try it? i would really!!! appreciate that, im kinda a dumbass laughing thanks

thats what i want but with no background =/ thanks neway

Lana
I can't, I'm at school right now and don't have PSP on this comp, I was giving you these instructions from memory laughing out loud

mikep5791
lol ok when you come back maybe? think you could email me when you're out of school perhaps? im really getting annoying with this dam pic lol, [email protected]

Thank you

Hegemon875
Originally posted by Lana
First off, this would go better in the Computer help forum in the N&Q forum.

How to do transparent backgrounds in PSP:
- Everything you want to be transparent, fill a certain color that's not used anywhere else on the picture (I usually use bright green or pink).
- Go to Colors > Decrease Color Depth > 256 Colors
- Go to Colors > Set Palette Transparency
- Select the transparent color.
- Save as a GIF

or you could just open up a new file and set background as "transparent"

EDIT: oops youre talking about paintshop not photoshop sry.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.