Marvel/DC Martial Arts Tournament (Quarter-Finals) - Marvel Division (Right Version)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

azndrgn
The 1st Marvel/DC Martial Arts Tournament continues to amaze and impress! Beginning with 32 of the best Marvel/DC martial artists, we are now down to 4 Marvel and 4 DC fighters in the quarter-finals. Congratulations to the fans and their fighters who dominated their opponents or just managed to edge the victory. The tournament is heating up and it's time the fighters get serious!

Before I present to you the remaining fighters and their matches for the quarter-finals, please take time to read the following tournament rules if you have not already done so or to reaccquaint yourself with them:

Tournament Rules (***PLEASE READ CAREFULLY AND MAKE SURE YOU UNDERSTAND WHEN CONSIDERING THE WINNER OF EACH FIGHT):
1. Fighters will battle using hand-to-hand combat ONLY.
2. Fighters are NOT allowed to use ANY artificial means of improving his/her chances of winning a fight. This includes mutant powers (energy blasts, telepathy/telekinesis, intangibilty, healing, etc.), weapons and any items capable of augmenting strength, speed, fighting ability, etc.
3. Any fights that may call for an exception to Rule #2 will be decided by myself and fully explained in the post for that fight.
4. Fighters will battle in their default costumes, thus they will not have any more armor than they regularly do.
5. The fights will take place on a raised rectangular platform that is a little less than the size of a regulation basketball court, so the fighters will have more than enough room to fight.
6. A fighter can win in 1 of 2 ways: (1) Battle until the opponent says, "I give up" (2) Knock the opponent off the platform
7. Always keep Rules 1 and 2 in mind. The tournament's purpose is to determine the character who fights best when given nothing else.
8. VOTE in the polls! The only way your favorite fighter can advance is if you vote for him/her. If you only comment, but don't vote, the poll cannot tell the difference. Also, the polls will allow MULTIPLE selections, so only vote for who you think is the winner of each PAIRED fight. I will finalize the results for each round after about a day from the first posts for each round.

THANK YOU FOR PARTICIPATING AND I HOPE YOUR FIGHTER IS CROWNED THE CHAMPION!

Here are the remaining 4 Marvel fighters and the matches they've been paired to according to their previous slot number. The winners of Slot 1&2 will battle each other in the Marvel semi-final. The 4 remaining DC fighters are posted in another thread.

1. Elektra vs Temugin - Temugin is NOT allowed to use his rings in this fight

2. Shang Chi vs Iron Fist - Iron Fist is ALLOWED to summon his chi through his hands in this fight as it is not a mutant power

Scoobless
i don't think the "Iron Fist" chi punch will come into this as shang must have seen it before and will do anything to avoid it....... that said, i still think IF will take SC based purely on the skills of the two

azndrgn
Originally posted by Scoobless
i don't think the "Iron Fist" chi punch will come into this as shang must have seen it before and will do anything to avoid it....... that said, i still think IF will take SC based purely on the skills of the two

Yeha, I'm allowing Iron Fist to summon his chi cuz I just found out that he's able to do so from his training whereas I was under the impression that it's a mutant power. As I promised through the rules, the fighters are allowed to use whatever they've earned through training alone.

Scoobless
Originally posted by azndrgn
Yeha, I'm allowing Iron Fist to summon his chi cuz I just found out that he's able to do so from his training whereas I was under the impression that it's a mutant power. As I promised through the rules, the fighters are allowed to use whatever they've earned through training alone.

here's the catch..... DD never gained his radar sense through training..... does that mean you want him to fight as a normal blind guy?...... big grin

azndrgn
here's the catch..... DD never gained his radar sense through training..... does that mean you want him to fight as a normal blind guy?...... big grin

Yeah, DD was a very special exception. I really wanted to include him cuz I think he is a very talented martial artist and fights in a unique way due to his blindness. I understood that his extra-sensory skills were not natural, but I couldn't really force him to shut them off, you know what I'm sayin'?

Scoobless
i know........... did you include panthers costume during his fight?......... not that it matters now that he lost

azndrgn
So yes, his previous fights were w/ the use of his heightened senses, though they were not gained through training. I want all fans to know that when I post the 2nd Marvel/DC Martial Arts Tournament I will continue to do my best to address these formalities with the fighters. This is indeed the 1st time a tournament of this magnitude and specificity has been done so some problems are expected in its first run. But I promise to all current and future fans of this martial arts tournament that I will always strive to give you the most legitimate tournament possible. Thanks!

azndrgn
i know........... did you include panthers costume during his fight?......... not that it matters now that he lost

Yeah, so I know his suit is really tough. but other than that he couldn't use weapons or his herbs and such. I allowed the fighters to combat in their default costumes because it would almost be like taking them out of their element if they all had to fight in karate outfits instead of the costumes they always fight in. I wanted them fighting in their best ability so thus I allowed them to wear their costumes

azndrgn
Man, Temugin, Shang Chi and Iron Fist definitely deserve to have made it this far!

azndrgn
I'd have to say Shang Chi went against the stronger opponents so far having had to beaten Black Panther and Capt. Amer.

azndrgn
SPREAD THE WORD! THE VOTES THE BETTER!

azndrgn
Good lord I wish I could see the Shang Chi vs Iron Fist match in real life! I think in real life it be almost evenly matched, but w/ Iron Fist winning eventually. But this fight would definitely take a while to be over in real life

azndrgn
Just as I thought, Shang Chi and Iron Fist are having an extremely close fight

eleveninches
shang chi/ iron fist is a very good match.
However, I think shang chi will win in the end.

LordFear
Temugin is gonna kick her ass big time. She'll be lucky if she can suck a protein shake through an IV

azndrgn
Originally posted by eleveninches
shang chi/ iron fist is a very good match.
However, I think shang chi will win in the end.

You may be right, eleveninches. Shang Chi has pulled ahead of Iron Fist. Looks like Shang Chi's gettin' serious now that Iron Fist was givin' it to 'em for a while

azndrgn
Originally posted by LordFear
Temugin is gonna kick her ass big time. She'll be lucky if she can suck a protein shake through an IV

Hehe, no argument there. Temugin's definitely favored

Scoobless
Elektra would probably end up dead here (again) and i think IF would, eventually, beat SC

Draco69
This may seem pretty ignorant but... who the heck is Temugin?? His/her name sounds familar but who is this person exactly?

azndrgn
Originally posted by Draco69
This may seem pretty ignorant but... who the heck is Temugin?? His/her name sounds familar but who is this person exactly?

He's the Mandarin's son and was given his 10 rings. Great martial artist. Check out his profile on marvel.com

Draco69
Thanks. Whoa. He beat Iron-Man in hand to hand combat? My vote goes to him then.

Scoobless
Thanks. Whoa. He beat Iron-Man in hand to hand combat? My vote goes to him then.

that fight was pretty dumb....... he beat IM without using any of the rings abilities....he BEAT a class 80 armoured flying weapon platform with his bare hands........... dumb

Draco69
The profile said something about IM's armour weak points.

Scoobless
The profile said something about IM's armour weak points.

that is true.......... but even so, "weak" is a subjective term...... do you really think Tony would design a suit to take on the likes of Ultron or Fin Fang Foom and leave points that'd crack under a hit from a normal man?

i restate........dumb, Dumb!, DUMB!

azndrgn
that is true.......... but even so, "weak" is a subjective term...... do you really think Tony would design a suit to take on the likes of Ultron or Fin Fang Foom and leave points that'd crack under a hit from a normal man?

i restate........dumb, Dumb!, DUMB!

But Temugin can still kick a lotta ass! Including in this tournament!

azndrgn
ANY FANS THAT WISH TO VOTE AND HAVE NOT DONE SO ARE STILL ALLOWED TO. I MAY ALLOW THE VOTING UNTIL TOMORROW AFTERNOON CUZ I WOULD LIKE TO SEE ABOUT 20 VOTES AND I HAVE TO STUDY FOR AN EXAM SO I MAY NOT GET A CHANCE TO FINALIZE THE QUARTER-FINAL RESULTS TONIGHT.

azndrgn
Uh ohhh, Iron Fist is fighting back. This has got to be one of the best matchups cuz both are expert martial artists capable of channeling their chi

demigawd
Wow, this is gonna be a bad ass semi-final.

LordFear
Temugin uses his chi energy and focuses it on one determined weak spot. Every structure whether man made or natural has a weak spot, just the law of things. Temugin not only can discern it but use his energy to crack it. It's not stupid at all. The armor is not infallible. It can be broken. Temugin is not an ordinary man by no means, with or without the rings. The kid is good period!!!!

demigawd
Hmm..it'll make the semis interesting. Temugin hasn't had a lot of exposure, just a single REALLY, REALLY high-end showing. That's going up against decades of history by the winner of the Shang/IF battle, with tons of good and bad showings. It'll be interesting to see how that plays out.

Scoobless
no human could crack an inch think plate of steel with a strike and Iron Man's armour is way tougher than that........ it'd have to be to survive the pressures he deals with in deep sea situations and times when he takes explosion shockwaves which don't differentiate which area they strike

demigawd
It's all about chi manipulation. If you can accept Iron Fist generating enough chi to crack mountains or whatever, then you should be able to accept Temugin doing a less colorful version of the same thing.

Scoobless
Iron Fists training was in a mystical land though...... Temugin just recieved warrior monk stlye training...... no mention was made of special chi attacks in that fight

azndrgn
So Temugin can manipulate his chi like Shang Chi & IF?

azndrgn
And hey, just for reference, do you guys feel Blade deserves to be in this tournament even though he has an inherent healing factor?

azndrgn
And hey, just for reference, do you guys feel Blade deserves to be in the next tournament even though he has an inherent healing factor?

Draco69
No. He has superstrength, enhanced reflexes, etc.

azndrgn
No. He has superstrength, enhanced reflexes, etc.

Well most of the real martial artists like Temugin, Shang Chi and Iron Fist have enhanced reflexes, etc. from their intense years of training. but, yeah, too many factors may make Blade ineligible

azndrgn
SIGH...Iron Fist is begining to fall

azndrgn
ATTENTION FANS INVOLVED WITH THE MARVEL/DC MARTIAL ARTS TOURNAMENT, VOTING ON THE MARVEL/DC QUARTER-FINALS WILL NO LONGER BE ACCEPTED. PLEASE PROCEED TO VOTE IN THE POLLS FOR THE MARVEL AND DC SEMI-FINALS WHEN I POST THEM LATER TODAY. THANKS!

demigawd
Originally posted by azndrgn
So Temugin can manipulate his chi like Shang Chi & IF?

Yup. That's why he was able to generate that kind of power against IM.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.