SM + (DD) = x # of Sentinels

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DigiMark007
A while back I saw a Spider-Man v. 1 Sentinel thread...didn't post because it seemed pretty ridiculous to me. So here's my new one.

How many Sentinels could SM take by himself?
Then add Daredevil, how many then?

SM is fast and agile (same with DD), but taking them out seems like it would be the bigger problem. Bare hands won't do much, but a light post through the chest or a taxi cab to the head might (Matt's cane/weapon might also do limited damage, and SM is probably strong enough to do some outright damage to them). I'd give SM 10 (again, we're in the city...more places to run and spread them out) and a little less than twice that with Matt (with added teamwork more than brute force). I'll admit I'm somewhat of an SM fanboy, so I'm probably a bit biased (in my mind they can take on dozens), but I was just curious as to what others think...
Again, not how many they could comfortably take on, but how many so that it would be essentially a draw (i.e. any more and they'd be dead)

-DM

Khellendros
Actually, DD has been shown fighting sentinels during the onslaught crisis. Unlike Spider Man, who could take down several, he was only able to dodge without doing much damage. DD would have to be in the set em up position of the "I'll set em up, you knock em down" strategy.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Khellendros
Actually, DD has been shown fighting sentinels during the onslaught crisis. Unlike Spider Man, who could take down several, he was only able to dodge without doing much damage. DD would have to be in the set em up position of the "I'll set em up, you knock em down" strategy.

i agree, i don't see DD doing any decent amount of damage to a sentinel, he is definitely better suited to distraction...... problem is, as soon as the sentinels realise he isn't a threat, they will ignore him for the more dangerous Spider-man
Spider-man solo............ i think he could take up to around 15...... if they came 1 or 2 at a time....... all at once...... 3-4..... even that would be a problem and would take him a while to do

Blade Cutter
If Spider-man climed up there back and ripped the back of there heads open and with DD keeping them busy for a minute or two he could take down 20,21,22 some were around that number.But the real question is are the sentinels flying if they are SM & DD take five at most befor there blasted.Spidey can only there so many cars at them befor they spot him.

ThaWhiteShadow
dd would try to billycub the sentinel while sentinel thinks its a mosquito biting him, this distracts and lets spiderman take sentinel out, still spidey will eventualy get hit, prolly after taking out 7 or 8 of em

rougeredmage
depends who is controling the sentinels and what the standing orders of the sentinels are

if there standing order are the standard destory all mutants and protect humanity thing then spiderman should technicaly be able to smash sentinels to his hearts content.. and yes they may try and stop him hurting them by containing him but not by killing him surely.. as after all spiderman is human not a gene joke mutant !!

however if it was the killing anything that resists sentinels i would give him one or two before they adapt.

though sentinels at times can be very stupid. if they have poor AI

Khellendros
Originally posted by rougeredmage
if there standing order are the standard destory all mutants and protect humanity thing then spiderman should technicaly be able to smash sentinels to his hearts content.. and yes they may try and stop him hurting them by containing him but not by killing him surely.. as after all spiderman is human not a gene joke mutant !!
Actually, It hink Spiderman would count as a mutant tot heir scanners. Didn't Professor X actually invite him tot he school at one point? Either way, it's best to assume the sentinels would get the point after he attacked only one of them and try attacking him back. The only thing is, his powers would be hard to adapt to, I mean they can't make themselves less slow and clumsy.

Scoobless
Spider-man encountered a few sentinels during the Onslaught line, their scanners said something like "anomalous human" or "enhanced human" or something but not mutant

Cosmo Kramer
In one early 90s comic it took Cyclops one blast to take out a sentinel after he destroyed everything in its path. I say Spiderman will get one but will die. They have taken hits from gambits cards and several from Wolverine without being taken down.

Kontraz
Originally posted by Khellendros
Actually, It hink Spiderman would count as a mutant tot heir scanners. Didn't Professor X actually invite him tot he school at one point? Either way, it's best to assume the sentinels would get the point after he attacked only one of them and try attacking him back. The only thing is, his powers would be hard to adapt to, I mean they can't make themselves less slow and clumsy.

all mutants have an x-gene, something spider-man lacks. He is more of a scientific accident, kind of like the hulk, where he has super-powers, but isnt an actual mutant.

long pig
Before going full mod tyrant, digi loved weird, cryptic nonsensical thread titles.

StiltmanFTW
laughing laughing laughing

Who's next on your list? Keep it up thumb up

Digi
lol. This thread was badass. No idea how it never got many replies.

Galan007
I like how you did the whole "-DM' signoff back in the day... Very Alpha Centauri of you. stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.