Your most boring gaming moments

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ChickinMeat
This thread was inspired from the halo OST i just downloaded, so you can guess where my boring moment was from.

Real good game, i enjoyed it thoroughly, i just felt a little boring/tedious when i got to the library levels. "oh, another corridor, that leads to a big room, and another corridor", and it lasted forever, like cripes.

what are your boring gaming moments?

Lord Ryugen
Watching every cutscene in Metal Gear Solid 2. I was so bored by the end I actually wept.

SaTsuJiN
lol... eventually having to force myself to play turn-based RPGs.... /shudder

Lord Ryugen
Hey, they're not that bad...really...I'm not kidding whistle

whitedragon
The Frickin puzzles in Resident evil, not only do they bor me but make me hurt myself!

whitedragon
I just want voilence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Blood and Gore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

T.M
^ cant u just edit your first post ??

my most boring moments is NOW !! i have completed all my games and haven't got any money to buy new ones sad

dark1365
Halo: CE ------When you're stuck aboard the Truth and Reconciliation, at a loss at where the hell to go next.

Halo 2---------Getting stuck (Delta Halo) in that basin("Off the rock. Through the Bush. Nothing but Jackal."wink. Took me a whole freakin half hour to find that passageway.

MK Deception---------Chess.

Final Fantasy---Everything.

Draco69
Xenosaga II - I wanted a GAME not a MOVIE.

Jak and Daxter

Virtua Fighter 4 - So technical. Kinda flat.

Pandemoniac
The other-demension floating rock jumping part in Half Life got me pretty pissed of and bored.

Linkalicious
Running back to your corpse in World of Warcraft...

Red Superfly
Oh yeah the other dimension bit in Half-Life - yeah that was awful.

Oh and any of the library/alien ship stuff from both Halo's. Man, one long tedious corridor after another. YAWN. I want to go outside, in the snow, on the beach, with a warthog every now and then, and have some fun dammit. You would have thought that in Halo 2 they would ahve made more of a deal out of the fantastic vehicle bits.

But for me, I'd say it would have to go to MGS3 - The Ladder.

You will know what I am talking about if you have played it. It's a long, tedious ladder, THAT DOES NOTHING.

At least with the codecs, you can go get a drink or something and take a break. With the ladder, you have to move Snake up the ladder. Just one, long, pointless ladder. It serves absolutely no purpose and my mind still boggles as to why it's there instead of a simple elevator. This is a game, it's meant to be fun.

It takes approximately 1 and a half minutes to climb. There's no scenery, just a boring concrete tunnel. The Snake Eater theme plays as you climb - WHY?

You just sit there and hold 'up'. For a minute and a half, you watch Snake repeating his climb animation, in what could be the dullest level design I have seen since videogames began - it feels like an eternity.

"The Ladder" has become infamous with gamers across the globe already.

You'll finish it and think "WTF was that all about". You will.

Draco69
Oh I forgot the ridiculous find the maps to the maps to the maps of the Triforce pieces quest I had to do at the end of Wind Maker.

ArthasKnight
The end of KOTOR 2, both endings.

pr1983
Originally posted by Red Superfly

But for me, I'd say it would have to go to MGS3 - The Ladder.

You will know what I am talking about if you have played it. It's a long, tedious ladder, THAT DOES NOTHING.

At least with the codecs, you can go get a drink or something and take a break. With the ladder, you have to move Snake up the ladder. Just one, long, pointless ladder. It serves absolutely no purpose and my mind still boggles as to why it's there instead of a simple elevator. This is a game, it's meant to be fun.

It takes approximately 1 and a half minutes to climb. There's no scenery, just a boring concrete tunnel. The Snake Eater theme plays as you climb - WHY?

You just sit there and hold 'up'. For a minute and a half, you watch Snake repeating his climb animation, in what could be the dullest level design I have seen since videogames began - it feels like an eternity.

"The Ladder" has become infamous with gamers across the globe already.

You'll finish it and think "WTF was that all about". You will.

i agree... i got to the top and asked... "why the f*ck did i just have to do that?"

ChickinMeat
heh, on silenthill 2 at the end where you have to row the boat across the lake, at first i didnt know what to do and just held up, for an hour and a half! and i finally made it to my destination.

ten i read a guide that said if i took a left at the very begining you could do it in 2 minutes,

DOH!

Red Superfly
Originally posted by ChickinMeat
heh, on silenthill 2 at the end where you have to row the boat across the lake, at first i didnt know what to do and just held up, for an hour and a half! and i finally made it to my destination.

ten i read a guide that said if i took a left at the very begining you could do it in 2 minutes,

DOH!

Hehe I remember that bit. I quite liked it because it was worrying. You just didnt have a clue where you were. I seem to remember there being the lighthouse in the distance, or am I wrong? I think I just followed the glinting light, it was the only thing I could see, seemed to work.

But the Ladder was so much more evil.

forumcrew
all the single player parts of x-men legends like walking around the mansion

ChickinMeat
Originally posted by Red Superfly
I seem to remember there being the lighthouse in the distance, or am I wrong? I think I just followed the glinting light, it was the only thing I could see, seemed to work.

yeah that was it, a lighthouse, i was just to stupid to realise it!

and hour and a half of my life gone pressing up

Gryn Jabar
I'd have to say in Thief 3, the city parts were less then jaw dropping. Also, most of Doom 3. When you hear the sound, turn around with your shotgun. You can now finish the game on hard mode.

NicktheBassist
i really hate the part in legend of zelda ocaraina of time when..... well.... all the cut scenes where it is just text and flames. it was really dumb and you can't even skip the text, you have let it all go by at the slow, retaded rate.

ragesRemorse
You know ocrana of time reminds me of boring momments, and boring momments in general. It really pisses me off when you have to climb up or down ladders, and your characters climb so god damn slow. This was especially apparent in Zelda ocrana of time. I remember there were stages that had ladders that seemed to be never ending. Or in war games when you are climbing down ladders, why not just copy other games and let my character slide rail down the friggen ladder? There are plenty of boring and aggravating momments in games, but for the most part i tend to forget them, because there not somthing i treasure, but the thing about the ladder climbing comes up in nearly every other god damn game i play.

SaTsuJiN
Any duration of having to sit and either play or watch a wrestling game are probably some of the most boring moments in my life..

ChickinMeat
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
Any duration of having to sit and either play or watch a wrestling game are probably some of the most boring moments in my life..

Amen to that.

When i was in 6th form, we had a communial PS2 in the common room, but we only had 2 games, XIII and Smackdown, no one liked XIII, so we always had to watch Smackdown, allways

b-dan
lets seee in onimusha 3 whne u had to siwtch between jaque and smanoske but eventuallyi beet that level and the game

thundercracker
well there was this 1 time i was playin x men legends and my brother came down and sed let me play nfs u2 so i did wait thats right now curse him!!!!!

thta and halos libary

dark1365
Agreed, Halo's Library was "Geez, when is this crud going to end?"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.