Marvel/DC Martial Arts Tournament (Semi-Final) - Marvel Division

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

azndrgn
What an amazing quarter-final! Congratulations to Temugin, Karate Kid and Cassandra Cain for dominating their opponents. And what a contest we saw between Shang Chi and Iron Fist, with Iron Fist eventually giving in. These 2 fighters may have created a rivalry for ages to come! You fans better strap in and hold on cuz it's about to get CRAZY as the Marvel and DC semi-final winners will advance to the final to battle each other to become the Marvel/DC Martial Arts Champion!!! !

Please take time to read the tournament rules if you have not already done so or to reacquaint yourself with them:

Tournament Rules (***PLEASE READ CAREFULLY AND MAKE SURE YOU UNDERSTAND WHEN CONSIDERING THE WINNER OF EACH FIGHT):
1. Fighters will battle using hand-to-hand combat ONLY.
2. Fighters are NOT allowed to use ANY artificial means of improving his/her chances of winning a fight. This includes mutant powers (energy blasts, telepathy/telekinesis, intangibilty, healing, etc.), weapons and any items capable of augmenting strength, speed, fighting ability, etc.
3. Any fights that may call for an exception to Rule #2 will be decided by myself and fully explained in the post for that fight.
4. Fighters will battle in their default costumes, thus they will not have any more armor than they regularly do.
5. The fights will take place on a raised rectangular platform that is a little less than the size of a regulation basketball court, so the fighters will have more than enough room to fight.
6. A fighter can win in 1 of 2 ways: (1) Battle until the opponent says, "I give up" (2) Knock the opponent off the platform
7. Always keep Rules 1 and 2 in mind. The tournament's purpose is to determine the character who fights best when given nothing else.
8. VOTE in the polls! The only way your favorite fighter can advance is if you vote for him/her. If you only comment, but don't vote, the poll cannot tell the difference. The polls will allow MULTIPLE selections, so only vote for who you think is the winner of each PAIRED fight. The semi-final and final matches will only allow 1 selection. I will finalize the results for each round after about a day from the first posts for each round.

THANK YOU FOR PARTICIPATING AND I HOPE YOUR FIGHTER IS CROWNED THE CHAMPION!

Marvel Semi-Final:

Temugin vs Shang Chi - Temugin is NOT allowed to use his rings in this match

***DC Semi-Final is posted in another thread

azndrgn
I have to say Shang Chi just edges out Temugin in a pure martial arts match. His martial arts history is deeper in my opinion. But given another chance, different day, Temugin could get the victory...just not now for me

azndrgn
Anybody disagree?

LordFear
Temugin rocks!!!!!!
The son of the mandarin will not be denied!!!

demigawd
I went for Temugin. He's a newbie, and has really only appeared once, and everybody's first appearance is their most impressive. He may, in fact, never be used again. But what an appearance it is....

I'm still trying to get Shang Chi's loss to Wolverine out of my head....

azndrgn
Originally posted by LordFear
Temugin rocks!!!!!!
The son of the mandarin will not be denied!!!

Temugin does rock LordFear. If the fans vote realistically, this should be an extremely close fight

azndrgn
This really would be an insane match in real life, just like Shang Chi vs Iron Fist

LordFear
No doubt.
If Temugini goes against KK he should be able to have his rings.
Don't you think

demigawd
I'm of two minds about that.

On one hand, allowing him to have his rings would pretty much acknolwedge that he has no chance against KK in a straight martial arts fight.

One the other hand, I'm pretty sure most people already know that, so the finals will likely be a slaughter, no matter what. Perhaps the only way to make it interesting would be to give Tem his rings.

But if you gave it to him and he won because of it - then did he really win a martial arts tournament?

LordFear
that would at least make the match a little more interesting though.

azndrgn
Yeah, Karate Kid is so freakin' talented and it's all cuz of his martial arts training. That's what makes it hard for the other fighters who go against him to legitimately compete against him. But it's a natural advantage he has because he is so highly trained. Temugin is highly trained as well, but probably not so much as KK is. If they do face each other, I'm 99% about having to keep to the tournament rules and not allow Temugin to use the rings since they artificially enhance him. As far as my research on KK goes, and from what DC fans have told me, KK's mad martial arts skills are all because of his training and thus natural. This may put Temugin at a disadvantage, but remember the match result is dependent on how the fans vote...

spetznaz
Originally posted by azndrgn
Yeah, Karate Kid is so freakin' talented and it's all cuz of his martial arts training. That's what makes it hard for the other fighters who go against him to legitimately compete against him. But it's a natural advantage he has because he is so highly trained. Temugin is highly trained as well, but probably not so much as KK is. If they do face each other, I'm 99% about having to keep to the tournament rules and not allow Temugin to use the rings since they artificially enhance him. As far as my research on KK goes, and from what DC fans have told me, KK's mad martial arts skills are all because of his training and thus natural. This may put Temugin at a disadvantage, but remember the match result is dependent on how the fans vote...

You cannot allow Temungin to keep his rings.
Come on, he has rings that have powers ranging from black light to electricity, plus other exotic powers!
If he has them then this is NOT a martial arts competition.

It would be like having a match that setup Bruce Wayne versus Tony Stark, with the conditions being that it would have to be a man-to-man fisticuff fight.
And then having Tony Stark show up wearing his Thor-Buster armor!
That would be fair if it was a normal fight, but the rules had specifically stated a man-to-man boxing matchup and not a Mecha vs Man deal.

Same thing applies to this match.

If Temugin needs his 10 rings to even be a match for Karate Kid then that just means that Te has lost before the match has even begun.
Bringing the rings is like bringing a gun to a martial arts competition, and in this case 10 really powerful guns!
Temugin shouldn't be allowed his rings, and if he needs them then he shouldn't even win against Shang Chi, let alone Karate Kid.

azndrgn
Originally posted by spetznaz
You cannot allow Temungin to keep his rings.
Come on, he has rings that have powers ranging from black light to electricity, plus other exotic powers!
If he has them then this is NOT a martial arts competition.

It would be like having a match that setup Bruce Wayne versus Tony Stark, with the conditions being that it would have to be a man-to-man fisticuff fight.
And then having Tony Stark show up wearing his Thor-Buster armor!
That would be fair if it was a normal fight, but the rules had specifically stated a man-to-man boxing matchup and not a Mecha vs Man deal.

Same thing applies to this match.

If Temugin needs his 10 rings to even be a match for Karate Kid then that just means that Te has lost before the match has even begun.
Bringing the rings is like bringing a gun to a martial arts competition, and in this case 10 really powerful guns!
Temugin shouldn't be allowed his rings, and if he needs them then he shouldn't even win against Shang Chi, let alone Karate Kid.

I agree with you Spetnaz. That's why I said I'm 99%. It's gonna take a LOT of convincing for me to let Temugin use his rings cuz yes, I promised you all a pure martial arts tournament as fair as possible

azndrgn
UH OH!!! Shang Chi's back in the lead! He's not giving in this match yet! Good god to see a fight between these 2 would be so sweet!

azndrgn
PLEASE...MORE VOTES! WHOEVER YOU WANT, JUST VOTE!

azndrgn
This is just as close as the Black Panther vs Shang Chi fight

demigawd
Shang Chi just can't seem to win 'em cleanly. He's had a tough bracket...

eleveninches
I voted for shang, but its close. Black panther/shang chi is close also.

iron fist/shang chi would have been closer

azndrgn
Originally posted by demigawd
Shang Chi just can't seem to win 'em cleanly. He's had a tough bracket...

Definitely. Shang Chi has had to overcome some big odds. 1st against Black Panther cuz of his skill and moreso his popularity. Then against Captain Americ'a popularity. Then against Iron Fist which could've gone either way. And now he's against an arguably equal martial artist. But Shang looks like he's finally putting on a good show against Temugin.

azndrgn
ATTENTION FANS INVOLVED WITH THE MARVEL/DC MARTIAL ARTS TOURNAMENT, VOTING ON THE MARVEL/DC SEMI-FINALS WILL NO LONGER BE ACCEPTED. PLEASE PROCEED TO VOTE IN THE POLL FOR THE FINAL MATCH WHEN I POST IT LATER THIS EVENING. THANKS!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.