"Learn to know" the darkside of the Force?...um.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

EjkoUSC
Isn't that grammatically inept of Lucas?

"Dont learn the darkside of the force. Nor should you know the darkside of the force. You should learn to know it!"

Lucas seems generally intelligent but thats generally retarded. Four years of higher education, my teachers learned me to know that much by now.

Any thoughts on this completely important thread?

DCLXVI
What the f**k?
Uh.....yes.....

One could say that means to "know what the Dark Side is, not only what it can do".....

jjwil76
way to go EjkoUSC!
now lucas has to wipe away the tears of gramatical criticism with his extra crisp hundred dollar bills!

you should be ashamed. no

Darth_Vader05
Uh could someone close this useless thread please i already know the dark side of the force as you can tell....

.:Space Opera:.
here ya go in lamen's:

"learn WHY IT WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA TO know the darkside of the force...:

GasPain
I am so sick of Darth Vader 05. I really wish you would just go away. You have never offered anything of any intelectual value. In fact I would say more then 80% of your posts are along the lines of the following quote:

"People im going to post the trailer tonight just wait for it someone close this thread!"

I have seen you post this a rediculous number of times. Dude plenty of people will be posting it. Not a single person is waiting for you to do so. Please just go away.

Sadako of Girth
Whoa there Gaspain... Being a little rough on the boy ain't you...???
I've seen him contribute....! He's okay man....

Sure he's been guilty of posting a couple of stinkers, but he learned from that and has payed his dues......

PVS
let the flame war begin

EjkoUSC
Maybe Lucas should have indeed changed the line to "You know Anakin, you might find learning about the Dark Side to be an advantageous and exciting period in your life. My office hours are 10-5 M-F."

And I guess Lucas will have to wipe his tears with his 100 dollar bills. Because somehow grammar and being a billionaire are connected.

Anakin2Vader
Star Wars is a movie not a grammar learning tool

jjwil76
Originally posted by EjkoUSC
Maybe Lucas should have indeed changed the line to "You know Anakin, you might find learning about the Dark Side to be an advantageous and exciting period in your life. My office hours are 10-5 M-F."

And I guess Lucas will have to wipe his tears with his 100 dollar bills. Because somehow grammar and being a billionaire are connected.

i ain't got no nuthin to do with no lucas and his talkin ways. he gots so much dang money that he ain't payin no nevermind to his speak.

EjkoUSC
I like black people.

jaden101
Isn't that grammatically inept of Lucas?

"Dont learn the darkside of the force. Nor should you know the darkside of the force. You should learn to know it!"

Lucas seems generally intelligent but thats generally retarded. Four years of higher education, my teachers learned me to know that much by now.

Any thoughts on this completely important thread?

laughing learn to know is grammatically incorrect...yet "my teachers learned me to know" is not

i dont think i have ever seen such a massive contradiction in a single post.

jjwil76
I like black people.

What in the hell is that supposed to mean?

smoker4
Begun the troll war has

Sadako of Girth
The shroud of the bating side has fallen...

jjwil76
i don't feel baited. the horrid grammar i used was obviously done on purpose. the fact that he equated that with me being black makes him not only some sort of racist, but racist and a complete grammar dick.

hhm, im gonna have grammar tattoed on my dick.

jjwil76
probably wouldn't fit!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAH!!!!
!
laughing laughing

sorry man, i couldn't resist.

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by jjwil76
i don't feel baited. the horrid grammar i used was obviously done on purpose. the fact that he equated that with me being black makes him not only some sort of racist, but racist and a complete grammar dick.

laughing Why would anyone want to tattoo Gran'ma on their dick anyways...? (J/K) laughing

i dont know about you but my STEP grandma is pretty hot, shes only fifteen years older than I!

tlbauerle
Perhaps he means KNOW in the biblical sense...

mossman
It makes perfect grammatical sense.
I don't see the problem.

Learn to "know" the dark side of the Force.
Familarise yourself with it.
Learn what the dark side of the Force is - when to recognize the sensation which defines "the dark side of the Force".

No problem at all - it's a great line, IMO...

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by .messedpace Opera:.
i dont know about you but my STEP grandma is pretty hot, shes only fifteen years older than I!

Way to go Space.....!!! naughty
(Or at least Grandpa Space...!!! yes )

heh heh heh...

EjkoUSC
Originally posted by jaden101
laughing learn to know is grammatically incorrect...yet "my teachers learned me to know" is not

i dont think i have ever seen such a massive contradiction in a single post.

It is traditionally called a joke. But it would only appear that way to those who need their humor spoon fed to them.

And is liking black people the new form of racism? Ok fine then. I hate black people! Now am I not racist?

And Mossman: Wouldnt "to learn" satisfy the "understanding" angle on this? It is enough to say "learn the dark side".

And just kidding, I like black people again. Maybe that was just a bad Jar Jar Binks riff you were going on. But then again, probably not.

I'm not racist. I hate everyone equally. But I just love Star Wars. But hate people who use terms like trolling. And flaming.

EjkoUSC
I'm not racist. I hate everyone equally.

I dont hate anybody.

Cowboyography
This thread has it all, RAce. Religion, Star WArs, Guns, Drugs, Firetrucks, Hookers--- Everything that makes life worth living!

smoker4
Originally posted by Cowboyography
This thread has it all, RAce. Religion, Star WArs, Guns, Drugs, Firetrucks, Hookers--- Everything that makes life worth living!

Its my life in a thread laughing out loud laughing out loud

DCLXVI
Smoker......laughing

TheSithLord
In a GFFA where people call each other, "laser brain", I think it's okay for Palpatine to say this line. The GFFA is not a perfect universe, and not many people are gramatrically correct, especially when they're got plans to take over the galaxy on their mind.

jaden101
It is traditionally called a joke. But it would only appear that way to those who need their humor spoon fed to them.

And is liking black people the new form of racism? Ok fine then. I hate black people! Now am I not racist?

And Mossman: Wouldnt "to learn" satisfy the "understanding" angle on this? It is enough to say "learn the dark side".

And just kidding, I like black people again. Maybe that was just a bad Jar Jar Binks riff you were going on. But then again, probably not.

I'm not racist. I hate everyone equally. But I just love Star Wars. But hate people who use terms like trolling. And flaming.

there is that great internet get out of jail free card...when you make yourself look like a complete plank and try to redeem yourself but feigning some kind of subtle humour

look mate...you made an mistake...i called you on it...at least have the self respect not to dig a bigger hole for yourself...

i'll even lend you a hand getting out of the one you already dug

EjkoUSC
Actually it was a joke. Mate. The irony is you are trying to hand me a shovel for the hole you've now officially dug for yourself.

What is funnier is your trying to speak on my behalf as to what I meant as a way of redeeming yourself for having no radar for spotting a joke. I mean you are Scottish. You guys "cant even speech Americanish that goodly".

Did you catch the subtlety there? Come on now. I am spoon feeding it to you this time. Good boy.

See, I am not racist at all. Mate.

jaden101
who said you were racist...i just said you have a poor grasp of English...but then being a yank that is to be expected

jaden101
if it was genuinly meant as a joke...then face it...you'll never a comedy legend...because it was pretty crap....

you want to learn real subtle humour...i suggest you watch the office

EjkoUSC
If "making a mistake" on a Star Wars Episode III internet fan forum constitutes "digging a hole" (which it does by your reckoning), then I think we can safely assume that your grasp on life isn't very realistic. However I do appreciate William Wallace as depicted through the American production of his services in the film "Braveheart".

And I guess my hopes of being "a comedy legend" are now tragically dashed.

jaden101
oh man...dont get me started on braveheart...a film about a scotsman...starring an australian and filmed in ireland...

still it was a bit better than his attempt at the yanky version...the patriot...

EjkoUSC
The Patriot isn't that good but gets better with more viewings. I ****in hate Heath Ledger's ***** in that movie. and those kids. But I love the cinematography and music.

jaden101
the best bit for me is when the guy gets his leg smashed off with the cannon ball...it even better than the guy who gets in in the face in "glory"

have to say though...glory is the better film...superb

jaden101
still we are likely to get kicked out of here if we continue this discussion in here...the sci fi fans dont like films about ye olde days

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.