New 'Star Wars' is 'too strong' for kids

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Discomurf
*ww.msnbc.msn.com/id/7150722/

LandoSpeeder2
Anything I don't know?

Discomurf
OK...wise guy how bout'

a sixty minutes Lucas interview this sun?

*ww.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/03/10/60minutes/main679325.shtml

wink

astrofan428
60 minutes huh?

Discomurf
"Speaking to Correspondent Lesley Stahl, the filmmaker provides a peek at the much anticipated movie for a report to be broadcast on 60 Minutes, Sunday, March 13, at 7 p.m. ET/PT. "

Sadako of Girth
Maybe it will be too strong for kids, but we adults need something to bring the saga back into balance after the kiddyness of ep1 and a lot of ep2. (Not to mention 'Clone wars'..)

smoker4
Its too orangey for crows, its just for me and my dog

.:Space Opera:.
wtf!? stop smoking that stuff!

smoker4
Nope

Sadako of Girth
Kia-oraaaa...!

smoker4
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Kia-oraaaa...!

Bingo, first prize Happy Dance

TheSithLord
I live in the UK and hope it's still as 'strong' as the U.S version. I would hate to see this version get edited / watered down because that will just lead to mass bootleg versions being downloaded by people in UK.

Going to be cool tho to see a 'strong' Star Wars.

Sadako of Girth
Ohhhh yeah....!!!

((The_Anomaly))
AOTC wasent childish...

Sadako of Girth
Less childish than TPM certainly, but the foul stain of Binks was upon it,
and it was still lighter in tone than ANH and ESB.....
And definitely not as dark as ROTS looks...

Cipher
If a kid really wants to see this film, someone will take them even if its PG 13.
Quite a few parents don't really care that much......

Imaginary
If its too strong, then good! It's not a kiddie movie, it's meant to be dark.

Luetchyboy
Originally posted by TheSithLord
I live in the UK and hope it's still as 'strong' as the U.S version. I would hate to see this version get edited / watered down because that will just lead to mass bootleg versions being downloaded by people in UK.

Going to be cool tho to see a 'strong' Star Wars.

Don't worry, the highest rating it will be is a 12A. Nowadays virtually nothing is cut between countries (USA and UK at least).

guiro72
they still cut certain things in uk i thought.....a scene was cut out of aotc - one of the jango scenes....and anything to do with nun-chuks (sp?) is still out as far as i know....on another note, i've never really thought of anh as being that dark....anyway, the new one looks so dark it practically looks like a horror film in parts....when lucas made phantom menace, it was like he just thought, "i'm gonna make a cartoon for 3 year olds - i don't care if people hate that, it just amuses me to make it that way"......seems to me with rots, he's thought, "and now i'm gonna make a star wars film that's like evil dead - i know i'm not supposed to, but f**k it, i can do whatever i want, why not?"......great.....can't wait for the strange experimental films he keeps saying he's gonna make after sw.....would rather see them than ep 7, with mark hammil as an old luke, training han and leia's snotty nosed kids to be jedi, so they can fight the clone of palpatine, etc etc.....anyways, just rambling on to kill time while my trailer downloads....rots is gonna be great as far as i can tell, probably the second best sw film out of all of them, maybe best....and i never expected to be saying that....have one for me smoker....i'm dry sad ....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.