Batman Vs Ryu

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Max Spidey 24
THey both at Human Peak

Hegemon875
without hado power Batman wins, with it ryu wins IMO

Kento
Please tell me this is a joke....Batman has nothing on the Hadoken, Shoryuken, or um...the spinning kick that I cannot spell.

Max Spidey 24
Batman has All the weapons and darkness to sneak up on not to menshion in anime world Batman is Ryus Strength witch is Human Peak

Joker1237
The Bat will win.

Kento
You don't see Batman taking out guys like Bison or being able to focus ki, or breaking thru windows with his barefeet, or anything that Ryu has done in the anime. Might as well just put Batman against Terry since he's peak human to. But still both of them would kick Bruce's butt in martial arts, and with all of Bat's gadgets. Ryu devotes himself sorely to martial arts training, Batman devotes himself to cleaning up Gotham so he learned martial arts. There's a big difference in them.

Joker1237
But Gotham is a much more dnager place than anywere Ryu been too.

Kento
What all over the world, and in street fighter competitions, and fighting against the dark hadou, and fighting against Ken who was turned evil by Bison.

Gotham might be bad but it's got corrupt officials, and gangs..and the occasional psycho.

SpyCspider
Ryu's a master of shotokan karate; Bat's is a master of every form of martial art...as unbelievable as that sounds. But then again, so is the hadoken. With the ability to harness ki, as well as do the hurrican kick (tatsu-maki-sempu kyaku), I think Ryu would own. If it's fighting hand to hand and no special powers or gadgets, I think Bat's is more sneaky and deadly...probably disabling Ryu before he knows it. If Ryu connects though, Bat's would probably be out cold.

Kento
Being a Master of 127 martial arts isn't really to the best advantage. I mean it's said the Shiva, and Cassandra can kick his butt, and Slade also.

LordFear
Bats is proficient in over 126 different styles of martial arts. I think Bruce would win!!!

Kento
Being able to use 126 different arts don't make him automatically the best fighter in the world. His brain makes him the deadlist man alive not his fighting abilities. And that is something he might be able to use to beat Ryu if he can...But 126 martial arts won't help him against Ryu.

Banner
I've never read anything that stated Batman was proficient in over 126 martial art styles. That's utter BULLSHIT. Besides -- Batman has lost before to fighters such as Lady Shiva and Batgirl ( Cassandra Cain )...and they're no where near the skill and ability of Ryu. There is no way Batman could take on the World Warrior ( Ryu ) in a hand to hand fight regardless of all his " tricks " and prep time. 'Nuff Said.

Joker1237
Come on I sure Cass Cain could kick Ryu's over rated butt,

Kento
It's in the book that tells about them...That's where I read it.

But Cassandra isn't in the league of Ryu. When it comes to peak human...Anime, and Comics are two different things. I mean Terry was just a normal human who devotes his life to fighting, and he beat the god of war in the anime, and he's nothing more then a normal guy like Ryu who trains all the time.

Joker1237
I sure Cain could beat most people in Street Fightrer. She is in the top 3 in DC in hand to hand combat.

Kento
Sure she could probably beat, Honda, Dhalsim, Cammy, Chun Li, Balrog, Guile, and maybe even Vega.

Banner
Possibly. But she'd never take Bison, Sagat, Gill, Oro, Ryu, Gouki and they're ALL on the TOP tier of Street Fighter. Batman cannot fire chi ( ki ) energy from his body and therefore lacks the focus and pure fighting prowess that Ryu has.

Draco69
In a straight up fight Batman would probably lose.

In a regular fight, Batman would probably win. Sonics, knockout gas, vomit gas, midnite bombs, batgrenades, etc. Batman would win by genius not pure force. Ryu ain't exactly the sharpest tool in the shed.

Kento
I think Bats would have a better chance against Sagat then Ryu in a straight up fight though.

Banner
NO WAY! Ryu never FAIRLY beat Sagat in the Street Fighter series. Sagat was helping Ryu up AFTER he'd already beaten Ryu when all of a sudden Ryu goes Satsu no Hado on him and Shoryukens him. Batman would get MURDERED by Sagat.

Kento
Actually it all depends on which series you go off of on how strong they are. Street Fighter 2 V the series or the two movies.

LordFear
Sagat would own Ryu. Sagat doesn't show any holding back when he fights. Ryu would show hesitation, that's his downfall

ebonyblade1
If this fight was in anime or comics, it would still be a good fight. Batman would have to go all out and finally use some of those rare kung-fu moves you read about, but rarely see. He learned the whispering hand, dim mak, and tiger punch from master kirigi (i may not have spelled it right). We all know about the infamous dim mak. But the tiger punch is suppose to be able to tear down mountains or something like that. He also learned lady shiva's leopard punch and perfected it so that it would disarm without killing. Bruce got some moves. He has to use his chi when he fights because that is what most martial arts depend on. The comic book just never emphasises. Besides Ryu's energy wave (i don't know the name of it) can be dodged. And so can his uppercut.

jinzin
the hell? sagat would get pounded by ryu,,,just like he did in the movie. Honsetly batmans by no means a pushover by far,,,,,,but common ryu's been forced into beating demigods like bison, and demons like akuma.

Although I agree, that if batman is using his sneaky ninja tactics and martial art skills to their fullest, while chucking all sorts of gas and bombs, etc....he will probably work ryu,,,,,,I think it's probably more likely that ryu's gonna take bats before bats can start to utilize those skills. I mean ryu's dodged bullets and can presumably level a mountain top at full power. don't know if batman would necceassarily be ready for that via no prep time.

Of course he could always run ryu over with his car.

and another thing terry bogard+vs.+batman= total ass rapage! The guy beat a god,,,,,a freaking GOD, by being more powerful than it was....that would just be ridiculous.

Sentry
Originally posted by jinzin
and another thing terry bogard+vs.+batman= total ass rapage! The guy beat a god,,,,,a freaking GOD, by being more powerful than it was....that would just be ridiculous.

Terry Bogard is the man. Terry at full power would give a lot of marvel/dc heroes an a$$ kickin.

Blade Cutter
Ryu fights Akuma damn that tales me he would win right there.Ryu also fought hero's like Spider-man, Hulk, Wolverine, Cap America, and War Machine to say a fue from Marvel vs Capcom.

Mainstream
zapping

SpyCspider
yea like i said, if Bats used some kinda sneaky ninja tactic, he could probably disarm and incapacitate Ryu before he even realizes it. That's just the nature of Bats...he cheats, and finds the easiest way to beat his opponent. wink Not to mention all his batarangs, bolas, gas, acid, and Bat-anti-shark repellent.

I bet it's hard to control a shoryuken or hurricane kick once it's already in full motion. But if Ryu connects, I think he can take Bat's head off with one punch. Or a hadoken can blast his guts out--without even raising it to the shinku one.

Blade Cutter
Witch Ryu is it if its a Ryu from X-men vs Street Fighters are past Ryu wins because his blast are huge in those and fast as hell and he can stop in mid air when he shoots it.

Xplosive
Ryu is better figther and with power that he achived in Alpha (wasn't seduced by Dark hadou, but he controled it and becoma good and becaming more powerful than Akuma), Batman would be toasted in few seconds.

Xplosive
Originally posted by Banner
NO WAY! Ryu never FAIRLY beat Sagat in the Street Fighter series. Sagat was helping Ryu up AFTER he'd already beaten Ryu when all of a sudden Ryu goes Satsu no Hado on him and Shoryukens him. Batman would get MURDERED by Sagat.

Hey, in Street Fighter The Animated Movie, Ryu was holding back and destroyed Sagat. In Alpha was saw what power Ryu achived.

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by Kento
You don't see Batman taking out guys like Bison or being able to focus ki, or breaking thru windows with his barefeet, or anything that Ryu has done in the anime.Ahem, if breaking windows with your bare feet is the reward for years of focusing your ki then ki is a big gip 'cause I can do that right now.

ebonyblade1
Ha, that's funny.

lifeisaglich
I second that motion

jinzin
yeah but can you jump kick the driver of a car through the windsheild and not sustain any injuries? I doubt it.

jplatinum
Normally, I'd say batman, but if we're talkin' about Ryu from the series then I'd say batman.....doesn't stand a chance.
Do you know what kind of powers they have in the street fighter series.
I wouldn't want to fight those guys and I'm a black belt and I'm a top level athlete and amateur boxer.
If batman wins against Ryu.
Hey maybe I can pimp slap the Hulk.

laughing

Banner
Originally posted by Xplosive
Hey, in Street Fighter The Animated Movie, Ryu was holding back and destroyed Sagat. In Alpha was saw what power Ryu achived.

The story in the Street Fighter animated movie isn't cannon with the series ( For those who don't know -- the Street Fighter games are the only canon source of information. ) so that's hardly a source of information that can be trusted. And no -- Ryu has never TRULY defeated Sagat. When he did it was an ACCIDENT. Before Ryu released his Satsu no Hadou on Sagat he was getting his ass handed to him by Sagat. Therefore, Sagat is more than likely a better fighter than Ryu.

Anyway. Batman couldn't hold a candle to Ryu or any other Street Fighter for that matter. They've mastered the ability to use their Ki ( Chi ) energy in the physical world along with their martial arts. That's something that Bat's has never done.

jinzin
is this why sagat lost his title to ryu in the first game and ryu as successfully held it ever since? lol. ryu kicked sagats ass in the first game and every tournament since get over it.

Xplosive
The story in the Street Fighter animated movie isn't cannon with the series ( For those who don't know -- the Street Fighter games are the only canon source of information. ) so that's hardly a source of information that can be trusted. And no -- Ryu has never TRULY defeated Sagat. When he did it was an ACCIDENT. Before Ryu released his Satsu no Hadou on Sagat he was getting his ass handed to him by Sagat. Therefore, Sagat is more than likely a better fighter than Ryu.

Anyway. Batman couldn't hold a candle to Ryu or any other Street Fighter for that matter. They've mastered the ability to use their Ki ( Chi ) energy in the physical world along with their martial arts. That's something that Bat's has never done.

http://www.answers.com/main/ntquery?method=4&dsid=2222&dekey=Ryu+%28Street+Fighter%29&gwp=8&curtab=2222_1

Here you have infomration about Ryu from game, if you haven't played one. It is said, Ryu first gave him scar (and was holding back, he didn't deliver him wih full, but a cheap blow, and Sagat was down) and than finish him wiht hadokuen, that aslo happend in Movie. Sagat is nothing to Ryu. And what Sagat said in game, in the end, Ryu is the only oppoent he live to fight another day, the only trully worthy opponetn, but of course, Bison or Akuma easily destroy Sagat. Sagat was beaitn Ryu (beacuse Ryu was young karate practitioner and Sagat was expericend, but he lost, if Ryu would use Gou Shouryuuken, Sagat would die), but than Sagat realized Ryu powers easily surpasses

Nataku8188
( For those who don't know -- the Street Fighter games are the only canon source of information. )

Not true, the comic books currently being released are considered the canon storyline.

LordFear
I am telling you that an all out battle from Sgat and Ryu would get killed. Look at the game, every move at the exception of the hurricane kick, Sagat has a version off. Sagat has his tiger kick where you charge him and he lunges at you with his knee right to the face. In game that cancels out a hurricane kick. People won't admit to it because Sagat is nowhere near as popular, that's it.
Sagat is the man!!!

WindDancer
In the brain department Ryu would lose. Whereas Batman owned Ryu. No match Ryu loses....too much muscle no brains. Batman wins!

Nataku8188
Originally posted by LordFear
I am telling you that an all out battle from Sgat and Ryu would get killed. Look at the game, every move at the exception of the hurricane kick, Sagat has a version off. Sagat has his tiger kick where you charge him and he lunges at you with his knee right to the face. In game that cancels out a hurricane kick. People won't admit to it because Sagat is nowhere near as popular, that's it.
Sagat is the man!!!

Look;

leonheartmm
Theres noway in hell that batman cud even dream of beating ryu.

jinzin
pffft ridiculous, in an all out battle ryu goes dark and sagat dies regardless.

Xplosive
Sagat is the man!!!

More than just wrong, you have even the fact and you are saying the opposite and AKuma or Bison are more than one level aboe Sagat.

LordFear
Sagat has every one of Ryu's move perfected to his own Thai style. So you tell me aside from bad or subjective writing, how a determined Sagat wouldn't knock out Ryu???
C'mon people stop riding the wave and do some independent thinking here!!!
Analyze it for yourselves

Xplosive
Sagat has every one of Ryu's move perfected to his own Thai style. So you tell me aside from bad or subjective writing, how a determined Sagat wouldn't knock out Ryu???

Ryu is far more powerful, I think you have nothing to judge agaisnt demigawd, look at youself, demigawd is at least defending Magneto, who trully suprasses Bison in power, but you are saying Sagat vs Ryu, it's not even wortt mentinonig, Ryu as practionir defetad Sagat and he didn't use his full power, beacuse he didn't want to kill Sagat, but one punch was enough to defeat him. But time passing from then, Sagat has only less and less chance to even chanlege Ryu, Ryu is always growin in power, so Sagat wouldn't be even a chalenge. Ryu is loooking the kindf of Akuma and surpassing them, Sagat is joke to kind of Ryu, Akuma, Bison.

Nataku8188

Why don't you analyze that scan right there? where Sagat is yelling about how he won't lose, then gets his ass knocked out.

unrealman
http://kattuggla.oru.se/dmd01/dm0103/test/faqs/SFplotguide40.txt

DigiMark007
Does SF have comics?? Cause I'd really like to find an excuse not to move the nigh-limitless number of SF threads recently.

TwisterGameX
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Does SF have comics?? Cause I'd really like to find an excuse not to move the nigh-limitless number of SF threads recently.

Yeah, It's a comic now.

http://www.comicon.com/pulse/images/streetfighter_cvr.jpg
http://www.ibulle.net/comics/images/preview/originales/7215_3.jpg
http://www.ibulle.net/comics/images/originales/imgstfv1n014.jpg

jinzin
Originally posted by DigiMark007

ummm yeah buddy.. confused

street fighter's had about 4 or 5 different comic incarnations now... they're not even all mangas...

batmandaman
look, batman would win, hands down. ryu is tough, don't get me wrong, but he is no match for the bat. Bruce is a master of all martial arts, ALL. and with his superior intellect and cunning, and his vast assortment of weapons, he is the clear victor.

dvampire
Can Batman take on this guy?

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/1282/10042005035328pm6uh.jpg

Can he take one of these?

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/4625/10042005035847pm6rq.jpg

Ryu wins IMO.

batmandaman
Originally posted by dvampire
Can Batman take on this guy?

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/1282/10042005035328pm6uh.jpg

Can he take one of these?

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/4625/10042005035847pm6rq.jpg

Ryu wins IMO.
yes, yes and no

batmandaman
the man took a hit from darkseid, who could stomp ryu's goofy ass into the ground. so im sure he's not too worried about a soryuken.

lifeisaglich
I know all to well that in batman is not going to fare well against Ryu...but batman still has a chance of winning....A mean for batman to have learned and mastered all 127 forms of martial arts and not know a thing about armping up his chi or ki is ludacris.....and what is the difference between chi and ki

olympian
"the man took a hit from darkseid"

With an armor originally from that very same planet.

And as low as Darkseid is against the top heroes, you actually think he punched as hard as he could?

Orestes
Batman's trying to fight Ryu now?

What's next? Freaking Karate Kid?

Ryu. Easily. Wins.

batmandaman
Originally posted by lifeisaglich
I know all to well that in batman is not going to fare well against Ryu...but batman still has a chance of winning....A mean for batman to have learned and mastered all 127 forms of martial arts and not know a thing about armping up his chi or ki is ludacris.....and what is the difference between chi and ki where in the world does it say that batman doesn't know anything about "amping" up his chi. i haven't read anything that says that. just because he doesn't make it apparent doesn't mean he doesn't or hasn't.

leonheartmm
ryu easily.

Superherovandal
Ryu with supreme ease.

Xplosive
Ryu with extreme ease.

Mainstream
unless Batman can gain knowledge on Ryu and design some super powerful ninja armor....Ryu.

Pointinel
ryu sucks.

truthfully,
point

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.