New Signature Limits

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Raz
Signature limits are being reduced, as I think the currents limits are too excessive.

The signature images now have a limit of 450x150 and the text now has a limit of 8 lines.

Custom smilies (due to recent abuse) will no longer be allowed in signatures.

Quote tags, due to the space it takes, will no longer be allowed.

The tag can no longer be used in signatures.

The change will not affect you unless you change your profile.

lil bitchiness
cry

Ronny
cry damn... im going to have to edit alot of my sig pictures embarrasment

dave123
cry How can you expect me to work with 150 height?

Cinemaddiction
Well, they are in essence signature lines, not spiffy art galleries. stick out tongue

dave123
i would hardly expect someone of your signature making calibre to comprehend

Hegemon875
has there been any complaints about the current sig size?

Raz
*I* think they are too excessive, as I said in the first post.

Additionally, the quote tag will no longer be allowed.

I'm in a wicked mood, can you tell? wink

Hegemon875
Hey you're god around here, your will be done, even if its wrong miffed

The Ones
HOLY CRAP!!!! i knew raz is an evil god! he will smite us all until he dies (or gets bored)!

why are the sigs being reduced any way? this problem hasnt arisen before!!!

Raz
Originally posted by Hegemon875
Hey you're god around here, your will be done, even if its wrong miffed Your post is a perfect example.

Need I say more?

The Ones
i still dont see the point? reducing the sigs are like making them barely visible. 500X200 we can just get away with...

Cinemaddiction
Originally posted by The Ones
i still dont see the point? reducing the sigs are like making them barely visible. 500X200 we can just get away with...

Barely visible? These uber-sigs are just tacky, IMO. Here's a size comparison.

Smodden
This takes away MAJOR cool-points from Raz.mad

Tex
Originally posted by Raz
Signature limits are being reduced, as I think the currents limits are too excessive.

The signature images now have a limit of 450x150 and the text now has a limit of 8 lines.

sleepzzzzzzzz

Lana
Ahh poo.

WindDancer
*flashback*

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20580&perpage=20&highlight=signature+limits&pagenumber=1

GCG
booo wheee
*throws tomato*

boooo

i disagree ; i cant even do any modification in my e-mail , cause i just changed it. and the sys wont allow me to do any modifications without changing my signature first.

altough it says that current sigs will remain as they are, i cannot alter anything else.

I would have thought the the more time passes as a member the less pixel limitations one gets.......clearly wrong.

as usual; just because there are a few that abuse, everyone gets a boot on the signature limitations.

Hegemon875
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
Barely visible? These uber-sigs are just tacky, IMO. Here's a size comparison.

*cough*jealous*cough*

Hegemon875
Originally posted by Raz
Your post is a perfect example.

Need I say more?

so my post is smaller than my sig in this one post, so what? There are many times when the opposite is true. So if my post was consistently 100 lines long I could have a larger sig?

DCLXVI
Raz! mad
I quote Smodd:
Originally posted by Smodden
This takes away MAJOR cool-points from Raz.mad

But....I still love ya'. stick out tongue
So....if we don't alter our Profiles, we can keep our big sigs? confused

Hegemon875
Originally posted by Raz

Abuse, or creativity?

BakaXero
8 lines....cry

WindDancer
Abuse, or creativity?

You can still be creative in a small way. It really is no biggie.

GCG
Originally posted by BakaXero
8 lines....cry

^ Sounds like samara in the ring laughing out loud

*phone rings*

KMC poster: "ello ?

*Raz in sinister whispering voice*
8 lines ! blow

---

mine is 6 lines and it asks me to have it changed. but i am ssuming that its because of the amount of pixel per line thing.

which is kind of misleading. as mine is 6 and not 8 , then i would have a complaint. (if Raz accepts them laughing out loud )

but most users are not familiar with this pixel per line rule...which kinda leaves them in the dark as not everyone is technical.

BakaXero
these changes will only affect my tranparent sigs... dammit!!

Stealth Agent
awwn that sucks, i dont understand what the big deal is how would it hurt us to have bigger sigs

Raz are you going to attack the avatars next?

Hegemon875
I miss the good old days when there was no limit at all (as long as you hosted it yourself) then came the size limit, and the kb limit, and now a reduction in size.

Tex
icecream

dragonpisces272
hmm doesnt affect me much...but i feel the pain from the other members stick out tongue

Darth Surgent
I don't mind the loss of signature space at all. I just wish that avatars could have a few more KBs. weep

DCLXVI
True....

charmedFairy
does that mean my fork smiley will have to gocry poop

Lana
Someone likes the fork smilie! eek!

(I uploaded that) happy

Storm
Hup and there goes the supporting of certain threads and forums sad

Korri
Originally posted by Raz
*I* think they are too excessive, as I said in the first post.

Additionally, the quote tag will no longer be allowed.

I'm in a wicked mood, can you tell? wink

i think its sexeh droolio

Jaxx
arghhh man i spent ages doing this..razzle you are mean...but sexy..so i'll shut up now.

Urm razzle when you upload the sig it still says 500 by 200..that will just confuse some peeps..(yes like me)

BakaXero
Did you change the size limit?
i mean in bytes?
if so why didnt you put that in your post?

Clovie
it means i won't be able to change my profile ever again? crying

Raz
Originally posted by Jaxx
Urm razzle when you upload the sig it still says 500 by 200..that will just confuse some peeps..(yes like me) Fixed.

And to all - this does NOT affect you until you decide to change your profile.

Korri
I still dont see why everyone is complaining, it just means there is more room for other things and should speed things up a little. Plus i hate signatures that are too big they just annoy me, the new restrictions are not that bad at all guys.

Quit moping and get over it.

Fionnula
crycry

furryman
sounds fine

i like thin wide sigs thoughembarrasment

Linkalicious
Originally posted by Raz

It's sexy when Raz puts his foot down like that.

VicmCruz3663
I think the limits are 2 small

Hegemon875
As I see it there are only 2 opnions on the sig change, indifference and objection, so, the only reason I think its being implimented is because of a personal preference of Raz's. Now of course it is HIS website but it is a VERY large forum with many people who like it and dont want to leave and if they dont want the change and dont mind the current settings I really dont think changing the limit is justified.

Tex
Originally posted by Linkalicious
It's sexy when Raz puts his foot down like that.

Tramp! winkiss

Darth Surgent
Originally posted by Raz
And to all - this does NOT affect you until you decide to change your profile.

Then I mustn't change. Great sadness would befall me, were I to abandon "The Naughty Raven." big grin

misha
raz cry

ah well what needs to be done needs to be done sadwalk

Jedi Priestess
*mental note*

Do not change sig picture smile

The Ones
raz is the real Empire!

Hegemon875
Originally posted by misha
raz cry

ah well what needs to be done needs to be done sadwalk

But it doesnt NEED to be done mad

A4E
Originally posted by Korri
I still dont see why everyone is complaining, it just means there is more room for other things and should speed things up a little. Plus i hate signatures that are too big they just annoy me, the new restrictions are not that bad at all guys.

maybe some ppl simply like big sigs, they like to make them big and now they can't, they have the right to express they're opinion

as for me Im ok with being 150 vertical, but I dont like it being 450 horizontal sad

Hegemon875
Originally posted by Korri

ah ok since its ok with korri its ok with everyone, of course why didnt I realize that before, ok go ahead Raz reduce it to 100x200 Korri doesnt like big sigs.

Raz
OK after all this "talk", I have not seen one good argument for keeping larger signatures...

Fionnula
i have a good one...look at my sig..the reduced limit ruins it...convinced yet? big grin stick out tongue

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Raz
OK after all this "talk", I have not seen one good argument for keeping larger signatures... After thinking about this a little more, I think its wise to have them smaller if people are absuing the privilege.

I like the smaller and thiner signatures anyway - i cant really think of why we would need bigger, but why not keep the lenght 500 and only regulate the hight?

cry my saber is 500 long, and if i change my siggy (which probably wont happen for a while) i cant have my saber the same lenght again cry And sabers that are less than 500 pix just look poo!!! cry

^^ did that sound selish? Thats the only argument i have to keep the lenght the same, and reduce the hight droolio

The Ones
Raz:

if people want to put some content into a sig, but they dont have enough room to put it all in, they will just change to have no sigs. the forum will go and people will be bored. the signiture is like an id. i see your sig and say: "hey, raz likes star wars" and people will say the same about me. but if i loose interest in star wars (AS IF) or if people loose interest in what there sigs are expressing, or if they want to change to a different element of what they like, they will want to change it. but they cant if the limits are too small. and we wont know users personalities and what they like and it would just be lifeless.

Storm
Don' t dramatise it.

I have no problem with the image limits, only with the text restriction because I use the center and url tags a lot.

A4E
i agree with milla i dont care about the high... I care about the width

The Ones
i care about both!!!

dave123
Raz, I understand your arguments that height should be reduced - fair enough, the average sig is longer than the average post, but how can you justifty less width? confused

Hegemon875
Why is having a longer sig than post a problem. I have yet to see a good arguement to lower the limit.

GCG
Originally posted by Raz
OK after all this "talk", I have not seen one good argument for keeping larger signatures...

we cannot include animated gifs in the sig ; such as the following

http://img196.exs.cx/img196/4056/sneaktrailer3es8vr.gif

http://mirkon.mediadazzle.com/images/stormtrooper.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v420/weetabix1/hippo.gif

or movie gifs

http://img5.photobucket.com/albums/v15/towner/Moving/Godzilla.gif

dragonpisces272
laughing on the gifs GCG

JKozzy
Originally posted by dave123
Raz, I understand your arguments that height should be reduced - fair enough, the average sig is longer than the average post, but how can you justifty less width? confused How about just reduce it to eight lines, and have us choose whether we want to have the 500x200 image and no text, or the 400x150 image and text. I think that'd make it easier, for those who want the larger image.

Hegemon875
Originally posted by JKozzy
How about just reduce it to eight lines, and have us choose whether we want to have the 500x200 image and no text, or the 400x150 image and text. I think that'd make it easier, for those who want the larger image.

yes

Jedi Priestess
I'm agreeing with the height restriction myself. Some peoples siggs have gotten to be billboard size. Also the sigs with a bunch of smilies in them are annoying. But, I do agree whole-heartedly with those that want to keep the width at 500. That doesnt eat the posting space and is quite handy for sabers. yes

A4E
yeah!! go width thing!!

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
I'm agreeing with the height restriction myself. Some peoples siggs have gotten to be billboard size. Also the sigs with a bunch of smilies in them are annoying. But, I do agree whole-heartedly with those that want to keep the width at 500. That doesnt eat the posting space and is quite handy for sabers. yes

Yes!! Same here...hight, is annoying, billboard as JP said.

But please please please let us have 500 in width cry please Darth Razious cry

The Ones
jkoz is right. go with his idea Raz

¤Freak-N-Lost¤
Yeah Me likes that idea yes

Most of my sigs were 500x150 anyway

(with the exeption of this 1 I have on now)

Cinemaddiction
Yep. Width is an issue, height, I only go about 100, anyway.

WindDancer
Originally posted by GCG
we cannot include animated gifs in the sig ; such as the following

http://mirkon.mediadazzle.com/images/stormtrooper.gif

hahaha! That would make a great siggy!

GCG
like for example in the following, when the camera closes up on the guns that are back-to-back, some able editor can make the letters KMC appear. that would be a cool sig

http://www.freewebs.com/equilibrium-movie/Corinthian-misc_kata.gif

misha
Originally posted by The Ones
Raz:

if people want to put some content into a sig, but they dont have enough room to put it all in, they will just change to have no sigs. the forum will go and people will be bored. the signiture is like an id. i see your sig and say: "hey, raz likes star wars" and people will say the same about me. but if i loose interest in star wars (AS IF) or if people loose interest in what there sigs are expressing, or if they want to change to a different element of what they like, they will want to change it. but they cant if the limits are too small. and we wont know users personalities and what they like and it would just be lifeless.

people will get bored if the sigs are smaller? confused
i actually dont mind the whole smaller sigs anymore erm

¤Freak-N-Lost¤
It still thinks the 500x150 would b better

Everything squishy otherwise...long sigs rok

misha
i think they look kinda funny when theyre rather long, yet rather thin erm
however i dont think raz will have a problem with the request smile

Hegemon875
Originally posted by misha
i think they look kinda funny when theyre rather long, yet rather thin erm
however i dont think raz will have a problem with the request smile

Yup, no problem denying it.

Clovie
and really can't we have at least 9 lines? confused
i understand that sig pics need to be a bit smallr,
but why can't i have my ONE scrolling line of text, only because the program counts it as two lines? messed

SpikeSpiegel
New sig limit's don't bother me much at the moment. Though they might soon when I make a new sig.

Raz
Sorry peeps, no changes. Although in the future, possibly.

Also an add-on. I'm disallowing all use of the tag as I see no purpose for it there. All the text will (soon) automagically become a smaller size.

I'm becoming into quite a Darth Vader, aint I?

The Ones
you are the emperor!!!!!!! taking away our freedom just because it gives him a buzz of hapiness. RAZ YOUR NOT LIKE THAT!! TURN BACK TO THE LIGHT SIDE!!!

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Raz

Also an add-on. I'm disallowing all use of the tag as I see no purpose for it there. All the text will (soon) automagically become a smaller size.

I'm becoming into quite a Darth Vader, aint I? mad Darth Sidious more like!

Anakin even as Darth Vader would never do such thing! schmoll

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by Raz

Out of curiosity Razmeister, why all the changes? Is there a technical reason or were you just feeling evil last week?

The Ones
just feeling evil i think

Hegemon875
I told you he would deny it. Raz has never been reasonable in my opinion.

Raz
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
Out of curiosity Razmeister, why all the changes? Is there a technical reason or were you just feeling evil last week? A little bit of (a) and a little bit of (b)

No, but seriously. Signatures take up too much room. It's annoying and I've always been wanting to sort it out.

lil bitchiness
Raz, I have a Q. Why is width of siggies an issue?

WindDancer
Originally posted by Raz

It must be the siggy and avy. stick out tongue

But on a serious note....when I first join KMC I remenber people would have huge siggys and a ton of smilies with a too many quotes. As time has passed I've noticed that smaller siggies are neat and you get to scroll down quicker (of course I don't time when I'm scrolling down a forum) and faster. Is better to have smaller siggies.

Raz
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Raz, I have a Q. Why is width of siggies an issue? A 450 sig fits better on 800x600.

misha
Originally posted by Raz

youre the devil cry

SpikeSpiegel
Originally posted by Raz

*Yells*

YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE!!!

...sorry, couldn't help myself...

Fionnula
damn i thought my reason was so convincing sad stick out tongue

Clovie
Originally posted by Raz

I'm becoming into quite a Darth Vader, aint I? re-think? cry

darth vader? considering my VERY limited knowledge about SW, are you wearing a big black helmet now? blink

A4E
Originally posted by Raz

what... come on!! how bout when we want to say HAPPY BDAY!! with big letters?? plus the glow thing looks really bad with the normal siize letters...

u darth..darth vader!

The Ones
raz was seduced by the dark side of the force. and during that period, the good man who was raz was destroyed. he betrayed and murdered the leader of KMC

Fionnula
he's like a mixture of Darth Willow mixed with cosmic-entiity type pocession thing...what will we do? smart yes

The Ones
What the f**k?

Storm
Originally posted by A4E
what... come on!! how bout when we want to say HAPPY BDAY!! with big letters?? plus the glow thing looks really bad with the normal siize letters...

u darth..darth vader!
Something like this is better than big letters in your signature imo stick out tongue

Clovie
but still now it has to be smaller sad

Storm
That signature fits perfectly within the given limitations.

Clovie
really? that's good big grin

but i still NEED one line more cry

Storm
Goddammit and now I' m in trouble with changing it back.

Please reduce the size of your signature, as it is too large.

Currently it is 10 lines. We allow a maximum of 8 lines.

The lines include any images you have in your signature. (25 height pixels = 1 line)

Clovie
sad

sowwie..... bag

this 8 lines limit is killing me sad

Storm
One url ffs.

Raz
Storm, I've never seen you so angry! flirt1

Anyhoo, the problems you just experienced should have gone now.

BBcode i.e. bold, color, URLs tags, are no longer counted towards a "line".

Storm
That' s still nothing.
Thank you.
*Curtsies.*

That' s the first sensible decision in days stick out tongue

Clovie
i can edit profile eek!

i love you razzle kisses

Raz
Update.

Mods have been excluded from any restrictions in sigs.

dave123
....ANY...?

droolio 50 line sig, here we come....

Raz
Well, I'm expecting you to be responsible stick out tongue

sky shadow
i wish you can change it
sad

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Raz
Update.

OMFG I could kiss you droolioflirt1winkissJumpy

I never have a huge sig anyway...and my saber will stay 500! happyeek!

Hegemon875
thats it Im not saying anyone should care but Im gone.

GCG
Originally posted by Raz
Update.

cry
worse than sidious ; he twists the knife in the wound and force lightens it.....

deathemp

misha
thats it Im not saying anyone should care but Im gone.

youre leaving kmc because your sig ca no longer be as large as it was before? huh

i actually dont mind the small sigs anymore ... i love a change, and i think smaller sigs look much more ... sophisticated flirt

BakaXero
as long as the byte size dont get smaller im happybig grin

Cinemaddiction
Originally posted by Raz
Update.

When will that take effect, because I just tried to upload an old sig, and no dice.

Darth Surgent
Originally posted by BakaXero
as long as the byte size dont get smaller im happybig grin

My sentiments exactly. big grin

Clovie
Originally posted by Raz
Update.

Mods have been excluded from any restrictions in sigs. unfair cry

BakaXero
Originally posted by Clovie
unfair cry
you should find a way to be a mod

Clovie
impossible for me erm

BakaXero
pay Raz bribe money then

Clovie
never purplequeen1

BakaXero
okie dokie...stick out tongue

Punk Tiger
Originally posted by dave123
cry How can you expect me to work with 150 height?

What I want to say! cry

BENITO
what abuse and why are you doing this

Cinemaddiction
unfair cry

Here we go again! stick out tongue

Clovie
Here we go again! stick out tongue but but but...it will only make mods able to be feeling BETTER
io think it is enough that they have power, no need to be showing off with extra options sad

Cinemaddiction
If I had my way, everyone could have the 200 length. It's just the height that I'm not fond of. People having sig pics the size of Hershey bars is just...*shudder*.

Size doesn't matter, length does. So I heard...yes

Clovie
200? even shorter? why that? you've made no sense blink

lil bitchiness
but but but...it will only make mods able to be feeling BETTER

....and?

Cinemaddiction
200? even shorter? why that? you've made no sense blink

300, typo.

Clovie
....and? they do already. ermOriginally posted by Cinemaddiction
300, typo. but it is 450 now

Jedi Priestess
....and?

Milla that was just plain ole mean...... messed

Korri
No, It wasnt.

Jedi Priestess
Pfffffffft she knows I'm playing with her Korri relax.

silver_tears
unfair cry

I agree thumb up
I'm sorry but it's not like sigs do anything anyways.

Btw why is font size restricted from sigs?
I hate the default, and only use 1 and now it won't let me disgust

lil bitchiness
Silva, the letters automatically go size one.

silver_tears
Do they eek right well then embarrasment thought it was just that horrible bulky size

Cinemaddiction
they do already. erm but it is 450 now

Waaaaait a minute. I was right to begin with. I said that I believe everyone should have the 200 pixel width. Ignore the 300, which never existed.

Clovie
Waaaaait a minute. I was right to begin with. I said that I believe everyone should have the 200 pixel width. Ignore the 300, which never existed. what do you mean by width, the horizontal or vertical size? coz i'm lost sad

dave123
width is horizontal

Clovie
so why doed he want to make them so narrow?

Raz
When will that take effect, because I just tried to upload an old sig, and no dice. My mistake. I meant exclusion from the lines and tags restriction.

I have, however, extended the width of the uploader to 500 for mods. Although in theory, you could just bypass the uploader anyway, but I would prefer it if you didn't.

dave123

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Raz
My mistake. I meant exclusion from the lines and tags restriction.

I have, however, extended the width of the uploader to 500 for mods. Although in theory, you could just bypass the uploader anyway, but I would prefer it if you didn't.

Sounds good to me thumb up

I just would like 500 option when im re-usng my saber - im fine with having 450 for all other sigs i change to.

Darth Surgent
My sig remains at 500 x 159. evil face

droolio

BakaXero
Originally posted by Darth Surgent
My sig remains at 500 x 159. evil face

droolio

until you decide to change it evil face

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>