A question that has been on my mind

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

master sifadius
In the first 3 films their is a darth sideous, but in the last 3 their is emperor palpatine. I have known that palpatine and sideous were two different people. but my question is what happened to sideous and how did palpatine take his place?confused

Boris
They are one and the same.....

TheForceSupreme
OMFG!!!!!

TheForceSupreme
This topic screams...N00B!!!!

DeVi| D0do
Originally posted by TheForceSupreme
OMFG!!!!!

LandoSpeeder2

Velcro_Boy
dude they are the same PERSON!!!

theshakl

GCG
they are the same person ; end of story.

future queries may be made at the StarWars databank ; all the shitz is there smile

master sifadius
If there one in the same, how come in the trailer, sideous, looks like this

lil bitchiness
Edited - master sifadius, do not host anything with a HS logo on our servers!

Theres a warning at the top of the page about it.

Arsenal
Different costume designers.

Sadako of Girth
Cause he was either pretending to look like a normal, older person as Chancellor Palpatine appeared to be OR he was maimed up by his own force lightning coutesy of reflection by Yoda.
Personally, I've always suspected the former.

theshakl
no i think Mace injures him... proved by the pictures...

when Yoda enters his office..his face is already messed up

Sadako of Girth
Thats also back-up on the "Sidious having kept his true appearance secret" theory... The Yoda thing was BS I guess...

Mist
F**KING NOOBS!!! STOP WASTING OUR TIME WITH THIS POINTLESS CRAP!!
ARE YOU STUPID?

PVS
Originally posted by master sifadius
In the first 3 films their is a darth sideous, but in the last 3 their is emperor palpatine. I have known that palpatine and sideous were two different people. but my question is what happened to sideous and how did palpatine take his place?confused

palpatine and sidious were gay lovers.
however, palps got jealous of sidious because he was putting the moves
on anakin. so he killed sidious in a jealous fit of rage, leaving just him and anakin to have their affair.

hope that cleared that up for you wink

thejeditraitor
THIS HAS TO BE A JOKE RIGHT?

master sifadius
Originally posted by PVS
on anakin. so he killed sidious in a jealous fit of rage, leaving just him and anakin to have their affair.

hope that cleared that up for you wink

Im not even going to dignify that with a response no expression

Mist
yet, you grace our boards with a pointless thread about something no one gives a sh*t about?

PVS
Im not even going to dignify that with a response no expression

umm......you just did eek! laughing out loud

Mist

How exactly did you know they were two different people?
What do think happened to sidious?

Ill bet your a stupid ass moocher from tfn whos only coming here for the damn trailer, coz tfn cant have it.

Darth Surgent
Originally posted by PVS

But that only raises more questions sad

stick out tongue

master sifadius
Originally posted by Mist
yet, you grace our boards with a pointless thread about something no one gives a sh*t about?

But I do, that is the reason why I started this topic.

What you people dont realize is that criticizing people, because you know something that they might not and you dont even take the time to consider other peoples knowledge of the subject.

Ex. I was only asking a simple question and you people had to start bitching about wasting your time, but remember this, you didnt even have to say anything to anyone.

Mist
are you retarded or something? have you not watched the movies?
if i was a noob, even i wouldnt ask such a idiotic question.
how do you come up with the idea that palpatine and sidious are different people?

Sadako of Girth
But I do, that is the reason why I started this topic.

What you people dont realize is that criticizing people, because you know something that they might not and you dont even take the time to consider other peoples knowledge of the subject.

Ex. I was only asking a simple question and you people had to start bitching about wasting your time, but remember this, you didnt even have to say anything to anyone.

.....And I answered it. Let it end at that....

Imaginary
Oh My Fecking God

Do you mean to tell me you don't know the answer to that? THINK ABOUT IT!!! SIDIOUS AND PALPATINE ARE THE SAME PERSON, THEY ARE PLAYED BY THE SAME ACTOR, THEY LOOK THE SAME ETC ETC. HOW COULD YOU NOT REALISE THAT?

Ok I'm done now.

SnakeEyes
This thread made me laugh

Darth Subjekt
But one looks normal and one looks all old and deformed.....so see they ARE two different people.

Ok im kidding.....Master sifadius......i understand your point about getting bitched at, and normally id be at the head of the pack ripping you a new one, but what you dont realize is that we have had this discussion MANY times before, months ago. Now im not trying to be mean, but sometimes yuo have to look at the obvious, they look the exact same and are played by the same actor. That and its meant to be common knowledge.

kegs202
MIST, you really need a personality check. What if everyone who came on here just raised topics that suited you, that would be damn boring. Now leave off the noobs and if this topic isn't worth replying to then don't f*ck!n reply tosser....

Imaginary
You're missing the point. What Mist is trying to say is that this was unnecessary, because it's practically a given. It has nothing to do with being a noob... if someone with your join date made this thread just as many people would go nuts.

Mist
Originally posted by kegs202
MIST, you really need a personality check. What if everyone who came on here just raised topics that suited you, that would be damn boring. Now leave off the noobs and if this topic isn't worth replying to then don't f*ck!n reply tosser....

*checking personality*
nope, still good.
If everyone posted threads that suited me, PERFECTO! Id move and live in kmc. then i wouldnt have to put up with morons such as the dumb a s s who started THIS thread.

and if I dont reply, people like you are outta work.

Imaginary
Date Registered: 07-27-2004
Total Posts: 27
Threads Started: 8

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Darth Plegueis
So when my kid eventually begins to understand SW and asks me questions like this, EVEN AFTER SEEING ALL SIX MOVIES, these are the responses he should expect from "Star Wars fans"..????? Really?

Imaginary
This guy is almost 15 erm

Mist
laughing i just checked that as well laughing

Imaginary
Great minds think alike stick out tongue

Darth Plegueis
If you (we, whatever) star running people off now (with the lsat movie coming out) how long can SW sustain......I WANT to explain what seems obvious, not berate someone for not getting it...

Mist
Originally posted by Darth Plegueis
So when my kid eventually begins to understand SW and asks me questions like this, EVEN AFTER SEEING ALL SIX MOVIES, these are the responses he should expect from "Star Wars fans"..????? Really?

dude, wtf would your kid be asking that they wouldnt already understand after watching all six movies? why would you not use logic and brains to answer, instead of coming to a forum filled with geeks?
im sure your kid would not be so stupid as to ask something ridiculous like 'where did sidious go?"

Darth Plegueis
What guy?

Mist
shes talking about kegs over there, not you.

Darth Plegueis
Originally posted by Mist
dude, wtf would your kid be asking that they wouldnt already understand after watching all six movies? why would you not use logic and brains to answer, instead of coming to a forum filled with geeks?
im sure your kid would not be so stupid as to ask something ridiculous like 'where did sidious go?"
Maybe not, but I have a ten year old who grew up with the original trilogy that really had a hard time equating an episode 1 (then he was 6) Anakin with Darth Vader...and my kid is not stupid...

Imaginary
Well, if you post on a Star Wars message board, chances are you're a pretty big fan. What big fan wouldn't know that?

Mist
Maybe not, but I have a ten year old who grew up with the original trilogy that really had a hard time equating an episode 1 (then he was 6) Anakin with Darth Vader...and my kid is not stupid...

im not saying your kid is stupid, think you misunderstood me. i can see how a 6yr old cant understand the difference, but its quite easy to explain. If this thread starter watched the end of ep1, theres a REALLY subtle hint as to who the sith master is (if you dont know, its the close up shot of palpatine at qui gons funeral)

Darth Plegueis
God, I am just saying that unless your a 30 year fan (Imaginary wasn't born when I saw Return in the theatre) and suddenly come to the franchise, and end up at this site looking for answers...

Darth Plegueis
Ya know what...I am wrong..

Mist
meh, dont be so hard, everyones wrong (except me).

Darth Plegueis
Of course I KNOW, my user name was taken from an ep3 script (Palpatine tells Anakin at the concert about a master Plegious, etc) but ...just but..

Mist
God, I am just saying that unless your a 30 year fan (Imaginary wasn't born when I saw Return in the theatre) and suddenly come to the franchise, and end up at this site looking for answers...

and what does being 30 have to do with it? i saw the OT when i was 6, and i had questions, but all i had to do was watch it again. sheesh, not that hard.

Mist
Of course I KNOW, my user name was taken from an ep3 script (Palpatine tells Anakin at the concert about a master Plegious, etc) but ...just but..

i have to generalise my comments, coz there are some noobs out there who have NO idea, like thread starter here.

and that info is SO old.

(and its not plegious, theres an A in there)

Darth Plegueis
I dont even know why I am so worked up....I have been a fan for SOOOO long, and today (ALL frikkin day) was my first time to a site like this, and I feel overwhelmed by the amount of negativity I have found..

Darth Plegueis
The 30 was rhetorical

Mist
*sigh*
that explains it then.
when you live here for ages, you get SO many noobs asking ridiculous questions you have to f**k them around.

Darth Plegueis
You say Plageuious I say Plegeuios, whatever....
Wow...those are both real bad....

Darth Plegueis
but you get me

Mist
i notice keg boy over there hasnt responded. must have found a REAL girl to hang out with. either that or hes disconnected from his 28.8kb dial up. probably still stuck loading the first page, poor guy.

Darth Plegueis
Look, I AM A NOOB, but I have asked no stupid questions, tried to post pics (Hey, they were new to me!) and don't intend to mooch and run. I taped the trailer, I have Hyperspace, I really was just feeling that old SW hype again and wanted to reach out to some people that felt the same...

Mist
alright alright, sheesh i havent said nothing to pay you out. why are you so worked up? im talking about keg boy, whoever that charming fellow was.

Darth Plegueis
This is not aimed at you mist.....whers Bailey...Bailey said he loves noobs stick out tongue

Imaginary
Hey, you, listen up. My age has nothing to do with is, and I'd appreciate it if you didn't judge me based on the fact that I'm 13.

Sadako of Girth
I dont even know why I am so worked up....I have been a fan for SOOOO long, and today (ALL frikkin day) was my first time to a site like this, and I feel overwhelmed by the amount of negativity I have found..

Hi Plageris... Its been strange lately, many, many redundant threads've come up and we've been trolled and flamed a lot round here of late..
This has left a lot of us a little on the negative/short tempered side lately. I can vouch for the majority of posters in so far as this all will calm down after the madness that seems to have been surrounding the release of the trailer has subsided, and less redundant topic posting / flaming/trolling occurrs... This can be a chilled place y'know so don't be put off too much....

Already the answer to Keg's question HAS been provided.
So hopefully we can all leave it at that...eh...?

Mist
*covers ears*
*waits for Imag's storm to end*

dude, id run if i were you.

Darth Plegueis
Originally posted by Imaginary
Hey, you, listen up. My age has nothing to do with is, and I'd appreciate it if you didn't judge me based on the fact that I'm 13. Pardons, but I didnt do any judging....I was just making a comment relative to noobs, in that if you refer to me as a noob to your SW message board, turnabout should be fair play in regards to an interest (relatively new to you) that I have had for many years. You should not take offense, as none was intended. Promise.

Imaginary
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Hi Plageris... Its been strange lately, many, many redundant threads've come up and we've been trolled and flamed a lot round here of late..
This has left a lot of us a little on the negative/short tempered side lately. I can vouch for the majority of posters in so far as this all will calm down after the madness that seems to have been surrounding the release of the trailer has subsided, and less redundant topic posting / flaming/trolling occurrs... This can be a chilled place y'know so don't be put off too much....

Already the answer to Keg's question HAS been provided.
So hopefully we can all leave it at that...eh...?

Hey Sadako, thanks happy

Darth Plegueis
I understand...given the nature of the site "events" like trailers and such no doubt bring thousands of leeches here....I guess, as a community, you have no way of discerning until the storm has passed, to see who actually sticks around.

Darth Plegueis
And I really did not intend to make Imag mad, if I did....

Mist
hopefully the storm blows the noobs, leechers and moochers away.

Imaginary
Nah I'm not really mad... you've shown you can defend yourself without being petty...

Sadako of Girth
I'm sure she'll be cool about it knowing that now... big grin
Glad to see you were as perceptive as I thought you were...
It'd be cool for all to stick around and see this place in its normal mode, they're a pretty cool bunch round here....! You'd be most welcome... smile

Darth Plegueis
Thanks Imag! But Mist, dont you want a few noobs to survive the storm? I DO NOT mean me, but some new blood occasionally has got to be refreshing.
How long do I have to post before I stop feeling defensive??

Darth Plegueis
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
I'm sure she'll be cool about it knowing that now... big grin
Glad to see you were as perceptive as I thought you were...
It'd be cool for all to stick around and see this place in its normal mode, they're a pretty cool bunch round here....! You'd be most welcome... smile Awesome. I have recognised you from throughout the day, and I genuinely appreciate the open mind!

Imaginary
Welcome to the club happy

Darth Plegueis
THX!

Mist
Thanks Imag! But Mist, dont you want a few noobs to survive the storm? I DO NOT mean me, but some new blood occasionally has got to be refreshing.
How long do I have to post before I stop feeling defensive??

I dont mind a few noobs, just as long as the storm blows away the stupid ones.

And yeah, Welcome to THE place to be for star wars crap.
*gives official handshake*

Darth Plegueis
Wait, this site is related to Lucasstuff, I meant Thanks!!

Darth Plegueis
Thats how I have saved it to favorites.."The place for Star Wars crap"

Imaginary
cry Mist I came up with the term "SW crap"

Sadako of Girth
laughing

Darth Plegueis
Niiiice.

Mist
Originally posted by Imaginary
cry Mist I came up with the term "SW crap"

meh, whos the one with more crap, me or you? so who would use it more often then?

*pulls up collar*
yes, yes, thank you, thank you

Darth Plegueis
Do most threads here ending up getting so far off course?? I came to this site because of a link my friend sent me to the Peru trailer thread....I spent all frikkin day reading that (often off course) thread and now I am hooked.

Darth Plegueis
come to think of it, as I recall, Imag seemed to take great pleasure in getting THAT thread off course......(realise that I read like a weeks worth of posts in one day)...

Mist
only if the thread is crap and pointless, kinda like this one,.

Darth Plegueis
Great, figures I would end up here

Darth Plegueis
The point of this thread was made moot so long ago.....I see why some people get upset about multiple, redundant threads.

Mist
basically we turn them into off topic, see how far we got with the peru one?

Darth Plegueis
Yeah, but see what it got you? Me.

Imaginary
come to think of it, as I recall, Imag seemed to take great pleasure in getting THAT thread off course......(realise that I read like a weeks worth of posts in one day)...

embarrasment I DID enjoy it....

Mist
i was gonna say something....now i forgot

Mist
oh wait, thats right. i was gonna say the storms taken most of the noobs away now. good forecast now.

Imaginary
Wow, I think Trailer Day passed relatively uneventfully...

Mist
you havent been in top thread i assume?

Imaginary
Nope... erm

Mist
wheelchair
shuriken
pokey

Imaginary
fish

kegs202
I,m not away for long mist. The point I was making is you cannot just go round blasting people for starting new threads. Thats what a forums all about.

DeVi| D0do
my god, this thread is STILL open!?!

Imaginary
Originally posted by kegs202
I,m not away for long mist. The point I was making is you cannot just go round blasting people for starting new threads. Thats what a forums all about.

If they're inane and pointless, then yes, you can.

Darth Bong
Ummmm....guys, back to the point of the thread

Where the hell did Sidious go???????? I dont get it!

LOL LOL

moonwalker741
what a hilarious thread...

Huzzah
Palps is a clone Sidious...there you go.

C'mon you all knew where this thread was heading stick out tongue

((The_Anomaly))
wow! i've been away from the fourms for almost a year now....and i see that n00bs are still kickin....lol

Mist
laughing you just cant kill them, they're like clones, the more you kill, the more that come back.

dont take me seriously, im joking.

Count Doodoo

Well, I first suspected that Sidious was Palpatine as soon as I heard that there was going to be a character named Darth Sidious and saw that the action figure looked just like the OT Palpatine (this was long before TPM came out). I felt that suspicion was confirmed when I saw TPM and the camera focused on Palpatine's face when the line was spoken: "But which one was destroyed, the master or the apprentice?"

Sorry "master sifadius", I don't have any sympathy for you.

Mist
Im bitching coz of the fact he says he KNOWS they are two different people. if hed have said i THINK or i BELIEVE they are different, this whole mss coulda gotten sorted pretty quickly.

Boris
pirate

Jedi Priestess
Thanks for the laugh peeps. laughing out loud good show

Imaginary
Did you read the entire thread, JP? laughing out loud

ArthasKnight
Hasn't this topic already been quite dead for some time? Who's the noob who decided to use his noob powers to resurrect it? *searches for power abuser* Ah, sifadius. I see you, like many noobs before you, have brought the wrath of KMC down upon yourself. Don't worry son, it'll all fade away soon enough. A painful memory it shall be yes, but it'll fade away just the same.

Unless you do it again in which case we'll totally bash you again. laughing out loud

EHmasterJedi

This thread had to be a joke?!?!?!

Chuanfashou
I think it is so funny how people like to brown beat 'nOObs' for starting new threads or posting stupid stuff but nobody wants to look at the fact that if every person who does such things are just as wrong as the 'nOOb' who started the new thread. In the time you can say something stupid, a person couldv'e looked for another thread rather then just bash a 'nOOb.'

ArthasKnight
But 'brown beating' a noob is so much more pleasing than looking for another thread, and is also much less time-consuming. You'll learn to like it eventually when noobs are breathing down your neck with repetitive threads, resurrection of dead topics, and foolish comments. I had the same attitude you did when I joined believe me, but you just learn to go with it.

Mist
????

some clarity in your sentence structure would be good.

ArthasKnight
A good start indeed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.