need a guide to saving the hyperspace trailer on my desktop

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Altar[1stONE]
hey i think force.net is down for me and i was reading some guide but it didnt work for me. basically ive tryed saving the source to my desktop but im getting this weird file called " otsedom_480_r_dl.mov. " that should be the trailer but when i open it quicktime, it cant read it or something. ive followed this saving method for all the webdocs and got them to save to my desktop. but for some reason this trailer doesnt save properlly. please help if you can. thanks

.:Space Opera:.
they did that on purpose prolly to prevent people from sharing it.

DarkYoda
Open the file with notepad and you will find the real link. And is this the actual Hyperspace version? Or the AOL Moviefone version. Are they the same. The link to the AOL Moviefone version is here:

http://pdl.stream.aol.com/aol/us/moviefone/movies/2004/lucasfilm/aol/auth031105/otsedom_480_dl.mov

they are the same indeed.

Altar[1stONE]
this is the hyperspace version, how can i open it with notepad.

DarkYoda
right click on the file and click open with and then find notepad or wordpad or any text editor

DarkYoda
Also, it probably does not compare to the quality of the high definition one. Go here:

http://www.filerush.com/download.php?target=that_video.avi

Altar[1stONE]
oooh baby your right forget this thread then.

DarkYoda
Agreed!!! But just for kicks, do you have the hyperspace version? Is it different from the AOL moviefone version? They both should have a wider aspect ratio than the high definition version.

AOL Moviefone and Hyperspace = 2.35:1

High Def Version = 1.7:1 (Almost 16:9)

Altar[1stONE]
yea the one on hyper space is pretty wide.

where did the one from MF.com originate from?

DarkYoda
I don't know. But I thank whoever it was that is responsible for this. This will make a good DVD version to show off!! big grin

I can't wait for the XL version from hyperspace though. smile

Altar[1stONE]
why is theforce.net down, i need their instructions to figure out how to save the hyperspace version on my desktop.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.