Did you expect Episode I and II to be great at this point?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Roald
I mean; after I saw the theatrical trailers of Episodes I and II I really thought those films would totally rock.

Instead; although I love both films, I also found the films when I saw them around May 1999 and May 2002 respectively to be somewhat dissapointing. They weren't as good as the trailers made them seem.

Will Episode III follow that pattern? I must admit that after reading and following the plot and seeing the trailers my expectations are sky-high. I cannot see this film fail at this point. But again; I had similar feelings about TPM and AOTC a few years back.

How do you see this?

Darth_Feros
with a pg 13 rating that stands for a kick a** movie my friend

BAILY
If ROTS sucks..... there will be hell to pay... there will be some who will be disappointed... but most will like it

Darth_Feros
this one is going to be full of action due to the death of basically everybody but a select few. how can this not be great?

Darth_Feros
plus we get to see the emperor kick some major jedi butt and its about time.

do u by chance have webdoc 14 or 15? I have seen everything star wars has to offer so far but those 2 docs. and i cant get them anywhere.

Darth_Feros
do u by chance have webdoc 14 or 15? I have seen everything star wars has to offer so far but those 2 docs. and i cant get them anywhere.

Darth_Feros

Roald
This is my point. Didn't we all react like this in March 2002 concerning Attack Of The Clones?

Don't get me wrong: I LOVE AOTC for what it is, but honeslty speaking - I was also dissapointed. My expectations were just too damn high.

I truly hope Episode III will deliver ALL the goods. But I am a little careful this time.

Darth_Feros
sorry about the triple post of the same message

Roald
Don't worry about it! I will see if I can find a nice link for those web docs. I just deleted web doc 15 from my harddrive!!

Darth_Feros
hey thanks man. someone else gave me crap for asking but im new at this posting and dont know the format everybody goes by

Cipher
Ep. 1 was exciting because it was a new SW film, so I didn't know what exactly to expect.
Ep. 2 looked cool when the action scenes were shown and they were cool, in the movie, so that wasn't misleading to me.

They were about as good as I thought they'd be.

This new trailer looks really promising though.

Darth_Feros
ep 1 was awesome to me cause of darth mauls appearance but its too bad that he had to go in the movie cause i would have liked to see him again kickin some jedi butt through the new trilogy

Echuu
i think it will definately be as good as it seems. there is so much action and plus this movie had the most lightsaber duels of all the movies- and they are all really fast paced; i think it will rock

OB1-adobe
Originally posted by Roald
This is my point. Didn't we all react like this in March 2002 concerning Attack Of The Clones?

Don't get me wrong: I LOVE AOTC for what it is, but honeslty speaking - I was also dissapointed. My expectations were just too damn high.

I truly hope Episode III will deliver ALL the goods. But I am a little careful this time.

Well the only thing you should expect is nothing.

I am still not quite sure why those 2 movies still get backlash that they do. My only theory is that people expect to already like a movie they have never seen.

My predictions: I know I am going to love this movie, either right away or eventually, just because it is the final peice of the puzzel and there is just too many intresting and important things that happen in it that you just can't bypass it and call it a waste.

Also I think finaly a movie from the prequel trilogy will only fall under scrutiny and critism by comparing it to its 2 previous movies, and finaly not so much off the orignal trilogy. Though I strongly believe this movie is sizing it self to be a major favorite of the saga, or at least the definite best out of the prequel trilogy.

Even though I am a superfanatic myself, in general I hate Star Wars fans. They are selfish, arrogant, concieted, know-it-alls. And I can't wait to hear the backlash of the movie for the most stupidest crap, read their comments on amazon.com saying that just because they think "Rots and Lucas sucks", that the rest of world should think that too. Mainly because it is happening already.

Thank you

Jedi Priestess
Yes I was, and I personally wasnt dissapointed. I liked TPM and ATOC, but I do think ROTS will be better.

lil bitchiness
Darth_Feros, NO Hyperspace pictures to be hosested on our servers!!

How many times have i said this so far?! Please read the note at the top of the page, I wont be handing out warnings anymore.

Malic Clanorian
Episode 1 introduced a new style of lightsaber duels that has yet to top my favorite..the speed and accuracy blew me away...then i was let down with the duel vs dooku in Episode 2 didnt like it much..then there was the introduction of computer animated lightsaber dueling...which i dont mind but am not a large fan of (basicly because its 1 animated character vs. a human so maybe the yoda vs sidious will be different seeing as some parts are animated)...but i think ROTS will surpass any lightsaber duels we've seen thus far..not just the emotional side of the fighting but the moves and finesse will see also...

OB1-adobe
People analyzed the last 2 too much. The majority of people went in and expected 2 things:

1) waiting to see how something happened that relates to the OT

2) Hope they would get that "old feeling"

One of which came in miniscule amounts, and the other was impossible.

When I was waiting in Line to see AOTC, this guys comes up to me and was like "I hope this is the one where he gets turned", and I was like "Uh no, sorry dude, 3 more years for that one". That guy was pissed.

Talk to anybody, and most will say their favorite moments in AOTC was:
1) Tusken slaughter, and confession in the garage to Padme
2) Clone war
3) Hologram of the deathstar(which I will admittley say I did poop my pants on that one. I didn't see that coming)

Darth_Vader05
I have a good feeling that Star Wars Episode III Revenge Of The Sith will be the best Star Wars movies of all look at the name Revenge Of The Sith and already we have seen to awesome trailers.

Bardock42
Dude what aboot Fight with Jango.....The Jedi in the Arena....Yoda......The Imperial March?

Cascador
Fight with Jango will be improved with the fight with Grievous...the Jedi in the arena will be improved by the Jedi in the temple fighting the clones and Anakin...Yoda's fight with Dooku will be improved by his fight with Sidious...and the imperial march will be heard in thriumph in ep III!

Darth Plegueis
I think the problem with 1 & (and moreso)2, and I love them both, was scripting. The plots and action were well done, but the script and dialogue were dry and wooden, without a lot of the personality of the original trilogy. That said, my hope is that ROTS will be so good that it will "validate" 1&2 in the sense that when you go back and watch them, there will be an element of "ah, I know where this is going"...

Sadako of Girth
EpI trailer I thought looked cool and after the exceptionally long wait,
I didn't want to imagine the let down... Oooooops.
EpII trailer looked way better on its own merits.... And the movie was.
EpIII trailer more so and the saga conclusion prospect makes it the best
of the three for me at this point....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.