Will you be taking your younglings?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DARTH DADDY
My kids love to watch SW. They call it Daddy's movie. But, this one is going to be on the edge of too much for little ones. Mine are 5 and 6, and I think I will be watching it before I let them go and see it. Especially if they show Anakin killing the younglings.

any thoughts?

lil bitchiness
Are you sure you wanna take a 5 and a 6 year old to watch Revenge of The Sith?

Ben-Kenobi
Do it, and as theywatch the younglings being stricked down they shall become more powerful than you can possible imagine.

Sadako of Girth
Does seem to be a bit disturbing looking with Sidious and his screaming evil... Judging by what we've seen on the trailer....

And that's WITHOUT the killing of the younglings issue....
Don't think in take my little cousins of my niece to see that....
Seeing the young killed from an adult point of view can be reconcilled as
"Hey it's SW and only a movie.." But imagining from a child's point of view the nightmare of a full grown man breaking into a home/sanctuary
in the middle of the night and effectively murdering people of your age in their beds would be pretty disturbing I could imagine.....

Obiwalker08
if they love it that much you shouldnt deprive them of it.....just tell them 2 close their eyes big grin

PVS
dont bring the kids.
they will be scared shitless and cry out loud,
and everyone in the theater will be pissed at you.
just wait till it comes out on dvd, this way if its too heavy for
them...just turn it off

Darth Plegueis
My 10 year old would never forgive me if I went without him.

Sadako of Girth
Wellllll I'd guess that 10 is getting nearer to being acceptable in my mind.... But 4-5-6-7.... Too risky IMHO....
Strong rumour has it that in the States, it'll be PG13 though...

Darth Plegueis
I also have a six year old, and I may pre-screen it for him, but he will be upset. A lot of this is going to depend on the kid, ya know?

Darth Plegueis
Exposing them to Jar Jar was a far greater crime in my mind. Oh the scarring!!!!

Sadako of Girth
laughing laughing laughing

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by PVS
dont bring the kids.
they will be scared shitless and cry out loud,

....which will lead them to hate SW forever more...

Darth Subjekt
Shit, i took my 4 year old to see Passion and he actually understood it, so i think he'll do fine for ROTS. He says everyday he cant wait for Anakin to kill all the Jedi and turn into Vader.

Maybe im raising a little future mass murderer, lol. But i dont beleive in sheltering kids, they all have to learn about shtuff anyway, so why not be able to see it in a movie.

the ONLY reason im hesitant to take him, is because i dont want him to distract me from seeing it, lol.

Darth Plegueis
Thats what I mean, it depends on the kid. No doubt there are some out there who couldn't handle it, but a lot who can.

PVS
shelter your kids, dont shelter your kids...whatever

just dont take your kids to see ep3 unless you KNOW they are not going to throw a panicked fit and ruin the film for everyone else in the theater wink

Jedi Priestess
My daughter is 11, and Im screening it before she sees it. And I whole heartedly agree with PVS, the LAST thing I want is to sit near someones screaming, whining kid, or one that asks a thousand damn questions.

And Subjekt, I can NOT believe you let a child thats 4 see TPOTC. That's insane. That movie was almost too much for ME to handle let alone a child. messed

DARTH DADDY
Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to take them when I go the first time. I want to see if it is too much for them, which I think it will be, and I don't want to disturb the audiance with them there. I'm sure they would have a lot of questions. The movie may not show the actual killing of the kids anyway, but just give us the mental picture that it happened.
I just wanted to see what the opinions of the rest of you were. My wife thinks being the last movie we should allow them to go.
Maybe waiting for the DVD is the best answer.

Darth Plegueis
I don't want to take a really big defensive stand here, as it is really up to parents as individuals to decide whats right for their kids, but sci-fi violence (and SW in particular) is somewhat less violent that others.No blood & guts, no sadism, no cussing...there will be strong, but I doubt truly "horrific" scenes in ep3.

Sith Master X
I know this movie is going to be violent, but I don't think it'll be to the extreme where you can't take a 7 year old to see it.

Darth Plegueis
And I am totally against talking and distractions, but good parenting should prevent that in the first place..i.e. if your kid talks during movies, he probably ALWAYS talks during them, and should stick with Spongebob.

Jedi Priestess
I agree, but then Ive known adults who do that too.

maddani
my child is 3 years and has been going to the moves since he was 3 months his first movie was spider man and i could not think of anyone better to take well besides my wife she did let me name him Anakin!

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Sith Master X
I know this movie is going to be violent, but I don't think it'll be to the extreme where you can't take a 7 year old to see it. But wouldn't a 7 year old find it highly disturbing to see Palpatine as Darth Sidious. Hes freaking me out, let alone a 7 year old.

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by maddani
my child is 3 years and has been going to the moves since he was 3 months his first movie was spider man and i could not think of anyone better to take well besides my wife she did let me name him Anakin!

Good job too about the naming final decision....
It would be a little strange to name your child after a child-killer.... stick out tongue

Darth Plegueis
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
I agree, but then Ive known adults who do that too.
That, unfortunately, is SO true!

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
But wouldn't a 7 year old find it highly disturbing to see Palpatine as Darth Sidious. Hes freaking me out, let alone a 7 year old.

Indeed... It depends on the kid.... As a kid for example,
I could watch blood and guts all day, but supernatural/ghost stuff messed with me goooooood.
This maybe why gore doesn't affect me at all, yet 'The Grudge' messed me up...! stick out tongue

maddani
well when i was a boy i would tell my mom that i was going to name my son darth vader

Sith Master X
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
But wouldn't a 7 year old find it highly disturbing to see Palpatine as Darth Sidious. Hes freaking me out, let alone a 7 year old.

I don't know, but I have a good solution. A parent can show their 7 year old the movie "Poltergeist." If they can handle watching that, they'll probably be able to handle Sidious. stick out tongue

DARTH DADDY
TPOTC??? The Phantom- Of The Clones
Not sure what that is. But they have watched the other SW movies with me. They mostly comment on the green lady or some other alien. I think they just like to sit with Daddy and watch a movie. But I didn't see anything wrong with the other movies. Now this one I can already see possible problems for little ones. That's why I wanted to make a thread and see what everyone else was doing. Maybe shed a little light on the issue so some may not make that mistake and take their younger kids.

Sith Master X
TPOTC= The Passion of the Christ.

Sadako of Girth
TPOTC: The passion of the christ.
Gahhhh...! Pipped...! laughing

maddani
my mother inlaw is about as ugly as palps
and my sons love her big grin

DARTH DADDY
OH, thanks. And no JP, I didn't say that, someone else did. I would not have let them see that. We did watch it but they were in bed. Realizm is one thing, but just because a storyline is historic doesn't mean that I would let them watch it.

Sith Master X
laughing maddani

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by DARTH DADDY
OH, thanks. And no JP, I did say that, someone else did. I would not have let them see that. We did watch it but they were in bed. Realizm is one thing, but just because a storyline is historic doesn't mean that I would let them watch it.

Thats reasonable enough...
"Jack the Ripper" may have been historic, but if I had young kids, I wouldn't let em watch it....

Darth Plegueis
Originally posted by maddani
my mother inlaw is about as ugly as palps
and my sons love her big grin I hope he never gets the whole "strike your father down" speech!!

Jedi Priestess
I know DD I edited.

porkins
Come on! Most of us saw the originals around those ages..its something we will carry forever and be proud. Dont take that away from them. We survived Darth Vader, Vader slicing Obi, the jawas slaugther, burned up owen and beru, Cantina fight, etc...I am taking my 4 year old. Dont tell me you guys hoping for a ROTS:RECUT :-)

DARTH DADDY
Sorry JP, going back and forth from my work to the site...I miss stuff. OOPS here they come, back in a min.

mandalorian_war
i dont have kids im only 17

Darth Subjekt
well JP, usually we're on the same side of the fence, but i can not this time. Yes i let him see the Passion and heres why:

Gratuitous violence is one thing, and I'm sure everyone has an opinion about Passion, but when you explain something in advance and tell them "this is the result of ignorance", its looked upon differently. Even in kids. True that movie was graphic, and the coming up re-release will be more so, but it IS part of history. I know there's other tragic and graphic movies based on history, but none of the same magnitude.

I would NEVER compare the violence in all SW movies combined to Passion. One happened, and one is obviously fake. My son, even at the tender age of 4, knows SW isn't real.

and LIL B, what does it matter if you see Palps as Sidious? You've seen ROTJ, right? Same person, same makeup...just 20 lbs heavier. If someone can watch Palps electrocute the hell out of luke with is torture, i think they should be able to handle a physical change, IMO.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt

and LIL B, what does it matter if you see Palps as Sidious? You've seen ROTJ, right? Same person, same makeup...just 20 lbs heavier. If someone can watch Palps electrocute the hell out of luke with is torture, i think they should be able to handle a physical change, IMO.

Sidious just looks very creepy - and worse so in REvenge of the Sith than in Return of the Jedi, i would think.

I just cant see a 7 year old not getting freaked out by the face and the teeth...

Sadako of Girth
Ditto...

DARTH DADDY
Sorry DS, but I have to disagree. Even though this was based on a historical event, I think it is a bit much for a a child to see. Sorry I'm talking about Passion here. I think we can, and my wife and I do, explain what Jesus did and why he did it. But, I don't think at this age they don't need to know all of the blood and gore of what he went through. As they get older they can begin to understand more and more of the realality of this event in history. I would agree though that fiction and history should be looked at in different ways. I would not let them see Seven or a more graphic movie that shows blood and guts just for the sake of the kind of audiance that the movie maker wants to attract. But I also wouldn't take them to see something like We Were Soilders and say that it's ok just because it's based on an actually event.

Darth Subjekt
ok, you have your opinion, and i can respect that, but again, the people from We were Soldiers had nowhere near the impact of Jesus Christ. This is a little off topic here but, after i saw Passion, that helped re-new some faith that i lost at the hands of going to Afghanistan and see my boys die, and seeing what those people do to each other. My faith was slipping and after seeing that, it basically slapped me in the face and said get your ass off your shoulders and do what ya need to do. I was more or less trying to share that with my son. I agree that it is more graphic than what a child should normally see, but as the parent of MY CHILD, no one else's, i decided to let him see. My wife and I gave him fair warning and explained what he was going to see, and he wanted to go.....and yes he understood. I would NEVER force him to watch anything like that. I just dont think that SW is the type of movie that would mentally scar a kid. Thats just my opinion, and im not trying to force it opn anyone, or make you take your little ones, im just explaining why he'll go. Now if i think he'll bother me or other movie goers, then no he wont go see it until it clams down and less people go, but he is usually good in movies, as he's been going since a few months old.

And lil b, i see what youre saying, but to me he looks the same as ROTJ.

Creechuur
I'll be taking my boy to see RotS with me. He'll be 6 a month after the movie comes out, but he's got a green mohawk, listens to punk music, and swings his purple lightsaber around taking out Sith all the time.

My kids an action hero, he aint afraid of no Sith. We watched the trailer togethr 3 times in a row.

Tombonator3000
the way this SUBJECT isheading is more scary than the movie...
some of you people realy frighten me!!

Darth Subjekt
is that a stab at me, tombanator?

BlackC@t
I might take my nephew. He's got one of those really cool toy lightsabres, I want it! mad

He called 'Spidey-Man' (as he says) 'Aunties movie' eyes

Tombonator3000
yes!
But..its your son! Do what you feel is right!

darthmonkey9206
I dont have any kids i'm only 15

Sith Master X
There was a little special something on Showbiz tonight. GL will be on 60 minutes this Sunday (as most already knew) but he's going to reveal how this ROTS is different from all the others.

He specifically said in this short clip that the small kids should be left at home, and that ROTS will more than likely be the first SW movie rated PG-13! I know most of us expected that anyway, but to actually here GL say it is pretty cool.

PVS
see, this is why...as much as i love the fat bearded one, i think he is a f**king moron.

ep1- he claims jarjar was necessary because starwars is geared toward little kids.

ep3-leave the little kids at home because its not meant for them

WTF!>!!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?

Sadako of Girth
Man....!!! There y'go.... This should be mentioned here....
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f38/t329671.html

They'll be wanting to hear this...!!

xeous
His kids/grandkids/other spawn must be old enough to see PG-13 movies now.

All that this series has become is a little fest for his family.

I hate him and hope he chokes on a chicken leg bone for ruining this glorious saga.

Sadako of Girth
Check this out....
Courtesy of SMX...
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f38/t329729.html

JKozzy
Uh. What? Because it's PG-13? The last Indiana Jones was rated PG-13, whoop de freakin do. The parents will take their kids to see the movie if they want to, anyway. This episode couldn't be done well without the higher rating.

Sadako of Girth
Xeous yes ....With Binks and the other childish shinanigans....
'Bout time we adult OT fans had something to love in the PT.....!!

Alkaselzer
Too negative about it, you lot. stick out tongue

Mist
who gives? it means he can do much better things now

Sith Master X
Well again, GL said this Sunday on 60 minutes, he will reveal how this SW movie differs from all the others. Looks like this one is going to be more violent than any of us expected, especially when GL himself says to keep the young ones home, and that it can be expected to get a PG-13 rating.

PVS
im just very bitter about jarjar
this news just solidifies my view that he only created that f**king
jerry lewis fish rabbit thing to piss us off.

Sadako of Girth
"Well again, GL said this Sunday on 60 minutes, he will reveal how this SW movie differs from all the others. Looks like this one is going to be more violent than any of us expected, especially when GL himself says to keep the young ones home, and that it can be expected to get a PG-13 rating."

Whey-haaaaayyyyy.....! big grin

Mist
what rating is the other movies rated in US? coz here, theyre all rated PG.

astrofan428
If you think about the fact that the kids who went and saw TPM have aged 6 years it isnt as bad.

JKozzy
Originally posted by Mist
what rating is the other movies rated in US? coz here, theyre all rated PG. Yep, all PG as well. But Ep2 almost made the PG-13 for Jango's decapitation.

Sadako of Girth
Exactly.... Take it on the chin, they can..........
Newer DVD young fans though I feel slightly more sorry for though.... But Damnit...!!
On with the integrity-restoring-episode..........!!!!

Stunrun
Originally posted by xeous
His kids/grandkids/other spawn must be old enough to see PG-13 movies now.

All that this series has become is a little fest for his family.

I hate him and hope he chokes on a chicken leg bone for ruining this glorious saga.

thats because that lil matrix dude in your av stole like 2 academy awards from TPM!! stick out tongue

and at what point was it ruined?? screw your opinion!

Sith Master X
Originally posted by JKozzy
Yep, all PG as well. But Ep2 almost made the PG-13 for Jango's decapitation.

lol, you know how many decapitation's they'll be in Episode III? big grin

JKozzy
lol, you know how many decapitation's they'll be in Episode III? big grin Many.. big grin

"All too easy" <- droolio Hopin that line is uttered wink

Sith Master X
Guys, put on Showbiz right now. They just said more stuff on SW coming up.

Mist
mm...violence.....mmm...star wars violence...

seems stupid that a decap. without actually showing any body parts would get pg13. the scenes in anh cantina are more bloody.

JKozzy
Guys, put on Showbiz right now. They just said more stuff on SW coming up. Is that a channel? Or a show? confused

Sadako of Girth
Yep... The cantina: Loads of claret there.....!!!
And lets not forget the burned skeletons of Owen and Beru....

Sith Master X
It's a show.

xeous
Originally posted by Stunrun
thats because that lil matrix dude in your av stole like 2 academy awards from TPM!! stick out tongue

and at what point was it ruined?? screw your opinion!

No. Screw your opinion.

What did Episode I add to the Star Wars Saga? Podracing? Showing that Anakin was quick with the reflexes?

I fail to see why Episode I could not have been omitted.

Episode II could have been done differently to lead into III.

The best movie of the entire Saga thus far is ESB and if you don't agree, you're wrong.

Guess what, GL didn't direct ESB.

If you really want to keep EI and EII, it should have been done with a diffferent director. Lucas is a genious but he can't direct worth a shit.

astrofan428
Oh shit here we go.

JKozzy
It's a show. On what channel?

PVS
Originally posted by xeous
The best movie of the entire Saga thus far is ESB and if you don't agree, you're wrong.

true fanboy if i ever saw one roll eyes (sarcastic)

Sith Master X
Episode 1 had to set the story. It's more than likely that would have the be the worse of the 3.

Mist
meh. who cares. i like em all.
'specially Maul.

Lord Tyrant
PG-13, Is what its going to be, I don't know whats up with MPAA, but if you look at the new trailer....I mean come on.

Sith Master X
I'll be back in a few to report what they say about SW on Showbiz. There's more info coming up.

Sadako of Girth
Cool.....!

xeous
First of all, he had no business saying "screw your opinion". He can slice his wrists if he hates my opinion so much, it's not going to change.

Remember, down the highway not across the street.

Second of all, I honestly don't think that Episode I had to be the worst...It had to be so tough on young Jake Lloyd to act almost completely infront of that blue screen, though. I feel bad for him because he's been ridiculed so much for "bad acting". Well, I hate to be the one that says it but like my other favorite multiple part movie, Star Wars never has had good acting.

Harrison Ford was the best actor of these movies so far.

It's not that the acting of the new trilogy is bad, faaaaaaaaaaaaar from it.

Ewen McGregor is one of my favorite actors and Hayden is another terrific young star. Natalie Portman might be one of the best(if not THE best) young female actresses in Hollywood.

It's the way that Lucas wants to send the message across. It just doesn't appeal to anyone other than the Star Wars fanatics(such as myself).

That takes me back to my first point:

If you set it later, you can use older actors with more experience.

Take a look at who the best actors have been in the new trilogy...They're all older. Hayden had a rough time(as an experienced actor) in some parts of AoTC, now it's not so far fetched to understand why it was rough on Jake.

I just think the first movie could have been done better. You HAVE to show at one point or another where the love begins and such but, it felt rushed and pushed on us in EII.

Sith Master X
O.k, it was a joke. The host of the show just talked about a possible PG-13 rating. Some idiot fat guy in pink said he didn't know what the hell he was looking at in the trailer (obviously doesn't know squat about SW) and he also said that Tarantino should have directed Episode 3 (once again, obviously doesn't know squat about SW.)

Sadako of Girth
Fair enough.... But Jar-Jar.....????

SMX: Awwwww. OK cheers for checking that out though mate....! yes

Sith Master X
No probs. I've got a feeling this Sunday on 60 minutes, GL will reveal a PG-13 rating. He kept saying how he will announce that this movie is different from all the others.

JKozzy
O.k, it was a joke. The host of the show just talked about a possible PG-13 rating. Some idiot fat guy in pink said he didn't know what the hell he was looking at in the trailer (obviously doesn't know squat about SW) and he also said that Tarantino should have directed Episode 3 (once again, obviously doesn't know squat about SW.) sick

xeous
Are you asking me about Jar-Jar?

If so, I don't think he belongs in Star Wars. He belongs on Barney with that other dinosaur.

Palpatine is such a great manipulator and such but he needs to get a total moron to become a represenative to senate before his brilliant plan that will put the Galactic Republic in his control goes into effect? Nah, I don't like it.

If you weren't talking to me, sorry.

Sadako of Girth
Oh no... I was... And yeah.... Despite the pain that his inclusion causes me, I at least see things in regard to the actual role he played the same as you.....

........But Jar Jar.....?!???!!?? laughing

He could've been a moron I guess with out that bloody voice and the slapstick antics....

A director/writer could have done "Moronic" better without the condescention...

Mist
O.k, it was a joke. The host of the show just talked about a possible PG-13 rating. Some idiot fat guy in pink said he didn't know what the hell he was looking at in the trailer (obviously doesn't know squat about SW) and he also said that Tarantino should have directed Episode 3 (once again, obviously doesn't know squat about SW.)

Tarantino? TARANTINO!!!!!
Get this guys number, i want a few words.
Tarantino...........

Sith Master X
I feel the same way Mist.

xeous
Tarantino is an amazing director but his style in NO way fits Star Wars.

Kill Bill was one of my favorite movies(it's one part so back the eff up!)

RD was amazing as well.

I can't imagine Obi slicing some seperatist and then blood GUSHING everywhere.

Also, the long-one camera shots don't fit great with the style either.

I'm afraid of what kind of music he'd use as well.

JKozzy
Let's leave it as it is for Episode III, everything looks to be turning out very well. I think, personally, that once the trilogy is complete, we may regard I and II with a bit more credit, as the whole big picture will be completely finished and out there.

Darth Subjekt
Originally posted by Tombonator3000
yes!
But..its your son! Do what you feel is right!

exactly, hes MY son, so dont concern yourself with what i do. And you dont want to try to go there with me.....it wont be pretty, trust.

xeous
So why is it that you don't want your son to go?

I just skimmed and saw that you said he knows that SW isn't real, he knows that The Passion was real and saw that...

Does he just not want to go to see ROTS?

forumcrew
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Wellllll I'd guess that 10 is getting nearer to being acceptable in my mind.... But 4-5-6-7.... Too risky IMHO....
Strong rumour has it that in the States, it'll be PG13 though...

by strong rumour do you mean george lucas said so?

Star Wars Goes to Hell
Source: CBS News
March 10, 2005

Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith director George Lucas was interviewed by CBS' 60 Minutes and says the third and final prequel will not likely receive the PG rating the previous five films have received.

"I don't think I would take a five- or a six-year-old to this," says Lucas, "It's way too strong."

Lucas is referring to violent scenes in the film and also to Anakin Skywalker's journey to the dark side in the climax of the 30-year-old
series. "We're going to watch him make a pact with the devil," Lucas tells the program.

He says Skywalker will be descending into Lucas' frightening vision of Hell, a mythical planet composed entirely of erupting volcanos. "Yes...the lava at the end...it ends in hell."

" is much more dark...more emotional. It's much more of a tragedy," adds Lucas. "My feeling is that it will probably be a PG-13, so it will be the first Star Wars that's a PG-13."

Darth Subjekt
No, I AM taking my son.....and he WANTS to see it. But people are in disbeleif that i took him to see passion and that ill take him to Ep3.....

forumcrew
No, I AM taking my son.....and he WANTS to see it. But people are in disbeleif that i took him to see passion and that ill take him to Ep3.....

i saw go for it! i think a lot of people shelter children way too much.. and the bottom line is its your child so only you know was acceptable for them

Darth Subjekt
ty, i wasnt trying to get into a debate, just throwing my 2 cents in, and ya know how it is here....shit gets escalated.

forumcrew
shit gets escalated.

all too true!

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by forumcrew
by strong rumour do you mean george lucas said so?

Star Wars Goes to Hell
Source: CBS News
March 10, 2005

Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith director George Lucas was interviewed by CBS' 60 Minutes and says the third and final prequel will not likely receive the PG rating the previous five films have received.

"I don't think I would take a five- or a six-year-old to this," says Lucas, "It's way too strong."

Lucas is referring to violent scenes in the film and also to Anakin Skywalker's journey to the dark side in the climax of the 30-year-old
series. "We're going to watch him make a pact with the devil," Lucas tells the program.

He says Skywalker will be descending into Lucas' frightening vision of Hell, a mythical planet composed entirely of erupting volcanos. "Yes...the lava at the end...it ends in hell."

" is much more dark...more emotional. It's much more of a tragedy," adds Lucas. "My feeling is that it will probably be a PG-13, so it will be the first Star Wars that's a PG-13."

Well.... I guess so now....
Before I was going off of the hinting of RMC, but this makes life pure gold.......!!!! Nice one FC......!!!

Imaginary
Don't have any younglings... I am a youngling myself stick out tongue

mechmoggy
Merged...

Darth Subjekt
meaning.....?

thats good youre a "youngling". you can report from your POV, and you get to enjoy it...i miss those days....

Tombonator3000
exactly, hes MY son, so dont concern yourself with what i do. And you dont want to try to go there with me.....it wont be pretty, trust.

Are you treathening me darth subject...?

Batman316
ok I will watch it first.....

but ot be honest my boys 8 and 10 have been looking forward to this since TPM was release and I got to relive the entire story with them.

I will not deprive them. It is my duty as a father to have them witness what 'bloody well better be' the greatest movie of the entire series.

Darth Subjekt
ok, obviously you cant read and spell well, but.......if i was?

and normally. a threat is a little more antagonistic and straight forward, and well......threatening.....im giving you fair warning......no more, no less.

Tombonator3000
1. yes, you are right...
I'm horrible at spelling in english (it's not my native tounge.. go figure..)

2. Threats are just not..nice

3. Can't we all just get along?

Malic Clanorian
the way things are in society today im guessing kids see way worse things on television then they'll see in ROTS but then again i dont have kids

cylob49
My nephews(8 an 12) are very intelligent kids who can handle AND have seen a LOT of horror movies and scary stuff which hasnt damaged them in any way-Freddy,Jason,Aliens,parts of LOTR, JP (no NOT THAT JP i meant Jurassic park)etc so they have seen a lot more scary stuff than Sideous.
Ill admit as an adult Sideous in the trailer is creepy as hell but they can handle it..............they love the darkness.

lil bitchiness
Again, just because that is your case, doesn't make it apply for everyone else.

I watched horror movies from a very early age, and I was never afraid of Darth Vader as a little girl (which had something to do with my uncle being a Vader fan) but that doesnt mean that all children my age then could handle the stuf i've been watching.

Same applies here - i just dont think its very suitable for young viewers, but thats just me.

Imaginary
As a "youngling," I'd be pretty damn pissed off if some random parent/guardian/uncle/older sibling/older cousin etc assumed that I wasn't old enough to handle it. I'll bet you your kids can handle more than you think.

Darth Plegueis
It's PG13.....you just make it!! big grin big grin

Imaginary
Actually, here PG 13 is equivalent to M 15 +... that means "Parental Guidance recommended to persons under 15 years of age." In other words, you can go see it at the cinema alone and no one will care. But it doesn't matter, since my older brother is taking me to the midnight show anyway.

Darth Plegueis
Thats cool, I was just playin anyway!

Imaginary
I know happy

Smodden
depends on the children's integrity, and maturity.

Sith Master X
^ Very true.

Darth Subjekt
To me, it star wars......i dont think anyone caould be scarred by it. I think what GL said was more for media hype to draw a new audience that may not normally go see it. Which is smart dont get me wrong, but i dont think its gonna be that bad.

Jedi Priestess
Subjekt go read the End of Anakin Skywalker thread and tell me that a little kid should be seeing that stuff. messed

((The_Anomaly))
i have no kids yet, thank god....

EHmasterJedi
Bottum line is that its a sci-fi fantasy movie if your kids have a decent head on there shoulder it wont matter, if they dont than chances are you shouldnt be taking them to the movies at all for anything.

Jedi Priestess
WHAT? How many kids do you have? Age plays a BIG part in a child's maturity when they are little.

Morning_Glory
is this seriuosly not a kids movie - I wanted to take my 3 neices ( who are 10 and 8)

lucasfilm
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
a full grown man breaking into a home/sanctuary
in the middle of the night and effectively murdering people of your age in their beds would be pretty disturbing I could imagine.....

OUCH! yeah.. ill take my kids!!

Morning_Glory
^ I like you sig

Jedi Priestess
Morn, I'd say preview it first. But hey that's just me. smile

lucasfilm
oh umm.. thanks yeah .. im 17 i have no kids lol.. but if i DID .... maybe... i might take them i mean, COME ON!! its STARWARS for god sakes!!

Morning_Glory
does anyone know the rating of Star Wars III I bet it is a strong PG 13

I doubt they will make it rated R

Jedi Priestess
It's not set in stone but the latest is PG-13

Morning_Glory
this last Star Wars better be better than the first 2 - i would hope it has some grit to it this time

Darth Subjekt
Subjekt go read the End of Anakin Skywalker thread and tell me that a little kid should be seeing that stuff. messed

Actually ive been warned not to read it, but i know what happens, about him getting diced up, and no its NO different from that ugly f*ck in the cantina or the wompa in ESB.....limbs get cut off....its fake and theres (usually) no blood. In that case kids shouldnt watch the news, or anything for that matter other that the Disney channel and Nickelodeon. If you dont want to take your kids, dont, but i will be......thats all there is to it. I just dont think its that big of a deal....

bilb
Well, to each his own but as for me, my kids will NOT be seeing this one anytime soon. Which kinda sucks in a way. I have loooooved SW all my life and was really excited about taking my kids to a theatre to see a new SW movie. But not now. Dont get me wrong, as a die hard SW fan I'm actually happy that this one isnt geared for kids ala Jar Jar & ewoks. But we went to see Robots yesterday and even tho they have watched it with me a hundred times here on the computer, seeing that trailer in the treatres scared the bejesus out of them. Especially Sidious, freaked em out big time. But mine are little, 4 & 5, and I just dont think that this film is appropriate for ANY child that age, just IMO. But I tell ya, when I go see this one if there are small kids in there and they freak out or have to have every small detailed explained DURING the flick, its not gonna be a pretty sight.....

Obiwalker08
i was listening to the radio and i guess they were talking about the 60 mins interview 2nite and they said that lucas said that ''he would NOT take a 5 or 6 year old to see this movie''

cylob49
To me, it star wars......i dont think anyone caould be scarred by it. I think what GL said was more for media hype to draw a new audience that may not normally go see it. Which is smart dont get me wrong, but i dont think its gonna be that bad.

I agree
I want this movie to be dark,evil and the thought of lil kids freaking out over Sideous is great but dont believe the hype over this "not for kids" stuff ..sure its going to be dark but how they gonna sell the merchandise ...wookie beanies etc... if its "not for kids"

Uber_God
To the older fans who buy the crape

cylob49
EDIT

darth_achilles
Yea, def for the older crowd, However, I can almost gurantee it will show no killing or injury to the younglins, that should pretty much be a given, to much of a risk for GL to take, theres too many people who would be extremely offended, ***** and moan, etc., etc., they may hint of it, but will show nothing.........just my .02 wink

Julie
I would take my kids....but since I don't have any kids I guess it's just me and my real and imaginary friends

Darth Feytal
i seriously recommend you leave them at home:

http://www.jpixel.com/warssig.jpg

Imaginary
Imaginary friends? eek!

Darth Plagueis
Oh stop!!

Jedi Priestess
Ok now that we've seen some of Anakins demise, is anyone changing their mind? I know judging by those pictures, there is no way Im taking my 11 year old daughter to this one.

Tha Schwartz
Guess this may be my last ever posting but if any of you think that kids aint going to buzz off the darkness in this movie you are off your heads.
I think your forgetting that SW movies are for kids of all ages and if your kids cant handle a crispy dude i guess you get the baby sitter round and make sure she brings a copy of THE SLEEPOVER CLUB on dvd and go to the cinema yourself where you will be greeted by a cinema full of kids who will be loving every minuite of it.
Jesus it aint the Texas Chainsaw Massacre its Star Wars.

Darth Plagueis
Ok now that we've seen some of Anakins demise, is anyone changing their mind? I know judging by those pictures, there is no way Im taking my 11 year old daughter to this one.
Hmmmm...I am still pretty sure my 10 year old can handle it, JP, but I am rethinking my 6 year old, at least until I have seen it. Its going to break his heart, though...

LandoSpeeder2
Originally posted by Tha Schwartz
Guess this may be my last ever posting but if any of you think that kids aint going to buzz off the darkness in this movie you are off your heads.
I think your forgetting that SW movies are for kids of all ages and if your kids cant handle a crispy dude i guess you get the baby sitter round and make sure she brings a copy of THE SLEEPOVER CLUB on dvd and go to the cinema yourself where you will be greeted by a cinema full of kids who will be loving every minuite of it.
Jesus it aint the Texas Chainsaw Massacre its Star Wars. What is your problem?

Darth Plagueis
That would take a whole other thread LS2!

LandoSpeeder2
lol

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>