Marvel/DC Martial Arts Tournament (Championship) - Shang Chi vs Karate Kid

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

azndrgn
Here we are fans...the Championship match! Out of 32 martial artists have risen 2 extraordinary fighters. In the semi-finals we saw Karate Kid simply overpower Cassandra Cain, while Shang Chi and Temugin were almost deadlocked until Chi finally turned the fight in his favor. Against all odds, Shang Chi and Karate Kid will now face each other in the final match, with the victor being crowned the Marvel/DC Martial Arts Champion!!! Only one will stand tall at the end...who will it be?

Please take time to read the tournament rules if you have not already done so or to reacquaint yourself with them:

Tournament Rules (***PLEASE READ CAREFULLY AND MAKE SURE YOU UNDERSTAND WHEN CONSIDERING THE WINNER OF EACH FIGHT):
1. Fighters will battle using hand-to-hand combat ONLY.
2. Fighters are NOT allowed to use ANY artificial means of improving his/her chances of winning a fight. This includes mutant powers (energy blasts, telepathy/telekinesis, intangibilty, healing, etc.), weapons and any items capable of augmenting strength, speed, fighting ability, etc.
3. Any fights that may call for an exception to Rule #2 will be decided by myself and fully explained in the post for that fight.
4. Fighters will battle in their default costumes, thus they will not have any more armor than they regularly do.
5. The fights will take place on a raised rectangular platform that is a little less than the size of a regulation basketball court, so the fighters will have more than enough room to fight.
6. A fighter can win in 1 of 2 ways: (1) Battle until the opponent says, "I give up" (2) Knock the opponent off the platform
7. Always keep Rules 1 and 2 in mind. The tournament's purpose is to determine the character who fights best when given nothing else.
8. VOTE in the polls! The only way your favorite fighter can advance is if you vote for him/her. If you only comment, but don't vote, the poll cannot tell the difference. The polls will allow MULTIPLE selections, so only vote for who you think is the winner of each PAIRED fight. The semi-final and final matches will only allow 1 selection. I will finalize the results for each round after about a day from the first posts for each round.

THANK YOU FOR PARTICIPATING AND I HOPE YOUR FIGHTER IS CROWNED THE CHAMPION!

Championship Match:

Shang Chi vs Karate Kid

azndrgn
Good lord this would be an amazing real life match...not sure how I'm gonna pick

demigawd
Karate Kid will wax on/wax off Shang Chi's ass with laughable ease...

azndrgn
Originally posted by demigawd
Karate Kid will wax on/wax off Shang Chi's ass with laughable ease...

You don't think Shang Chi would get even a few hits in? Just asking, I haven't voted yet. I'm trying not to let my Marvel bias make my decision for me

demigawd
Shang Chi has had some low showings. In fact, most of comic battles are similar to the battles on this board - close, tightly fought. He's good at winning, but he's never shown himself to be untouchable.

KK has beaten Daxamites (stronger than Kryptonians), has chopped through battleships (even more impressive than Wolverine's Judo Claw Chop), and fought PC Superboy to a standstill. If Shang Chi gets hit one time...that's the end of the fight.

azndrgn
Hmm...a surprsingly close match

srankmissingnin
KK also redirected a light speed attack

azndrgn
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
KK also redirected a light speed attack

Hehe, I really need to read a Karate Kid comic to fully grasp the awesomeness that he apparently is. But yeah I voted for him based on comparing the info I could find on Shang Chi and Karate Kid

spetznaz
Originally posted by azndrgn
Hmm...a surprsingly close match
My faith has been restored in the KMC.
Remember i told you when you started these matches that my fear was that people would vote based on mere popularity and not on what the characters are able to do?
I honestly thought the final would be between Captain America and DareDevil because I thought fanboys would vote for the more popular/common characters.
I never thought that i would actually see a final between the two people who deserved to be there (namely Karate Kid vs Shang Chi).

And thus i am amazingly surprised that the final is actually legit. That it is Karate Kid facing off against Shang Chi.

Wow, I honestly thought fanboys would have voted for Captain America or such lower-tier characters (in martial arts) because they were more well known than Karate Kid for example (who is ranked as a 15 in martial arts ability - on a scale of 10!!!!).

I am pleasantly surprised.

long pig
Hard to see KK fighting anyone under superman legit.
Shang Chi has NO chance....karate kid is on a totally other league.
but it makes sense...Kid is the best MA of DC and Shang is the best MA of marvel...even tho Kid is miles above Shang.
this isnt close whatsoever. poor shang poor poor shang.

azndrgn
Originally posted by long pig
Hard to see KK fighting anyone under superman legit.
Shang Chi has NO chance....karate kid is on a totally other league.
but it makes sense...Kid is the best MA of DC and Shang is the best MA of marvel...even tho Kid is miles above Shang.
this isnt close whatsoever. poor shang poor poor shang.

So true. I can't believe how skilled and powerful Karate Kid is and that it's all cuz of his training! No mutant powers whatsoever! That's insane

azndrgn
And Karate Kid has finally pulled ahead of Shang Chi

azndrgn
Hmm...this is going the way it should be I suppose

azndrgn
Good number of votes so far...

azndrgn
FINAL RESULT:

What an amazing championship match we had from Shang Chi and Karate Kid! The battle between these 2 incredible martial artists was simply historical. Karate Kid, the heavily favored fighter to win this tournament, opened the match with some key blows to Chi and knocked him down several times within the first few minutes! Then out of nowhere Chi managed to counter Karate Kid and continued to do so while catching Karate Kid off guard with some well-strung combos. As much as both of these talented martial artists deserved to win the match, only one could be the victor. And so I present to you the tournament winner and Marvel/DC Martial Arts Champion...KARATE KID!!! Thank you to all the martial artists who participated in this tournament and their fans who supported them through their votes.

I will post up the Marvel and DC tournament rankings in this thread.

azndrgn
Ok fans, here are the finalized tournament rankings from the 1st Marvel/DC Martial Arts Tournament. Fighters were ranked according to the number of points they earned by advancing to each round. For advancing one round a fighter earned one point. In the case that fighters tied in points, they were ranked according to the strength of the last opponent they lost to. Please keep in mind that these rankings apply only to this tournament and may possibly change with another tournament. The top 8 fighters from each division are guaranteed a spot in the next tournament. The bottom 8 fighters of each division will be evaluated as to who deserves to compete in the next tournament and who will be replaced with another qualified fighter. Thanks again to all of you who participated!

Marvel
1. Shang Chi (4)
2. Temugin (3)
3. Iron Fist (2)
4. Elektra (2)
5. Captain America (1)
6. Lady Deathstrike (1)
7. Daredevil (1)
8. Psylocke (1)
9. Black Panther (0)
10. Punisher (0)
11. Hawkeye (0)
12. Domino (0)
13. Night Thrasher (0)
14. Black Widow (0)
15. Moon Knight (0)
16. Black Cat (0)

DC
1. Karate Kid (5)
2. Cassandra Cain (3)
3. Lady Shiva (2)
4. Azrael (2)
5. Black Canary (1)
6. Master Kirigi (1)
7. Richard Dragon (1)
8. Connor Hawke (1)
9. Batman (0)
10. Catwoman (0)
11. Huntress (0)
12. Drakon (0)
13. Talia (0)
14. Robin (0)
15. Bronze Tiger (0)
16. Nightwing (0)

azndrgn
Can anyone tell me if Bane is a good martial artist when not injected w/ venom?

jinzin
i don't think he has martial arts training but he is a superb fighter, in batman's league at the very least.

azndrgn
Originally posted by jinzin
i don't think he has martial arts training but he is a superb fighter, in batman's league at the very least.

Hmm...so would you say he could compete in a martial arts oturnament?

The Flash
I would say no.

jinzin
well he "could" compete in a martial arts tournament, lol, but he won't be using any martial arts,,,,more like street figting techniques coupled with wrestling or grappling,,,,,but I'm not expecting to see and double spinning flying roundhouse kicks to the face anytime soon.

eleveninches
Does Karate Kid get Mr Miaggi in his corner.

Wax On, Wax off, Daniel-san

azndrgn
Originally posted by eleveninches
Does Karate Kid get Mr Miaggi in his corner.

Wax On, Wax off, Daniel-san

I'm going to assume that you know this is the KK from DC...

demigawd
Gamora, Moondragon, Mr X and Gorgon should be in Marvel's next tournament.

azndrgn
Yeah, I'm not sure when the next tournament will be. Classes are gettin' crazy for me

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.