Honestly, why should it take this long?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cornponious
Ok, ok, we all know Lucas is shooting this installment totally digitally. And despite arguments to the contrary by some members, everything I have read thus far state that EIII will ONLY be shown digitally, meaning that if you own a theater and want to show EIII, you're going to have to cough up a couple of hundred G's and install an industrial grade DLP projector. Personally, I don't have a problem with that. It's the natural evolution of the medium.

What I DO have a problem with is the amount of time we are going to have to wait now to see the finished product. Principal photography has been finished for quite some time now. I really don't believe it will take over a year to put in the digital effects.

What I'm saying is I don't think we should have to wait until May 2005 to see this flick. I really don't. I don't care about this "3 year" thing.

Opinions?

Corncob

yerssot
easy: you have no idea how much work the FX are! they finished AOTC two weeks before the premiere

AND there are pickup shots later this year so they have to film them and edit them in too

Cyclops
The best moments of your life are the moments of anticipation

Ushgarak
Yes, the answer, very simply, is that it takes them that long- and they nearly failed to be finished on time for AOTC (some would say the film was indeed unfinished...)

darth rep
Lucas plays with the film until the last second. If you gave him an extra year he would continue to change it around until the last minute.

VengeanceGOD
My star wars fanfilm was around 6 minutes. It took me around three solid months of work to put in all the effects.

bigsef3
Why rush it? I would honestly rather wait 5 YEARS and have a great movie than wait 3 years and get another movie on par with TPM or AOTC. I am hoping EPIII will be much better than the past two.

JKozzy
Which fanfilm is yours? eek!

Lyn
I can understand that it takes them this long to make it but I do get tired of waiting. May 2005 just seems far too long away...

VengeanceGOD
You've never seen it. And if you're very very lucky, you never will. wink

I'm remaking it this summer, only much better.

Rebel Racer
Whats the title of your Fan Film.... whats it about (roughly)?

VengeanceGOD
It's called The Power of the Dark Side. It's the first part of a trilogy, the remaining parts will be The Power of the Jedi and The Power of the Force. Basically it's a coming of age story of a young jedi, Cara, and of the threats to the newfound Galatic Alliance (this takes place post-NJO).

MasterMaceCordu
personally. i think that it SHOULD take a long time becasue the more time they work on it, the better the story line, fx, and everything else will be, so you guys need to just sit down and wait like good boys.....lol

yerssot
the better the story line??? erm... no
they already shot the scenes, the only thing they'll do is get pick up shots here and there and perhaps at most make one new scene and that's it
it won't change the storyline much

Odde Raciir
well... If they shot many times some scenes, with diffrent dialogues...well, just think:

"Luke, i'm your Father"
"Luke, Obi wan was your father"
"Luke, Obi wan was my boyfriend"
"Luke, The emperor was your uncle"
"Luke, your performance stinks..."

Well, then pick the wanted line, and re-edit a brand new storyline big grin

yerssot
they can always dub it over ;-)

Julie
but why?????

yerssot
cause it's fun to dub? :s

VengeanceGOD
"And then Anakin was attacked by Godzilla!"

Lyn
Sounds pretty good. thumb up happy

Sith Master X
I can't stand the wait for Episode 3, but I know it'll be here before I know it. I mean, next month will make 2 years since the release of AOTC, and it seemed like just yesterday that I got up too early in the morning and waited all day in line for a 7:30 p.m ticket.

Lyn
Actually yeah...I didn't notice it had been almost 2 years since Clones.

Mr.Deflok
Crazy, I watched Clones everyday at least once for two weeks after it came out (oddly timed lectures gave me too much free time in between).

cornponious
Ha, that's nothing. I camped out at the local theater for 3 days to get my tickets for TPM.

Sad, isn't it?

Of course, what's even sadder is that I was #43 in line when I got there.

corn

yerssot
well, I do feel it as two years messed

The Ones
i feel it as 5 years

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.