Metroid Prime II: Echos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tex
I just read that a full level demo of MP2 will be available for play at this years E3.

"On top of that, the game's graphics have been dramatically improved, a surprising feat given that the original looked spectacular." eek!

I cant wait! sad

http://cube.ign.com/articles/500/500892p1.html

JKozzy
W-w-want.. cry

VilleValo462
s sa sam same h he her herrrreee...

Tex
thumb up

It's going to be so kewl you guys! yes

JKozzy
It is... I want E3 to get here faster and faster.. for Prime II and the PSP yes And many other things.. KH2, FFXII... drool

Xed
You do realise there are screenshots and a movie (a being the most important there) on Gamespot.

It's going to be great the graphics, the enemies and all our favourate bounty hunter samus aran!

BackFire
It was just announced that it will feature multiplayer mode

Tex
Get with the times girlfriend!

That newz is elderly! stick out tongue

JKozzy
yes It may have just been officially announced, but we've known it to be multiplayer for quite a time now wink

Tex
BF stick out tongue

Tex
Check out this new screenshot!
http://cubemedia.ign.com/cube/image/mp2echoes_042304_002.jpg

Looking good! raver

((The_Anomaly))
Man i cant wait for this game, the first Prime was right up there with Zelda: wind waker for the best games........i cant wait........what about u guys???

mah
I agree. Metroid Prime is..wow.

shadow225588
Man i hate this, when summer finnally comes and they show all the new games coming out i want summer to fly by, so we can get to the holidays.

I am a Sock
This should be a good game. The graphics look amazing. I wonder if it'll have anything to do with that freaky hand at the end of MP

"The Tex"
I doubt it.

I have real high expectations for this game, hopefully not too high.

JKozzy
I don't doubt it; I'm pretty sure that'll be Samus's 'stalker'... smart

"The Tex"
She'll finally know how I feel! diva

I hope that the dark world isn't too dark.
I remember that I really did not enjoy the parts of MP where I had to use my infared visor.

((The_Anomaly))
Well, since the release of Prime 2: Echos is gonna end up being the best game this year is only about a month away, i figured that a thread would be good. On November 15 boys and girls, Samus Aran will make her GC return, and its gonna blow the socks off the gaming world, just like Prime 1 did, I cant wait, its gonna be insane...

so start with anything, the single player game, the dark and light worlds, the multiplayer, the new upgrades, anything...lets get this ball rollin...

smile

JKozzy
Heh... yeah. But it's almost here.. one month droolio

JKozzy
Already a thread wink

((The_Anomaly))
lol, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh............want game!!!

((The_Anomaly))
haha! oops...umm close this one then, ill post my comment in the other one...lol

((The_Anomaly))
Well, since the release of Prime 2: Echos is gonna end up being the best game this year is only about a month away, i figured we should really start talking about it. On November 15 boys and girls, Samus Aran will make her GC return, and its gonna blow the socks off the gaming world, just like Prime 1 did, I cant wait, its gonna be insane...

so start with anything, the single player game, the dark and light worlds, the multiplayer, the new upgrades, anything...lets get this ball rollin...

Ward.exe
Out mid November in US and Europe. Anyone getting it. I most certainley am. Gonna be way better than Halo 2.

Morridini
Of course it's gonna be way better then Halo 2.
We are talking anout Metroid.

So, yup. I am gonna buy it.

UTB_Amon
wouldn't miss it for the world
only thing I'm looking more forward to is the new Zelda on GC

JToTheP
11/16 I can't wait, it'll be the ultimate in amazing! droolio

dark1365
Screw the new Zelda, bring on Echoes.

JToTheP
No because, with Viewtiful Joe 2, Resident Evil 4, and the new Zelda, 2005 belongs to Nintendo, even though Sony will have Devil May Cry 3big grinante's Awakening, Nintendo will own 2005! eek!

UTB_Amon
oh, but you are soooo wrong dark1365, true Prime 2 is going to be a bomb, and I'm gonna play it constantly myself when I get it, but the new Zelda is going to be at least as great as Prime 2, we just have to wait a bit longer for Zelda

SaTsuJiN
they're going to base the entire thing on Light and Dark energy though? thats whats I got from the demo anyway... I really like that theres ammo now.. it makes you conserve ammo (plus the it isnt hard to get at all when you run out)

Morridini
What do u mean by ammo? It was ammo in MP, for the missiles.
Or do u mean that the ordinary blaster shots need to be refilled?

JToTheP
Morridini, have you not been looking at the previews? The Light and Dark beams use ammunition, which you get back from killing enemies, it's in the demo, and in all 3 previews on the internet. Of course Metroid always had ammunition, but only for the missiles and bombs, it's new because you don't have unlimited quanities, which makes it even more interesting and new.

Morridini
Huh, I haven't noticed this. On teh other hand I've only seen one preview.

SaTsuJiN
Yeah you gotta be careful about running out now hehe. but ammo is easily attainable

JToTheP
Anybody find Prime 2 out yet, gamestop.com says it's in, but you can't search by area code, best buy doesn't have it yet, and I doubt target does.

Linkalicious
i'm not too sure, but i think it comes out on Tuesday.

Most games, movies, and cd's come out on Tuesdays. So I would check your local store on that day.

I know it wasn't out by last Tuesday, and that Half-Life 2 comes out this Tuesday, but i'm not too sure about Metroid Prime 2.

Morridini
Hmm, it probably is Tuesday for u. Games are allways late here in Norway, and I was in the local video game shop some hours ago and teh woman working there said that it comes next Friday. So y probably comes some days earlier to u.

General Kaliero
MP2 Echoes will be out Wednsday in the States, and a few days later in Europe.

Tex
Finally got my MP II last night! (Had to drive around to a couple of places before I could find a copy in stock)

I must say that the general mood and feel are exactly as MP I. Not a bad thing. But the orignal MP was so fresh and revolutionary which added so much to it's appeal. You dont get that same feeling with II.

Still, the game is great, a little more difficult than the first. I've just entered the dark world and the whole interdemnsional aspect should prove intersting. The graphics are the same with a much improved scanning system and I have surround sound so everything sound super cool.

I just wonder what that health warning that keeps on popping up before you load the game is all about?

Morridini
I finally got this game for Christmas yesterday. And it is truly great. I have just paid a visit to Dark Aegon and gotten the first temple key. But i was a little surprised that we started out with the Charge Beam and the morph ball, and that we got the morph ball bomb and the Space Jump Boots this early in the game. I wonder if this game is shorter then Prime.

JKozzy
The health warning is standard to all new Nintendo games, basically to cover their asses if anything happens, really. On my Nintendo DS, you have that screen pop up every time you turn the consule on, and you have to touch the screen or hit A, otherwise it won't go away. Well, maybe after ten minutes, but still.

BackFire
Wow, Tex you had trouble finding places that had it in stock? It's everywhere around here.

Anyways, just got the game for Xmas, will play it later. Very excited about it, seeing as MP was the last console game I really got into.

Tex
Its everywhere around here too.
A different story than last month (when it was first released!) stick out tongue

I'm currently finding the last 3 sky temple keys, the keys needed to fight the final boss! raver

BackFire
Well even last month it was pretty much everywhere. My friend who works at Gamestop said they've barely sold any.

JKozzy
I work at Target, we anticipated quite a few people to buy them, and we did sell quite a few within the first week, but other than that, not too many sold. Target did have a sale when it was $37.88, and I got my copy then. Combined with my employee discount (10%, but it's still money off) the total was about fifteen dollars less than the normal price of $49.99. Just gotta wait for the sales, they'll come. Well, not for Halo 2. But for everything else.

I've just completed the Dark Agon Desert Temple; and restored the light power to the first... beam, or whathaveyou. I'm going to the second area, (bog?) and I'm finding it rather difficult. From where I've last saved, I have to talk to the head honcho alien (forget his name) and go into the new world, solve a bunch of puzzles, and kill a mini-boss of two electrocuting animals that can only be hurt from the rear, and after working that much, and just dying without a save point, I ask you: is there any easier way to do all that?

Morridini
Can't answer your question JKozzy, I have just found all three Dark Agon keys and am about to enter the first dark temple.

Morridini
Sometimes I hate these games where u are allowed to do multiple things. I have just finished the first temple, should I now go and examine all the parts of Agon (the places which remain blue on my map) or perhaps proceed to Taros (or whatever the second place is called)? Do u have any suggestion, doesn't it matter or is the one option better the the other?

JKozzy
Usually, you can't examine all the unexplored places yet without more powerups. And even if you find items, you'll need an ability to get to it; or there's even more places to go that are uncharted.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.