Sneak Preview this Sunday on 60 Minutes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Discomurf
For those who don't already know, there will be a 60 Minutes behind the scenes with George Lucas this Sunday at 7 pm EST on CBS

I just saw a commercial with some never before seen footage.

smile

Malic Clanorian
good stuff

lucasfilm
http://starwars.com/episode-iii/release/publicity/img/20050310_1_bg.jpg

LandoSpeeder2

LandoSpeeder2
thanks for the heads up.

Darth Nikana
seen it on CSI just now for the commercial this weekend. unbelievable!! i seen a brief glimpse of the duel between Anakin and Obi-Wan. and also a sec or two of JW scoring the movie. Anakin and Obi-wan was twirling their lightsabers so fast its unlike anything ive ever seen ... like windmills.

Sadako of Girth
Mate...! That's so gotta get posted....!!

Discomurf
yes... someone post smile

Darth Subjekt
uh....what time and station does 60 minutes come on?

DarkYoda
I think I should be able to do this on Sunday. I've gained some experience with the SW Trailer. I'll see how things go.

forumcrew
Originally posted by Discomurf
For those who don't already know, there will be a 60 Minutes behind the scenes with George Lucas this Sunday at 7 pm EST on CBS

I just saw a commercial with some never before seen footage.

smile

for darth subjekt

7 pm EST on CBS

The Ones
will this show be airing in the UK and if so, what time?

prod_
I have no clue...I have never heard of 60 minutes....before finding that file...

Alkaselzer
You don't watch television at night then. stick out tongue

prod_
Originally posted by Alkaselzer
You don't watch television at night then. stick out tongue laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud I dont...

not much...

WindDancer
Merging threads....

prod_
OK...

but what time will it come in California...and what channel???thanks...

WindDancer
60 minutes is aired in Southern California on CBS (channel 2) at 7:00pm.

The Ones
can people get there VCR's ready and upload it big grin

prod_
thanks...!!!

Torik_Shai
Originally posted by WindDancer
60 minutes is aired in Southern California on CBS (channel 2) at 7:00pm.

Same in Nor Cal, except CBS in on channel 5 here. For those of you who have had the honor of seeing the commercial for the interview, does the footage of the film look new, or is it from the trailer, or what?

prod_
Originally posted by Torik_Shai
Same in Nor Cal, except CBS in on channel 5 here. For those of you who have had the honor of seeing the commercial for the interview, does the footage of the film look new, or is it from the trailer, or what? check out thread :

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=329859&perpage=20&highlight=&pagenumber=1

for what I think what u meant by commercial...

Torik_Shai
Kickass! Thanks prod_! big grin

I'm liking the way Grievous walks. Like a raptor in Jurassic Park. yes

Mist
if anyone has a tv capture card, please record and post.

darktim1
I saw some footage on another show and it also going to show droines attacking obi-wan ship and it also going to show one part of duel where anakin nocks obi-wan to his nee with his lightsaber in one hand.So sunday should be cool.

Jazzman_78
Every clip of the Kenobi/Vader duel looks cooler and cooler, I simply can't wait to see the whole thing!

On a related note, and I'm not complaining, but with the trailers, the commercials, the MF.com spoilers, and all the HS pics, I feel like I've already seen the movie (and it rocks, btw) Anyone else?

The Ones
yea!. i feel the same.

Torik_Shai
It's alright. As was discovered last week, reading what was going to happen in the trailer and actually seeing it were totally different experiences.

Lord Tyrant
I herd GL, is going to discuss about the movie's rating.

Cascador
He said he wouldn't fight it if it was PG-13

Padmé Amidala
I think it will end up being a 12A here, thats what Spiderman 1 and 2 got, but Id rather that than them cutting bits out for the UK version like they did with Episode II grrrr!

Cascador
Luckily for you we will see the film in Belgium, not in the UK!

Padmé Amidala
big grin

DarkYoda
60 Minutes has begun where I live!!! Recording now!! big grin

DarthAJ
I saw it! OMFG! More Yoda Vs. Sidious! They have an all out lightening match! Yoda uses Sidious's lightening of course. And they showed Kashyyyk! It was bits and peices of the Lagoon scene. And at the very end they showed the twins! WOW really cool! This is awsome!

thejeditraitor
is it over already on the east coast?

there's something about muslims on right now.

bill9d9
Still on (halfway over) on east coast of USA. Lousy 60 Minutes will air the ROTS piece last so people like me that despise the show will watch all of it just to catch the ROTS segment.

Ugh....

Sith Master X
Yep, pisses me off that we have to wait.

DarthAJ
You know I was kidding right? I liove in the Pacific Coast I haven't even seen it. I have 2 H and a half left. Fooled ya!

Obi-OneManShow
You yellow bastard!

Sith Master X
Wonderful, thanks. I thought we were actually gonna see some clips of Yoda vs. Sids.

Obi-OneManShow
I'm glad he was kidding... wouldn't like seeing the twins etc yet... I hope they really save these things for the cinema release

DarthAJ
hehe Oops I got you guys hiped for nothing. But I hope they show some footage of a duel.

Sith Master X
Ok, they just said GL is coming up next. I'll tell what they show after it's finished.

Killua
LOL DarthAJ , your evil , your journey towards the dark side is complete hehe !

gambit420
Damn, Lucas has an enormous chin

Sith Master X
Ok, it's pretty much over, and it was really cool. There's alot, so I'll try to remember.

Shots from Episode 3 include:

Yoda syaing "Use your feelings you must Obi-Wan"

Some Anakin Vs. Obi-Wan: Whirling their sabers at incredible speeds.

Animations of Anakin and Obi-Wan surfing over lava.

Animations of General Grievous.

Droids attacking Obi-Wan's ship, which then cuts to Obi-Wan back inside of his star ship.

Shots of Anakin entering the Mustafar conference room.

I'll go back and watch it to see if there's anything I missed.

thejeditraitor
wow that was good!
i think this is great advertisement

TheForceSupreme
Anyone record this...man I'd love to see it.

Obiwalker08
....i thought it was going to be an hour....its not bad....

Killua
I live in holland , there was no way to see it here sad , *prays someone recorded it* stick out tongue

geet
crazy crap that duel between obi and ani

Sith Master X
Correction on my part: Yoda actually says "Use your feelings Obi-Wan, and find him you will."

Also, the shots of Yoda are amazing. Even more realistic looking than Episode 2.

The best stuff is Anakin and Obi-Wan whilring their sabers. It's sick. Their sabers are hitting so fast, you def. know this duel is not a gentlemen's one.

cal31
Yeah it was pretty cool. Best parts were Anakin and Obi Wan dueling, Yoda talking to Obi Wan in the scene where Padme dies, and seeing Anakin walking into the room on Mustafar where he kills the seperatist leaders.

bill9d9
Well, it was entertaining, but nothing really new or exciting was put out. For those who did not see it, you really did not miss anything.

Oh, and for those who STILL believe that choad SS is real or is making EP 7-9, forget it. Lucas was asked if he would allow someone to make EP 7, he said absolutely NOT. "There is no EP 7".

cal31
Originally posted by geet
crazy crap that duel between obi and ani Yeah no kidding. But why were they twirling their lightsabers around so fast and so long when they were right next to each other?

Sith Master X
Originally posted by bill9d9
Oh, and for those who STILL believe that choad SS is real or is making EP 7-9, forget it. Lucas was asked if he would allow someone to make EP 7, he said absolutely NOT. "There is no EP 7".

Yep, SS is screwed now.

Sith Master X
Originally posted by cal31
Yeah no kidding. But why were they twirling their lightsabers around so fast and so long when they were right next to each other?

The duel gets really nasty. They're both trying to show better skill than one another. And their sabers are actually hitting when they whirl.

atila the great
i can hear SS craping his pants right now

please someone post some clips, specially the yoda one

trovext
It was a good segment but most of the footage they showed was from the trailer.

pika122689
How long was it and can somebody capture it? sad

LandoSpeeder2
Originally posted by gambit420
Damn, Lucas has an enormous chin I kept starin at that the whole time he was talking. It's huge!

Anyway, this was sweet, they showed a lot of footage I had never seen before.

Sith Master X
It's about 16 minutes long. Most of it is recaps from the trailer, and stuff on Lucas's life, but there's some new shots we haven't scene from ROTS. There's also that trailer shot of Obi-Wan jumping down to the pipes over the lava, but it's extended, and the camera rotates around him somewhat.

MochaChica
So now the force fight with Obi-Wan, from the trailer...the other hand is Anakin.

http://www.aptirrelevance.com/sw-archive/images/01501.jpg
http://www.aptirrelevance.com/sw-archive/images/01502.jpg

That was basically something else new from 60 minutes. Well, at least for me because I wasn't sure whose hand that was. I thought it was Palps since the nails are a bit long. Hayden needs to clip those things.
Happy Dance

Lord Tyrant
I missed it, I was at Fossil Rim. sad

isxia
Did somebody record it, can somebody plzzz post a link here?

hazkid
well, ill start the transfer...dont get your hopes up, though.

LandoSpeeder2
Originally posted by isxia
Did somebody record it, can somebody plzzz post a link here? I recorded it, if I had a link to my vhs tape I recorded it on I would give you the link stick out tongue

hazkid
arrrrrrgh! its not working.

hazkid
lando, do u have the means to tranfer a video to your computer?

isxia
I meant has anybody got a copy on the pc that they can upload and post a link to plzz so we can all watch....We in the UK dont get 60 mins so we come here for help. U guys r great..

TheForceSupreme
Originally posted by LandoSpeeder2
I recorded it, if I had a link to my vhs tape I recorded it on I would give you the link stick out tongue

Then go buy a cable that can do that or something. stick out tongue wink laughing

Sith Master X
GL also said that in the biblical sense, the final battle ends in hell.

As far as the age thing goes for kids, he said he'd take a 9 or 10 year old to see it, but not a 5 or 6 year old.

Lord Tyrant
Anakin?

Sith Master X
No, that's just part of the support for the cables.

DarkYoda
Okay everyone. I have a copy I am uploading right now. I'll provide more details in a little bit. Anyone want to host it or help me upload it? It's a 60 MB DivX.

Lord Tyrant
Originally posted by DarkYoda
Okay everyone. I have a copy I am uploading right now. I'll provide more details in a little bit. Anyone want to host it or help me upload it? It's a 60 MB DivX.

Good.

DarkYoda
Okay a few details while it is uploading:

I recorded it on a Philips DVD Recorder in HQ 1 hr mode.

I converted it to DivX 5 with mp3 audio and it is 60 MB in total.

It's 12:32, 29.97 fps, 480 x 360, progressive.

Later I might make a higher quality version. I am hoping someone at MF maybe has a High Definition version. This was just a standard definition capture. Once it is up I'll send some private links first to those that will upload mirrors. Otherwise it will go down in 2 seconds.

Lord Tyrant
Okay a few details while it is uploading:

I recorded it on a Philips DVD Recorder in HQ 1 hr mode.

I converted it to DivX 5 with mp3 audio and it is 60 MB in total.

It's 12:32, 29.97 fps, 480 x 360, progressive.

Later I might make a higher quality version. I am hoping someone at MF maybe has a High Definition version. This was just a standard definition capture. Once it is up I'll send some private links first to those that will upload mirrors. Otherwise it will go down in 2 seconds.

smile

DarkYoda
Well...any volunteers to help? Feel free to PM me.

NinthSith
If someone could edit just the new footage and upload it you would surely be KING.

DeVi| D0do
woah... 60MB would take me forever to upload big grin

DarkYoda
I like the duel clip where Anakin and Obi-Wan block each other's force push. Awesome!!!

zavin
how's the upload dark yoda?

TheForceSupreme
I love you DarkYoda. cool eek!

DarkYoda
Here's a tease...

DarkYoda
Okay. I've got the link ready. Who's helping?

zavin
anyone! plz help him!
in the name of the force!

DarkYoda
And another tease...

TheForceSupreme
Help with what?

DarthLithic
just FYI to everyone that missed it. on cbs.com there is a link to 60 mins, and that link gets you to the video of the interview, including the begining of the Obi / Vader duel. it rocks!!!

Lord Tyrant
Originally posted by TheForceSupreme
Help with what?

Dark Yoda, has the GL Interview, and needs some technical help.

DarkYoda
Heh! big grin

zavin
help him!

TheForceSupreme
Originally posted by Lord Tyrant
Dark Yoda, has the GL Interview, and needs some technical help.

Opppss..don't look my way. embarrasment

TheForceSupreme
Originally posted by DarthLithic
just FYI to everyone that missed it. on cbs.com there is a link to 60 mins, and that link gets you to the video of the interview, including the begining of the Obi / Vader duel. it rocks!!!

The whole interview?

DarkYoda
One more tease!! cool

Lord Tyrant
Okay. I've got the link ready. Who's helping?

Right Here!

DarthLithic
Any of the new footage is there

Lord Tyrant
Any of the new footage is there

Several.

TheForceSupreme
I want everything. stick out tongue wink

DarthLithic
Everything I saw in the interview, I saw on the site, as far as new completed shots. there were a few CGI shots still being worked on that were not there.

DarthLithic
hey...just trying to help

TheForceSupreme
DarkYoda...I'm off to bed man. It's really late. Could you please PM me the link to it when done. I'll be sure to remind you 2morrow if you forget. stick out tongue cool wink

TheForceSupreme
hey...just trying to help

I know. wink Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance laughing laughing

alecsuba
I can help you with whatever you need send me a pm and ill see what ya need.

Lord Tyrant
I just got the link, who wants to help?

alecsuba
uploading it now will take requests for it

DarkYoda
If everyone wants to help me out, PM instead of posting in the forum. It's much easier to keep track of. smile

DarkYoda
This made me laugh. Lucas is funny. laughing

DarkYoda
General Grievous on the monitor. smile

Lord Tyrant
Well I'm off, I'll be back tomorrow at 4:00 PM. See Ya! smile

DarkYoda
Different perspective of Obi-Wan on the pipe! cool

DarkYoda
Anakin fixing to kill the separatists!!! Happy Dance

DarkYoda
I'm uploading a public link now. I have a few helpers. But I still need help everyone. I can only upload so much so fast. If you really want this link you will volunteer to help me!! eek!

Jedi Priestess
Most important thing Lucas said during the interview.

Will there be an episode 7?

Lucas: NO

Are you certain, no doubt?

Lucas: No Episode 7

Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

DarkYoda
Yoda !!

DarkYoda
More Yoda!

bill9d9
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
Most important thing Lucas said during the interview.

Will there be an episode 7?

Lucas: NO

Are you certain, no doubt?

Lucas: No Episode 7

Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Yup....See my post about this on page 3.

bill9d9
More Yoda!

ALL the Yoda you can give me!

Obi-OneManShow
I'll help... send me a link

DarkYoda
Pic of Yoda CGI modeling!!

Jedi Priestess
Out of curiosity boys, why arent you putting these in the finished shots thread?

DarkYoda
Yeah...I should huh.

bill9d9
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
Out of curiosity boys, why arent you putting these in the finished shots thread?

I was thinking the same thing, other than the fact that the "finished shots" thread is 90% full of things other than "finished shots".

IE: Toys, video game shots, endless bantering, etc, etc, etc.

prod_
Hey...Can someone please send me a link with the new stuff!!! thanks!!!!!!

DarkYoda
Bite it!!!

prod_
And I can also help load links smile

Mist
*sigh*
i really wanted to see supershadow in that interview. im surprised george didnt mention his best buddy.

DarkYoda
Okay. Here you go people...

pile

http://s10.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=324JCDQCQERI93VQEA9SDBRBXF
60 MB

dancedance Happy Dance

Mist
thanks. you couldnt compress it any more could you?

DeVi| D0do
Thanks DarkYoda... I'll try to upload another yousendit link once I have it if people still need it big grin

DarkYoda
"Yeah...it's called a mirror. It refects things. You should use it some time." LOL. laughing

Mist
60mb from 60min. what a coincidence.

DarkYoda
No...I really couldn't compress it much more without taking the resolution down ever further. Unless someone wants a low res, lower quality audio version? Nah... Didn't think so. It's a 12 minute clip. A little hard to make that small and still look good.

DarkYoda
"It works just like this" laughing

Mist
if you have premiere, import and exprt as quicktime, sorenson 3 settings
you can compress pretty small.

DarkYoda
Yoda rulez!! Happy Dance

DarkYoda
Not tired of Yoda yet!! laughing

bill9d9
Like I said, ALL the Yoda you can give me.

DarkYoda
Duel pic!

DarkYoda
Another Duel pic!

DarkYoda
Locking sabers...

Mist
all those were on the preview. very nice.

DarkYoda
Obi-Wan looking insane!!

DarkYoda
Looking even more insane!!

DarkYoda
Very Darth Vader like!!

DeVi| D0do
oooh... the mouse droids are back! big grin

Mempho76
Duel pic!

It's a Jedi Pissing Contest.