Is Owen a Jedi?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

King Jedi
I'm just posting this again as it was deleted. I thought that Owen might be a Jedi who refuses to fight in the Clone Wars.

Xizor
It was deleted? Why? I wrote like a 3 page respnse on my Owen opinion. Well, I wonit post that again, your loss.stick out tongue

King Jedi
I didn't delete it. It was a big bad bug.

DiEbyDaGuNZ
hey..that guy emailed me..im gonna talk to him on aol

tainted one
Owen refers to Obi-Wan as "that wizard is just a crazy old man."

Owen is no Jedi. if you asked me, he's not really Obi-Wan's brother. but that's another topic.

King Jedi
Maybe Owen was a Jedi who after seeing what happened to Anakin refused to be a Jedi any longer and stopped beleiving in the Jedi. When he said that to Luke he was trying to put him off.

tainted one
i agree he was trying to put luke off. maybe he did have some training in the temple, i dunno. but regardless, i think something has to happen that creates in him a sense of loyalty to the cause (either to obi-wan, or to the rebellion, or even to luke). otherwise, why is he involved? something must happen that sparks his willingness to get involved in the whole deception. he must have known, too the dangers involved in hiding vader's redemption (hey, there's a cool title smile )

maybe

UnknownBountyHunter
Eviljedi are you posting as Sithmaster, if not Sithmaster register because I am deleting your posts, I have to have a way to track your IP. And I think Tainted One is on to something.

King Jedi
If he is not then we have to have a reason as to why he is in EP2. If he is not there to fight then why is he there?

King Jedi
The official site says that Luke "calls Owen and Beru Aunt and Uncle". If it were his real family then it would tell you this. But I don't think he is a jedi anymore.

theEviljedi
UBH,I wanted to post with that but someone already took it.

Xantos Clone
....If so, I guess he was not a very good one....geeze, kill by stormtroopers? how would he face a sith lord when he can't defend his wife or himself against some cloned retard(john rocker) stormtroopers?

Dim
If Owen's a jedi I'll run naked through Times Square...it's not going to happen...(I'm on drugs, can you tell?)

King Jedi
No, you don't seem any different. smile

Dim
Oh...I didn't know that I came off like a naked streaker but okay...I don't have a problem with that smile

Xantos Clone
If owen is was a jedi, I am going to laugh my butt off...not cause he is one, but the idea of all of us tring to get Master Dim to keep her promis!!!

hehe

Dim
*shudders*
Oh you wouldn't BELIEVE what I'm dumb enough to do when I'm plowed...laughing out loud

theEviljedi
Is that a invitation Dim?wink

King Jedi
It is a shame that none of us will see it.sad But then it would probably be on the newssmile .

Xantos Clone
Master Dim.....don't defy the council...not again...

Dim
Nope...If Owen's a jedi then I'm getting naked...Man..I hope noone from LFL ever checks this out laughing out loud

Ratcat
Hey, you can post THAT up as your picture, it's worth the wait laughing out loud

Owen=Jedi? Yes I think he will, but he will fail to complete his training after a showdown with Yoda over the Clone Wars. He will disagree saying that the Jedi should not be involved and leave under a cloud.

Yoda and OB1 will go to him for help in EpIII to safegaurd Luke thinking that Anakin would not suspect Owen due to his hatred of the Jedi decision.

Now, I'll just pop that in the post to GL and he can go re-shoot half of his film!!!!!

Jedimaster3838
Like it was said earliar if Owen was a Jedi how could he not defend his wife and himself against a couple of stormtroopers? I do however think it would be an interesting twist, but I think he will he Obi-Wan's brother, who disagrees with Ben/Obi on his role as a Jedi, hence the "crazy old wizard" I think he is given Luke because Ben knows Vader would not suspect it, and so he can keep an eye on Luke, while he knows his friend Bail will do a good job with Leia. But who knows?

Ratcat
"He's no Jedi!"

I think he's a FAILED Jedi. A jedi needs to meditate and practise throughout his or her life to amintain their skills.

If Owen left the order 20 years before, without even completing his training then the chances are he'd have little or no skill left by the time of ANH.

Try This:

Yoda: If you leave now, wasted you training will have been.
Owen: I can not stay, this is not the life for me.
Mace: Then you can never rely on your jedi skills again, they will fade and you will be like any other man.

FADE OUT

HEY GL, GIVE ME A JOB!!!!!

Dim
You've got a job already...and GL wouldn't give you a car.

I'm not going to streak if he's just some half *** jedi hopeful...I really don't see Owen as the jedi type... and what's wrong with him just being a nice little farmer? I guess boys just want their fortune and glory...

King Jedi
Lucas said that we will see Owen in his PRIME. I don't think he means his prime as a farmer. When I read that I thought Owen would either be a Jedi or a great Warrior.

Dim
He could be a cool butt kicking farmer...You don't want to mess with farm boys you know...

theEviljedi
I'm sure UBH knows that best.laughing out loud

Dim
laughing out loud yeah, too bad he's not around. I'm sure he'd have something to add to this little discussion.

theEviljedi
Yeah too bad he and Xiz are not here.Just annoying Kj.

King Jedi
What do you mean? I want them to come back too as they need to sort out some stuff, but this is for another forum. I hope Owen isn't just a farmer because when he tells Anakin not to get involved, why should Anakin listen? Anakin is a great Jedi so I don't think he would even discuss it with Owen who is just a farmer. No offence UBH.smile

Dim
I would guess that Anakin get's Owen involved in alot of stuff that he's just as soon would leave alone...I can see Anakin dragging Owen on some idealistic crusade...Anyway, being a farmer doesn't mean that you can't be a great fighter...I think Owen would be very willing and able to protect the people he loves.

Xantos Clone
Actally, if anyone reads the 'jedi apprentice' series, you will see that most jedi in training at the temple (up to the age of 12) either pass or fail by being selected by a jedi master to become a padawan learner...if they are not selected, the are sent to spice farms or moister farms just so they have jobs and a life anyway. Now some of these farmers are still skilled, but rusty and not even close to a jedi....

still makes a bad*** farmer though....

"traveling through space aint'like dusting crops boy!"

Dim
Did you just make that farm part up or is that really in there???? weird...I was never scared of farmers until now.

theEviljedi
I heard something following those lines about he Jedi Apprentice books.

Dim
hmmmmmmmm...maybe that's what did happen to Owen...weird.

theEviljedi
Maybe.

Xantos Clone
Dim, you should check the novels (more like short stories really..)

the jedi are in a temple run by yoda. they start as early as 6 months under yoda(this also explains why obi wan mentions that yoda instucted him)

they train until 12 years of age then are hand picked by jedi master to become padawans. qui gon did not want to pick obi wan...it happend as the 'will of the force'...obi wan was sent to be a farmer actually and he and qui gon kept crossing each other's path over and over again until qui gon got that feeling (hmmmm...it's meant to be dude...)

Dim
Hmmmmmmm, interesting. I'll have to keep my eyes out for those.

Xantos Clone
maybe that little kid in the spy pic is owen as a padawan...

Ratcat
NBO, not unless they're doing flashbacks because Owen is played by an adult, Joel Edgerton, who is somewhere between IOb1 and Anakin in age.

Dim
RC's right...very unlikely that it's Owen.

Xantos Clone
OH yea! I forgot...thanks for the reminder...

Ratcat
I think Owen will be about mid way between OB1 and Anakin age wise.

King Jedi
I hope he will be more friendly with Anakin than Ob-Wan. I want to see Obi-Wan and Owen having some big arguments to show why they never liked each other in ANH.

Dim
Yes...GL really needs to explain that..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.