Mortal Kombat

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Renio
come on who doesent like mortal kombat its like the best fighting game ever it has the best story ever it has the best gore effects ever it has a whole buncha stuff i havent thought of yet

what your favorite part about MK series

Lord_Andres
Well fighting is my fav part of the game big grin I love these game, well all that are 2D the new once I think kinda suck, it aint like the old days, my fav characters are Noob Saibot, KABAL (he ownes all) belive it or not I've acturly just lost about 5 games out of 100 with him! I even won with him when a friend had MOTARO AND SHAO KAHN! and he is not a bad player at all! I wish it was away that we could play on the internet, that would have been awesome!!!

Joker1237
MK2 is the best, And Kintaro is the best Boss Sub Boss ever. He was cool.

Goro follows Kintaro.

My favor fighter is Cage.

Lord_Andres
Ya I agree on the KIntaro part, infact he was the hardest of them all! he could whoop anyone including Shao Khan and all those wizards!

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by Renio
come on who doesent like mortal kombat its like the best fighting game ever it has the best story ever it has the best gore effects ever it has a whole buncha stuff i havent thought of yet

what your favorite part about MK series lol.. 2 was my all time favorite.. I poured alot of quarters in it smile

Gryn Jabar
I actually don't like the MK combat system, it feels to sluggish. The character however, are the most badass of ANY fighting game I've ever played.

Joker1237
yeah Kintaro could beat up Khan and bad.
I guess being so hard, and the mask and spikes is what made him cool.

I wish he would show up again lol.

dark1365
Originally posted by Renio

what your favorite part about MK series

NOT the story. The story is sometimes retarded and leaves you saying: "What the shit?"

FlappingMangera
i loved the mk series. Just working over my friends with raiden was awesome. I would do that dive move over and over

Lord_Andres
I love raiden is fantastic, i can do the 50% move(s) with him big grin just gotta love, when ever I do the guy i'm playing against totaly looses the moral, its great!

Joker1237
About MK3, I think the game was a preety god game IN ITS OWN RIGHT.(The first MK3)

But people compare it to MK2, and well very few fighting games can surpast MK2. so MK3 looks like well, weak if you compare it.

Street Fighter 3 surfer the same thing, to SF2. But MK3 was a way better game(IMO) than SF3.

vaya_the_elf
It's been so long since I played it. Can't remember all their names.

I was good with the chick that killed people with her hair.

Joker1237
ah Sindel, Now she was BAD.

Bad as in cool. She is awsome. Glad they brought her back in MKD.

Very underated, but has the goods to be a real pain to fight.

savagerampage
I just picked up the gamecube version of mortal kombat deception they have goro and shao kahn in the story. i love mortal kombat especially when they revamped it in deadly alliance and deception. giving each fighter 2 different styles of martial arts and a weapon is great. I love the konquest adventure mode in deception and every single mk character makes an apperance minus sheeva and kai.

Joker1237
so how do Goro and Khan play?

I dont have a game cube. I have MKD on Playstation, So Goro and Khan are not in it.

What do they look like in 3D, ant picks? Does Goro look like his MK4 self?

savagerampage
Kahn and Goro are both powerhouses they look amazing here is a link

this one is for Goro
http://www.mortalkombatguides.com/mkdeception_gc/goro.shtml
Now for Kahn
http://www.mortalkombatguides.com/mkdeception_gc/kahn.shtml

tabby999
scorpian and subzero, two best characters of all!

pr1983
played deception on ps2...

liu kang is the shit... they really did a good job with him...

no johhny cage though... tsk tsk...

solid, enjoyable game otherwise...

Joker1237
I dont know why People hate Cage. He is my all time fave.

After that Scopion and Subzero. and Strker comes in 4th. Wonder if he will return. Yes I am one of Strykers few fans.

Joker1237
yeah Goro looks bad, Still he is not as Cool as Kintaro.

And if they kill of Kintana. I dont want that happen. I like her too.

wuTa
cage is outstanding....the split/crotch punch was superb but nobody was cooler than raiden

Konjammenson
i despise cage. i cant really explain it, but he has just alwasy annoyed me.

anyone remember mk mythologies: sub zero? that game got a lot of boo boos, but i actually liked it.

Joker1237
Cage has always been my fave. HE was cool.

wuTa
what his fatality in the 1st game?

Joker1237
Cage's was the head chopped off with the uppercut

Subzero's Spine Rip

Sonja The kiss of Death

Kano Heart ripped

Scoprin, The Burn thing with the Skull

Raiden Head Zapp

And Kang the spinnging Uppercut that does not kill any one, unless if your on the pitt.

wuTa
all those fatalities bring back so many great memories

Joker1237
yeah, good thing, they put out MK1 MK2 and MK3 on PS2.

You can get 1 on MKD bouus Disk, Arcade perfect or so it says, Been so long, I dont know if it is Arcade perfect lol. But its close for me.

I still anger with NES putting out the "CLEAN MORTAL KOMBAT" game. They desver no peace of the pie with that. Game Cube has not EARN the right to have it on there system because of what they pull in MK1.

I might agree with them if they Put out 2 versons of the game, one with the clean and the other blood.

But they never did, just because they let the blood stay in MK2, does not FIX the wrong they did to MK1.

I know I still anger with NES after all this time.

wuTa
me too...you have no idea how disappointed i was when i did kanos fatality and he didnt rip out a heart on the SNES

Joker1237
Now what did he rip out, look like cold cole or something, I know it was not a heart,

On the Sega, and Bouns Pack, The heart was leaking with blood, all over the place.

And on the Arcade, you can hear the heart beep. I was glad they put it out on PS2. First time in a long time, this is as close as one can get to Arcade perfect, with out the Arcade lol.

Joker1237
ok So I have unlock most of the coffins in MKD.

I have a BIG problem, I am REAL low on Oynx coins and need to open this one coffien that is 2000 something lol.

Ok I have 500 of Qynx coins. Again this is the last coffin I need to open lol. So the other coins are useless. Any way I can get Oynx coins ?

Magee
What i did was just ran around Konquest mode fighting people like scorpion and the like, u can get quite a lot of coins for beating some of them just not the ones u want lol. Also look for chests you havnt opened yet.

Damn that sucks, they r like my 2 favourite characters (story wise). I would have loved to play as Goro and Shao Kahn. Well i do have a GC so....

Have any of you heard of the new Mortal Kombat game coming out this year, Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks.Its an action/adventure game and this should please a few, its set during MK2 which should be fuking excellent. Here's a link http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/mkshaolin/previews.html

Joker1237
HAs a long time Mortal Kombat fan, I was and still am AGAINST playing as any boss or Fomer boss.

It takes something out of them, When MKT came out, I was like cool I get to play Kintaro. But after 2 or so days, I notice something was missing out of these bosses, when I played them.

It ruins the ideal of a boss if you can play them.
Yeah In a way they did the same to Balrog, Vega, Saget and Bison in SF2. At first they were unplay. Than you can play them?? I do think 4 bosses in a fighting game is too many though, I like 2, The boss and Sub Boss.

MKD is cool and all, but they dont have the cool sub boss they always had. All the Sub bosses were unlike any other sub boss in a fighting game. Besides say KI.

Goro was the 4 arm beast. He was cool. At the time.
Kintaro was cool 2. Harder and faster than Goro. But he was hard. It was a honor to "Lose" to him. But like Goro, there was something speacial about him.

Motoro was not as great as Kintaro or Goro, and is consider the weakness of the first 3(He not weak, story line weak, not fighting weak, He was about as hard as Kintaro on ARCAD, They tone him down on home versons')

Than we have Moloc. I give em this, he has a great design, and he looks cool, But he was the easy one out of the 4. Again very cool looking. But if you know a simple combo he is history. Even on hardest. But I guess it was a change to have a easy sub boss. He is my 2nd fav after Kintaro.

NoobSmoke, I dont relly coniser a sub boss, because 1, they are playble, and 2, they LACK that monster look the other sub bosses had.

Magee
I would'nt say im against playing as bosses. It was always fun playing as goro on mk4. I think u could play as him on Triliogy as well (i think lol). But i can see how it would ruin it, Bosses seem weaker when a person is playing as them and even when u played as goro, kintoro or Mantoro(btw isnt it mantoro?) it just made them seem less 'cool'. And i never liked Moloc and was severley dissapointed when it wasnt Goro or someone respectable.

Joker1237
besides he being a sorry fighter(I think that was his big down fall)
What was wrong with Moloc?? He even had a cool into before you crush him like a bug.

pr1983
Originally posted by Joker1237
Cage has always been my fave. HE was cool.

i agree... in mk2 i was unbeatable as cage...

Magee
lol Moloc was just, well gay lol. I guess he just didnt make a good first impression.

Joker1237
dont point trying to turn you into a beliver. lol, I think he was cool.

I rember when I First played MK1, and after I won the 3rd EnD match(Boy do you miss them)

I was like ok, now we go fight Goro, I expected the screen to change to the battle plan screen, But Goro just jump right next to my guy. Who was in the conor from the last match. Cage never recover from that. lol. Goro Did his chest slam thing follow by fire ball when I jump back.

I lost the round, but won rounds 2 and 3. Not bad in my first fight with Goro.

savagerampage
Goro is pretty badass in the gamecube version of deception

Magee
Hey Joker i was just reading through this thread again and did u say u got mk1 with Deception?

Joker1237
Yes, I even have 2 and 3 on Midway Tresuer game thing.

Not too sure if it is Arcade Perfect. As its been so long since I played it in the arcades.

I do think MK1 is still a preety good fighting game, Sure it may be a bit dated. But It is still a top 15 fighting game of all time, I may put it in my top ten lol. It is still as fun to play, even with all these new games, as it was to play back in 92.
A bit dated like I said, but it still rocks.

Magee
kl. How did u manage to get it with Deception?

Joker1237
it was in the premiuim pack thing they did. ITs out in Walmark if you want it. Its cost about 60 or so bucks lol. But they had MKD, and MK1. plus bouns features and such. 2 disk thing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.