From MF.com The End of Anakin Skywalker SPOILER

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jedi Priestess
Thanks to NoMen for bringing this from MF.com. For once I'm going to break with forum tradition because this one is so big it deserves its own thread.

EPISODE III TERNIAN REPORT: The Duel :: Part I

March 12 2005

Part I of II

Obi-Wan dives into a forward roll that ends up with him on the rim of a low cliff, just above the soft black sand of a lava riverbank.

Anakin snarls at Obi-Wan, realising he has been tricked. He leaps off his droid at Obi-Wan's back but is half a second too slow.

Obi-Wan whirls to parry Anakin, but his saber doesn't meet Anakin's blade. Instead, he slices off Anakin's leg at the knee. Then he slices of the other leg at the knee. And while Anakin is still in the air, Obi-Wan uses his blade to slice off Anakin's left arm above the elbow. He steps back as Anakin falls.

Anakin drops his lightsaber, clawing at the edge of the cliff with his mechanical hand, but his grip becomes too powerful for the lava bank and the edge crumbles, and he slides down onto the black sand.

His severed legs and his severed arm rolls into the lava below him and immediately burns.

Anakin claws at the soft black sand, but his struggling only makes him slip farther. The sand itself is hot; digging his mechanical arm into it burns off his glove, and his robes begin to smolder.

Obi-Wan picks up Anakin's lightsaber. He lifts his own as well and weighs them in his hands. Anakin had based his design upon Obi-Wan's and thus they appear very similar.

lil bitchiness
I had to click the thread - but i havent read the text. And im not planning to - this i gotta see.

p.s. JP, you could use spoiler tags wink

Jedi Priestess
My only comments are........I wish I hadnt read this one. cry
And does anyone else think that cutting off 2 legs and another arm a bit of overkill? messed

I put them on there Milla, but it's been my experience in the past in here that people just quote you and blow the reason for the tag. wink

Obiwalker08
is this true...will it happen....i hope not...it dosent sound like obiwan

Jedi Priestess
Well everything else we've gotten from Tern has been accurate so far, so I dont see why this one wouldn't be. I'm anxious for Part 2. smile

prod_
SO u guys are saying I houldnt read this???

Obiwalker08
it better not be true...as you said its overkill...its NOT LIKE OBIWAN...i can see obi cuttin of a hand...i think he enjoys that...but not BOTH legs and a arm.....i really hope this isnt true...but i m most likely wrong

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by prod_
SO u guys are saying I houldnt read this???

Not if you dont want to know prod_ no I wish I hadnt. cry

prod_
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
Not if you dont want to know prod_ no I wish I hadnt. cry

too late...

I always want to read spoilers...this is the first time I have hesitated...lets hope that it is not true then...

Obiwalker08
it saddens me...i shouldnt have read it.....

Boris
Slice n' dice! big grin

Jedi Priestess
LMAO Boris! You sicko! laughing out loud

I only wish I hadnt read it not because of what it says, but because I didnt want to be this spoiled. Too late now I guess. laughing out loud

Cascador
I read it but I already forgot it lol
the only thing I remember is that obi-wan picks the lightsabers up and euhm...never mind

prod_
laughing out loud

Chuanfashou
Another pointless thread

Jedi Priestess
oh you ARE a pointless thread. roll eyes (sarcastic)

You have a problem with this thread I suggest you pm Ush. And he will tell you that you're wrong. stick out tongue

Boris
Obi-wan must be damn fast with a lightsaber to do all that, can't freakin wait....... and how is it pointless? One of the biggest moments in the film....

Chuanfashou
oh you ARE a pointless thread. roll eyes (sarcastic)

You have aproblem with this thread I suggest you pm Ush. And he will tell you this one can stay. stick out tongue

<-----Pointless thread all right

lil bitchiness
You guys, if you have a problem with a thread such as this PM the resident Ep III mods. This thread is fine, by me.

And dont create trouble here, because I dont want to go in and read the spoilers! So If i do have to come back to straighten arguments here I wont be liniant. Thank you.

Lord Tyrant
WOW!, that was simply amazing, but I thought Anakin gets burned by lava.

Velcro_Boy
Originally posted by Lord Tyrant
WOW!, that was simply amazing, but I thought Anakin gets burned by lava.
thats only one of two parts.

BAILY
Being close to the molten Lava will burn you too... if you fall in the lava period, you burn instantly

kashmircat
Don't obi-wan's and anakin's lightsabres look quite different? I thought it was lukes that resembled obi-wans?

moonwalker741
I dont like it...the cutting off of legs and arms ruins it to me...i hope this sint true

Lord Tyrant
Originally posted by moonwalker741
I dont like it...the cutting off of legs and arms ruins it to me...i hope this sint true

It sounds bad, but it will look better on the big screen. smile

Imaginary
I read the first line then I realised what I was doing.

HOBBE5
That sucks. I dont want it to happen that way and I don't believe it will happen that way, based on something I saw. I would post it but I don't know how to do a spoiler post.

Regardless, for me, the Obi/Ani climatic battle, (the ending of it) has to be a cross between the Vader/Luke battle in ROTJ and the ending being something like what happened during the Vader/Luke fight in ESB. And it has to happen on top of a volcano, on a ledge of some sort. Having a, excuse the pun, slow burn wont cut it.

Bespin Bart
Ouch, that sounds extremely painful.

DarthAJ
i've known he loses most of his limbs old news to me but it was not confirmed if he went in or by lava so thats good. I hope this is not from the novel because that was a peice of crap in writing. If you want great writing check out JW Titus's rendition of that scene in his ROTS novel. I almost cried.

Jedi Priestess
Actually, it is believed that Ternian has an advance copy of the book, so this is probably true. sad

((The_Anomaly))
it seems like overkill but meh! still cool!

plus yea, obi-wan's saber and anakins saber are a lot different...maybe its the weight thats the same?....cause looks....errr, there not even close

prod_
to me...all but dooku's lightsaber...look the same embarrasment

((The_Anomaly))
"to me...all but dooku's lightsaber...look the same "

I do hope ur kidding....

Jedi Priestess
Well some people dont look at that stuff that closly.

Mist

Obi-Wan whirls to parry Anakin, but his saber doesn't meet Anakin's blade. Instead, he slices off Anakin's leg at the knee. Then he slices of the other leg at the knee. And while Anakin is still in the air, Obi-Wan uses his blade to slice off Anakin's left arm above the elbow. He steps back as Anakin falls.

uhhh....is anakin flying in slow motion? how the hell can obiwan cut off both legs and an arm while anakin is still flying through the air?

OB1-adobe
My only comments are........I wish I hadnt read this one. cry
And does anyone else think that cutting off 2 legs and another arm a bit of overkill

No. The fact that Vader is only left with his mechanical arm to save his own life is interesting. Plus it is a major sign that he is royaly screwd. He has not even one leg to help him self climb back up.

Imaginary
AAAAAH! Michael! I read some of that! cry

Mist
sorry, but you gotta expect someone to quote something. and what are you doing in a spoiler thread anyway?

Imaginary
I was kidding stick out tongue

Mist
o.......k.

ArthasKnight
I didn't hesitate to read this, but it doesn't sound right. I agree, I don't think Obi-Wan would so all of that to Anakin. Even if he knew there was no way he could be saved and he had to destroy him, I don't think he'd go to quite an extreme.

But thanks, JP! It was an interesting read and I'm awaiting part 2 now.

Mist
part 2? theres more? sweeeeeet.
when does part 2 come out?

Jedi Priestess
If I knew that dear, I'd be rich! smile

Darth_Nefarus
Well, maybe it won't happen all at once. I don't think it's overkill, it adds nicely to Vader's intense hatred for Obi-Wan. He beat Anakin, crippled him worse than Dooku, and became more machine that man as a result of it.
I can't wait to see some limbs fly.

New_Born_Pyro
I wish I didn't read it. I'll just try to forget it. I'm not going to read part 2, I don't wanna be too spoiled.

NoMeN
Thanks to NoMen for bringing this from MF.com. For once I'm going to break with forum tradition because this one is so big it deserves its own thread.

sure!! i gotta love this spoiler!!!! its so great! eek! eek! eek! eek!

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by New_Born_Pyro
I wish I didn't read it. I'll just try to forget it. I'm not going to read part 2, I don't wanna be too spoiled.

DUDE!!!!! You amaze me..............I left a warning, a HUGE space AND I used spoiler tags. That should have been the hint!?!?!?!

guiro72
for the doubters, i heard both legs and an arm a LONG time ago...i remember people were making jokes about monty python and holy grail...i have no reason to believe this is false...it's especially hard to tell what you're gonna think with this kind of stuff until you see it in action, so my reaction isn't positive or negative at the moment...

thanks jp....

k1klass
He's got to end up more machine some how, a bit of chopping here and there will only help matters

http://images.killermovies.com/forums/user_sigs/customsig_60058_Yg.gif

stefaan
The only thing i didn't like was the whole ''arm en legs rolling down the hill''-thing but for the rest, it's cool. Damned Anakin thinking he's all that but you know you're not no mf.com is cool wonder where he gots his onformation, though, the trailer was completely the same...

Padmé Amidala
The arms and legs rolling down a hill may sound silly but Im sure it will be presented well

Jedi Priestess
We can only hope. What I wonder is, it's pretty much accepted that Tern has the novel. I wonder if all this will be shown on screen?

Darth Plegueis
Ya know, from the time he is put in the armor to the time of ANH, there is probably little change in Anakin (no more Jedi to fight) so it makes sense that "more machine than man" would be the result of multiple injuries sustained in ROTS.

Cascador
Well he'll certainly be more adult, don't forget that Darth Vader is like 22 years old in ep III and 41 in ANH.

Padmé Amidala
What age is he when he dies? I can never remember the full timeline of the old trilogy

Darth Plegueis
Well yeah, but by change I meant like more replacements for organics. Except for maybe upgrades and like kinky attachments and stuff....I meant that he probably goes 22 years without losing any limbs. Until ESB...

Cascador
about 45

TPM: -32 ANH
AOTC: -22 ANH
ROTS: -19 ANH

ANH: 0

ESB: +3 ANH
ROTJ: +4 ANH

New_Born_Pyro
DUDE!!!!! You amaze me..............I left a warning, a HUGE space AND I used spoiler tags. That should have been the hint!?!?!?!
No, I read it in the other MF thread.

Jedi Priestess
Ah then you had the same experience I did. Sorry bout that. sad

smoker4
Damn, i need to find my memory wipe again but ive forgot where it is?

Jedi Priestess
awwwwwwwww damnit man MF.com is down again. sad

zavin
no it isnt JP, check what i just posted on the spoilers from MF.com thread, a new spoiler of rune haako's death

Jedi Priestess
I thought I heard that last week? blink Oh wtf do I know anyway. laughing

Keep up the good work thumbsup

Mist
EPISODE III TERNIAN REPORT: The Duel - Part 2

Cont.

"Obi-Wan...?" pleads Vader from the riverbank. Obi-Wan looks down. Vader's Jedi robes burn and his hair is blackened.

"You were the chosen one! It was said you would destroy the
Sith, not join them. It was you who would bring balance to the
Force, not leave it in darkness. You were my brother, Anakin,"
says Obi-Wan. "I loved you, but I could not save you."

Above in the sky, Obi sees the Theta class shuttle entering the atmosphere.

Suddenly, Darth Vader bursts into flame.

"I hate you," screams Vader.

Obi-Wan turns, not wanting to go against the Jedi Code and murder, walks away.

thank Baily, he got it first wink

Mist
damn...darth dodo beat me in the mf thread.

BAILY
but you got it in JP's thread

astrofan428
Holy Shit!!!

Mist
another 50points JP?

astrofan428
Now I know why Vader was such an a-hole.

BAILY
You play with fire, you will eventually get burned... laughing

astrofan428
Like to see how ILM does with the burning robes and hair followed by BURSTING INTO ****ING FLAMES!!!

Mist
so he doesnt fall into lava? more like sitting on hot rock for too long...then poof! flames.

DeVi| D0do
Damn, I forgot about this thread no expression

BURSTS INTO FLAMES! it'll get pg-13 just for that!

Mist
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12/noobbasher/bailspoiler.jpg

BAILY
My guess is it will be rated PG-13 for sci-fi action violence and peril.

Altar[1stONE]
man thats gonna be hard to watch. I bet we will see obi wan walking towards the camera with his back to anakin. and then we will hear him say "i hate you!" itll probably echo throughout mustafar, ill get chills from that.

bilb
no expression confused sad

Unless there is some physical reason (landscape, terrain, etc..) as to why Obi doesnt help Ani, this is harsh......

J.M FcThumbs-Up
An eye for an eye....perhaps?

I know it's against the Jedi-Code, but aih......who knows???

Cascador
I'm not sure about that chopping off limbs...and Obi-Wan did try to help Anakin as some dialogue has proven it...there were other spoilers I heard...At the end of the fight Anakin seems to come back to his senses but then he falls or something...don't really remember what it was what happened. But it seemed to me that Obi-Wan did try to help Anakin

guiro72
"hey hitler, need a hand?....there might be some kiddies left you haven't cut to pieces yet"....plus palpatine is about to land....

eleveninches
Is that the scene that is in the new trailer (where obi/ani come flying towards each other during their lightsaber fight, and clash in mid air. Close to the end of the trailer)

Cascador
I think that's on the bridge or where you see Obi-Wan leap on, where the fight is almost over

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by Mist
another 50points JP?

Well you get 100 for putting it in the right thread Mist, but lose 25 for not using the spoiler tags. sad

And about this spoiler can I just say crybaby crybaby crybaby crybaby crybaby

LandoSpeeder2
So, this pretty much knocks down the theory for Obi Wan's lightsaber was taken from GG, unless he has to sabers instead of one.

Cascador
I heard he has...he made another one like the one from ep II

Mist
Well you get 100 for putting it in the right thread Mist, but lose 25 for not using the spoiler tags. sad

125points in total now eh?
sweet, if this keeps up, i can get an upsize!

Jedi Priestess
Trading those in for a death star are we? wink

Mist
meh, why destroy a planet if i can own one?

Jedi Priestess
Well, you are about 950 points short of planet owning. wink

OMG MIST!!! You are making me derail MY OWN THREAD!!!!!!!! mad Bad boy! wink

Mist
laughing

Mist
Well, you are about 950 points short of planet owning. wink

OMG MIST!!! You are making me derail MY OWN THREAD!!!!!!!! mad Bad boy! wink

any more points for making you do that?
(once you give me points, theres no taking em back! they're mine, MINE!mwahahaha!)

OB1-adobe
EPISODE III TERNIAN REPORT: The Duel :: Part II

March 12 2005

Part II of II

"Obi-Wan..." pleads Vader from the riverbank. Kenobi looks down. Vader's jedi robes burn while his hair is blackened.

"You were the chosen one! It was said you would destroy The Sith, not join them. It was you who would bring balance to The Force, not leave it in darkness. You were my brother, Anakin," says Obi-Wan. "I loved you, but I could not save you."

Above in the sky, Obi-Wan sees a Theta-Class shuttle entering the atmosphere.

"I hate you" screams Vader. Obi-Wan Kenobi turns, not wanting to go against the Jedi Code and murder, walks away.

Mist
mwahahaha!
Much too late obi adobe!

OB1-adobe
Thats weird. Because I went to Mf.com this afternoon, and it was still part I.

WTF?????????

Jedi Priestess
Ok just so everything is all together now. smile

EPISODE III TERNIAN REPORT: The Duel :: Part I

March 12 2005

Part I of II

: Obi-Wan dives into a forward roll that ends up with him on the rim of a low cliff, just above the soft black sand of a lava riverbank.

Anakin snarls at Obi-Wan, realising he has been tricked. He leaps off his droid at Obi-Wan's back but is half a second too slow.

Anakin drops his lightsaber, clawing at the edge of the cliff with his mechanical hand, but his grip becomes too powerful for the lava bank and the edge crumbles, and he slides down onto the black sand.

His severed legs and his severed arm rolls into the lava below him and immediately burns.

Anakin claws at the soft black sand, but his struggling only makes him slip farther. The sand itself is hot; digging his mechanical arm into it burns off his glove, and his robes begin to smolder.

Obi-Wan picks up Anakin's lightsaber. He lifts his own as well and weighs them in his hands. Anakin had based his design upon Obi-Wan's and thus they appear very similar.

EPISODE III TERNIAN REPORT: The Duel :: Part II

March 12 2005

Part II of II

"Obi-Wan..." pleads Vader from the riverbank. Kenobi looks down. Vader's jedi robes burn while his hair is blackened.

"You were the chosen one! It was said you would destroy The Sith, not join them. It was you who would bring balance to The Force, not leave it in darkness. You were my brother, Anakin," says Obi-Wan. "I loved you, but I could not save you."

Above in the sky, Obi-Wan sees a Theta-Class shuttle entering the atmosphere.

"I hate you" screams Vader. Obi-Wan Kenobi turns, not wanting to go against the Jedi Code and murder, walks away.

Cipher
That fits with the piece of music being called the immolation scene.

Powerful AND disturbing, no wonder Lucas says not to bring young children......

Cintre
That sounds like it's going to be a really moving part of the story.

astrofan428
Nice sig Cintre

Mist
"I hate you" doesnt really seem to be fitting, coz everyones happy happy jolly jolly when they're ghosts in rotj. meh, could be they just dont give a f**k what happens to the galaxy coz they're already dead.

Cascador
Obi-Wan says: I loved you after he chopped of Anakin's limbs? That doesn't make really sense to me...

BAILY
well love hurts......

OB1-adobe
"Anakin snarls at Obi-Wan, realising he has been tricked. He leaps off his droid at Obi-Wan's back but is half a second too slow."

What droid?

smoker4
The droids that are shown in the teaser trailer walking through the lava

Jedi Priestess
Bump

cylob49
Ive been away for a few days and now and then ive thought about this sequence and i HATE IT!!!!
Anakin shouting "i hate you" before burning up doesnt really live up to the scene ive had in my head for about 20 or so years.....he sounds like Kevin the teenager...i hope this aint true.
Ive always imagined the duel to end with Obi holding onto Anakins arm(who has gone back to the lightside briefly) who then loses his grip and falls to his fate in a lava pool.....it wouldve been a bit more tragic.

Jedi Priestess
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/spadesmamma61/Moms%20Pictures/neu100ti.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/spadesmamma61/Moms%20Pictures/neu12bmp4wd.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/spadesmamma61/Moms%20Pictures/6.jpg

Ok now that we've got these, and so we dont muck up the finished shots thread....
.I wanted to talk about whats left of Anakin. I mean power-wise.

Jedi Priestess
Ok kids, you'll notice that physically, there isnt much left of Anakin.
Yet, Sideous saves him, we can assume because he is the chosen one.
All things being what they are, wouldnt you say,
that Anakin has got to be pretty damn powerful for Sideous to go to all this trouble?

GuyverGabriel
PRETTY GODDAMN FIND....cant wait to see the movie!!!

Jedi Priestess
Wasnt me, came from the german board originally I think, and then started showing up all over. smile

vader519
Nice find JP. Yeah Anakin hasd to be powerful for Palpatine to svae him.

Snakebyte
rofl jedi priestess...funny

pic thread = discussion about anakin
anakin thread = discussion about the pic

big grin

peluffo
"Do what I say, not what i do"

big grin

Cascador
I guess it proves that Darth Vader has a teenie weeniestick out tongue

Darth_Duffy
I've chosen not to read this so could people please make sure they try their best no to give too much away in future threads.

Cheers Guyz & Galz smile

ryano
R these alreadyin fin shots thread

vader519
yes they are.

Jedi Priestess
This is a clear case of not reading what I wrote before posting guys. I put the pictures here because we were discussing them in the finished shots thread and alot of people complain about that. So I thought if I moved those shots that were specific to this thread we could finish the conversation over here. Apparently there are some that would rather finish that conversation there. Thats fine, I just dont ever want to hear any complaning in that thread anymore about there being conversation in there when its for shots only.

Lastly, Peluffo, for someone who professes to have me on ignore, you seem to spend an inordinate amount of time commenting on my posts trying to pick a fight. Unfortunately for you, I'm not going to give you the satisfaction, so please quit wasting yours and the other members time. mwah1

Darth Plagueis
While I think Vader is still powerfull (albeit to a much lessened degree) it also occurs to me that Sidious almost HAD to save him in order to maintain the "always 2 there are" tradition, as he doesn't have any replacements handy, with all the Jedi dead and the Force all out of whack.

Mist
yeah........or something unrelated...

Darth_Nefarus
Well, he had put a lot of work into getting Anakin to join him. In TPM, you see Palpatine pat him on the head and say something along the lines of "I'll be watching your career develop". He's been scheming for years to convert Anakin, to have someone powerful enough to kill all of his enemies for him, yet foolish enough to be beaten like he was. IMHO, Sidious was counting on Anakin's loss to Obi-Wan, that way he could keep him in line. If only he had known about Luke or Leia...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.