The THING VS. The Abomination

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tony Stark
Here is one that i don't think that i've ever seen. Two pure powerhouses. Whom is the WINNER? And Why?

You be the judge.

smokin'

juggernaut74
This is a close fight. Both have fought the Hulk and had the same results. But Abom might be stronger and Ben is a better fighter and on the same level in durability. I gotta go with Ben. Its reallly close though.

Cosmic Cube
Blonsky's atronger than Thing, they're equally as durable, Abom's a little faster, but Ben's a WAY better fighter, and he's got superhuman reflexes and reaction time over Abomination.

I'll take Ben.

theflyxx
I'll take the Abomination.

Emil's much stronger than Ben and also has the healing factor working for him.

BENITO
The thing come on people intelligence

Wonderman
Abomination. Unless Reed Richards is Bens coach in this fight. That is the only way The Thing wins.

moshtitan
depends on how the fight goes. if thing can get it done quick, then fight over, but it would be very possible for A-bom to tire thing out and break him. so to sum it up, the longer the fight goes, the better chance for emil to take it.

Wynndar
It would be a good fight...Thing beat him that same time Jugs beat Thing...but his powers were enhanced at the time. Maybe they will meet again one of these days.

Victor Von Doom
I'd back Abom. Thing is a great fighter but Abom is just too much.

savagerampage
abomination would defeat the thing

King Burger
The Thing is a tough fighter who never gives up. I
give this to him.

Also, unlike Hulk, the Abomination's strength doesn't
increase with anger, so although he may start out
stronger than Ben, he won;t get any stronger like
the Hulk does, which is often what has given the Hulk
vistory in the past.

savagerampage
Abomination isnt an idiot, he may even be smarter then thing

Tony Stark
cool
I think that TheTHING would pull out a hard fought victory. Abom isn't much stronger than Ben if at all. right now. present day.

I think Ben is a much better fighter than Abom is. Who i might add is a BMOFO. I just think Ben's superior skills help him set the other big green machine down.

A hard close fight though.

theflyxx
Originally posted by Tony Stark
Abom isn't much stronger than Ben if at all. right now. present day.

The Abomination is much stronger than the Thing. He's also more durable, not to mention has regenerative and accelerated healing abilities.

Despite the Thing's superior fighting skills, I say that The Abomination is too powerful for Grimm.

Pepito
The Thing is such an overrated character. He's the only superstrong person in a four man team and he's only at class 85

juggernaut74
Aboms healing factor is not gonna help him in this fight. Thing fights with his fists not a gun or a blade of some kind. Thing knocks his green @ss out.

theflyxx
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Aboms healing factor is not gonna help him in this fight. Thing fights with his fists not a gun or a blade of some kind. Thing knocks his green @ss out.

Fists cause injuries, no?

In that case, I'd say that a healing factor will be very handy.

Again, the Abomination is more durable and can take a lot more punishment than the Thing. In terms of sheer power, the Thing is completely outclassed. If anything, it's Grimm that will get his rocky orange @ss knocked out, better brawling skills or not.

juggernaut74
True. But he can still be knocked out and if anybody can do it its Thing.

black wolverine
i have to wit abomination hulk almost almost killed thing on the fantastic four tv show 90's version and abomination is stronger than hulk

long pig
Abom handed hulk his ass on his first appearence....and a few more times....abomination is much stronger than hulks base ....same healing...normal human intelligence.
abom wins with minimal effort.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Pepito
The Thing is such an overrated character. He's the only superstrong person in a four man team and he's only at class 85

The THING is overrated how? and compared to whom.

I think the THING still takes Abom out, like i stated before a hard fought battle.

If we are looking at a power lifting competition, strength is the major factor. Not necessarily in a fight. And the disparity between them in strength is negligible. Ben's the better fighter, has more heart than any other character that comes to mind, and always has his trash talking in tip-top form during any battle.

THING wins.

Draco69
Abom wins. He beat the Hulk several times. Healing factor, Class 100 strength, etc. Thing goes down.

theflyxx
And the Thing always gets punked by the Hulk.

Wynndar
Abomination has been badly wounded in fights with the Hulk...the Thing has never been hurt that bad. Wonderman also beat Abomination when he wasin his previous form; Thing however, trashed Wonderman when he was in that form. And i doubt Thing is still class 85 like it says at marvel directory...that was from 1986, and the Thing gets stronger as more time goes by.

Draco69
He is still Class 85. The new Marvel Encyclopedia says so. Either way the Thing still loses. It's still Hulk vs. the Thing. Just with a different name.

KharmaDog
I go with Abomination, Like previously stated, he has the advantage in strength, healing ability and intelligence. Not to mention he has the mean factor, A-Bom is a mean mofo and would do whatever it takes to take out Thing.

Thing is a scrapper, but he eventually gets his ass handed to him in this on. Good fight though.

Fanboy
Abomination once knocked out the Hulk like Thing never did so Abomination would win.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Fanboy
Abomination once knocked out the Hulk like Thing never did so Abomination would win.

So did Namor. And he can't beat The THING either. (TODAY not in the 60's or the same 60's story re-artisted.)

cool

Sentry
I'm pretty sure Namor beat Thing at least once. Scarlet Spider knows Namor, he could probably clear it up. Oh Abomination wins. Namor will also kick Thing's A$$. stick out tongue

Antmaster
The Thing vs. the Abomination is like Ali vs. Frazier or Foreman.

Both Frazier and Ali were stronger, more savage fighters, but
it was never enough to put down the somewhat physically weaker, but still superier fighter with more skill, wit, and heart.

The Thing is a highly skilled boxer, street fighter, and athlete. If Abomination didn't take him out fast like a young Mike Tyson in a KO. The Thing would beat him.

Tough Guy
abom only as he too is a good fighter aswell as twice as strong, and more inteligent, also guys stead on , i think bom beat hulk once and that was the frst time they met t introduce the character

Tough Guy
wynndar get back on the hulk juggie forums pal

K3VIL
1.Thing is his early appearences was Class 5, then he reached class 85.
It wasn't upgraded since that except for Rocky Thing storyline.

2.Thing's durability comes from his rocky form, Abom's skin is such durable as his rocky form altough when he fight with Hulk the green goliath is much pissed off cause:
Abom once beat him, and no much guys in the MU can say:
I've pummeled Hulk and put him K.O.!
Abom killed betty
Abom is a son of a *****
So Hulk is much baddier with Abom than he is with Hulk.

Abomination has hth skills too, Thing takin WM was just another let the Thing fanboys be happy issue.

Darth Macabre
Abom is just to strong for The Thing. True Grimm is a better fighter and probably has more heart, but its just not enough against pure strength. Plus with Aboms healing factor i'd bet my dollar on Abom.

jrodslam
Originally posted by Tony Stark
So did Namor. And he can't beat The THING either. (TODAY not in the 60's or the same 60's story re-artisted.)

cool

Dont go there with Namor and Thing. Know your history before you speak. Thing is Namors biotch.

Namor series #50, F.F Unlimited #6. All 90's a$$whoopins buddy.

Namor #48 doesnt count cause Thing was mind controlled, but he got owned again.

K3VIL
Wonderman beating Abomination is also the right thing Wyndar.
WM before he become the energy glowing guy was still able to become stronger if he was angrier so Abomination losing to him is believable.

Hulk Power
Thing would get turned into gravel.

Antmaster
Take a look at almost any classic match up between strength and skill in
boxing or ultimate fighting. Strength just doesn't matter if they are within 20% of each other. Training does matter. Abomination is a fighter i.e. he has been in fights. He is not an ex-military, ex. football, ex-wrestler, ex-street fighter TRAINED combatant. Abomination has to KO the Thing with a big punch early. His healing doesn't matter. It never helps him IN the middle of fights, as far as I can tell.

Sugar Ray vs. Roberto Duran, and almost anybody else he fought
Ali vs. Foreman, Frazier
Hollyfield vs. Riddick Bowe
Abom is like Tank Abbott in the early UFC, strong and aggressive, but no match for somewhat less physically strong, highly trained fighters who he couldn't overwhelm and KO early.

The Thing wins 3 out or 5, if they go long. Abomination wins 2 of 5 for the early KO.

K3VIL
This isn't a boxing match, it's comic book world.Abomination in his last fight with Hulk has delivered major strong blows that will shatter Thing's body like a a stone against a piece of glass.
The Thing can keep up then gets beaten, he's a punching ball.
Look at the last fight between FF4 and Dr. Doom.Doom summoned a group or stone made magical monsters who pummeled the "unbeatable unstoppable golden heart rocky guy" beating the crap out of him.

shaolin9976
Where does it say that Abom is stronger than the Hulk?

GalacticStorm
Abomination believe it or not isnt that high in the class 100 stakes. He's not stronger than the likes of thor, she hulk or hercules and while he's stronger than the thing the strength difference isnt significant enough for things superior fighting skills to not gain him a win.

When new enemies are introduced they are always made out to be soo much more of a threat to heroes than they actually are or will be shown to be later on down the line. Do you lot all remmeber rogues1st appearances. She took on the avengers singlehandedly. She later went on to rock the x-men taking the full brunt of storms lightning. Now that just wouldnt and couldnt happen. In the beginning Ab was hulks nemesis and he'd get the better of hulk in their initial encounters. It was his ferocity and cunning in battle which made him so dangerous to the hulk Now however he is nothing to the hulk, just like titania is now nothing to she hulk. Abomination just like collossus and namor has only recently made it into class 100. Before recent times he was considered just below that class because he could not routinely press 100 tons.

WOLVERINEFAN
thing can lift around 85 tons and abomination can lift around 200 tons. a punch from thing wont hurt him but a punch from abomination would kill the thing

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by WOLVERINEFAN
thing can lift around 85 tons and abomination can lift around 200 tons. a punch from thing wont hurt him but a punch from abomination would kill the thing

Not quite right. Dont always listen to figures spouted around on these forums. Most of the time theyre not actually right. Judge for yourself from reading Marvels official bios and all of the relevant characters comic appearances

xmarksthespot
Someone said that the 200 tons figure was a one off due to external influence.

olympian
He was in his very first appearance. He was class 200 ( twice hulks strengh ) and handle him his ass.

Nowadays he seems a solid class 100 guy with ben being a low class 100 too.

I give this to Ben, more figthing spirit, strong enough to go with it and alot more skill than Abom.

WOLVERINEFAN
all u need is size and strength in this battle

olympian
"Someone said that the 200 tons figure was a one off due to external influence."

yeah that was on another appearance, maybe it was the Leader who augment his strengh to class 200 again?

I think thats when Hulk started to beat him all the time and the jobbing started...:P

shaolin9976
It will be tough for Thing to wins this one...not only is Abomination stronger he is also faster...the only thing this fight will last is because Thing is more of a skilled fighter, and he doesn't give up that easy..but when it's all said and done Abom wins this one just by outlasting the Thing...

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Someone said that the 200 tons figure was a one off due to external influence.

It was me stick out tongue

Yeah it was outside influence. Ab was augmented by the galaxy master who wanted hulk dealt with. This instance and only this instance was abomination twice as strong as the hulk. Hulk was losing obviously until he got mad and as usual he thrashed abomination after his anger made up for the difference.

I think that one instance has confused quite a few people on this forum.

Abomination is stronger than a calm hulk who starts off at around classs 75 with abs being class 100. He is not under his own power and never has been twice as strong as the hulk

shaolin9976
Abomination is beyound class 100 in strength level...its true according to Marvel Encyc...my favorite resource for this kind of facts.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by shaolin9976
Abomination is beyound class 100 in strength level...its true according to Marvel Encyc...my favorite resource for this kind of facts.

Three is no beyond class 100 level my friend. Everyone who can lift in excess of 100 tons is put in class 100 where abomination is, just like i said earlier

shaolin9976
That's what I mean..he can lift more than 100 tons...so you can put him in that class...excuse me for my raw knowledge of classes.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by shaolin9976
That's what I mean..he can lift more than 100 tons...so you can put him in that class...excuse me for my raw knowledge of classes.

Nah its cool

I did actually say in one of my posts that ab has recently made it into class 100 wheras before he was just outside it because he couldnt routinely press 100 tons

K3VIL
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
It was me stick out tongue

Yeah it was outside influence. Ab was augmented by the galaxy master who wanted hulk dealt with. This instance and only this instance was abomination twice as strong as the hulk. Hulk was losing obviously until he got mad and as usual he thrashed abomination after his anger made up for the difference.

I think that one instance has confused quite a few people on this forum.

Abomination is stronger than a calm hulk who starts off at around classs 75 with abs being class 100. He is not under his own power and never has been twice as strong as the hulk
Abomination was able to lift 200 tons then Banner depowered him with a gamma ray absorption device.Abomination was enhanced from the Galaxy Master then depowered again.In his last fight with Hulk, he showed his own pretty well until he pissed off him talkin of Betty, it' obvious he was back to near 200 tons lifting abilities from what he was doing to Hulk

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by K3VIL
In his last fight with Hulk, he showed his own pretty well until he pissed off him talkin of Betty, it' obvious he was back to near 200 tons lifting abilities from what he was doing to Hulk

Just Speculation which has no place here. Many people have had the upper hand in battle with hulk until his anger granted him sufficient strength to deal with the situation. Until its stated by marvel you cant just assume he can lift 200 tons again because he does well in a fight with the hulk. Thats ridiculous. So has the thing and he's class 85.

K3VIL
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Just Speculation which has no place here. Many people have had the upper hand in battle with hulk until his anger granted him sufficient strength to deal with the situation. Until its stated by marvel you cant just assume he can lift 200 tons again because he does well in a fight with the hulk. Thats ridiculous. So has the thing and he's class 85.
The Thing made the Hulk bleeding?
When?

GalacticStorm
The Thing made the Hulk bleeding?
When?

Abominations stronger than thing so of course he's going to do more damage in a fight. Come on K3 thats to be expected. Its still really naive and quite unfounded to state on these forums that abomination can now suddenly lift 200 tons cos he does well in a fight with hulk.

olympian
But didnt the hulk won that fight where he was enchanted by the galaxy master?

Dang this class thing sometimes is confusing, as far as im concerned anyone who can lift above 100 tons should be able to lift anything earth based.

And i still give it to Ben. handbooks aside in comics he has been portraited as a very low class 100. Perhaps between the 95-100 range more like it. And Abom in this fight isent in his original 200 class but average ( right? )

Strengh, heart and skill goes to the Thing.

GalacticStorm
Im guessing it wasnt actually stated that abomination could lift 200 tons in the begining was it K3? Thats just a figure you've come up with because in his initial encounter he was stronger than the hulk . Well until hulk got angry that is.

Fair enough if you want to use that figure for when Ab was doubled in strength by the GM but why state false figures on this forum for others to pick up and use as if theyre fact.

K3VIL
I'm assuming that.
Abomination in his first appearence beat the crap outta Hulk.
So happened in the last, he dominated for most of the fight.
Until he started talking about Betty's death, causing Hulk to get so mad he reduced his face to a chunk of flesh and skin and throwed him against a helycopter.
Abomination's strenght fluctuates based on the use the writers wanna make with him.
Thing is not a Class 100 or 95.Marvel never stated that.

GalacticStorm
I'm assuming that.
Abomination in his first appearence beat the crap outta Hulk.
So happened in the last, he dominated for most of the fight.
Until he started talking about Betty's death, causing Hulk to get so mad he reduced his face to a chunk of flesh and skin and throwed him against a helycopter.
Abomination's strenght fluctuates based on the use the writers wanna make with him.
Thing is not a Class 100 or 95.Marvel never stated that.

As ive already said, villains tend to be portrayed as a lot more dangerous in their initial appearances than they ever will be again. The heroes after time get their measure and eventually learn how to deal with them.

Hulk was used to having no equal in terms of strength then along came Ab who was considerably stronger than hulks base level and was a communist operative a trained fighter. Compare that to Banner lol. Hulk just relied on his strength t get him through in those days(although these days his skills have improved) For these reasons abomination messed up hulk in their initial encounter.

After more encounters hulk got abs measure and would go on to consistently thrash him.

For no reason whatsoever should you assume that abomination could lift up 200 tons in those days. That simply was not the case. You really shouldnt put up unfounded figures out there on the forum for people to pick up and believe.

Yeah. So Ab messed hulk up a bit in their last fight. Its been a little while and when hulk was enraged enough he went on to beat Abominatin as per usual. Theres no reason there to assume Ab is suddenly of 200 ton lifitng ability because of that. Come on K3 thats really silly.

Also. Why do you keep telling me that thing isnt class 100? I KNOW. I havent said otherwise. Read my posts properly and you'd know that

shaolin9976
Thing's strength level is 6 out of 7....and 6 = 75 to 100 Tons

olympian
He is up there. As far as i see, thing is strong enough to make a win together with other factors.

I put him on the lower class of the best bricks at marvel. Problem is while Abom is slighty stronger he isent more skilled. Nor is he the better fighter of the two. Again im talking on the average portraits of them, handbooks aside.

Btw besides the first fight where he destroyed the hulk, did he won other fights against the Hulk?

Antmaster
We should all start mailing Marvel to have the match up actually done in a comic. It is a classic match up between two 'monsters' one a rocky 'thing', the other an 'abomination' to humanity. One regret's his transformation the other embraces it.

olympian
Damn sure!

Abom needs a win again -spoilers-

After being trashed by Hercules with one punch mmmm devil

yahman
Hi I'm new to this forum, and Ive only just worked out how to reply to your statements, so go easy on me. (please)

I'm not too clued up on the rules of what not to write, and I'm far to idle to read the Rules folder. So in advance I apologies for any future offence my threads may cause. Sorry about the bad English and appalling spelling as well. I'm Dislexy thingy, so i have an excuse.

Any way back to the matter in hand, i believe that marvel should do away with the whole strength class system. D.C. comics has no limits set on it's characters. Yet most readers would be able to give a definitive scale of where their characters stand against one another.

I also believe that the system has put to much restraint upon the artists. As they are having to consider the Characters limitations when drawing them.

There is also a great lack of consistency. The other day I read a comic where Ben Grimm stopped a commuter train weighing far in excess of 85 tons. I've also seen characters such as Ulik ( A class 90 character, or level 6 by the new marvel system ) match Thor who has inconsistently shown he can lift objects way over 100 tons.

When considering this fight i think you have to consider the other factors, such as Abominations spy training and his ruthless cunning. You also have to consider the fact that Benn has been beaten to within an inch of his life and still carried on fighting, against opponents Far stronger than Abomination (E.G. Champion with the power gem, Hulk when very angry, Gladiator)

olympian
I agree with that. It was because of this whole " characters can only lift this much class" that made the general comic reader think that Dc heroes are more powerful.

lets take the example of my fav hero herc.

He goes from wrestling a lion ( a nasty one but still ) from battling gods, overpowering death itself, figthing thypon and zeus, and holding the heavens on his back.

Marvel top tier heroes should do what Dc heroes do. Overpowering things according to the storie and what any common sense says. Supes can do pretty much everything earth based but no on is going to say he can beat God.

Marvel top tiers ( the so called class 100 ) should lift anything earth based. Dc ones also. That doesnt mean they can lift the universe and planets. Its all common sense.

Or then again it should be.

yahman
Exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I mean comic writers aren't morons, (Well some of them any way)
They are un likely to let it get out of hand like they did with Superman. (Pre Crisis)

Look at the Ultimate universe. There are no official strength levels attached to that (yet) and we already seen Colossus lift a Submarine and stop an oncoming train. Those are two of my favourite images from the whole series.

From my limited comic experience, i find Marvel Comics to be superior than D.C. except for one aspect. If you ever read a JLA, Superman or even Batman comic you are likely to see a character performing an impressive feat of strength. (Some of which are a bit over the top like three people using chains of metal to move the moon out of orbit).

You have to go a long way back in any marvel comic to see anything that is in the least bit impressive. I mean throwing cars and up rooting trees is great, but pretty much any one who is any one can do that in the D.C. universe. I just don't think super strength in Marvel is that SUPER anymore.

olympian
Dc has a big disavantage. Any feat pre-crisis doesnt hold any candle anymore. Marvel never had that. Thors feats in the 60`s or 80`s still come to play because its in continuaty.

Things is even post crisis Dc heroes perfom more feats and in a almost weekly basis. Marvel with the class limitation and theyr basis in making theyr heroes more human and easy to relate, dont.

Thats why we have to endure pll saying for example WW is stronger than Herc when she on her own never did a atrenght feat that gets in that level. But because Marvel doesnt showcase great feats for along time, and ww does more currently, the line of thinking goes this way.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by yahman
I just don't think super strength in Marvel is that SUPER anymore. What about speed?

Everybody in Marvel can do some crazy stuff when it comes to speed.

Then kgkg says that Superman can barely go mach 1.

yahman
From what Ive seen from Marvel They tend to suggest Super speed with Quotes from opponents and bystanders rather than doing that cool blurry image thing they do in D.C.

Such an effect is only applied to Speedsters such as Quicksilver and that Dude who use to be part of Alpha Flight and is now with the X-Men
I have a comic where Darksied is about to hit Batman and it makes it quite evident that he is moving in super speed.

But i do believe that characters such as Thor and Thanos do have some form of Super speed. And I'm not talking about their transport devices.

Superman moving at only Mach 1, What the F@~#k!!!!!!!!!!
Mann he moves way faster than that in the Small ville series which is a down powered version of supes. At least in the strength department any way.

Marvel characters are though suggested as being more realistic which does mean no ridiculous moving at F.T.L by running.
Sorry Wally.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by snoopdogg
What about speed?

Everybody in Marvel can do some crazy stuff when it comes to speed.

Then kgkg says that Superman can barely go mach 1.

Yeah right. Thor supposedly has superspeed (according to Marvel.) Marvel almost never uses a character's speed in fights, which causes one to ponder whether or not they possess it. It seems that Marvel is only really concerned with a character's traveling speed.

yahman
'Yeah right. Thor supposedly has superspeed (according to Marvel.) Marvel almost never uses a character's speed in fights, which causes one to ponder whether or not they possess it. It seems that Marvel is only really concerned with a character's traveling speed.'-Cosmic Cube

Yeah what he said !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

snoopdogg
Originally posted by yahman
'Yeah right. Thor supposedly has superspeed (according to Marvel.) Marvel almost never uses a character's speed in fights, which causes one to ponder whether or not they possess it. It seems that Marvel is only really concerned with a character's traveling speed.'-Cosmic Cube

Yeah what he said !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thor has a speed rating of 7 due to his dimension travel.

ZephroCarnelian
Yeah - it can be very misleading at times with their speed ratings.

yahman
There are the odd references about Thor moving faster than Lighting when in combat but i can't remember who made them.

I might be sticking my neck out a bit by saying this but i kinda of prefer it that way.

'Yeah right. Thor supposedly has super speed (according to Marvel.) Marvel almost never uses a character's speed in fights, which causes one to ponder whether or not they possess it. It seems that Marvel is only really concerned with a character's traveling speed.'-Cosmic Cube

Super Speed is far to much of an advantage. With it it should be technically possible to beat any Supervillan who doesn't have it.Speed though is important for transport and should be used in combat by those who are not power houses. Giving it to people like Wonder Woman and Superman makes them logically unbeatable.

Tony Stark
marvel.com says Aboms FGHT SKLL is a 2 to Ben's 5

Ben is the better fighter Ben wins cool

grey fox
The abomination turns thing into crazy paving

olympian
Ben has always been one of the best fighers of the bricks. And you dont need marvel.com to see that. Comics show it. thats how he broke Champions ribs while all the others that wer there couldnt.

yahman
Wasn't Abom a spy for the KGB once though?

Im sure he was given combat training in that. It would also explain why he used to be able to hold his own against the Hulk for so long.

Has Abom ever lifted anything that Heavy?

Benn though is a bloody good fighter although getting a punch on Champion is probably not as hard as Champ makes out. I mean he was beaten by She Hulk.

K3VIL
Thor has a speed rating of 7 due to his dimension travel.
Thor moves fast as the lightning he controls, stated from Adam Warlock during an issue.
Thor has superhuman speed.

yahman
I Agree with you

But that level 7 is not in reference to that.
Doesn't Level 7 mean F.T.L which Lightning isn't

olympian
"Has Abom ever lifted anything that Heavy?"

thats.....interesting, aside the beating he gave to the Hulk in is very first appearance what feats of strengh he does have....

GalacticStorm
"Benn though is a bloody good fighter although getting a punch on Champion is probably not as hard as Champ makes out. I mean he was beaten by She Hulk."

She hulk has had a recent upgrade. It was the upgraded she hulk who fought champ and she has been shown to be more than twice as strong as the thing, considerably stronger than hercules and therefore one of the physically strongest heroes on the planet with only an enraged hulk being stronger than her out of the heroes on earth.

Antmaster
The drift seems to be that Abom. takes the Thing with somewhat superior strength despite Grimm's excellent combat skills, and roughly even durability.

I still say Thing wins 3 of 5, like Ali over Foreman.

Take a similar difference in strength, skill, and mental toughness like the Vulture vs. the Falcon (with jet wings). The Vulture is a lot stronger with his harness than Falcon, and flies just as good or better than Falcon, but Falcon (like the Thing vs. Abom.) is a better fighter, smarter, and as manuverable in the air. Would Vulture win?
No way.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Antmaster
The drift seems to be that Abom. takes the Thing with somewhat superior strength despite Grimm's excellent combat skills, and roughly even durability.

I still say Thing wins 3 of 5, like Ali over Foreman.

Take a similar difference in strength, skill, and mental toughness like the Vulture vs. the Falcon (with jet wings). The Vulture is a lot stronger with his harness than Falcon, and flies just as good or better than Falcon, but Falcon (like the Thing vs. Abom.) is a better fighter, smarter, and as manuverable in the air. Would Vulture win?
No way.

I concur! cool

Adam Warlock
Originally posted by Fishy 500
I Agree with you

But that level 7 is not in reference to that.
Doesn't Level 7 mean F.T.L which Lightning isn't

Thor's flight speed is 7.

Oh, Abomination wins this match.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Adam Warlock
Thor's flight speed is 7.

Oh, Abomination wins this match. Thats cause of the hammer. Without it he isnt much faster than the Hulk.

Adam Warlock
Thats cause of the hammer. Without it he isnt much faster than the Hulk.

He's still powerful without it. Take away a GL's ring and their chumps. Take away Quasar's bands and he's powerless except for the fact that he's immortal. Take away the Mjolnir, he could still go toe to toe with powerhouses. He can also still summon god blasts without the Mjolnir like how he killed Durok.

NoFate007
I'd give this to Abomination. Thing never really impressed me. He always seemed just a step above Rhino.

Ultimate Hulk43
I give this one to the Abomination although the Thing could give him a sturdy fight if he plays his cards right.

godking
Thing wins this Abomination is not that much more powerful that he would overpower Thing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.