Storm vs Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

long pig
I've seen lately a lot of people on the x-men forum talk how storm "killed" hulk very easy...and theyre saying hulk is hardly a match for storm....you know who you are...ahem......i know what i think but i would like to know what everyone else thinks.

Cosmic Cube
Hah. Storm. Killed Hulk. Hah.

Hulk would ignore her lightning bolts, jump into the air, and tackle her to the Earth.

stormfront13
ino hulk would win but in the onslaught saga she killed him without even breakin a sweat. she just sent lightning into his head and killed him. then she revived him by jumpstartin his heart. but in anither fight imo hilk wins.

long pig
stormfront...how did it happen? obviously it did...right?

Swanky-Tuna
I think the way they explained it was it was just a huge bolt of lightning. Seems kind of silly to me.

long pig
the hulk has been hit with nukes....christ allmighty...storm wouldnt have even the slightest chance....hulk can jump higher than storm can fly.

Alpha Centauri
People seriously need to stop massaging the X-Men.

It's getting rather tedious. Spider-Man took out the X-Men.

-AC

long pig
Originally posted by stormfront13
in the onslaught saga she killed him without even breakin a sweat.
dude....justt......dude

BENITO
HULK will win

Wonderman
Well she could create some blanket lightning and wrap him up in it then feed her own creation. I think that'd slow him down a bit.

Alpha Centauri
This isn't about who would slow down who. It's about who would win.

That being Hulk

-AC

sky shadow
the hulk will win im look at this image
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v417/theflyxx/marvel/hulk71.jpg
hes way to strong and he will win Happy Dance

sky shadow
and this one

Nightstick
As much as I hate to say it. If Storm has A) Done it at least once, and
B) Defeated Wonder Woman. It is a indicater that she can defeat Hulk. How ever while she is capable of it, it seems her regular preformance would indicate she would lose more often then she would win.

Hegemon875
Hey dont count out storm she could make it rain really hard, then the fight would have to be cancelled.

DarkCrawler
He defeated WW in DC VS Marvel. That doesn't count because it was fan-voted.

Wonderman
All right i was being humble. She could generate a hurricane force blast wind and stuff it down his throat...at the same time she did the lightning and dryed him out like the worst desert scene you ever seen.
She might crumble him to dust.

Wonderman
While she snuffed out the Human Torch, turned the Thing into a brick oven and tossed the Invisible Women into outerspace.

Wonderman
And then at the next Mutant Pride Parade there'd be a gigantic Hulk ballon

Nightstick
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
He defeated WW in DC VS Marvel. That doesn't count because it was fan-voted.

If by he you mean Storm. Even if we ignore the out come of the Wonder Woman vs Storm bout, then will are still left with the impression that the creator believe them to be in the same power range, or the bout would have never been set up. Further more the fight did take place on the printed page and was supported by both sets of creators which means it should hold more sway then the speculation of online debaters.

Alpha Centauri
It wasn't supported, it was judged by who people wanted to see fight. Hence why the main bout was Hulk/Superman.

Either way, ridiculous match, Hulk beat down Storm AND Cable on his own.

Wait...........look at the thread title, Storm Vs Hulk. Ridiculous.

-AC

stormfront13
yeah storm is powerful but i don't think she is capable of takig down the hulk

ZephroCarnelian
The Hulk is way way out of her power range.

Didn't Storm get pasted by Thor? Now HE's a match for the Hulk, lol.

Don't get me wrong, I like the X-Men as much as the next guy, but they're starting to get very overrated by some people.

Alpha Centauri
Starting to? It started with Rogue Vs Hulk. Then slowly declined into Gambit Vs Doom.

-AC

stormfront13
in the onslaught saga i was glad storm beat hulk but it was SERIOUSLY bad writing. if people read comics then they would know storm loses to the hulk. the hulk is like ther hardest person to take down

Arachnoidfreak
OMG! Wonderman is Asian Hulk in a different outfit!

It's gotta be, noone else I've ever seen has that speech pattern

illadelph12
"in the onslaught saga i was glad storm beat hulk but it was SERIOUSLY bad writing. if people read comics then they would know storm loses to the hulk. the hulk is like ther hardest person to take down"

I don't know. People use bad writing for the reason Hulk can defeat Gladiator, why shouldn't Storm benefit from the same thing? The Marvel writers already showed she is capable of defeating Hulk by frying Hulk's brain, just as Hulk can defeat Gladiator by miraculously knowing Gladiator is vulnerable to some forms of radiation (though he flies through space, blackholes, wormholes, stars, etc unprotected and is bombarded with various forms of radiation constantly), and somehow that form of radiation was generated by a nuclear reactor on Earth that Hulk chokeslammed Gladiator into.

Bad writing lets Hulk beat Gladiator (though Gladiator would win realistically).

Bad writing lets Storm beat Hulk (though Hulk would win realistically).

It happened in the comics continuity, and in this forum characters are supposed to be considered to go all out.

Since Marvel already showed Storm defeating Hulk, and people used that same argument for Hulk defeating Gladiator...

I vote for Storm.

Alpha Centauri
I knew someone would have to actually be different.

Storm cannot beat The Hulk.

The thing is, you admit that Hulk would beat Storm realistically and that it was bad writing when she did him in with the lightning.

Gladiator was created by some dude who's name I forget, to have every power in the book. He's like a Superman, cheap for no reason. The same guy who created him had Gambit beat him with a pack of cards, does that mean Gambit can beat Gladiator? No it doesn't, why? Coz he wouldn't.

Same applies to Storm and Hulk.

I already know this is gonna be another thread where the X-Men and it's members get overrated and debated pointlessly when we know that Hulk wins this fight.

-AC

illadelph12
laughing

I know Alpha. I'm just saying that if the "It happened in the comics" argument can make Hulk defeat Gladiator, why not Storm?

And really, though if Hulk got his hands on Storm he'd crush her, what's to stop her from lifting him up in a tornado and pulling off every attack in her arsenal on him while he's defensless? Characters are considered to go all out in this forum, right? Hulk only weighs a little over a half ton, she could just keep him off his feet with mach 2 and up velocity winds, or trap him in a giant water wizard and keep channelling lightning through it. It might not put him down, but it would keep him at bay. Storm could force a draw or drown him if you really think about it.

Arachnoidfreak
Hulk CAN defeat Gladiator.

That's the difference.

Swanky-Tuna
Wouldn't a thunderclap knock her right out of the air?

Alpha Centauri
Hulk can't be drown, to add to that.

We're talking about The Hulk, Thanos is scared of The Hulk. Storm isn't winning anyhow.

-AC

moshtitan
hulk. hulks kept up with the likes of thor, and in the contest of champions thor disposes of storm with ease. and if hulk keeps up thor, GOD of thunder, storm will meet a quick end.

Victor Von Doom
Well let us take a step back here.

Storm can apparently beat Hulk and Doom.

Rogue can apparently beat Hulk.

Have people stopped being able to think rationally?

I don't read all the X-Men titles, does one of them have some sort of cult brainwashing going on, or special ink that when it rubs off on your hands, it drugs you, then you think ANY X Man can beat ANY other person?

Hulk.

People should stop quoting Storm 'beating' Hulk without context. Hulk single handedly was destroying Storm AND Cable, then to give them their most realistic chance of respite, Storm hit him with a huge bolt of lightning, stopping his heart. They then restarted it- who's to say he would have remained in that state? The man has had all the flesh removed from his body.

Yes, it IS a different thing, but so what. Anyone that thinks Hulk healing required a defibrillator or adrenalin shot is obviously delusional.

illadelph12
laughing

You guys are missing the point. I know Hulk would crush Storm, but in order to do so, he'd have to get his hands on her. In this forum a character is to be considered to go all out in order to achieve victory. Storm has the ability to keep the Hulk at bay for however long she wishes with her powers, and stopping Hulk's heart, though it may not kill him, is a knockout. It may only take Hulk a punch or a tossed boulder to kill her, but he has to land the attack to do so, and if Storm is going all out, Hulk isn't going to get close to her, she can literally just blow him off his feet and away, and though it won't kill him, it makes his attacks pointless.

Alpha Centauri
Storm has the ability to keep Hulk at bay? Where do you get that idea?

You're giving her WAYYYYYYYYY too much credit. Blow him off his feet and away? We're talking about The Incredible Hulk, not Hulk Hogan.

Hulk has what it takes to grab her if Spider-Man could do it.

Why are we even debating it? If two football teams are playing, one is the best in the world, the other is just an ok team. You could say "The OK team will win." "How?" "Pass to this guy, then that guy, then dodge around the goalkeeper and score. Keep doing it."

Yes that would achieve a win but the liklihood of that happening? Extremely unlikely.

Same with Storm. "She could do this, do that, do this, then bam". Yeah but so what? She isn't going to.

If I made a baseball team of all English players and went to play the Yankees, I could say "We can win easy. Just keep hitting the ball into the stands". Yes, that would achieve a win, but the likihood of doing so? Zero.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
Yeah. Wind will blow back The Hulk. Or a tossed boulder backed by the Hulk's strength will be countered by this Insta-Hurricane.

stormfront13
ok i love storm hence my name but even I can admit she will lose to the hulk. this fight might last like a few minutes byt in the end hulk wins

Quick Freeze
just because hulk has impenatrable skin doesnt mean he doesnt have any nerves. it seems more than rational that several lightning bolts to the head would AT LEAST pinch a few nerves in his brain rendering him unconcsious if not killing him. electicity is a powerful weapon. more powerful than brute strength in my opinion. why do think electro has been blown so much out of proportion? i dont see anyway gambit can beat doom, and if hulk crushes rougue's skull before she aborbes any powers than of course it lights out. but storm is somewhat of a god. the fact that she even faced WW in marvel vs dc shows her worthyness. other than the greys i'd say she's the most powerful x-man. and when spidey took out the x-men storm wasnt there

stormfront13
you may be right but the hulk is seriously powerful. it would take like a milion lightning bolts to hurt him. storm is super powerful but i think the hulk is a tad bit stronger

Alpha Centauri
Hulk has infinite strength, he isn't a tad bit stronger.

This isn't up for debate by the way. Storm loses. If you think otherwise, you're stupid, yes stupid.

Marvel VS DC isn't credible, it was a fan voted crossover. Venom fought Superman in one of them, nuff said.

Hulk wins, it's just how things go.

-AC

stormfront13
AC by tad bit stronger i meant power wise, not strength cause the hulk so so much stronger than storm it's not even funny.

This isn't up for debate by the way. Storm loses. If you think otherwise, you're stupid, yes stupid.

you said that and if you had read the posts then you would know that i laready said that storm would lose- i lose storm hence my nsme but she is gonna los.

Alpha Centauri
I wasn't talking to you with that line. Was speaking in general.

Hulk, with all of his powers combined, is in a complete other league. Power wise.

-AC

stormfront13
oh k well you usually insult me so i thought you were speakin to me

Alpha Centauri
I don't, I say stuff that you take as an insult.

Let's not get into that.

-AC

illadelph12
laughing

Alpha, you're still missing the point which really surprises me considering how intelligent you are.

First off, in this forum, unless specfied by the thread starter, each character is to be considered to go all out with their abilities. So your "Storm wouldn't do that" counters are nullified. You should consider her to do anything she could in her capacity to win, just as the Hulk should be.

In a purely physical confrontation, Hulk dominates just about everyone. Storm shouldn't be considered to brawl with him, she should be considered to act in what ever manner grants her the best chance of winning.

Once Hulk leaves the ground and is airborne, all the anger, strength, healing factor, etc. in the world doesn't change the fact he just becomes an airborne object weighing in at just over half a ton for Storm to blow away with a gust of mach force wind. If Hulk has no ground to stand on, his strength, even if limitless, is a mute issue.

I know Hulk is superior to Storm. That's a no brainer. The thing is, Storm has a vast tactical advantage over him, which is better than a physical power advantage. She could just keep him away from herself or trap him in a tornado a few hundred feet above ground and channel all the eletricity the Earth's atmospheric polarity can muster into his head. If it KOs him, she wins, if not, she just keeps him away from her and blasts anything he throws at her with wind and lightning.

Basically, she can force a draw if she can't win.

stormfront13
ill might have a point but the hulk is the best of the best

Wonderman
Now that I consider it. Truth be told, a gamma blast didn't kill Dr. Banner. When i was considering Storm I was considering her as an Elemental Godess, not the scientific table of elements but Elemental in the sense of Weather of course.
Now that Banner is Hulk, which i'm going to watch on tv right now, I guess it would take a great...great deal more than gamma level destruction to hurt the Hulk.
I apologize for my err. Obviously I underrated the Hulk's durability.
I guess it's almost to the point if the Hulk locks his eyes on you your done for.

illadelph12
Not exactly...

stormfront13
idk now that i think about it if he can't touch her he can;t win. but still hulk is too powerful he should win

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by illadelph12
First off, in this forum, unless specfied by the thread starter, each character is to be considered to go all out with their abilities. So your "Storm wouldn't do that" counters are nullified. You should consider her to do anything she could in her capacity to win, just as the Hulk should be.

Are they? Since when? I've never seen anyone repeatedly stroll into a thread and say "Yeah well they're both going all out". That's a new one to me.

:In a purely physical confrontation, Hulk dominates just about everyone. Storm shouldn't be considered to brawl with him, she should be considered to act in what ever manner grants her the best chance of winning.

Yeah, how? It's Storm the X-Woman Vs The Incredible Hulk. Let's remind ourselves of that fact. She has no best chance of winning.

:Once Hulk leaves the ground and is airborne, all the anger, strength, healing factor, etc. in the world doesn't change the fact he just becomes an airborne object weighing in at just over half a ton for Storm to blow away with a gust of mach force wind. If Hulk has no ground to stand on, his strength, even if limitless, is a mute issue.

He's still got momentum. Momentum of Hulk flying through the air isn't gonna be moved by some hurricane. Plus the fact that she can't just do em instantly ANYWAY. Why is this still going on?

:I know Hulk is superior to Storm. That's a no brainer. The thing is, Storm has a vast tactical advantage over him, which is better than a physical power advantage. She could just keep him away from herself or trap him in a tornado a few hundred feet above ground and channel all the eletricity the Earth's atmospheric polarity can muster into his head. If it KOs him, she wins, if not, she just keeps him away from her and blasts anything he throws at her with wind and lightning.

Where do you get this idea that Storm is tactical enough to beat Hulk? She teamed with one of the worlds most powerful psychics and got her butt whooped by Hulk. Why are you adding to the ridiculosity of it all by saying that wind could keep him away? The man shrugs off ocean pressure, wind is gonna do nothing but tickle him. Storm loses, either way. Could she buy some time? Yes. Would it matter? No.

Basically, she can force a draw if she can't win.

She can't. She's not gonna stand there fighting the Hulk to no avail. Hulk's not going anywhere. Who's gonna retreat first? Yes. Exactly.

Hulk wins. Undoubtedly.

-AC

long pig
hulk cant drown? is the new?
every bio (granted, bios arent really the best source) says he can hold his breath for very large amounts of time...hes by no means aqua hulk.

Alpha Centauri
"The Hulk has been seen on the ocean floor a number of times and is able to breathe due to his body developing a gland which creates an oxygenated perfluorocarbon emulsion which fills his lungs and equalizes the pressure. He is therefore able to breathe fluid and avoid decompression and nitrogen narcosis."

-AC

long pig
illbedamned
ya know there is liquid that is being made now that you can actually inhale.
and it gives you oxygen without drowning you.
pretty rad.
anyways im O-T

illadelph12
laughing

Alpha, read this, it was posted by Tron in the forum rules thread:

"It is assumed that each contestant will fight to his/her best ability, but still within the character's personality, unless specified otherwise. That means they will use any powers at their disposal. For example, even though The Flash doesn't clock each of his own opponents in the first picosecond in his own comic, it is assumed that is a viable tactic on this board since it is a proven fact that he possesses that level of speed.
It is also assumed that the characters fight at their optimum levels of ability - not explicitly weakened or unusually powered up for those who have variable power levels."

Tron states that unless otherwise specified, characters used in battles are to be considered to be going full bore with their powers. That's the point I'm trying to make man.

As far as tactical advantages, Storm was the leader of Xmen Blue and Gold Teams at points in the comic continuity, and Professor X gave her lead over both teams for a while when Cyclops wasn't up for the job, so she must have some kind of tactical ability. Her powers allow her to fight out of Hulk's reach, but attack with her full arsenal, as well as take away Hulk's visibility with a dense fog, that's a great tactical advantage.

Now, Storm has already stopped Hulk's heart with lightning IN the comics...

I know Hulk is stronger than Storm.

I know Hulk is (physically) more powerful than Storm.

I know Hulk is more durable than Storm.

I know Hulk in his Professor Hulk persona is smarter than Storm.

All that is a mute point when Storm has the ability to trap Hulk in a tornado and suspend him up in the air, and then does what she pleases to him, then tosses him away when she either knocks him out with lightning, or realizes her attacks are pointless and that she can't kill/incapacitate him, so she freezes him in a block of ice and deposits him somewhere then flies away. He may keep coming, but she can just keep repelling him, attacking, and regrouping.

As for you saying :

"She can't. She's not gonna stand there fighting the Hulk to no avail. Hulk's not going anywhere. Who's gonna retreat first? Yes. Exactly."

If this is a boundless deathmatch, and she can't kill Hulk like she did in the comics, she could still counter anything he tries to do, so I guess her dying of old age counts as a win for Hulk.

If it's just a who can incapacitate the other match, or if the fight has a ring and boundaries, Hulk is going to have a seriously hard time getting his hands on Storm to do anything. She could blow him out the ring, suspend him above the ring in a tornado, etc.

If it's a boxing match, Hulk beats her like Ike did Tina. One punch. Maybe even just a flick of his pinky takes her out.

All powers at play, infinite strength and endurance aren't much when your opponent can keep you off your feet and themselves out of your reach.

Khellendros
Kids, it alrady f*cking happened. She killed Hulk. She had to shock his heart with another lightning bolt to restart his heart. He. Was. Dead. Whine and call it crappy writing if you want, but it's already happened in a comic.

illadelph12
"Where do you get this idea that Storm is tactical enough to beat Hulk? She teamed with one of the worlds most powerful psychics and got her butt whooped by Hulk. Why are you adding to the ridiculosity of it all by saying that wind could keep him away? The man shrugs off ocean pressure, wind is gonna do nothing but tickle him. Storm loses, either way. Could she buy some time? Yes. Would it matter? No."

Alpha, there's a big difference between being able to withstand the pressures at the bottom of the ocean, and being swept away and suspended in the air by a tornado. Completely different dynamics. Once Hulk leaves the ground and becomes airborne, he only weighs a little over a half ton. A tornado can rip a house off it's foundation, uproot trees, lift and toss a herd of cattle, a trailer, a truck and/or car. Cows, trailers, and some trucks and trees weigh more than the Hulk. Hulk could hold on to something if it were available, but that object had better be firmly planted in the ground.

Alpha Centauri
Tron states that unless otherwise specified, characters used in battles are to be considered to be going full bore with their powers. That's the point I'm trying to make man.

I understood your point, the point I made was that not everyone adheres to it. Otherwise fights would get very boring. To add to that, Hulk has no known "full bore", unlimited strength and all that.

As far as tactical advantages, Storm was the leader of Xmen Blue and Gold Teams at points in the comic continuity, and Professor X gave her lead over both teams for a while when Cyclops wasn't up for the job, so she must have some kind of tactical ability. Her powers allow her to fight out of Hulk's reach, but attack with her full arsenal, as well as take away Hulk's visibility with a dense fog, that's a great tactical advantage.

Why is this still being discussed? She lead the X-Men, so? Captain America leads The Avengers and The Ultimates, still got whooped by Hulk. Fog isn't instant, I don't know why Storm fans assume it is. or why it is a match ender, for that matter.

Walking on the bottom of the ocean doesn't exactly have the greatest visibility. Hulk does it.

We all know Storm's not gonna win, why continue?

Now, Storm has already stopped Hulk's heart with lightning IN the comics...

Also, as said by Victor: He's also had all the flesh burnt off him. He can technically regrow a whole heart, that lightning bolt wouldn't have stopped him. They CHOSE to revive him, he would have got up anyway. Besides, he was single-handedly whooping her and Cable. The fact that out of desperation she took him out for a bit doesn't matter, coz he would have came back to fight.

All that is a mute point when Storm has the ability to trap Hulk in a tornado and suspend him up in the air, and then does what she pleases to him, then tosses him away when she either knocks him out with lightning, or realizes her attacks are pointless and that she can't kill/incapacitate him, so she freezes him in a block of ice and deposits him somewhere then flies away. He may keep coming, but she can just keep repelling him, attacking, and regrouping.

Why is everyone assuming that Storm's wind can solve any problem now? Why are you even getting into that? It's Storm.....Vs The Hulk. You are basically giving us ways that she can evade with her life, not win the fight. Ice-Man froze Hulk........for a bit. Then Hulk broke out and whooped him. For christs sakes, this is Hulk we're talking about. Storm can't keep repelling him. She can't repel him end of story. He battered the shit out of her, twice. With one of the worlds most powerful mutants backing her up.

As for you saying :
"She can't. She's not gonna stand there fighting the Hulk to no avail. Hulk's not going anywhere. Who's gonna retreat first? Yes. Exactly."

If this is a boundless deathmatch, and she can't kill Hulk like she did in the comics, she could still counter anything he tries to do, so I guess her dying of old age counts as a win for Hulk.

Oh give me a break. Seriously. I think Vic was right, there is some drug on the pages of the X-Men comics. Counter anything he tries to do? Are you absolutely serious? In all honesty now.

If it's just a who can incapacitate the other match, or if the fight has a ring and boundaries, Hulk is going to have a seriously hard time getting his hands on Storm to do anything. She could blow him out the ring, suspend him above the ring in a tornado, etc.

Actually pointless trying to talk to most people on this forum. Wind isn't going to do anything to Hulk, regardless of the strength of it. Let us make that abundantly clear. She doesn't control her tornadoes, she creates them. Seriously, people need to stop shiatzu-ing the X-Men.

If it's a boxing match, Hulk beats her like Ike did Tina. One punch. Maybe even just a flick of his pinky takes her out.

He takes her our anyway, it's not up for debate.

All powers at play, infinite strength and endurance aren't much when your opponent can keep you off your feet and themselves out of your reach.

Storm can't do that though, in which case, she's not winning anything anyway. Storm Vs Hulk isn't gonna be a stalemate, unless she retreats she's not surviving.

Originally posted by Khellendros
Kids, it alrady f*cking happened. She killed Hulk. She had to shock his heart with another lightning bolt to restart his heart. He. Was. Dead. Whine and call it crappy writing if you want, but it's already happened in a comic.

Gambit beat Gladiator in a comic by throwing cards at his head. Credible? No. Shhh.

Stop saying "Storm killed him" with no context.

You're actually denying that it was shit writing? Even Stormfront is agreeing. She didn't HAVE to shock his heart, she chose to. Don't confuse choice and obligation. Hulk was battering her and Cable, very very easily, on his own, without trying. She isn't winning this fight.

Alpha, there's a big difference between being able to withstand the pressures at the bottom of the ocean, and being swept away and suspended in the air by a tornado. Completely different dynamics. Once Hulk leaves the ground and becomes airborne, he only weighs a little over a half ton. A tornado can rip a house off it's foundation, uproot trees, lift and toss a herd of cattle, a trailer, a truck and/or car. Cows, trailers, and some trucks and trees weigh more than the Hulk. Hulk could hold on to something if it were available, but that object had better be firmly planted in the ground.

She can't create an F5 in seconds, don't know where you're all getting these powers, truly.

Storm's been knocked out by a brick. Hulk hurls boulders/cars/anything at her repeatedly and she's gone. She can't counter them.

I think you're just being ridiculous by saying that wind could knock the Hulk about, as if the man is made of paper.

People on this forum have lost all sense of rational thought if they actually believe Storm could be The Hulk.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
'Kids, it alrady f*cking happened. She killed Hulk. She had to shock his heart with another lightning bolt to restart his heart. He. Was. Dead. Whine and call it crappy writing if you want, but it's already happened in a comic.'

'It' being what? Storm stopping his heart? Yes.

She then chose to restart it. Obviously you are privy to the knowledge of alternate universes, and saw what would have happened if she didn't.

A boy recently drowned, after being in a lake for five minutes. A boy. Young, frail, human. He revived, naturally. No lightning bolts needed.
So I'm gonna go ahead and conclude that Hulk healing factor works better than a hospital defibrillator.

Seeing as we are all going full out: a raging Hulk throwing a boulder, versus the time taken to create a hurricane. Yeah, it is that clear once you actually look at it.

Let's look at it another way. Stand against a wall, when I say go, Hulk will pick up a car and throw it at you. Storm will make a hurricane to block it. How lucky are you feeling?

illadelph12
laughing

Alpha, all that sarcasm doesn't disprove any of my points of logic. Hulk WOULD be swept off his feet in a tornado. His strength doesn't change the fact he's still an object that weighs less than a truck. It's not ridiculous to say the Hulk can be tossed by wind considering heavier objects can. Being sturdy, having 'unlimited' physical strength and having a healing factor doesn't matter in this situation. You could be an indestructible block of adamantium, but if you only weigh 1,080 and aren't embedded or secured to the ground, a tornado will lift you off the ground, and hurricane winds will toss you about.

Now, your first retort was that you understood that characters are to be considered to go full bore with their abilities in this forum, and then every subsequent retort contradicts that sentiment you made by you basically saying "It doesn't matter, this is the Hulk we're talking about". I know you're very intelligent, as much if not moreso than myself, so you must also see the flaw in that line of reasoning.

Saying "Storm can't use F5 force winds" when she's done so, then saying she has to build up the wind is like people who contend that the Hulk's base strength makes him vulnerable because he has to become enraged to get stronger (which is an argument many use in Hulk vs. Superman fights) and build up to his 250 billion to mountain lifting strength. Now, if people can contend that Hulk can go from 0 (well, 100 tons, so base) to mountain tossing rage in a few moments, why can't Storm go from a gentle breeze to gale force winds or F5+ tornadoes? It seems perfectly logical given her powers, and also since I've visited Sea World in Florida and seen it go from a humid, sunny summer day to a pitch black thunderstorm in moments with lightning bolts striking flag poles, trees and the Sea World tower.

Storm (going all out as she is to be considered in this forum) could shatter objects tossed at her with lightning bolts and/or repel/divert their trajectory with wind. She could block herself from Hulk's visibility in an extremely dense fog (just because Hulk can walk at the bottom of the ocean doesn't mean he could fight an opponent he couldn't see). She could take Hulk off his feet and keep him their suspended airborne with multiple tornadoes or just on extremely large twister, and then unleash as much lightning as the Earth's polarity can generate into his body.

In this forum, she is to be considered to use the fullness of her abilities to attempt (yes, attempt, it's not guaranteed) to secure a victory, and these are all viable options for her, whether or not you personally consider her capable or incapable of doing so. It's within the bounds of her character's abilities.

illadelph12
And also, you don't need a hurricane to generate strong winds. There are places in the world with extremely strong winds without the presence of a storm/hurricane at all. For instance, the cliffs in Africa and Asia were the jet streams are so powerful that you can jump off a cliff into the wind and the wind will keep you airborne and push you back to where you jumped from. At the word go, Storm could generate a gust of wind that powerful, if not moreso, without generating a full fledged 'storm'.

Alpha Centauri
Hulk WOULD be swept off his feet in a tornado. His strength doesn't change the fact he's still an object that weighs less than a truck. It's not ridiculous to say the Hulk can be tossed by wind considering heavier objects can.

Can anybody name a time that a raging car with unlimited strength tried to NOT be thrown by a hurricane? Or a tree? No?

Being sturdy, having 'unlimited' physical strength and having a healing factor doesn't matter in this situation. You could be an indestructible block of adamantium, but if you only weigh 1,080 and aren't embedded or secured to the ground, a tornado will lift you off the ground, and hurricane winds will toss you about.

Yeah but what will it achieve? Nothing. Your whole arguement is "She could keep running away" essentially. That's retreating. You're not making any sense.

Now, your first retort was that you understood that characters are to be considered to go full bore with their abilities in this forum, and then every subsequent retort contradicts that sentiment you made by you basically saying "It doesn't matter, this is the Hulk we're talking about". I know you're very intelligent, as much if not moreso than myself, so you must also see the flaw in that line of reasoning.

Well that's what it DOES come down to in this fight Ill. Let's bring this on, full bore, right? Storm full bore Vs Hulk "full" bore. Be real. She's dead meat. Storm at fullbore cannot permanently stop the Hulk, it's debateable that she could do anything at all. Hulk doesn't have a full bore, he's that powerful. He's fast, he's agile, he's winning.

Saying "Storm can't use F5 force winds" when she's done so, then saying she has to build up the wind is like people who contend that the Hulk's base strength makes him vulnerable because he has to become enraged to get stronger (which is an argument many use in Hulk vs. Superman fights) and build up to his 250 billion to mountain lifting strength.

Can't actually believe you're trying to say Storm has a shot at winning. I didn't say she can't use F5 winds, I said she can't whip up an F5 tornado or Class 5 hurricane before Hulk has torn her to pieces.

I'll deal with the rest in the next quote...

Now, if people can contend that Hulk can go from 0 (well, 100 tons, so base) to mountain tossing rage in a few moments, why can't Storm go from a gentle breeze to gale force winds or F5+ tornadoes? It seems perfectly logical given her powers, and also since I've visited Sea World in Florida and seen it go from a humid, sunny summer day to a pitch black thunderstorm in moments with lightning bolts striking flag poles, trees and the Sea World tower.

Your arguement there is flawed. Hulk can power up in seconds because of how he powers up, chemical reaction. Storm is nothing without the weather. Her power is to control something, Hulk's isn't. Hulk's is within himself, he can quickly do that stuff. Storm can't quickly alter the planet's weather system from calm to Day After Tomorrow in under a minute to defend her life when fighting Hulk. This is all irrelevant anyway, as always with an X-Man/Woman fight. You have to go so far off to even give them a shot that it gets ridiculous.

Like Vic said, let Hulk, well pissed, throw a car at you, or something else. Entrust your life to Storm's minute time frame to defend you, you know you wouldn't coz you know it would fail.

Storm (going all out as she is to be considered in this forum) could shatter objects tossed at her with lightning bolts and/or repel/divert their trajectory with wind. She could block herself from Hulk's visibility in an extremely dense fog (just because Hulk can walk at the bottom of the ocean doesn't mean he could fight an opponent he couldn't see). She could take Hulk off his feet and keep him their suspended airborne with multiple tornadoes or just on extremely large twister, and then unleash as much lightning as the Earth's polarity can generate into his body.

Divert their trajectory with wind? What the hell? Why are you insisting on continuing this? If Hulk is lobbing 8 cars at her. No amount of wind she can conjure up that fast is gonna stop them. It doesn't have to stop at cars, anything Hulk decides to throw, he can. She's not God, she's Storm.

Fog, again with the fog. He can move out of it. Surely you're not ALL that dense as to keep bringing it up.

That last bit, one question......Hulk could very easily get to her before she does all this, coz it takes time. So...what do you think Hulk will be doing? Standing around? I can't actually believe I'm trying to show you how Hulk would beat Storm. It's not even a competition. The lack of rationale on this forum is scary.

At the word go, Storm could generate a gust of wind that powerful, if not moreso, without generating a full fledged 'storm'.

Yeah and at the word 'go' Hulk could take out the X-Men. The team, not just one or two. I seriously don't know why you're continuing this after conceding that Storm would lose. You're essentially arguing to say she'd survive.

In this forum, she is to be considered to use the fullness of her abilities to attempt (yes, attempt, it's not guaranteed) to secure a victory, and these are all viable options for her, whether or not you personally consider her capable or incapable of doing so. It's within the bounds of her character's abilities.

Yeah, but it's not within her abilities to beat Hulk, to beat Doom, to beat Wonder Woman, to beat Iron-Man, to beat any of these people that others believe she can beat.

Because..........SHE IS NOT....THAT....GOOD.

Yes, that is why. She simply is not that good. If everyone stopped pummelling the X-Men and realised that they're mediocre at very best, then you would realise there is, and would only ever be, one winner in this match and that's the Hulk.

Hulk is tearing her up before she does anything. Simple.

-AC

LordFear
This is a slap in the face to say that Storm could beat Hulk!!!!
I mean I have seen fanboyism as extreme as Beast vs WonderMan but CHRIST ALMIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PEOPLE we are talking about Hulk!!!!

Alpha Centauri
They don't realise that it really is that simple.

I've tried it Lord Fear, rationale isn't their forte.

-AC

Zahit
Personally I thought Storm vs. Dr. Doom was as lop-sided as this one.
These X-Fanatics will dream up ANYTHING to prove nobody can beat
their favorite hero. Talk about childish.
And I know I've been criticized for providing short little comments,
but it makes me feel ridiculous to sit here and explain why Storm
can't beat The Hulk!!!??!?? Or why Storm can't beat Dr. Doom!!?!!
Or why Wolverine can't beat Godzilla!!!?!!

illadelph12
laughing

God, this will never end. laughing

First off, the subtle insults are unnecessary. I know that's your debating style, but you're using more wry humor and opinion than logical counters. I have respect for you and haven't insulted your intelligence, I expect the same.

Secondly, all I'm saying is that Storm could force a draw. I'm not saying she's a Hulk slayer. And no, retreat is not her only option.

Your raging car analogy is flawed and a very bad example. There's video tape of speeding cars, pick-up trucks, and mobile homes attempting to out run a tornado, being lifted off of roads. It's not a matter of Hulk's strength, it's a matter of Hulk's weight and Hulk being secured to the ground.

Storm has the ability to nullify Hulk's strength by keeping him off balance and off his feet. It takes some time to generate a full fledged hurricane, it doesn't take that much time to generate a strong wind or to blast a potential projectile with a bolt of lightning before Hulk grabs it. It's not like Hulk is going to start the fight with a pile of cars near him to toss. If you want to get technical, it is within Storm's abilities to 'beat' Hulk, it's already been displayed (though it matters on what you consider a victory, she knocked Hulk out momentarily, she didn't kill him, he would have healed eventually/momentarily). Killing him would be a different story.

"Yeah, but it's not within her abilities to beat Hulk, to beat Doom, to beat Wonder Woman, to beat Iron-Man, to beat any of these people that others believe she can beat.

Because..........SHE IS NOT....THAT....GOOD."

No, that's your opinion, that's not fact.

Ironman, Doom and Wonder Woman present completely different variables in a confrontation than Hulk does. Doom and Ironman both pack energy weapons Storm is unable to counter and Ironman and WW (and Doom with a jet pack) have the ability to fly at speeds comparable to greater than Storm's abilities, and also have the prepulsion necessary to counter wind when in mid-air.

Hulk doesn't.

"Divert their trajectory with wind? What the hell? Why are you insisting on continuing this? If Hulk is lobbing 8 cars at her. No amount of wind she can conjure up that fast is gonna stop them. It doesn't have to stop at cars, anything Hulk decides to throw, he can. She's not God, she's Storm."

laughing

I know Storm isn't God.

An airborne projectile can have it's trajectory altered by strong winds if said object does not have an independant method of propulsion. I'm not going to get to technical because I know you know this. Storm can use wind to parry and redirect larg objects tossed at her, so long as it's not to big. I'm not saying she can alter the direction of a mountain, jetliner, or building tossed at her (she can just plain move out of the way), but she has taken down Sentinels with directed winds for a point of reference.

Hulk has to come in physical contact or toss a solid object at Storm to harm her. He can't fire gamma powered lasers from his wrist or have the Lasso of Truth. The only distance attack he has displayed besides tossing objects would be his sonic clap and Storm is immune to the effects of that just as she is immune to the effects of thunder (a concussive sonic phenoma), as well as she having the ability to generate her own thunder.

"Yeah and at the word 'go' Hulk could take out the X-Men. The team, not just one or two. I seriously don't know why you're continuing this after conceding that Storm would lose. You're essentially arguing to say she'd survive."

At the word go, Hulk could not kill the entire X men team. Maybe the original X men when Iceman threw snowballs and Beast was chubby, but not all subsequent incarnations. He's had draws with Wolverine solo (ambiguously gay draws, but draws. Logan should get crushed by a character with Class 100+ strength, even though he's "the best at what he does"wink. All of them working as a unit, it depends on which team and if Professor X is using Cerebro from the sidelines.

Storm can't 'kill' Hulk, as in, she can't injure him to an extent where he will not recover from damage she is capable of inflicting. I can't logically see that happening. No way in hell.

She can (and has been displayed to) knock him out.

The question really is:

what constitutes a victory?

Is a knockout a win, or does she have to kill him?

But anyway, this has grown pointless.

Never
ill...and you saw what Hulk did to Storm, right? Her knocking him out is a "lower end" showing on his behalf. Doc Samson knocked Hulk out.

Actually there is little to nothing that she can do to Hulk -- but alas, that is my opinion.

stormfront13
actually imo it depends on where the fight is. if it is in like someplace in ruins where he can throw things then he wins easily. if it is an open field then it might be a little harder- if her can't touch her then he can't beat her. she might be able to pick him up with wind but ahst won't make her win. imo hu;lk will find some way ti win since storm can't teally hurt him.

Alpha Centauri
It will never end because you insist on continuing this when you've already conceded that Hulk would win. You are debating for the sake of saying Storm could draw, she couldn't. This is just one of many ridiculous, X-Men overrating threads.

Your raging car analogy is flawed and a very bad example. There's video tape of speeding cars, pick-up trucks, and mobile homes attempting to out run a tornado, being lifted off of roads. It's not a matter of Hulk's strength, it's a matter of Hulk's weight and Hulk being secured to the ground.

MY raging car analogy was flawed and very bad? Coming from someone who believes that Hulk can simply be frozen and blown about by Storm? Please.

Storm has the ability to nullify Hulk's strength by keeping him off balance and off his feet. It takes some time to generate a full fledged hurricane, it doesn't take that much time to generate a strong wind or to blast a potential projectile with a bolt of lightning before Hulk grabs it.

Oh give me a break. She's gonna stand there zapping these objects out of existance as Hulk grabs them? She got knocked out by a brick in her own tornado, not to mention other times she's been hit by her own handywork. Where was the lightning zapping then? You're being illogical. She's not gonna float there doing all this zapping of projectiles WHILE staying alive AND keeping Hulk off the ground. Never is correct, there is little or nothing she can do to him.

It's not like Hulk is going to start the fight with a pile of cars near him to toss. If you want to get technical, it is within Storm's abilities to 'beat' Hulk, it's already been displayed (though it matters on what you consider a victory, she knocked Hulk out momentarily, she didn't kill him, he would have healed eventually/momentarily). Killing him would be a different story.

Why isn't it like that? Are they fighting in the sky? Doc Samson and Juggernaut have knocked the Hulk out, but Hulk would beat both of them in a straight one on one fight. Hulk was fighting her and Cable, he was battering them both, one on one, she has no chance. Using that "she'd fly out of range" arguement doesn't work, coz she doesn't ever do that.

No, that's your opinion, that's not fact. Ironman, Doom and Wonder Woman present completely different variables in a confrontation than Hulk does. Doom and Ironman both pack energy weapons Storm is unable to counter and Ironman and WW (and Doom with a jet pack) have the ability to fly at speeds comparable to greater than Storm's abilities, and also have the prepulsion necessary to counter wind when in mid-air. Hulk doesnt.

Funny that. Coz in Secret Wars, he keeps up with others that are flying. That's how they travel, Hulk carries people by jumping and still keeps up with those who are flying. He can jump further, in a quicker time than Storm can fly. There is no height she can go where he cannot reach. He just out matches her. I'm not gonna get into a big "But he can do this, she can do this" debate. In a fight, who would win? Hulk or Storm? Answer is and always should be, to anyone who knows anything of comics, Hulk.

I know Storm isn't God. An airborne projectile can have it's trajectory altered by strong winds if said object does not have an independant method of propulsion. I'm not going to get to technical because I know you know this. Storm can use wind to parry and redirect larg objects tossed at her, so long as it's not to big. I'm not saying she can alter the direction of a mountain, jetliner, or building tossed at her (she can just plain move out of the way), but she has taken down Sentinels with directed winds for a point of reference.

As long as it's not too big? Are you under the impression that she's fighting Lou Ferrigno? Sentinels are nothing. How can she move out of the way of continuous, very large projectiles? Fact is. If Hulk wants to hit her, he is going to. We both know this. Storm has been hit by lesser opponents.

Hulk has to come in physical contact or toss a solid object at Storm to harm her. He can't fire gamma powered lasers from his wrist or have the Lasso of Truth. The only distance attack he has displayed besides tossing objects would be his sonic clap and Storm is immune to the effects of that just as she is immune to the effects of thunder (a concussive sonic phenoma), as well as she having the ability to generate her own thunder.

Why are we assuming distance though? Storm doesnt fight from the clouds. Hulk can catch her, he has done, because he's fought her twice and battered her each time. He'd do so again and he'd tear her apart.

At the word go, Hulk could not kill the entire X men team. Maybe the original X men when Iceman threw snowballs and Beast was chubby, but not all subsequent incarnations. He's had draws with Wolverine solo (ambiguously gay draws, but draws. Logan should get crushed by a character with Class 100+ strength, even though he's "the best at what he does"wink. All of them working as a unit, it depends on which team and if Professor X is using Cerebro from the sidelines.

Yeah, yeah he could. He whoop Death Wolverine, he whooped Wolverine. The only time Wolverine beat him was, as you knowledged, "gay". All of them working as a unit, and Hulk going full bore, they're dead. Incase you didn't know, Hulk is immune to psychics. So Prof X would just get taken out. ANYWAY, this isn't about that.

She can (and has been displayed to) knock him out. The question really is: what constitutes a victory? Is a knockout a win, or does she have to kill him?

But anyway, this has grown pointless.

Yes it has grown pointless. From the birth of the thread.

A knockout is a win, but people hug that all too much. Juggernaut had to disguise himself so Hulk wouldn't fight back, to score the knockout....and that's Juggernaut. Storm taking him out with that lightning has been acknowledged as a lower end display by The Hulk.

You said yourself they are both to be going at full bore. So Storm dies before she can think of anything. Because a theoretical full bore Hulk could knock the Earth off it's orbit and then some, so what's he gonna do to an X-Man?

-AC

stormfront13
It will never end because you insist on continuing this when you've already conceded that Hulk would win. You are debating for the sake of saying Storm could draw, she couldn't. This is just one of many ridiculous, X-Men overrating threads.

so, just because i said hulk win doesn't mean that i can't post about it. and storm could pull off a draw she's no amuetar but you are acting like she is. seriously if he can't hit her then he can't win. but as i already said imo hulk wins

Alpha Centauri
Firstly, I was talking to Ill with that comment. Why do you always assume I'm talking to you? We're beyond done.

Storm wouldn't draw, she wouldn't win. She'd lose, we both know that so it's done.

-AC

stormfront13
because i said it depends on the enviroment and you said it never depends w/ the hulk. you also said-You are debating for the sake of saying Storm could draw, she couldn't- and i felt as if you were talkin to me cause after i said hulk i said it might be a draw. you are always on me for supposidlt changing my mind about storm and doom so why not here.

moshtitan
....this is ridiculous.

King Burger
Much of what illadelph12 says makes sense, but it all
depends on the environment.

If it was in the city, then there is nothing Storm can
do to beat to Hulk, or keep dodging all the cars and
lamp-posts he'll keep throwing at her.

But if it was in an open area, like a desert or farm
country, then I don't see what Hulk can do to hurt
her.

There won't be much to throw around, and she'll be
able to blows him off his feet with strong winds. Maybe
slam him into the ground.

I think people forget how powerful and devastating
Earth's weather can be. Just take a look at those tv
footage of hurricans and mansoons, and they'll give
an idea.

pr1983
Originally posted by King Burger
Much of what illadelph12 says makes sense, but it all
depends on the environment.

If it was in the city, then there is nothing Storm can
do to beat to Hulk, or keep dodging all the cars and
lamp-posts he'll keep throwing at her.

But if it was in an open area, like a desert or farm
country, then I don't see what Hulk can do to hurt
her.

There won't be much to throw around, and she'll be
able to blows him off his feet with strong winds. Maybe
slam him into the ground.

I think people forget how powerful and devastating
Earth's weather can be. Just take a look at those tv
footage of hurricans and mansoons, and they'll give
an idea.

that is possible (however unlikely...)

but tell me how is any of that going to hurt the hulk?

King Burger
Hulk is not indestructable, and he can be knocked
out, if not necessariyl killed, by Storm.

Repeated hits by lightning, or repeated slams
against the ground, may cause him to black-out.

(I am assuming a fight in the desert for example).

pr1983
do you know how hard she will have to hit him to knock him down? this is a guy who trades punches with the likes of onslaught and the juggernaut...

i cant see her knocking him out...

SarKastic_OJ
Dudes really, do you actually think that Storm has a chance in hell to defeat someone the likes of the Hulk?

If you guys can reason Storm defeating the hulk after seeing her "team up" against guys like the Juggernaut and Gladiator(Both whom the hulk went toe to toe with on many occasions) then youre indeed insane.

Too put it simply, the hulk is just "too much" for storm to handle, I mean c'mon, the hulk beat the crap out of a Thunder God(Thor) on many occasions, toppled Superman, beat down Gladiator, toppled the Juggernaut, shook up Onslaught(whom Storm couldn't even touch)..

The hulk is just on another level of power than that of storm, yeah, one could argue that she could stay her distance(retreat) and toss fierce winds and throw lightning bolts and create ice storms etc..etc..But that would only slow the hulk down and piss him off even more than he already is...

Storms best bet is to flee and hurl objects because while the hulk could laugh off her attacks, the same cannot be said for Storm facing a damaging, hellified hulk smash....All the hulk needs is one blow, and I know the writers aren't going to let Storm get a flawless victory off of Marvels answer to Superman.....

Storm has no chance in hell of winning, this topic shouldn't even be up for debate, the Rogue vs Hulk topic made more sense than this....

illadelph12
Well, what if she forcibly dropped him on his head from around 30,000 feet? Like swept him up to the stratosphere in a cyclone, then forced him down with winds of mach 3-5 onto his head. Would the force of the impact phase him?

SarKastic_OJ
The hulk has survived "Nukes", atomic bombs, (as a matter of fact)did you see the battle between the hulk vs Gladiator, he literally fell from space....and got up and proceeded to dish out some a'whoopin...

Storm had better use her flying ability to her advantage because her best bet would be to run in cowardice....

The hulk literally beat Thor into the ground on many occasions, what makes you think this "teamster"(Storm) has a chance??

illadelph12
Yeah, I saw Hulk vs. Gladiator. That was about as gay as Hulk vs. Wolverine. Gladiator should beat Hulk all powers at play just like Hulk should crush Wolverine. I don't know why they use Kallark as a jobber. He's like Marvel's version of Farooq from WWF. Strong, one of the best finishing moves, but always putting over a face or popular heel. Well, actually, I do know why Marvel does it. It's a inside joke for Marvel. They do it to kinda subliminally stick it to DC to show what they think of Kal El. And Hulk's free fall after sonic clapping Gladiator is different from a forced decent from the same altitude. A matter of velocity.

But anyway, if Storm and Hulk fight in a featureless environment with just powers versus powers, and it were a kind of regimented match (KO's/ringouts/submissions), I think there'd be a lot more to consider than the current "Hulk Smash" sentiment.

Thor and Gladiator never use their versatility (or intelligence) to it's fullest potential when displayed fighting Hulk. Hulk's Marvels cash cow (well, besides Wolverine and Spiderman).

SarKastic_OJ
With all that you just said in mind, it seems you have to sort of "bend" the rules in Storms favor just to make it a fair and even acceptable match...

Forget a featureless environment, in a "random" comic battle there is no ring outs, ko's or submissions, it's kill or be killed and the hulk's killing intent far exceeds that of one passive and peaceful Storm..

I said it before and I'll state it again, there is "no way" that Storm could physically disable the hulk, she could either 1)slow him down 2) trap him 3)Flee(seriously) and thats her best bet...

Thor hit him with lightning, he can endure "extreme temperatures" and heals at a rapid rate, so throwing him with her winds would only tick him off...

It takes mere "strength" to topple the hulk or an immense cosmic power...I can hardly see "severe weather" stopping something so powerful and agressive...c'mon be serious...The harder she hits him the more powerful he's going to become and while the hulk can afford a whole heapin of attacks from Storm the same CANNOT be said for her...One hulk blow could kill her instantly...

long pig
Hulk can jump Farther up than Storm can fly. (the guy has accidenly jumped to zero gravity space once and almost got freaking stuck)
He can jump Faster than Storm can fly.
I'll admit she could possibly push him back down for a while with an INSANELY powerful wind, but after a few times hulk would simply push through them.
Oh, and in anyfeatureless desert...the ground is made up of hard dirt or clay....hulk smash ground... hulk pick big peice of dirt up.... hulk throw at stupid weather broad.

savagerampage
Storm beating Hulk is like Puck layin the smackdown against Galactus and winning. she would lose. Xavier is the only x-man who would defeat the hulk by f*cking up his mind or shutting it down.

King Burger
Everything I read in the Hulk comics (and I read plenty), and
read about him in various guides, show that he can jump only
around 3-4 miles, faaaaaar short of the hundreds of miles
needed to reach "zero gravity" (4 miles is just over 20,000
feet, notable less than the average altitude of a commercial
air-liner). This incident you mentioned is obviously one of those
bs events that happen every now and again with comics (such
as the aforementioned Gambit-Gladiator victory).

And how do you know he can jump faster than Storm can move?
You also seem to forget that Storm wouldn't have to move
much, just a few feet to the right or left (are you now going to
claim that the Hulk can control his jump-path in mid-flight as well?).

And it wouldn't take an "insanely" strong wind to push him
down. In fact, she wouldn't even need to "push him back down",
just slightly to the side is enough. Or she could even use the
winds to push him up-wards high up into the altitude, and
have him fall on his square head, she obviously has resonably
good control of winds if she can control them to keep her afloat.

And I'd love to see the Hulk asking Storm not to attack him
for a few minutes until he digs down into the ground deep
enough to find more solid soil. I can only imagine how deep
he'd have to dig if they were in the desert!

Wow! So Hulk down is so damned powerful, that he can dominate
one of the most powerful X-Men with the same ease as Galactus to
Puck? Who knew?!

Please. It really is funny how Superman, Wolverine and Spider-Man
fans are always attacked for exaggerating their hero's strengths
and abilities to beat anyone, but meanwhile Hulk are just the same,
maybe even worse, since everytime their arguements don't work,
they fall back on the old "The madder he gets....blah, blah, blah".

Why can't people accept that Hulk, while physically the strongest
earth super-human, is not unbeatable. Getting hit by several
dozen 500 million-volt, 50,000 degrees farenheit lightning strikes,
is no walk in the park.

Alpha Centauri
Are people that dumb? Seriously?

Why is this thread still here?

Whether Hulk is unbeatable or not (which he isn't) he isn't losing a fight against Storm. What is so hard to understand about this?

"Sweep him up with a cyclone and drop him from Space".

The theories just get worse and worse and worse. Storm fans have to delve so deep into the depths of "What if" that it's ridiculous. That's why there are "What if" comics, to show what would have happened.

Storm cannot put out more power than the Hulk can retaliate with, that's just the way it is. Really. No shh, stop arguing with your monitor, that's the way it is.

Hahahahaha. "Hulk is Marvel's cash cow". Do I really need to get into this with you? Because I can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that the X-Men hold that title.

Either way, you've swayed so far off point to even give Storm a chance that it's got stupid.

The forum's decline is almost complete. I'm starting to question if you actually read comics.

-AC

King Burger
This coming from the guy who gave us the "Wolverine Vs. Hulk"
thread.

Glass houses, my good man, glass houses.

Alpha Centauri
I gave you Wolverine Vs Hulk because I wanted to show a rather idiotic comic fan that Wolverine has no chance, after he started talking about Wolverine Vs Hulk in a completely unrelated thread.

You were saying? You know what they say about when you assume.

-AC

King Burger
You started a whole thread just so you can tell another user
"Nyah, nyah, nyah!"?

Real mature.

Couldn't win the arguement by yourself, so you needed back-up?

Alpha Centauri
Not at all.

I created it because he was about to derail a perfectly good thread so I said to him "Come and debate in the thread I created".

Again, you know what they say about assumptions. Can't debate on topic so you need to reply to me about nothing relevent eh?

Real mature, but hey, I'm not the one who believes Storm would beat Hulk. That's probably getting you laughed at.

-AC

King Burger
"Can't debate on topic so you need to reply to me about nothing
relevent eh?"

Can't debate? I'm not the ass**** who keeps posting wise-ass
sarcastic remarks in various threads, attacking them for "ruining
this Forum"?

If you don't like a thread; if you think a thread is "stupid" and
unworthy of your superior intelligence, then don't post!

Alpha Centauri
Can't debate? I'm not the ass**** who keeps posting wise-ass
sarcastic remarks in various threads, attacking them for "ruining
this Forum"?

Insults? Shhh, ya gats ta cheel. Relax man, everything's gonna be alright. People like my wise-ass comments unless you noticed. Even if they didn't, I'm not directly insulting anyone. You have just taken this thread from ridiculous to more than ridiculous. As if your opinion wasn't silly enough, you launch some attack albeit futile, on me. Rather childish don'tcha think buddy?

If you don't like a thread; if you think a thread is "stupid" and
unworthy of your superior intelligence, then don't post!

Whoa whoa whoa. Calm down man, breathe. Take a midol, chill.

First off, thanks for saying I have superior intelligence, appreciate it. Secondly, I can do as I wish. If people create stupid threads, I'll say so.

Gahhta praaablem wid dat? No? Good.

Then we can end this.

-AC

long pig
"Everything I read in the Hulk comics (and I read plenty), and
read about him in various guides, show that he can jump only
around 3-4 miles, faaaaaar short of the hundreds of miles
needed to reach "zero gravity" (4 miles is just over 20,000
feet, notable less than the average altitude of a commercial
air-liner). This incident you mentioned is obviously one of those
bs events that happen every now and again with comics (such
as the aforementioned Gambit-Gladiator victory)."
Well, actually zero gravity is only 10-12 short miles high....look it up should be in your 9th grade textbook.
You're basing his jumping ability on a hulk who is jumping to travel....this is a hulk going all out...he can jump much farther than 4 miles long.

""And it wouldn't take an "insanely" strong wind to push him
down. In fact, she wouldn't even need to "push him back down",
just slightly to the side is enough. Or she could even use the
winds to push him up-wards high up into the altitude, and
have him fall on his square head, she obviously has resonably
good control of winds if she can control them to keep her afloat.""
maybe, which will only piss hulk off more, what goes up...must come down...simple really.

""And I'd love to see the Hulk asking Storm not to attack him
for a few minutes until he digs down into the ground deep
enough to find more solid soil. I can only imagine how deep
he'd have to dig if they were in the desert!""
Hmm....solid soil is EVERYWHERE in the desert, the whole damn thing is dry mud!

"""Why can't people accept that Hulk, while physically the strongest
earth super-human, is not unbeatable. Getting hit by several
dozen 500 million-volt, 50,000 degrees farenheit lightning strikes,
is no walk in the park."""
Im no hulk fan dude...I hardly ever defend the guy unless a buncha crazed "teamstormers" go around flapping thier cake hole.. oh and btw the voltage isnt what kills you.

long pig
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Are people that dumb? Seriously?
Storm cannot put out more power than the Hulk can retaliate with, that's just the way it is. Really. No shh, stop arguing with your monitor, that's the way it is.
-AC laughing out loudthumb up

ragesRemorse
How is the Hulk going to reach storm to harm her, or put a halt to her onslaught of devastation? Granted, the Hulk can leap, but storm can fly higher than he can leap. If Storm would simply fly to a height where she would be safe from Hulks reach. She could engage in apocalyptic wheather patterns all day.

Yeah it is a reach, but Storms abilities have never been soley explained in detail without later being contradicted. In extinction agenda, she supposedly has the ability to embrace the essence of the earth which would put her in a state where forces work through her feeding off of her intentions, placing her in a state resembeling jean grey and the phoenix. Other times she is said to have unlimited ability,but her body and mind cannot withstand the energy very long. Then they say again that she has the most powerfull potential, all she has to do is delve deeper into her abilities. This happens alot with the X-men, but i guess without proof. Hulk could take what storm could dish out untill she tired out, but if she could theoretically endure endless strain then the bout would go to her. Hulk is strong, stronger than supes, but mother nature is a force more raw and devastating than the hulk,atleast if the darkest sides of nature could be controlled.

long pig
Storm isnt mother nature, Storm is a black chick with (wtf) blue eyes and (wtholyf??) white hair.
Hulk can jump as high as storm can fly.

Alpha Centauri
Exactly. That's the misconception.

She's not some omnipotent natural presense. She can manipulate the weather..........that's all.

She can't beat The Hulk.

-AC

ragesRemorse
Who said she was mother nature? Hulk can leap further than he can jump. Storm can fly untill the oxygen becomes to thin. I have seen Hulk jump into outer space on one occasion, but that should never be taken seriously, not even in the comic book world. Other than that. I have never seen Hulk jump that high. He couldnt reach superman.

ragesRemorse
I was just referring to the material we are given. Some have said Storm can be the most devestating mutant where forces possess her being. Man i forget, those mythological Earth spirits she learned about in Africa. Of course her abilities are not powerfull enough to topple the Hulk, but her insinuated abilities are.

If you havent got it, i am just picking through the in consistancy of comic writers.

Alpha Centauri
Storm needs oxygen too, dunno if you picked that up during your reading of these comics.

However, you are (like every Storm supporter) getting into such eventualities. It won't even get to that point. Storm doesn't fight miles away from her opponents. Proof? Hulk has battered her twice, once teamed with Cable.

If it was as easy as fly away, make fog, make lightning, make hurricane, then she might have a shot. It's not though.

Read the thread title, Storm Vs Hulk. Do you not realise how ridiculous this fight is?

-AC

ragesRemorse
of course i know Storm cannot stand any kind of chance against Hulk.just said this but i'll say it again. No being can. Hulk is jesus christ. I particularly hate the Hulk and his endless Power it is extremely boring. I was just siding with the underdog. I usually dont in cases like this where the underdog is the chosen loser for good reason. Then i started thinking how Storm is reffered to as the potentially most powerfull mutant, thought it would be good kicks using vague written proof of her possible abilities. How many mutants have been the potentially most powerfull mutant, then again how many mutants have been the most powerfull mutant? MArvel has gotten very inconsistant with the x-men.

Alpha Centauri
You don't immediately live up to potential just because you're told you have it.

Hulk has limitless power, it's not instant access though.

I'm just getting a little tired of everyone rooting against Hulk just because he's Hulk, we all know that he'd beat Storm and the X-Men, so why don't we just say it?

The X-Men are just getting pummelled undeservedly and it's pointless. They're not all that.

-AC

ragesRemorse
I think everyone knows Storm would be a puppet to hulks likings. that is the fun in trying to come up with logical explanations on how she could pull it off. the only rational advantage in her corner is the confused writing in which she is periodically given a podium of supreme stature, but then is never referred to again.

Of course people are going to side against the hulk. Just because he is the Hulk. It is the same reason people side against superman. Where is the fun in always being completely one sided.

I would actually by another marvel comic book if it featured the Hulk ravaging through the X-men. The x-men used to be adults who were role models for the youth going through what the x-men went through when they were accepting their abilities.It was a nice metaphor. That was kind of the draw. Now the x-men are trouble teenagers.

Alpha Centauri
I agree with you for the most part but that's what the problem is, look at Storm Vs Dr. Doom, there ARE NO logical explanations.

That's because she can't do it. Like this fight.

Dr. Strange Vs Hulk, you could come up with many logical ways, regardless of if Hulk would win or not. Storm Vs Hulk? No way.

-AC

ZephroCarnelian
No, this really is a silly thread. As I've said many times before - Hulk is a handful even for Superman. And can anyone realistically see Storm beating Supes...?

SarKastic_OJ
What these X-men fans fail to realize is that Storm is a "teamster", and when I say teamster-someone whom works with a team to beat a foe of greater power..

Storm has to "team up" to face guys like Omega Red, 12 Sentinels, the Juggernaut..Each whom is up for debate of whether or not the Hulk could defeat in a one on one confrontation..Do the damn math....seriously...

Heck, if Storm could pull off a win against the Hulk then maybe she should have been chosen to face off against Superman in the DC/Marvel comics..and maybe she doesn't need the X-men to make guys like Omega red and Cyber horny....heck, if Storm could beat the hulk she wouldn't need her team to take on a barrage of oncoming sentinels...

In reality you have to face facts, Storm is a level below the hulk altogether..It's questionable whether or not Storm+The X-men could take the Hulk and thats a fact...

Alpha Centauri
As I said, bar Nate Grey and Phoenix at max, no X-Man is beating the Hulk.

It would be funny to see Hulk storm the mansion.

-AC

moshtitan
he has...ill dig up the issue numbers later...its hillarious.

pr1983

-AC

i think ive seen that... i knwo i have it somewhere...

and yes it was hilarious...

King Burger
Zero gravity starts at 10-12 miles? Gee, and to think NASA is
spenind all those billions of dollars to send satellites hundreds
of miles up into space to keep them afloat, when they could've
just flown them up on a plane, or shot them up with a short-range
rocket, up to 12 miles, to dot he same thing!? Who knew?!

And if that is what the 9th grade school books you had as a kid
taught you, well that explains alot about you then.

Please, what you are thinking of are those "wightlessness"
flights that astronauts take for training, on special planes. These
aren't really "zero gravity", they are "simulated woghtlessness",
brought about by the up and down, wave-like movements of
the plane, which make the passengers "fall", thus feeling like
they are in zero gravity. Even the satellites that are launched
into space (mentioned in above paragraph) aren't really in
zero gravity, rather they stay up by continuously "falling" down.
In fact, one would have to go way out into outer space to
completely escape Earth's gravity, thus enter "zero gravity".

And why would the Hulk limit himself to just 4 miles when
travelling, when he can do more? Granted, maybe when angry
he can do notably more, but I doubt even close to 10 miles.

Besides, that still doesn't mean he can catch Storm.

Solid soil is everywhere in the desert? Since when? Maybe under
many feet of sand, or maybe the occasionaly rock formation, but
certainly not "everywhere". But I will let this go, since you and I
may be thinking of different desert, you more the american
south-west, and me the Sahara.

And sand IS NOT dry mud! Sand is the tiny particles or grains
caused by thousands of years of weathering:
http://www.encyclopedia.com/html/s1/sand.asp

And who told you I was a "teamstormer"?

Look at my post here:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=329413&perpage=20&highlight=&pagenumber=5

I don't like her the least bit. And I do find that her abilities are
ofetn exaggerated. But I just don't see this fight as a cake-walk
for Hulk, and I don't see Storm as being completely unable to
hurt him, or do anything to him at all.

And about voltage, true enough. But even when not killing,
the lightning causes extreme pain, burns, bodily internal
damage, or even temporarily incapacitate. It's much like
those electric stun guns, they don't kill, but they hurt like
hell, and can bring a man down.

King Burger
Originally posted by SarKastic_OJ
What these X-men fans fail to realize is that Storm is a "teamster", and when I say teamster-someone whom works with a team to beat a foe of greater power..

Storm has to "team up" to face guys like Omega Red, 12 Sentinels, the Juggernaut..Each whom is up for debate of whether or not the Hulk could defeat in a one on one confrontation..Do the damn math....seriously...

Heck, if Storm could pull off a win against the Hulk then maybe she should have been chosen to face off against Superman in the DC/Marvel comics..and maybe she doesn't need the X-men to make guys like Omega red and Cyber horny....heck, if Storm could beat the hulk she wouldn't need her team to take on a barrage of oncoming sentinels...

In reality you have to face facts, Storm is a level below the hulk altogether..It's questionable whether or not Storm+The X-men could take the Hulk and thats a fact...

You forget that often a character's history is based on whether he
or she have their own title or not. Storm doesn't have her own
title, so she was never seen fighting too many solo battles. If
she did, then we would see her doing just that.

For example, suppose Thor never had his own title, but was
only to be found in the Avengers comics, everyone would have
said of him what you just said of Storm, that he cannot fight his
own battles.

One has to judge the battles on this Forum using both comic
book history (what the characters have been shown to do or be
able to do), and the nature of their powers (for example, Silver
Surfer rarely if ever useds his powers of molecular control, but
it is part of his abilities, and therefore can be brought into
discussion).

Hulk has super-strength, Storm had the ability to control the
weather to a great degree. Two different powers, but I say
the owner of the latter can atleast bring down, though maybe not
kill, the possesor of the former.

long pig
Yes zero gravity is 10-12 miles high.
"""Zero gravity starts at 10-12 miles? Gee, and to think NASA is
spenind all those billions of dollars to send satellites hundreds
of miles up into space to keep them afloat, when they could've
just flown them up on a plane, or shot them up with a short-range
rocket, up to 12 miles, to dot he same thing!? Who knew?!"""
satellites go into orbit around earth...which is close to 50 miles up.
I win.

Victor Von Doom
You forget that often a character's history is based on whether he
or she have their own title or not. Storm doesn't have her own
title, so she was never seen fighting too many solo battles. If
she did, then we would see her doing just that.

There's a reason she doesn't: she's a part of a whole. Hulk is a whole.

X-Men must be unstoppable by now because they send out Storm to deal with Doom, Rogue to deal with Hulk, and the rest can chill.

If Galactus comes, Gambit opens a new pack of cards.

pr1983
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
There's a reason she doesn't: she's a part of a whole. Hulk is a whole.

X-Men must be unstoppable by now because they send out Storm to deal with Doom, Rogue to deal with Hulk, and the rest can chill.

If Galactus comes, Gambit opens a new pack of cards.

laughing

demigawd
Hulk is actually fairly vulnerable to electricity. Storm, as has been repeated many times on this thread, has killed the Hulk with electricity before. He MIGHT have been able to resurrect himself without her help, but he was still quite dead, making Storm the victor. She also hit him with enough lightning to start his heart again.

Blackbolt has also knocked the Hulk out by using his electron power to lift Hulk into clouds and pummelling him with lightning

Thor has hurt Hulk plenty of times with lightning attacks, before becoming a dumbass and deciding to fight him H2H.

Electro has also put a hurting on Hulk. Admittedly, this was Grey Hulk, but this was also pre-powerup Electro, so it's a fair comparison.

Storm has the versitility and the arsenal to keep Hulk off balance enough to hit him with enough lightning to put him out.

Of course, this can only work if she has working room. In an enclosed area, she wouldn't be able to take flight and get away in time to put a plan into action. There was no description of the battlefield size, though.

So - in an enclosed space, Hulk wins. In open field, Storm wins.

ZephroCarnelian
Hmm... lightning hurting the Hulk still seems a little far-fetched. Surely the army would've come up with some lightning based weapon to put t Hulk down by now right?

And off t subject - if Zero-Gravity starts at ten-twelve miles, the Blackbird Spy Plane must be a spaceship....

demigawd
Well, if the MU Army were worth its salt, they would have tranqed Banner and kept him unconscious like that forever. Or they'd ask Reed to build a room that absorbs gamma radiation and leave Banner locked up in it forever, or any number of other things. But...Hulk needs to have a comic, so....

blackwarrior
A picture paints a thousand words.
In the realm of imagination all thigs are possible.
What is done is done.

Farseer
I couldn't believe what I was seeing when I saw that this thread actually existed. Storm can get height over Hulk, but i don't really see any way that she can hurt him. Lightning will most likely just piss him off more, making him stronger. And because of his jumping ability he can snatch her out of the sky, and once he does, she's getting crushed easily. I don't see how strm has a chance.

pr1983
Originally posted by blackwarrior
A picture paints a thousand words.
In the realm of imagination all thigs are possible.
What is done is done.

no expression you just had to dig it up didnt you...

Originally posted by Farseer
I couldn't believe what I was seeing when I saw that this thread actually existed. Storm can get height over Hulk, but i don't really see any way that she can hurt him. Lightning will most likely just piss him off more, making him stronger. And because of his jumping ability he can snatch her out of the sky, and once he does, she's getting crushed easily. I don't see how strm has a chance.

See thats a rational opinion... wonder why others dont follow it...

Metalmanx

-AC

I would argue that basically any high-level psychic could stop Hulk.

jgiant
Originally posted by Metalmanx
It depends though, they could take Hulk out, if Hulk doesn't retaliate. Once Hulk feels them inside his head he could smash the ground, or sonic clap and send the psychic flying. This happened when Cable was trying to use a psychic attack against him, sonic clap. Not saying this will happen all the time but it is possible if the psychic is not prepared for it.

Grammaton
Storm's main method of attack would have to lightening strikes - because everything else involves physical harm which we know is going to do nothing to the Hulk...and i've seen survive lightening strikes with ease.

Examples can be shown. Unless somone can tell me another way Storm could defeat the Hulk?

Swanky-Tuna
I don't think there is anything. Hulk's just one hearty dude.

Beta Ray Howard
Originally posted by Metalmanx

Most high level psychics have tried. He's got an incredible resistance that's tied to his rage. He's quite literally plowed through their barrages with ease on more than one occasion.

All-Goddess
Some of you NEED to get it together. Storm is one of the MOST powerful mutant s in the X-verse. What some are failing to understand is that Storm didn't kill Hulk by the sheer force of her bolts by repeatedly zapping him,she shut down the SYNAPSES in his brain.

I have that particular issue(it's been awhile since i read it) but that's pretty much what i remember. No matter how durable Hulk is,he still has organs, nerves an electric pulses flowing through him like the rest of us.She just basically shut him down with help from (Cable of course)

Then brought him back ot life. All these stiff dense people keep saying "well if Hulk took on Thor,or Hulk fought ____ "he's survived this" etc. but different characters,different powers,different situations.

It wasn't piss writing.It was actually pretty smart,and made sense scientifically.

All-Goddess
Originally posted by long pig
Hulk can jump Farther up than Storm can fly. (the guy has accidenly jumped to zero gravity space once and almost got freaking stuck)
He can jump Faster than Storm can fly.
I'll admit she could possibly push him back down for a while with an INSANELY powerful wind, but after a few times hulk would simply push through them.
Oh, and in anyfeatureless desert...the ground is made up of hard dirt or clay....hulk smash ground... hulk pick big peice of dirt up.... hulk throw at stupid weather broad.

laughing

He can't jump faster than she can fly,and just because he jumps at her doesn't mean he has the reflex speed to even grab her. That's the thing,once he jumps,he is already set in motion. He goes straight up,and then has to come down eventually.

Storm can move out of the way in a blink of an eye,better yet she CONTROLS the very air he jumps through. So it's moot roll eyes (sarcastic)

All-Goddess
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
How is the Hulk going to reach storm to harm her, or put a halt to her onslaught of devastation? Granted, the Hulk can leap, but storm can fly higher than he can leap. If Storm would simply fly to a height where she would be safe from Hulks reach. She could engage in apocalyptic wheather patterns all day.

Yeah it is a reach, but Storms abilities have never been soley explained in detail without later being contradicted. In extinction agenda, she supposedly has the ability to embrace the essence of the earth which would put her in a state where forces work through her feeding off of her intentions, placing her in a state resembeling jean grey and the phoenix. Other times she is said to have unlimited ability,but her body and mind cannot withstand the energy very long. Then they say again that she has the most powerfull potential, all she has to do is delve deeper into her abilities. This happens alot with the X-men, but i guess without proof. Hulk could take what storm could dish out untill she tired out, but if she could theoretically endure endless strain then the bout would go to her. Hulk is strong, stronger than supes, but mother nature is a force more raw and devastating than the hulk,atleast if the darkest sides of nature could be controlled.

Somebody smart
Happy Dance

Thank you!

janus77
Hulk wins this with ease. Thunderclap, end of Storm.

jitay
Originally posted by janus77
Hulk wins this with ease. Thunderclap, end of Storm.

You'd think she'd be used to thunder? :/

janus77
Originally posted by jitay
You'd think she'd be used to thunder? :/
You'd think she'd stop calling herself "godess", in a world where Thor (God Of Thunder) resides... She's a bit dim that girl.

And nah, if characters like Thor and Rulk can't stand against Hulk's thunderclaps, weaklings like Storm aren't going to survive at all.

quanchi112
Hulk wins.

Warlord
Hulk with ease

abhilegend
WTF is this crap?

StyleTime
I know right?

Storm destroys Hulk.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.