Bishop vs Doom

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Khellendros
Alright. Bishop can absord massive amounts of energy, which means he can take a blast from any of Doom's weapons. He's a skilled fighter who knows how to counteract a whole library of super powers (like flight, super strength, invisibility) and can make himself stronger, fire the energy back at amplified levels, or channel it into his plasma weapons.

The stips are random encounter, neutral territory, Doom is in his basic armor but can have any gadget her normally carries around except the gun that neutralizes superhuman powers.

DarkCrawler
Can he absorb magic?

Doom wins.

Khellendros
I... honestly don't know. It is energy, but I don't know if he's been attacked with it before.

Wonderman
Bishop can only absorb energy. So say if he was facing Havok who's has solids or Strom with lightning. He'd fall if hit. He prob. can absorb magic energy but he doesn't absorb "energy magic" if you get my drift.
Doom is like a walking tank. I think he'd nail Bishop. If he didn't get it over with fast though Bishops energy powers could prob. overwhelm Dr. Dooms armor.

DarkCrawler
http://www.chez.com/theballbreaker/sprite/marvel/drdoom1.gif http://www.chez.com/theballbreaker/sprite/marvel/bishop-EnDD2.gif

Cosmic Cube
Bishop wouldn't lose to Havok or Storm. He can absorb ANY type of energy directed at him. He once took a fully powered blast from Onslaught that would haver destroyed the X-Men, and absorbed it with ease. I'm not sure if he can absorb Magic, but don't count him out so early. Bishop can win.

Scoobless
can he absorb a bullet........ erm........ i mean without being injured or dieing........ cos i'm sure doc Doom would have a few old fashioned guns lying around

Cosmic Cube
Actually, yes he can, and has. Well, he can't absorb the actual bullet, (of course), but, if he is aware he is about to be shot, he can absorb the kinetic energy of the bullet upon contact, causing it to fall harmlessly to the ground.

Alpha Centauri
If he got shot in the head, that wouldn't work.

-AC

Cosmic Cube
And why not?

Alpha Centauri
Because he has to use his mind to control his body, his body absorbs the energy.

If his brain has a bullet shearing through it, I doubt it'd work too well.

-AC

DarkCrawler
What if Doom would just strangle him with his strenght?

Alpha Centauri
People actually forget that Doom is an accomplished martial artist.

-AC

ZephroCarnelian
Yeah, exactly. If Bishop could absorb KINETIC energy, then he'd be immune to physical atacks. Would a punch from Superman do anything to him? I personally think it would...

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
What if Doom would just strangle him with his strenght? Wow, that's the greatest answer ever.

Seriously, what if Doom did just strangle Bishop? Bishop has no wind to blow Doom around with.

Alpha Centauri
T-That's Storm, Swanky.

-AC

Swanky-Tuna
I'm just saying, without wind, Doom cannot be stopped.

ZephroCarnelian
No, no, no - you need lightning too. To hit the ground with. *nods sagely*

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Because he has to use his mind to control his body, his body absorbs the energy.

If his brain has a bullet shearing through it, I doubt it'd work too well.

-AC

Alpha, Bishop could absorb the energy of the bullet as soon as it touches his skin. Yes, even if the skin is on his head.

Originally posted by ZephroCarnelian
Yeah, exactly. If Bishop could absorb KINETIC energy, then he'd be immune to physical atacks. Would a punch from Superman do anything to him? I personally think it would...

Actually, Bishop has absorbed hits from Juggernaut. He is not immune to damage. If he isn't expecting the attack, he can't absorb it. Yes, theoretically, Bishop could absorb a hit from Superman. IF he expected it. Superman could hit him long before he expected it.

Cosmic Cube
Bishop is equally adept at fighting as Doom is.

Scoobless
so his skin can absorb these attacks....... what about his eyes? Doom could poke him in the eyes and run away......... then, when Bishop can't see him, use a long range sniper rifle

Cosmic Cube
Uhh... I think that when the energy touches him, he absorbs it. When he absorbed Onslaught's blast, his eyes were open, and they didn't get burned out, or anything. So, I guess his eyes can absorb energy too.

IRTMU-Dragon
Phew, and I am back. And I had a good time... ahem...

Yeah...

Anyways, his entire body can absorb energy cosmic, not just one part of it.

Cosmic Cube
That is what I assumed.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Alpha, Bishop could absorb the energy of the bullet as soon as it touches his skin. Yes, even if the skin is on his head.

You said yourself, if he is caught unaware it won't work. If he could literally absorb anything and everything thrown at him he'd be ranked alot higher.

-AC

Cosmic Cube
True, he can't. He can absorb any type of energy, but not if he doesn't know it's coming. Many of his enemies have used this to their advantage. Once, Juggernaut snuck in and landed a punch on him, knocking him out. How Juggernaut can sneak is beyond me.

DarkCrawler
Lol. laughing out loud

But what about Doom's magic? And can he absorb the kinetic energy of strangling?

Cause if you say that Bishop can beat Doom, we are going too far in this pro-Xmen stuff. smile

Alpha Centauri
Like I said, it went too far with Rogue Vs Hulk.

It's just gone downhill from there.

-AC

DarkCrawler
Yeah.

Scoobless
so can bishop stand in the middle of a fire and not be harmed? what about a nuclear explosion? ......... bloody x-upgrades

DarkCrawler
He can absorb telepathic energy too so mind assaults don't work on him.

Wynndar
why would u assume Doom would blast someone who absorbs kinetic energy...with energy blasts? that would be stupid and not in his nature...he would probably either turn off Bishop's powers, or infect him with a techno organic virus...or suck all the life force out of his body or something...

Khellendros
Originally posted by Wynndar
why would u assume Doom would blast someone who absorbs kinetic energy...with energy blasts? that would be stupid and not in his nature...he would probably either turn off Bishop's powers, or infect him with a techno organic virus...or suck all the life force out of his body or something...
Yeah, that was a stip I added in the first post. No turning off his powers. Doom has to find another way to beat him. I dunno, I think the jury is out on magic, as far as I know. It IS energy, but... shrug. It seems to be a fifty fifty thing. Does Doom actually do that? Suck the life force out of his opponents? The ones who aren't cosmic levelled, I mean. Anyways, Doom can try strangling or beating Bish up, but it's not going to be easy. Like I said, Bishop knowns tactics for countering almost any super power, super strength included, and he's a damn good fighter.

long pig
what could bishop do to doom?
ive never heard bishop being able to absorb any kentetic energy....hmm...i do remember him being totally drained and sitting in the rain absorbing each drops power to power up ...ehh makes sense id guess.
doom can stop time right? a time stopped bishop cant expect much of anything.
a well place foot to the yarbles is all thats needed.

eleveninches
DOOM

Bishop is DOOMed

long pig
clever.

Lord Ryugen
Can't Doom switch bodies with people. Why can't he just activate a self-destruct mode in his armour, do a quick switch and watch evily as Bishop's new bod goes up in a blaze of glory...well a blaze a least.

long pig
or have a doom bot handle his easy work. or inhabit bishops body and play a game of "why are you hitting yourself huh?? stop hitting yourself!"

Lord Ryugen
Yeah! sounds like Doom alright.

Victor Von Doom
I don't buy this. It's almost as dubious as Doomsday's alleged power.

If he can block anything he's expecting: why not just expect everything all the time? How do we define expecting? Physically anticipating the specific attack? What about a machine gun? Surely he isn't anticipating each bullet, so he's just generally anticipating the attack: again, why not always anticipate everything?

Another case of X-Men upgrading going past the point of credulity I feel.

Unless anyone has a proper explanation of how the power functions.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by Khellendros
Doom can try strangling or beating Bish up, but it's not going to be easy. Like I said, Bishop knowns tactics for countering almost any super power, super strength included, and he's a damn good fighter.

What if he just grabs him in the throat and crushes it.

(Hr has class 2 strenght)

Khellendros
What if he just grabs him in the throat and crushes it.

(Hr has class 2 strenght)
What is class 2 in pounds/tons? On the 1 to 7 scale isn't 2 about average, or are you using a different scale? Anyways, he's going to have to be damn fast or lucky, because if Bishop sees his hand coming, chances are he can either dodge or counter in some way.

Zahit
Doom's armor under normal conditions can lift 2 tons. I'm assuming he
can boost this for brief periods as needed.

LordFear
Why the f*&^K are most of the Xmen like upgraded to stupid levels.
Expecting????? Just like VVD just mentioned, why can't he just expect an assault all the time and therefore be invincible???
That's why I stopped buying Xmen. They are getting ridiculous. 10 years ago you would see or read that Logan could slash IM with one hit and disable him. Now he is jumping off of stuff killing dozens, doing stunts that are DD level and beating a powerhouse like IM. Xmen suck period!!

Khellendros
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
I don't buy this. It's almost as dubious as Doomsday's alleged power.

If he can block anything he's expecting: why not just expect everything all the time? How do we define expecting? Physically anticipating the specific attack? What about a machine gun? Surely he isn't anticipating each bullet, so he's just generally anticipating the attack: again, why not always anticipate everything?

Another case of X-Men upgrading going past the point of credulity I feel.

Unless anyone has a proper explanation of how the power functions.
I don't think anyone mutant in Marvel can use their power all the time. Even those with super strength and speed get tired eventually. He very likely would get tired if he used his power all the time, even if just from mental fatigue. One assumes he has to see an opportunity for attack (like someone he doesn't know holding a gun) and react by activating some sort of energy absorbing field.

Khellendros
Originally posted by Zahit
Doom's armor under normal conditions can lift 2 tons. I'm assuming he
can boost this for brief periods as needed.
Still, though, he's going to have to be damn fast. Bishop can use absorbed energy to ramp up his own strength and endurance as well and it's a simple matter to dodge or even through someone lunging at your throat.

LordFear
Furthermore let's argue that Bishop has his "expectations powers" at full blast. How is someone as proficient in the art of magic and hexes as Victor cannot defeat him? We are assuming that magic obeys by the same laws as kinetic energy? Magic may obey by certain laws but it's nothing scientific therefore it's safe to assume that Doom would realize who he is up against and switch to his magic. As a last resort, Doom could also just preprogam his armor to detonate at maximum level within a certain amount of time and transport himself out of it while he witnesses Bishop's body limbs go flying.

DarkCrawler
When he has used all his energy, he is normal human. Doom still has his armor.

Alpha Centauri
I don't ever........ever.......ever wanna hear another person say "Doom is overrated" ever again.

The X-Men and their associates are getting to be the most overrated characters on this entire board, for no reason at all.

-AC

Khellendros
Originally posted by LordFear
Furthermore let's argue that Bishop has his "expectations powers" at full blast. How is someone as proficient in the art of magic and hexes as Victor cannot defeat him? We are assuming that magic obeys by the same laws as kinetic energy? Magic may obey by certain laws but it's nothing scientific therefore it's safe to assume that Doom would realize who he is up against and switch to his magic. As a last resort, Doom could also just preprogam his armor to detonate at maximum level within a certain amount of time and transport himself out of it while he witnesses Bishop's body limbs go flying.
Magic may not be energy that obeys the laws of physics as we know them, but it is still energy. I still say its fifty-fifty. As for the suit blowing up, well, see all posts before this. Even if it's too large for him to store all at once, he could begin releasing the energy from his body when eh began approaching his limit. He's done so before when he got stabbed with a psychic knife by Legion. He created a sort of backfeed loop.

When he has used all his energy, he is normal human. Doom still has his armor.
Yeah, but how do you deplete the energy reserves of an enemy who gains more energy from just about every attack you can make.

Mainstream
bishop Black power? not this time Doom takes it!

Alpha Centauri
I'm waiting for the day that Professor X's becomes both the world's best martial artist and break dancer in one.

Not much of a change in X-Men terms.

-AC

Khellendros
I'm waiting for the day that Professor X's becomes both the world's best martial artist and break dancer in one.

Not much of a change in X-Men terms.

-AC
Naah, they really don't seem to wanna let that man keep a working pair of legs. Even if he got them back for a while, they'd just get shattered again.

LordFear
Don't you people see what I and several other members are trying to say? We are arguing how a simple man like Bishop albeit powerful in his own rights but yet a fairly one dimensional character is boosted into insane levels. By rights that would mean that Bishop could go toe to toe with Thor, Loki, Fing Fang Foom or the Destroyer armor or EVEN Silver Surfer. It's complete nonsense. WHEN is this XMEn insanity gonna end???
It's like if you are an XMAN you can't lose!!!What's that all about? Doom usurped Beyonder, SS, and other massive beings powers. He can't knock off Bishop>??????????????

Alpha Centauri
People are so intent on proving that A) Doom is overrated and B) The X-Men are good, that they don't stay on topic for very long. They bury themselves in theoretics and eventualities.

Rather than waking up and saying, "Wait....it IS Doom Vs Bishop"...and realising how dumb it is.

-AC

Khellendros
Originally posted by LordFear
Don't you people see what I and several other members are trying to say? We are arguing how a simple man like Bishop albeit powerful in his own rights but yet a fairly one dimensional character is boosted into insane levels. By rights that would mean that Bishop could go toe to toe with Thor, Loki, Fing Fang Foom or the Destroyer armor or EVEN Silver Surfer. It's complete nonsense. WHEN is this XMEn insanity gonna end???
It's like if you are an XMAN you can't lose!!!What's that all about? Doom usurped Beyonder, SS, and other massive beings powers. He can't knock off Bishop>??????????????
Sure I see what you're saying, it just doesn't bug me as much as it does you. Except for that damn Emma turning to diamonf thing, these upgrades really just seem like the natural progression of developing powers.

People are so intent on proving that A) Doom is overrated and B) The X-Men are good, that they don't stay on topic for very long. They bury themselves in theoretics and eventualities.

Rather than waking up and saying, "Wait....it IS Doom Vs Bishop"...and realising how dumb it is.
Actually, I'm not that intent this time. I just threw this out there to see what happened. I believe Bishop can keep the fight going for a good long time, but I'm not gonna lose sleep if, say, someone points to a comic where Bishop fails to absorb magic and essentially kills this debate.

Alpha Centauri
Keeping the fight going doesn't matter if the result is him losing.

This happens in every thread. "Rogue would lose to Hulk but she'd go down fighting", she's going down though, so what does it matter?

X-Men hyping needs to end. Just pointless.

-AC

DarkCrawler

Yeah, but how do you deplete the energy reserves of an enemy who gains more energy from just about every attack you can make.

Strangling? Using a spell that turns him into a cow?

Khellendros
Keeping the fight going doesn't matter if the result is him losing.

This happens in every thread. "Rogue would lose to Hulk but she'd go down fighting", she's going down though, so what does it matter?

X-Men hyping needs to end. Just pointless.

-AC
Yeah, well, if Doom runs out of power before Bishop does, that's a bit of a loss isn't it?

Strangling? Using a spell that turns him into a cow?
Strangling is almost certainly not going to happen because Bishop is an excellent fighter. There's no decisive evidence that magical energy can or can't be absorbed, so that's a big fat maybe.

ebonyblade1
yeah bishop has been upgraded. But his biggest upgrade isn't his power but his mind. When Age of Apoc happened bishop had to absorb a lot of chronal energy. That alone should have made him the most powerful being in marvel. When you think about it chronal energy is suppose to be the reason sentry is so powerful. Anyway, so to explain that he had to be able to absorb most if not all types of energy. I don't have a problem with it because he was cool when he got there and he is still a cool character. Anyway since he is from the future bishop has knowledge about the major players in marvel weaknesses and strength. How they die and how they live. You know stuff like that. Plus he was trained to fight in a very harsh time in human period. So yeah he's a badass. I say doom wins with some gadget that he teleports from his castle. but doom will not beat bishop in a physical one on one battle. If he uses magic it's no contest. You can't beat a magical armor made out of some one who loves you. But that's kinda weak and defeated in it's own way.

Alpha Centauri
Strangling is almost certainly not going to happen because Bishop is an excellent fighter. There's no decisive evidence that magical energy can or can't be absorbed, so that's a big fat maybe.

I thought you really liked using big fat maybes.

-AC

Khellendros
I thought you really liked using big fat maybes.

-AC
Naah. I like fit, well toned maybes.

DarkCrawler
How is Bishop going to remove Doom's hands from his throat? Doom can lift two tonnes.

Khellendros
How is Bishop going to remove Doom's hands from his throat? Doom can lift two tonnes.
A fighter of sufficient skill would never let the hand get there. Doom may weigh two tons, but a judo type throw from a ramped up Bishop would put him on his ass.

DarkCrawler
Doom is an accomplished martial artist.

Khellendros
Doom is an accomplished martial artist.
And Bishop is an accomplished fighter. The difference is that Doom has likely trained against peak level humans at best, while Bishop has trained to fight and win against super humans.

Scoobless
what if Doom runs him over in the Doommobile? you can see how angry he looks in this picture ....... taken just before he decided on the green armour

http://www.dfcom.freeserve.co.uk/hbw/images/pen5.gif

Khellendros
Originally posted by Scoobless
what if Doom runs him over in the Doommobile? you can see how angry he looks in this picture ....... taken just before he decided on the green armour

http://www.dfcom.freeserve.co.uk/hbw/images/pen5.gif
laughing
Man, Bishop is f*cked then!

Wynndar
Doom killed a lion with his bare hands...i dont think many regular humans in the MU can do that...i dont think Bishop could do it without his powers...I honestly think Doom is probably a better fighter.

Khellendros
Doom killed a lion with his bare hands...i dont think many regular humans in the MU can do that...i dont think Bishop could do it without his powers...I honestly think Doom is probably a better fighter.
You're allowed your opinions, I'm just telling you what I know. Bishop is trained to take down fighters who are much stronger and faster than Doom. I don't think Doom is winning this in hand-to-hand.

Wynndar
fighting ability and power r totally independent of one another...it doesnt matter how powerful ur opponent u train against is. That would have just as much merit as saying Bishop is used to fighting guys stronger than Shang Chi...but we all know Shang Chi would drop his ass. Do u think Bishop could kill a 500lb lion with his bare hands? i dont. And speaking of power, Doom killed the lion after battling a Celestial, Doom is used to fighting more powerful people than Bishop ever dreamt of fighting.

Khellendros
fighting ability and power r totally independent of one another...it doesnt matter how powerful ur opponent u train against is. That would have just as much merit as saying Bishop is used to fighting guys stronger than Shang Chi...but we all know Shang Chi would drop his ass. Do u think Bishop could kill a 500lb lion with his bare hands? i dont. And speaking of power, Doom killed the lion after battling a Celestial, Doom is used to fighting more powerful people than Bishop ever dreamt of fighting.
I agree, to some extent. I'm not saying that Doom is a weakling physically, and I'm not saying that with his weapons and armor, he isn't badass. I'm saying that in a hand-to-hand fight, Bishop would win. And against Doom's energy weapons, bishop would just take them and keep coming. Can Bishop kill a lion? I don't know. It's never happened in a comic, and if I just give my opinion, then AC will whine about how I'm launching into unlikely theoreticals or whatever.

Killing a lion doesn't take martial arts skill. It takes strength and intelligence and luck. Bishop isn't some animal who is going to rush mindlessly at Doom, he's a skilled human fighter who uses his head in any battle.

Scoobless
an unarmed normal, or even peak, human being would have zero chance in a 1 on 1 encounter with a healthy adult lion....... if marvel wrote that he killed one with his "bare hands" than that is even more far fetched than wolverine surviving a nuke
male adult lions weigh over 500lbs and can bring down a buffalo neither Doom nor Captain freakin' America would (or maybe i ought to say SHOULD) be able to survive a lion attack, let alone kill the lion

http://www.lioncrusher.com/images/Lion_05.jpg

Wynndar
hey thats a tight pic...where u get it?

Scoobless
i just did a google image search

Wynndar
but back to the topic...I dont think Bishop could kill a lion with his bare hands ...although he rarely has to break them out, Doom has incredible hand to hand fighting skills apparently...its not just pure fighting skill, its that Doom is sposed to be the most determined, focused, and spiritual adversary on Earth. Bishop was trained in the future in military like methods...Doom was trained in the martial arts by monks, and probably otherplaces, he's always picking up new stuff ie. Ovoid mind switch. I wouldnt even rate Bishop that highly in terms of best fighters on Earth...give Bishop his weapons...Dooms r better. I dont understand why u brought up Bishop being trained to fight more powerful opponents, u dont know how powerul Doom's armor is...and I could use that same argument to say Doom has not only fought but beaten far more powerful opponents single handed.

Wynndar
what did u search for?
i want that pic

Khellendros
but back to the topic...I dont think Bishop could kill a lion with his bare hands ...although he rarely has to break them out, Doom has incredible hand to hand fighting skills apparently...its not just pure fighting skill, its that Doom is sposed to be the most determined, focused, and spiritual adversary on Earth. Bishop was trained in the future in military like methods...Doom was trained in the martial arts by monks, and probably otherplaces, he's always picking up new stuff ie. Ovoid mind switch. I wouldnt even rate Bishop that highly in terms of best fighters on Earth...give Bishop his weapons...Dooms r better. I dont understand why u brought up Bishop being trained to fight more powerful opponents, u dont know how powerul Doom's armor is...and I could use that same argument to say Doom has not only fought but beaten far more powerful opponents single handed.
I meant physically powerful. As in strength. And I know Doom has better weapons, but they all use energy, which Bishop can absorb. I don't care how skilled Doom is, Bishop can take on multiple opponents with different powers in hand-to-hand combat and can absorb the kinetic energy of any punch and kick Victor throws out. Doom is not bringing Bishop down in a physical fight.

savagerampage
Bishop being trained to fight more powerful opponents? who? doom would beat his ass a 1000 different ways

Wynndar
hahaha...like i said before...Doom is smart enough to build time machines...he will know Bishop absorbs KE...thus he takes him down with techno organic virus or sub zero attacks...saying he would try to blast or box bishop is jus f-ing ignorant.

savagerampage
Bishop come on guys bishop? Nevermind bishop doom has more people to worry about like the fantastic 4. bishop is like an ant to him

Khellendros
Originally posted by savagerampage
Bishop being trained to fight more powerful opponents? who? doom would beat his ass a 1000 different ways
You need to read this thread before posting that crap. Bishop, when he lived in the future, was a cop whose job was to arrest mutants. As such, he learned tactics and fighting techniques to let him counter nearly any mutant power. Doom can only lift 2 tons with his armor on and is about average speed. Bishop has taken on groups of mutants with varying powers in a hand-to-hand fight and won.

Punching or kicking Bishop won't work because he can absorb the kinetic energy from the blows. Using his weapons on Bishop won't work because he can absorb that energy too. You go ahead and name even TEN ways Doom can beat Bishop. I dare you.

Wynndar
once again, ignorant...Doom's armor varries...he was able to grapple Terrax who is at least class 75...i would give a Doombot 2 tons of strength...the real Doom, no one knows

Khellendros
once again, ignorant...Doom's armor varries...he was able to grapple Terrax who is at least class 75...i would give a Doombot 2 tons of strength...the real Doom, no one knows
Well, that's convenient. Until someone shows differently, his base armor in this thread gives him two ton lifting strength.

Wynndar
well i already mentioned Sub zero attacks, biological or techno organic attacks, Corrosive attacks, numerous mystical attacks, etc.

Doom has taken a blast from Thanos straight up...tell me how Bishops puny weapons r going to hurt him...

Khellendros
well i already mentioned Sub zero attacks, biological or techno organic attacks, Corrosive attacks, numerous mystical attacks, etc.
Technoorganic attacks?? Since when does Doom use the T-O virus?

savagerampage
Doom has beaten the fantastic 4 among many others. bishop compared to the fantastic 4 is laughable. true bishop has hunted down mutants but doom is one of the most powerful villians on earth. Bishop is always better as a team player. going solo against doom would spell doom for him

Khellendros
Doom has beaten the fantastic 4 among many others. bishop compared to the fantastic 4 is laughable. true bishop has hunted down mutants but doom is one of the most powerful villians on earth. Bishop is always better as a team player. going solo against doom would spell doom for him
Yes, but I notice you didn't list any of the ways Doom COULD beat Bishop. Too late now, though, Wynndar did your work for you.

savagerampage
doom could create a telepathic device, mess up his mind put him under his control. create a nano mite to mess up his neverous system

Khellendros
doom could create a telepathic device, mess up his mind put him under his control. create a nano mite to mess up his neverous system
Bishop is resistant to telepathy and, if I'm not mistaken, he was immunized against nanotechnology attacks but I'm still looking around to confirm that.

savagerampage
he is resistant so is almost anyone if they put up a fight. Actually didnt onslaught, go into bishops head. xavier did it as well

Khellendros
he is resistant so is almost anyone if they put up a fight. Actually didnt onslaught, go into bishops head. xavier did it as well
Xavier went in because Bishop needed him to. Onslaught was... well he was F8CKING Onslaught, not som invention Doom could whip up in seconds. Besides, I said no prep time for either.

savagerampage
k what about the nanotechnology? it would work on him wouldnt it

Khellendros
k what about the nanotechnology? it would work on him wouldnt it
HA I knew it! I found it! X-treme X-men #30. A bad guy is doing bad things to children by using nano machines to mess with their nervous systems. Bishop is revealed to be immune because he was immunized against them in the future. So nano bots are out.

savagerampage
i stand corrected. hmmmmmmm what about doom landing a crushing elbow to the adams apple, followed by a mini grenade down his throat. would he be able to absorb an internal explosion?

Wynndar
Technoorganic attacks?? Since when does Doom use the T-O virus?

He knows T-O pretty well i think, he was an ally of being of pure T-O material...right around the time Reed Richards got trapped in the Doom armor a cople years ago. or he could use genetic/bio attacks...like the one that mutated Sharon Ventura

Khellendros
He knows T-O pretty well i think, he was an ally of being of pure T-O material...right around the time Reed Richards got trapped in the Doom armor a cople years ago. or he could use genetic/bio attacks...like the one that mutated Sharon Ventura
No prep time. Does he carry around the machine he used to mutate her all the time?

i stand corrected. hmmmmmmm what about doom landing a crushing elbow to the adams apple, followed by a mini grenade down his throat. would he be able to absorb an internal explosion?
Doom wouldn't land it, because Bishop would absorb the kinetic energy from the blow.

Wynndar
no one knows what Doom carries around all the time

Khellendros
no one knows what Doom carries around all the time
Well what was it he used to mutate her? Was it a handheld gun of some kind or a machine in his lab?

savagerampage
Well juggernaut knocked him and gambit out? wouldnt bishop be able to absorb the energy there as well?

Khellendros
Well juggernaut knocked him and gambit out? wouldnt bishop be able to absorb the energy there as well?
He caught Bishop by surprise. You can't elbow someone in the throat without them seeing it coming.

savagerampage
not if you come from the side. say bishop is being distracted by a doombot,and doom blindsides bishop. would bishop be able to absorb an internal blast?

Wynndar
Well what was it he used to mutate her? Was it a handheld gun of some kind or a machine in his lab?

i think a Doombot sprayed some stuff on her on the street...

Khellendros
not if you come from the side. say bishop is being distracted by a doombot,and doom blindsides bishop. would bishop be able to absorb an internal blast?
It's Doom versus Bishop, not Bishop versus Doom and a couple Doombots. I'm not even responding to the grenade thing on purpose, because its ridiculous.

i think a Doombot sprayed some stuff on her on the street...
Then it was most likely a chemical he had to repare beforehand and has a limited shelf life and was only used by a Doombot at that. I don't think Doom brings it into every fight.

savagerampage
im just curious if bishop can absorb internal blasts say that was to happen could his body absorb the blast from it. you know more about bishop then i do. could it be possible or would he simple blow up

Khellendros
im just curious if bishop can absorb internal blasts say that was to happen could his body absorb the blast from it. you know more about bishop then i do. could it be possible or would he simple blow up
I don't know for sure, because it's never come up in a comic as far as I know. But Doom is not forcing a hand grenade down Bishop's throat.

savagerampage
i didnt say hand grenade but something smaller with the same type of impact.

Khellendros
i didnt say hand grenade but something smaller with the same type of impact.
It doesn't matter. It's not getting forced down his throat no matter how small it is.

Wynndar
It's Doom versus Bishop, not Bishop versus Doom and a couple Doombots. I'm not even responding to the grenade thing on purpose, because its ridiculous.

Then it was most likely a chemical he had to repare beforehand and has a limited shelf life and was only used by a Doombot at that. I don't think Doom brings it into every fight.

limited shelf life? r u trying to sound like a fanboy? dont try to make any excuses for Doom not having a non KE offense against Bishop...more than likely Doom has a non KE attack on hand and would be able to use it...he rarely uses head on force to deal with an adversary and would certainly not try to attack someone like Bishop with forcebolts or whatever. Doom would kick Bishop's ass along with the rest of the X-men. and u still havent explained how Bishop is supposed to hurt Doom...like i said earlier, If Doom's regular armor allows him to grapple with terrax, KO Adam Warlock in a single Blast, and stand against a blast from Thanos, Im certain he can stand up to Bishop's silly little plasma rifle.

Khellendros
and u still havent explained how Bishop is supposed to hurt Doom...
Energy blast to the eyes. laughing

DarkCrawler
Bishop was one time losing to Sabretooth because he didn't had any energy left. She-Devil saved him though.

Bishop seemingly can't absorb hits from sharp things. So Doom could just stab him.

Or be crafty and pretend to surrender. Then when Bishop calms down, blast him.

http://www.uncannyxmen.net/images/spotlight/bishop15.jpg

DarkCrawler
Energy blast to the eyes. laughing

Forcefield laughing

long pig
Doom has beaten a Lion ...but has he ever fought a...liger????
http://stuff.ubersite.com/1109839523609521528/1/liger.jpg
probably my most favorite animal

DarkCrawler
Yeah, the biggest feline in the world.

DarkCrawler
Yeah, the biggest feline in the world.

long pig
tigon is from mating a female lion with a male tiger, they are dwarfs...cant find pics of them tho.
oh, and doesnt that guy look like nick cage??

DarkCrawler
lol.

Scoobless
hey Wynndar, this is the site i got the lion fight pic from

http://www.lioncrusher.com/animal.asp?animal=59&page=3

use this link in the images: Male and female lion fight (view)

Nataku8188
How is bishop going to hurt him? He uses pure energy/physical attacks... Doom took a blast from Thanos... with the IG.

Bishop has 0, ZERO, chance of dealing any damage to Doom. Big D will simply look at him, whip out the 'ole netgun and net him. From there he will step on his skull and crush it.

Scoobless
couldn't doom just grab him, fly him into the sea and drown him?....... or something aalong thos lines........ smothering him perhaps?

Vegetto
Ehrm... I guess absorbing kinetic energy is a new thing for Bishop because I can't remember him ever doing that way back when. Also I would need proof that he can absorb telepathic energy... just doesn't seem to make sense to me. As for the thing where he has to be "ready" to absorb things... I know I read in a comic a long time ago that he was telling the other X-men that his power doesn't have an off switch, so I can't see how that would affect him. Everyone was being held immobile (and haveing their powers blocked) by either Magneto's powers, or someone else's telekinetic power, or something like that. I'm too lazy to do the research if its that far back. Whatever power it was that was holding them was still feeding him, so he faked not being able to move until he gathered enough power to use against whoever it was.

The way they keep amping up everyone's powers is annoying though.

Scoobless
it was Magneto holding him and the others in place....... he wasn't faking the not moving thing though, he couldn't break free at first not until he had absorbed a ton of energy........ which still doesn't make sense as he doesn't become physically powerful when charged (as far as i'm aware)

Khellendros
Originally posted by Nataku8188
Bishop has 0, ZERO, chance of dealing any damage to Doom. Big D will simply look at him, whip out the 'ole netgun and net him. From there he will step on his skull and crush it.
Yes, or Bishop could simply blast through the net before it hits him.

couldn't doom just grab him, fly him into the sea and drown him?....... or something aalong thos lines........ smothering him perhaps?
He could, except Bishop would never let Doom pick him up.

Originally posted by Vegetto
Ehrm... I guess absorbing kinetic energy is a new thing for Bishop because I can't remember him ever doing that way back when. Also I would need proof that he can absorb telepathic energy... just doesn't seem to make sense to me. As for the thing where he has to be "ready" to absorb things... I know I read in a comic a long time ago that he was telling the other X-men that his power doesn't have an off switch, so I can't see how that would affect him. Everyone was being held immobile (and haveing their powers blocked) by either Magneto's powers, or someone else's telekinetic power, or something like that. I'm too lazy to do the research if its that far back. Whatever power it was that was holding them was still feeding him, so he faked not being able to move until he gathered enough power to use against whoever it was.

The way they keep amping up everyone's powers is annoying though.
The kinetic energy is pretty new. I guess it took this long for someone to say "hey, the guy absorbs energy, why can't he absorbs KINETIC energy too?". He doesn't absorb telepathic energy. He is resistant to telepathic attacks and control. It was a part of his training. I don't know about the being ready, because it seems like there are more example of him getting caught off guard and hurt than there of his power always being on.

it was Magneto holding him and the others in place....... he wasn't faking the not moving thing though, he couldn't break free at first not until he had absorbed a ton of energy........ which still doesn't make sense as he doesn't become physically powerful when charged (as far as i'm aware)
Maybe he didn't in that comic, but he can and does use his stored energy to make himself stronger and give himself better endurance.

DarkCrawler
Let me post this again:

Bishop was one time losing to Sabretooth because he didn't had any energy left. She-Devil saved him though.

Bishop seemingly can't absorb hits from sharp things. So Doom could just stab him.

Or be crafty and pretend to surrender. Then when Bishop calms down, blast him.

http://www.uncannyxmen.net/images/spotlight/bishop15.jpg

How the hell is Bishop going to hurt Doom? You haven't answered to that. Doom can just rip his arms away with his superior stranght.

demigawd
During Fatal Attractions, Magneto ambushed four or five X-teams during a funeral and held them all in stasis with his power while giving them a stern lecture. Bishop was immobilized like everyone else, but he naturally absorbs energy around him. Eventually, Magneto was emitting so much energy that Bishop couldn't hold anymore. So like a child who overeats, or someone who consumes too much alcohol...he threw it up, right back at Magneto.

What a lot of people here are missing is the fact that even though Bishop can absorb energy, he can still be hurt by it. He's never shown the ability to absorb physical attacks without damage either (but I have full faith that he's a better H2H combatant than Doom anyway). He hasn't shown the ability to absorb telepathic energy, but he has pretty good natural resistence to it (not to be confused with immunity). The effect of magic on him is unknown, but Doom doesn't do magic without special equipment anyway, so let's throw that out.

So what I'm trying to say is that a Doom blast of sufficient concussive force would still knock Bishop out (like in the above scan). It's just that when he wakes up, he'd be more powerful. But he'd still be knocked out.

In the end, it would turn into a game of "Doom shoots Bishop, Bishop redirects Doom's energy at Doom's forcefield". IF Bishop can stay conscious long enough to keep it going, then it becomes a "Doom's blast vs. Doom's shield" contest (IMO Doom's shield wins). I don't know if Bishop can stay conscious long enough to determine that, however.

Scoobless
plus Doom's armour could be rigged to absorb energy like Iron Man's does as well

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.