Commercialization Begins

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JKozzy
I work at Target, and I noticed a pamphlet of considerable interest. It has one of the promotional images of Vader on the front, with the Revenge of the Sith logo on the front with him. I check it out, and it has a bunch of promotional signs that would be put up, and a list of all the merchandise that will be for sale, including the video game, action figures, and ROTS-themed gift cards. Looks like we'll be having quite the spectacle of merchandise stick out tongue

Boris
What can ya say, Luca$ sure does love his money lol stick out tongue

PVS
yes, he knows how to make it, and how to keep it.
i heard he has 75% of his assets in swiss bank accounts and the
remainder stuffed in his chin.

Cascador
I think I already received one of those images you talked about, when I got a republic commando t-shirt. That was already a week ago

JKozzy
Mm, yes, but these are the plans for all the items for ROTS. I was gonna take one for myself, but eh, I like keeping my job stick out tongue

Cascador
not a bad choicestick out tongue

PVS
OH COME ON!!!! DONT BE A WUSS!!!!

you mean to tell me you wouldnt forsake your job to please a bunch of fanboys you dont even know? stick out tongue

Padmé Amidala
I always knew that ROTS would have a huge marketing campaign, because Lucas always said that he thinks this film is going to do the worst out of all the Star Wars films.... Okay George, but it'll still probably be the biggest grossing film of the year! lol

JKozzy
Originally posted by PVS
OH COME ON!!!! DONT BE A WUSS!!!!

you mean to tell me you wouldnt forsake your job to please a bunch of fanboys you dont even know? stick out tongue Well, that pretty much sums it up smile

stick out tongue

PVS
i just want to know when they will start selling REAL lightsabers! eek!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/PVS/saberkill.gif

Lord Tyrant
I bet ROTS is going to be so big, that it will be the talk of everything.

Padmé Amidala
Hope so, it should be the biggest campaign considering its the last

Alliance
Hooray for capitalism.

Padmé Amidala
Hahaha ok

Darth Subjekt
Originally posted by PVS

damn, that must be a BIIIIIIIG 25%! eek!

smoker4
Originally posted by PVS

laughing out loud

cylob49
Yeah and this movie aint gonna be for kids...................SURE LUCA$

Red Superfly
Why does he think this film is too dark for Star Wars anyway? Did he have his memory erased after he made Empire Strikes Back or something?

Cascador
I think this surely will be darker than ep V...

darktim1
Well I read a line today where anakin cuts off one of sepertist arms and then cuts off his head and then says thank you now I think that is dark I saw at walmart yesterday yoda poster saying come join us on april 2, to celebrate star wars.

lucasfilm
i wish that they kinda didnt have al this shit out. i eamn.. sure, i LOVE having toys and stuff.. but its pretty frustrating when all these people are talking about it and they have no effing clue what characters names are and just all of that... i mean.. i can tolerate it... and i KNOW that us as hug fans know way more and blah blah blah, but hey.. its just a little weird

Gundark
Well humor the old mod here, folks. All this talk of George's piggy bank has FORCED me into re-posting this ditty that I posted here a long time ago in a galaxy....well you know the rest.

Took me about three days to make up these words, some of you may have seen this before, most of you probably haven't and I'm sure you'll all think I'm nuts. This is sung to the tune of "My Favorite Things" from The Sound of Music. Ah, stop cringing already.....

"Stormtroopers Helmets and Chewie's Bowcaster"
"Those Ewoks on Endor sure were a disaster"
"And why don't Cantina Band guys ever sing?"
"These are a few of my favorite things"

"Ozzel and Needa lay dead on the deck"
"Hey Captain Piett, it looks like you're next"
"Piss off Darth Vader and look what it brings"

"Grand Moff Tarkin!!! Artoo-Detoo!!!"
"Lando had a cool pad"
"I simply remember my favorite things
and then I don't feel so bad"

"Threepio doesn't like asteroid fields"
"Luke went to Yoda's and had a bad meal"
"The Princess and Solo are having a fling"

"Old Ben Kenobi believed in the Force"
"Jabba the Hutt was as big as a horse"
"Does Vader's cape ever get static cling?"

"Merchandising !!! Re-releases !!!"
"George's wallet gets fat"
"I simply remember my favorite things
and then I don't feel so bad"

Jedi Priestess
hysterical Gundy~

darth_achilles
Ha Ha, nice

stefaan
What the ****, Lucasfilm, you love having toys? Are you confirming every stereotype? he loves having toys...he loves having toys....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.