Mxyzptlk vs Galactus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Hegemon875
I personally believe Mxy will have no problem since his powers are limitless but I wanted to see if there are any otehr opnions out there.

The Flash
I also believe that Galactus is nothing compared to Mr. Mxyzptlk.

Cosmic Cube
When has Mxyzptlk ever demonstrated, or been said to have limitless power? By someone other than you, of course.

Anything Mxyzptlk could do, Galactus could undo.

Superherovandal
he does have limitless power he can't be killed. doesn't exhaust. He could give himself powers that make Galactus look like a wimpering little ant that just had his brother Eternity squashed by Mxy's foot.

Superherovandal
he could if he wanted to trap Spectre and that is saying a lot as Spectre can be infinitely more powerful than Galactus.

Hegemon875
All mxy has to do is erase all the planets and life in the universe then there would nothing for galactus to feed off of. Mxy has complete control over time and reality.

Cosmic Cube
Mxyzptlk is not omnipotent. He is not capable of wiping out the universe, nor has he ever displayed complete control over time and reality, or any such power. Galactus, however, has displayed universe destroying power. The only powers above him are the Heart of the Universe, Infinity Gauntlet, Phoenix Force, Death, and Eternity.

hoorayforpeepee
and by the way, spectre is only potentially more powerful than galactus. same way that gambit is potentially the most powerful mutant in existence.

but he ain't, and neither is spectre.

hoorayforpeepee
hey cosmic, you know how eternity/infinity are flipsides of the same concept?

does death have a flipside? because i think it might actually be the phoenix force. if not, it's possible that phoenix force is to eternity/infinity as in-betweener is to master order/lord chaos.

i hope the former is true, because that could potentially lead to a jean grey/thanos showdown, champion of life v champion of death.

WAY off topic here.

Kento
Well didn't Mxy make Joker king of the world with the ability to do whatever he wanted? That's pretty powerful, and completely changed reality.

illadelph12
Actually, Mxyzptlk gave Joker a majority of his own powers, then had to call in Supes when Joker became to much to handle.

eleveninches
Originally posted by The Flash
I also believe that Galactus is nothing compared to Mr. Mxyzptlk. yes tis true

Hegemon875
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
When has Mxyzptlk ever demonstrated, or been said to have limitless power? By someone other than you, of course.

Anything Mxyzptlk could do, Galactus could undo.

http://www.unstable.com/whoswho/mxyzptlk.htm

a quote "his magic allows Mxyzptlk to do literally ANYTHING -- from animating the inanimate and creating matter out of thin air
"

Mainstream
the stuff mixy does usually only last for a while

Hegemon875
Mxyzptlk is not omnipotent. He is not capable of wiping out the universe, nor has he ever displayed complete control over time and reality, or any such power. Galactus, however, has displayed universe destroying power. The only powers above him are the Heart of the Universe, Infinity Gauntlet, Phoenix Force, Death, and Eternity.

though he is not truly omnipotent from our perspective he is, hes from a higher dimension, the 5th dimension.

eleveninches
Mxy

Hegemon875
Originally posted by Mainstream
the stuff mixy does usually only last for a while

Not inherently only becasue he wants it to be so.

Hegemon875
If you think Galactus is more powerful than mxy than in my book youre a Galactus fanboy, or ignorant of mxy's capapbilites.

illadelph12
The real question is, could Galactus get that arrogant fool Mxyzptlk to say his name backwards?

Mxyzptlk is not completely omnipotent. He can only come to the Earth dimension every 90 days. He's more like a goofy ass version of Q from Star Trek, except that Q doesn't have the "Make me say my name backwards and I'm defeated" weakness. And his "magic" is more along the lines of reality manipulation in alternate dimensions. He's not a sorceror (who call upon extradimensional entities to aid them in manipulating this dimension), he IS an extradimensional entity.

Hegemon875
Originally posted by illadelph12
The real question is, could Galactus get that arrogant fool Mxyzptlk to say his name backwards?

Mxyzptlk is not completely omnipotent. He can only come to the Earth dimension every 90 days. He's more like a goofy ass version of Q from Star Trek, except that Q doesn't have the "Make me say my name backwards and I'm defeated" weakness. And his "magic" is more along the lines of reality manipulation in alternate dimensions. He's not a sorceror (who call upon extradimensional entities to aid them in manipulating this dimension), he IS an extradimensional entity.

first off I created this thread to see who thinks who would win in a fight so its a given they will battle, so it doesnt matter myx can only come to our dimension every 90 days and has the backwords name weakness.
And no one has ever even mentioned the word sorcerer or stated that he summons extra-dimensional beings. Now please remember the topic and state who you think would win and why.

Cosmic Cube
Galactus can do virtually anything. He is a primordeal force of the universe. What could Mxyzptlk do that Galactus cannot?

Geez, once someone is proven more powerful than Superman in a comic, he's suddenly omnipotent. You say that Mxyzptlk has complete control over reality and time. Prove it.

Never
Galactus can do virtually anything. He is a primordeal force of the universe. What could Mxyzptlk do that Galactus cannot?

Geez, once someone is proven more powerful than Superman in a comic, he's suddenly omnipotent. You say that Mxyzptlk has complete control over reality and time. Prove it.

No, Galactus cannot do practically anything. If that was the case, why couldn't he defeat The Beyonder? Why did Phoenix blow him away? Why was Doom able to steal his converted homeworld (and Galactus could not reclaim it)?

5th Dimensional Beings from the DCU can do virtually anything. Batmite and crew unmade the universe and recreated it for the hell of it. Even 4th dimensional beings are more powerful than 3rd dimensional beings.

"Prove it?" He can do virtually anything in "our" dimension. He turned Superman into a cartoon character. He has made buildings walk. He created red kryptonite for the hell of it. If you read JLA (Grant Morrison run)...argh, the issue with Triumph, you will see an example of a 5th dimensional being at work. There is also an issue with General Eiling's super soldiers wherein one of his soldiers has the ability to draw on the power from the 4th dimension. Did you see what happened when she hit Wonder Woman? It was like a pluck.

Superherovandal
what happens when Mxy erases Galactus' food source planets. whats he going to do then. the only reason he doesn't try to take the universe is because he a "fun"-loving trickster and he likes to make pranks. Imagine a serious Mxy trying to do those kinds of things.

Hegemon875

Try reading ANY myx comics because Im sure you havent. Did you check out the link I posted.

Cosmic Cube
I've read up on Mxy. Perhaps he does have these powers. That doesn't mean he has the intelligence to beat Galactus, who is omniscient. CIS is a legitimate argument in this forum.

Hegemon875
He doesnt need intelligence with the amount of power he has.

CIS?

illadelph12
I was making a point Hegemon.

Galactus's only method of attack would be getting Mxyzptlk to say his name backwards. Other than that, Mxyzptlk should win if his powers work on Galactus. I'm not sure whether magic, even though extradimensional, supercedes the power cosmic. Mephisto is magical and can do anything in his domain/dimension, and Galactus defeated him on his home turf while hungry.

illadelph12
CIS = Character induced stupidity.

Some characters are just plain idiots and though they are super powerful have inherrent character flaws that always lead to there doom; like Mxyzptlk's arrogance and habit of letting his enemies know his weakness because he feels he's so powerful they can't harm him.

Read Tron's board rules.

Hegemon875
The power cosmics stems from our dimension Mxy comes from a "higher" dimension the 5th one. Does the power cosmic (which I believe to be a cheap "go to" response for galactus/heralds) give him the ability to do the things mxy does?

Hegemon875
CIS = Character induced stupidity.

Some characters are just plain idiots and though they are super powerful have inherrent character flaws that always lead to there doom; like Mxyzptlk's arrogance and habit of letting his enemies know his weakness because he feels he's so powerful they can't harm him.

Read Tron's board rules.

ok, but then you admit the fact that mxy is more powerful than galactus and the only way he could beat mxy is by tricking him. Besides Im not sure but I think that "weakness" is one mxy abides by only for the fun of it and doesnt actually have to return to the fifth dimension if he doesnt want to.

Cosmic Cube
Why doesn't he need intelligence? Give a newborn baby a gun, and they have power over life and death. Do they have the intellegence to properly wield it? Mxyzptlk has only been shown to use his power for his own childlike amusment.

CIS = Character Induced Stupidity.

illadelph12
If you mean alter matter and creating life? Yes. If you mean creating walking-talking buildings and airplanes that tell bad jokes, and killer flying hot dogs out of thin air, Galactus is a little too serious to do things like that, so probably not.

Hegemon875
that example is an exaggeration the baby doesn't even have the motor skills necessary. This thread was created with the assumption they WILL be using all powers at their disposal in order to destroy the other. You are definitely a Galactus fan boy.

Hegemon875
If you mean alter matter and creating life? Yes. If you mean creating walking-talking buildings and airplanes that tell bad jokes, and killer flying hot dogs out of thin air, Galactus is a little too serious to do things like that, so probably not.

but CAN he thats the question. Mxy is far beyond Galactus.

Cosmic Cube
Mxy may or may not be more powerful than Galactus. Galactus is capable of creating life. However, he would probably not create a walking building or a flying hot dog/airplane.

Mxy is probably on par with the Phoenix Force.

illadelph12
And Mephisto is an extradimensional magical being. He has his own dimension. In his dimension he can bend the laws of physics and do anything he wants like Mxyzptlk, save beating Galactus. Galactus can beat Mephisto in his own realm.

Hegemon875
Mxy may or may not be more powerful than Galactus.

if you think he's not you need to do some more reading up on mxy.

Hegemon875
And Mephisto is an extradimensional magical being. He has his own dimension. In his dimension he can bend the laws of physics and do anything he wants like Mxyzptlk, save beating Galactus. Galactus can beat Mephisto in his own realm.

Mxy can rewrite physics i.e. walking buildings, talking inaniamte objects, turning supes into a toon. They're from different dimensions so of course their abilities would be different.

Cosmic Cube
Creating a walking building is not rewriting physics. If you think so, you should pick up a physics book. Physics is irrelavant in comic books anyway. Transcending light speed defies physics.

Hegemon875
physics is irrelevent? Well coulda fooled me from the flash exploding through stuff debat we had. You're right its rewriting reality. (I meant physics in the broadest terms)

illadelph12
I know, that's why it's not that simple.

I think Mxyzptlk can do it, but it's dependent on whether his powers would work on someone as powerful as Galactus. Galactus defeated Mephisto in Mephisto's own dimension, and Mephisto on his home turf has all the abilities Mxyzptlk has. He has complete control over reality in his dimension and Galactus beat him there, and Galactus wasn't fully powered.

I'm leaning towards Mxyzptlk though, but it's fuzzy.

Hegemon875
mxy is the opposite its in our dimension he has complete control.

Cosmic Cube
Actually, it's just creating a walking building. Nothing more. The Absorbing Man can do the same thing.

Vibrating through matter defies physics as well.

Cosmic Cube
Illadelph is saying that Galactus has beaten people with complete control of the dimension, whatever that dimension is..

Hegemon875
You're contradicting yourself why would you say physics is irrelevant in comics when you so vehemently used a "defies laws of physics" defense in order to say the flash couldn't vibrate through people?

Its just creating a walking building? And that is not altering reality? Giving a building LIFE! How do you view the world?

Hegemon875
Illadelph is saying that Galactus has beaten people with complete control of the dimension, whatever that dimension is..

Not people just one person, they're different people with similiar powers doesnt mean Galactus could beat him.

illadelph12
I know Hegemon. But if Galactus can defeat a being that controls reality on their home turf/dimension, wouldn't he be even more formidable on his own home turf/dimension? It's kinda close. Superman is no Galactus.

Can Mxyzptlk defeat Parallax? That might give you your answer.

Hegemon875
yes of course he can.

Hegemon875
I know Hegemon. But if Galactus can defeat a being that controls reality on their home turf/dimension, wouldn't he be even more formidable on his own home turf/dimension? It's kinda close. Superman is no Galactus.

Can Mxyzptlk defeat Parallax? That might give you your answer.

Galactus' home turf is right where mxy is MOST powerful.

Never
Mxy may or may not be more powerful than Galactus. Galactus is capable of creating life. However, he would probably not create a walking building or a flying hot dog/airplane.

Mxy is probably on par with the Phoenix Force.

WHAT?

Galactus can "create life?" Since when?

LoL, there is no "may or may not be." Myx is more powerful, period.

ALL 5th dimensional beings are more powerful than ANY 3rd dimensional being.

Yes, making a building walk is "rewriting physics." Perhaps you should actually read the physics book you picked up. In case you need further affirmation:

Place Of Birth: The Fifth Dimension <----------
First Appearance: Aquaman Vol.1 1
Group Affiliation: None
Base Of Opperations: The Fifth Dimension
Grudges: Aquaman and the Justice League Of America
Universe: DC Comics

Powers:

Magic: Qwsp is a being from the 5th dimension and as such he can use his mastery of 5th dimensional science to shape reality in the earth dimension. Qwsp can manipulate time and matter with a thought and can >>>>>impose new laws of physics<<<< just by thinking.

To "impose new laws," to rewrite...tomaytoe, tomahtoe.

You are incorrect, Cosmic Cube. It's okay.

No, Mephisto on his home turf does not have nearly the abilities that Myx has.

Hegemon875
Originally posted by Never
WHAT?

Galactus can "create life?" Since when?

LoL, there is no "may or may not be." Myx is more powerful, period.

ALL 5th dimensional beings are more powerful than ANY 3rd dimensional being.

Yes, making a building walk is "rewriting physics." Perhaps you should actually read the physics book you picked up. In case you need further affirmation:

Place Of Birth: The Fifth Dimension <----------
First Appearance: Aquaman Vol.1 1
Group Affiliation: None
Base Of Opperations: The Fifth Dimension
Grudges: Aquaman and the Justice League Of America
Universe: DC Comics

Powers:

Magic: Qwsp is a being from the 5th dimension and as such he can use his mastery of 5th dimensional science to shape reality in the earth dimension. Qwsp can manipulate time and matter with a thought and can >>>>>impose new laws of physics<<<< just by thinking.

To "impose new laws," to rewrite...tomaytoe, tomahtoe.

You are incorrect, Cosmic Cube. It's okay.

No, Mephisto on his home turf does not have nearly the abilities that Myx has.

OMG thank you someone with some sense.

illadelph12
Um, you do know Galactus created Tyrant, right?

Never

Um, your point?

Hegemon875
you stated Galactus never created life.

BootlegBoys420
Couldnt MXPLTK(Whatever...) Just Turn Galactus Into Like... A Pink And Purple Vibrator Or Something???

Hegemon875
In the DC universe all 5th dimensional beings are inherently more powerful than anything in our dimension. In other words youre dealing with a being more powerful than all other dc beings cosmics included (save the presence and source....possibly, and they are far beyond galactus)

Hegemon875
Originally posted by BootlegBoys420
Couldnt MXPLTK(Whatever...) Just Turn Galactus Into Like... A Pink And Purple Vibrator Or Something???

In my opinion yes.

Never
Originally posted by Hegemon875
you stated Galactus never created life.

Never said such.

I am referencing human life.

Hegemon875
life is life.

illadelph12
"Originally posted by illadelph12

Um, your point?"

It's cool Never, you must have missed those comics. Galactus can create life.

But anyway, it seems that Mxyzptlk can defeat Galactus and Parallax, so there you go.

Never

Um, your point?"

But anyway, it seems that Mxyzptlk can defeat Galactus and Parallax, so there you go.

Didn't miss the comics. As I said before, I was thinking *human* life. Won't bother trying to explain the difference.

"Life is life?" Heh, ask Pinocchio.

But I digress.

Hegemon875

Um, your point?"

THANK YOU Happy Dance

Pepito
Mxyztlk (stupid novelty name) is powerful but have you ever wondered why he focuses on Earth and Superman? He is nowhere near Galactus who demolished galaxies easily in the Tyrant storyline. The imp uses technology to muck around with Earth's physics but he is still outclassed by Kubik for god's sake.

Hegemon875
you dont think mxy could also destroy galaxies?

Never
Gosh, why do people comment if they do not know who the character is?

Dude 5th dimensional beings have total and complete control over the 3rd dimension, they can do anything they please.

As I said earlier, Batmite (Batman version of Superman's Myx) rewrote the universe out of boredom already.

Pepito
Yes but Galactus is out of his sphere of control as he is certainly able of manipulating reality to Mxypltk's NORMAL LEVEL. Y'see you only get the Superman moves the moon, Imp rewrites universe when there is a really slow day at the DC offices.

BootlegBoys420
OK... From What I Follow Here Is That Imp Can Control Reality... Galactus Cant... Ummm... ALWAYS Go With The Reality Controller...

Never
Originally posted by Pepito
Yes but Galactus is out of his sphere of control as he is certainly able of manipulating reality to Mxypltk's NORMAL LEVEL. Y'see you only get the Superman moves the moon, Imp rewrites universe when there is a really slow day at the DC offices.

No, Galactus cannot "manipulate reality" at any level.

Can Galactus turn someone into a cartoon character?

Hegemon875

Im sorry but I dont understand what youre trying to say confused

Pepito
Characters should be judged on what they can do for 99% of their appearances if these appearances suuggest that they are limited to the power level displayed (ccould a being who could beat Galactus have its power usurped by Joker). Sometimes characters will be given extra power in order to move the story along but it is foolish to apply these levels onto them constantly. After all Galactus once created seven big bangs at once and ate LT's energies but no-one quotes it because he obviously can't do all that normally.

Hegemon875
Characters should be judged on what they can do for 99% of their appearances if these appearances suuggest that they are limited to the power level displayed (ccould a being who could beat Galactus have its power usurped by Joker). Sometimes characters will be given extra power in order to move the story along but it is foolish to apply these levels onto them constantly. After all Galactus once created seven big bangs at once and ate LT's energies but no-one quotes it because he obviously can't do all that normally.

mxy has consistently been shown to be able to control reality.

The Flash
http://superman.ws/tales3/mxyztplk/?page=1

Never
Originally posted by Hegemon875
mxy has consistently been shown to be able to control reality.

Right, and Galactus is consistently portrayed as standing the hell around.

Heh, Myx was never "given extra power in order to move the story along." He's always been that powerful, but he is a JOKESTER. Qwsp, on the other hand, is nasty.

Myx can do ANYTHING. Why is it so difficult to understand that even a 4th dimensional being is way more powerful than Galactus, a 3rd dimensional being?

And Myx is a FIFTH (i'm sorry..."fif"wink dimensional being?

Let me ask you this, Pepito. You are aware that 1st dimension = a point; 2nd dimension = a flat plane? How much of a threat does a piece of paper pose to you? Or a razor thin and flat piece of steel/wood/aluminum?

King Burger
Question to Hegemon875: Why did you start this thread when
you already believe that "mxy" can easily defeat Galactus, and
that anyone who believes otherwise is just an "ignorant Galactus
fan-boy"? Why not just go start your own "mxy" fan-club and
be done with it?

Never
Originally posted by King Burger
Question to Hegemon875: Why did you start this thread when
you already believe that "mxy" can easily defeat Galactus, and
that anyone who believes otherwise is just an "ignorant Galactus
fan-boy"? Why not just go start your own "mxy" fan-club and
be done with it?

Got a point there, and many do the same thing (Sentry, Draco whichever, et al).

Hegemon875
To have an arguement, why else would anyone post here.

Superherovandal
come on most of these threads are started with the people thinking who would win. a thread is usually started to see others opinions.

Pepito
Actually when you think about it though, we cannot do anything to second dimensional people because we cannot comprehend anyhting about them. A piece of paper is not two dimensional and beither is a drawing. A shadow is and what can we do to that. Besides if time is fourth dimension which it supposedly is we are four dimensional. And anyway a razor thin flat piece of steel is quite dangerous. Its called a sword, y'astrofoo'

Never
Actually when you think about it though, we cannot do anything to second dimensional people because we cannot comprehend anyhting about them. A piece of paper is not two dimensional and beither is a drawing. A shadow is and what can we do to that. >>>>Besides if time is fourth dimension which it supposedly is we are four dimensional.<<<< And anyway a razor thin flat piece of steel is quite dangerous. Its called a sword, y'astrofoo'

God, we're in the fourth dimension?

I rest my case, your honor.

Hegemon875
Actually when you think about it though, we cannot do anything to second dimensional people because we cannot comprehend anyhting about them. A piece of paper is not two dimensional and beither is a drawing. A shadow is and what can we do to that. Besides if time is fourth dimension which it supposedly is we are four dimensional. And anyway a razor thin flat piece of steel is quite dangerous. Its called a sword, y'astrofoo'

A shadow is not an object simply an absence of light.

eleveninches
Right, and Galactus is consistently portrayed as standing the hell around.

Heh, Myx was never "given extra power in order to move the story along." He's always been that powerful, but he is a JOKESTER. Qwsp, on the other hand, is nasty.

Myx can do ANYTHING. Why is it so difficult to understand that even a 4th dimensional being is way more powerful than Galactus, a 3rd dimensional being?

And Myx is a FIFTH (i'm sorry..."fif"wink dimensional being?

Let me ask you this, Pepito. You are aware that 1st dimension = a point; 2nd dimension = a flat plane? How much of a threat does a piece of paper pose to you? Or a razor thin and flat piece of steel/wood/aluminum?
Doesnt pose any threat at all as long as it has ZERO thickness

WW_Rules
Galactus would consume him and that would be the end of it.

Superherovandal
not really he would make his own Galactus that works for him and has all of his strengths plus way more

Pepito
God, we're in the fourth dimension?

I rest my case, your honor.

Well it makes sense if time is the fourth dimension which it is. We exist in three dimensions physically. Anyway Mxy is not fifth dimensional as in he has five dimensions (if his powers stemmed from this he'd be unable to enter the "third" dimesnion at least while retaining his powers). He is just from a different dimension like Limbo or summat or nuffin.

Never
We do not live in a 4th dimensional world, we are 3D beings.

Mxy is a 5th dimensional being. A portal allows him to access the 3rr dimension every 30 days.

Pepito
Then time is not the fourth dimension because I am pretty sure things happen. Things need time to happen in.

Never
Then time is not the fourth dimension because I am pretty sure things happen. Things need time to happen in.

Time is popularly considered to be the 4th dimension, yes. Since we are confined to a "lesser" dimension, we are only able to "feel" and "observe" projections of time.

Here's an interesting read:

"Think of it this way. Consider a two-dimensional world resembling a sheet of paper <---- (this is why I said a sheet of paper). How would you appear to the inhabitants of such a world if you tried to interact with with them? The 2-D creatures would only see cross-sections of you as you intersected their universe. Your finger would look like a flat disc that grew in size as you pushed it through their world. Your five fingers might looked like five separate circles. They would just see irregular shapes with skin boundaries as you entered their world. Similarly, a hyperbeing who lived in the fourth dimension would have a cross-section in our space that looked liked a bunch of skin blobs.

A 4-D being would be a god to us. It would see everything in our world. It could even look inside your stomach and remove your breakfast without cutting through your skin, just like you could remove a dot inside a circle by moving it up into the third dimension, perpendicular to the circle, without breaking the circle.

A hyperbeing can effortlessly remove things before your very eyes, giving you the impression that the objects simply disappeared. The hyperbeing can also see inside any 3-D object or life form, and if necessary remove anything from inside. The being can look inside our intestines, or remove a tumor from our brain without ever cutting through the skin. A pair of gloves can be easily transformed into two left or two right gloves. And 3-D knots fall apart in the hands of a hyperbeing, much as a 2-D knot (a loop of string lying on a plane) can easily be undone by a 3-D being simply by lifting the end of the loop up into the third dimension."

My only contribution is the parenthetic remark.

Superherovandal
yup

gobstakid777
3/4 of a second in
galactus is an icicle in the Shara Desrt
mjj>>>>>galactus
5d imp >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>(you know im just gonna say infinite)mjj

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.