Extra - Long Trailers...?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

scott hiwersh
Have any of you guys seen these new trailers that are like the first 10 minutes of the movie? Dawn of the Dead had one come on USA the other week, and I am not sure if I like this idea... I love seeing footage, but not always excited about seeing too much b4 the film is released, etc... Is this a new thing? IS this thread going to get closed?
no

lil bitchiness
Nah, its just in the wrong forum.

yerssot
come on lil bit, move it wink

burlyman
She doesn't have those powers here evil face

burlyman
blink There's a JAMES BOND section of KMC? confused

lil bitchiness
cry *runs away* meanie! Teasing lil sneaky2

yerssot
yes burly big grin
*activates promotion voice*
We do have a James Bond section. There we discuss the movies, with of course room for the games and the books.
Like all sections we have a Trivia thread and a Quotes-Thread.
But of course in all the sillyness we have serious threads like discussing if media can influence people to believe another reality ... a reference to Carver in Tomorrow Never Dies.
*de-activates voice*

but lil ... just a few more days wink

Tex
moving to movie discussion and not Dawn of the Dead thread seeing as this is referring to general previews....moving, take notes lil doll stick out tongue

roundisfunny
Strange...I've forgotten what the thread is about now.

Oh yes, extra-long trailers that show you the first ten minutes of the movie. Worse still are the trailers that show you the ENTIRE movie in a two- or three-minute encapsulated form. One film that springs immediately to mind is "The Italian Job" (2003), in which we're shown a short clip from every scene, from the "surprise" double-cross at the beginning to the traffic-jamming techniques at the climax, to the "girl power" punch to Ed Norton's face at the end.

botankus
Dinosaur was the first one I remember to do it in 2000.

Samas-adian
The Matrix ones, they showed all the good scenes. I hated that. Trailers i feel are good when they show the main character or something. Like Harry Potter 3 and Aliens vs Predator. You see the main characters in the HP but you dont see the major scenes. In AVP, you see bits and pieces but nothing to special.
Taking Lives trailers is god awful. Way too long, show some scenes where people would of jumped and Kiefer Sutherland wasnt even mentioned in the trailer, you just see him. Im probably wrong, but could he be the killer?

Kes
As far as I know Taking Lives isnt really about who the killer is. And pretty much having a movie that has Kiefer in it and he is not the cop, makes it obvious whom the killer is.

Samas-adian
True.

Well, the trailer showed Keifer right?
and then it didnt show his name...
is it because he has a bit part or, because if they mentioned his name, and wasnt shown at the start of the movie, you would see that he would be the killer dude.

Kes
Not sure. Didnt really pay attention since I've known from the beginning he was in it.

silver_tears
Kill Bill 2 shows you all the action in the entire movie in the trailer laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.