Ryu vs Liu Kang

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

eleveninches
Ryu (or dark Ryu)

vs

Liu Kang

Arsenal
Ryu. He's way more powerful then Liu...even if he transformed into a dragon.

jinzin
ryu would kick lui's ass. I mean lui kang sucks so bad he died in the series of games he's the "chumpion" of.
Lui could gain on edge using his anamality,,,,,,,but I don't think being a little dragon is going to help him to much when ryu blows his head off with a hado ken.

Arsenal
Liu's gay little fireball is nothing compared to Ryu's hadoken.

jinzin
HA!

eleveninches
Dark Ryu would win much easier, as he has a much better lv3 combo than regular Ryu

Joker1237
Liu is ok. There is one thing Liu has over Ruy, The Bicyce kick. Yep a deadly moved if time right.

eleveninches
What is more powerful? LK's fireball or Ryu's fireball hadoken

Lord Ryugen
Ryu's easy. I chose the Streetfighter when I made this thread on the video game vs and I'll choose him now.

eleveninches
just found this thread. Sorry 'bout that

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f85/t327933.html

Lord Ryugen
Hey no prob just adds more Ryu votes big grin

Fanboy
Ryu hmm Ryu yeah Ryu would win no problem I guess.

Joker1237
No Problem?? I have this more as a PICK Em.

This fight can go either way. Kang is no push over.

SarKastic_OJ
Ryu has this one hands down, Ryu is just your perfect fighter will all the "perfect" fighter traits....

The Shin-Hadoken is more powerful than anything liu-kang has probably seen and although it would be a interesting battle(similiar to the ryu/fei long battle), Ryu has too many fatal moves if timed perfectly: the Shinku-hadoken, Shinpu-tatsumaku-Senpu-Kyaku, the Shin-Shoryuken, each of these moves could temporarily paralyze liu-kang, Ryu is more of a "battle conscious thinker" and would somehow conjure up a victory via perfect timing and calculative patience...

The Flash
Shin-Shoryuken > all

Tron
Moving

Joker1237
I am thinking Kang would win, Kang has speed over Ryu. You guys will here from me, But Ryu is one of the slowest fighters on foot.

And when Ryu loses a fight, guess what, He loses prize money

But if Liu Kang loses a fight, Guess what, We lose are world, and our souls belong to Sho Khan.

Lord Ryugen
That's a good point Joker but remember Ryu has beaten faster opponents than Liu (chun-Li, Cammy, Vega) speed isn't really an advantage here.

Joker1237
well maybe in the GAME, in players, But relly in Story lines,

Ryu has a win over Saget, and a lost to Akuma(Who took down Bison)

Joker1237
oh yeah found a bio of Ryu, It says he beat Akuma, But he never face Chun Le

Ryu's mother gave him to Master Gouken as an infant. As a student of Gouken, Ryu gained notoriety by winning the first ever World Warrior tournament by defeating its host, Sagat, in a surprise upset. During the battle, a Dragon Punch (Shoryuken) from Ryu is said to have given Sagat his famous scar, while a Hadouken was responsible for ending the fight. This is the version of events as represented in the canon of the Street Fighter series (including the very first arcade game), and as portrayed in the animated movie co-produced by Capcom in the '90s.

Ryu fought Akuma (Gouki in the Japanese version) somewhere in a secluded island and eventually won against Akuma. Akuma sensed that Ryu had the same powers as he did. Ryu didn't know what Akuma was talking about but Akuma made Ryu aware of the Satsui No Hadou--the forbidden power that had Ryu's strength match Akuma's, was strong within him and told him to come back and re-fight Akuma again once Ryu awoke the Satsui No Hadou within him to see whether Ryu or Akuma was stronger. The Satsui No Hadou was the same murderous power that awoke in Ryu when he delivered the cheap shot to Sagat, threatening to consume him when Ryu indulges in the desire to win at any cost, even if it means death to his opponent. The island blew up, but Ryu escaped. This horrendous turn of events distracted Ryu since Akuma lost for the first time and prevented him from performing his best during a match with his childhood friend Ken. Realizing that Ryu wasn't himself all over the place, Ken tied a red cord at the back of Ryu's hair after he (Ryu) lost. While Ken used the red cord as a gesture of his friendship with Ryu, Ryu used this red cord to symbolize his commitment of rejecting the Satsui No Hadou.

His fighting abilities also gained him the attention of M. Bison (Vega in the Japanese version), leader of Shadoloo, who wanted to use him as a vessel for his tremendous energies. He captured Ryu and subverted his mind and body, presenting him to Sagat for a rematch. Sagat, along with Ken and Ryu's longtime admirer Sakura, fought Ryu and Bison, broke Ryu free, and Ryu delivered a blow that forced Bison to retreat. To Ryu, this only meant that he was weak and he still needed training.

Some years later, in the third World Warrior tournament, he fought and lost to Oro, who saw Ryu as a potential successor to his style.

Ryu is a person whose life is entirely devoted to spiritual perfection through the art of the fist, so much that some fans refer to him as a "one-dimensional character." Some assume he does not care about winning or losing, just the moment of the fight and the opportunity for spiritual advancement ("The fight is all"wink.

Lord Ryugen
Right he beat Akuma and forced Bison to leg it and you don't think he can take Liu?

Joker1237
Liu beat Khan in MK2, and Shang, not to mention he beat Goro, Thsos guys are on level with Ryu. And Khan surpases Bison.

AdventChild
Ryu all the way!!!!

Magee
Well i would say Shao Kahn is much more powerful than Bison and Lui Kang whiped Kahn's ass and Ryu has trouble with Bison. I would at least say its not as one sided as some people r saying, thats for sure.

AdventChild
ryu better end of story...besides its your opinion that shao kahn is better and powerful i think bison is and i don't think lui kang would be able to take down bison or ryu.....

Joker1237
Khan, When he walk into Earth Realm in MK3, He suck all the souls of EARTH. Claming evey soul as his own.

Rayden, used his god powers to protect the souls of Warriors to defend the Earth.

If Bison had the power of Khan, Than he would be able to Claim evey soul as his own.

As it turn out, the earth warrors Defeated Khan and his armys and thus free the souls of Earth, (Who return to there bodies)

Bison is not on the level of Khan.

AdventChild
well when you put it that way..Lui kang....but i still like ryu better....and MK system kinda sucks....

Joker1237
I like both Ryu and Kang,
I just saying it is more as a toss up, a COIN flip. on the victory.

Metalmanx
Joker, I must agree with you in full. Both of these fighters are just incredibly powerful in their own ways. Neither is more powerful than the other I think.

Definitely a toss up. It go easily go either way.

shadow12
Originally posted by Joker1237
Liu beat Khan in MK2, and Shang, not to mention he beat Goro, Thsos guys are on level with Ryu. And Khan surpases Bison.
ryu would win

CorderaMitchell
Khan isn't as powerful as you think, he used a lot of cheating and trickery, and were beat by to sorcerers, Ryu has more potential than kang, and akuma being mentioned is just overkill.

tjizz350
Ok first off I'm new here I found this thread interesting. One point I would like to make that I saw someone say. Yes Khan is more powerful than Bison. But no disrespect that's not really a good comparison anyway because Ryu also beat Akuma who is also more powerful than Bison. Using that to say Ryu looses is not really concrete.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.