Dr. Strange vs. Magneto & Dr. Doom

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CountQuan
WHo wins?

Thanos the Lord
Strange

Victor Von Doom
What?

No way is Strange beating those two.

Beyonder
Strange

Tormentor_2004
Alone Doom would be a problem for Strange.

stormfront13
imo strange loses

theflyxx
The Sorcerer Supreme.

Warrior of Fate
Dr. Strange beats the other 2.

Victor Von Doom
Interestingly no one is saying how.

DrDoom
You guys do know that Doom is the second best sorcerer on Earth right?

In fact, if Strange ever died Doom would be Earth's sorcerer supreme. Add to that Doom's technology and brilliant mind, and you would see that he alone would make Strange fight for his life.

Now, include Magneto, who could control the iron in Strange's bloodstream AND fling tons of **** at him WHILE he's fighting Doom, and you have one dead Doc.
Sorry Stephen.

Beyonder
Originally posted by DrDoom
You guys do know that Doom is the second best sorcerer on Earth right?

In fact, if Strange ever died Doom would be Earth's sorcerer supreme. Add to that Doom's technology and brilliant mind, and you would see that he alone would make Strange fight for his life.

Now, include Magneto, who could control the iron in Strange's bloodstream AND fling tons of **** at him WHILE he's fighting Doom, and you have one dead Doc.
Sorry Stephen.

He's second because he uses his armor to assist him in spells and such. So he beat a bunch of other sorcerrors, none of them are on Strange's level.

When was the last time you saw Doom display magic on Strange's level? So he's better than a bunch of Sorcerror Supreme wannabes; he and they are still nowhere in Strange's league.

Strange wins.

Victor Von Doom
In magic maybe not.

He's better at magic...therefore he wins?

Since when did being better at magic guarantee the win?

Beyonder
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
In magic maybe not.

He's better at magic...therefore he wins?

Since when did being better at magic guarantee the win?

Since it isn't a prep fight. Strange can conjure up spells and mystical deities to fight these two. What do these two have? Both have shields, but so does Strange.

DrDoom
Strange needs time to concoct his stronger spells, and with Doom attacking him technologically and mystically, while Magneto is battering his mystic shields with tons of metal and trying to control the iron in his blood he'd go down.

As for Doom:

He displayed magic on Strange's level when he and Strange battled Mephisto for his mother's soul. He's second best, which means that Strange is better than him, but he's no slouch and could hold his own in a mystic battle.

Where did you hear that his armor helps him out w/ spells? I've never read anything about that. Ever. If I'm wrong then feel free to correct me.

Also, check out FF# 498-501 for the reason why Doom didn't really use magic: He didn't think he needed to, he thought technology would help him conquer the world.

And since when does being second best mean that your way out of the best persons league?

It's like saying the second best boxer/golfer/tennis player/etc in the world is nowhere near as good as the best boxer/golfer...

Beyonder
Strange needs time to concoct his stronger spells, and with Doom attacking him technologically and mystically, while Magneto is battering his mystic shields with tons of metal and trying to control the iron in his blood he'd go down.

?Thei can both bash him as much as the want, he puts up the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak up as a second shield, and they can bash till the Sun comes down.

He's not. It proves it right their. He needed Strange's help to free his mother. Strange, however, enters demon realms by himself all the time and kick their ass. You don't see Strange calling Doom before entering the Dark Dimension.

During the contest for Sorcerror Supreme, Doom used his armor to analyze, record, and mimic other sorcerrors. He won, but he needed his armor's help. He might have some mystical abilities, but his armor was his greatest asset during that.

Since, the other person spent their career learning from the Ancient One, the previous Sorcerror Supreme. And then becoming Sorcerrer Supreme themself and dedicated their life to guarding the universe from mystical and other threats.

Strange is to magic as Doom is to tech. Does that help?

Cosmic Cube
Dr. Strange is way faster, much more adept at magic, he has greater knowledge of magic, and he has more magical resources than Doom.

That doesn't ensure victory but it gives him the upper hand.

DrDoom
So he couldn't use his armor to analyze Strange's magic?

Yes, he has the Bands (which have held The Hulk in check) but he's going to be attacked three different ways. Something is bound to get thru sooner or later.

Plus, why couldn't Magneto manipulate the iron in his blood and put him to sleep--even kill him?
He might have a spell to stop it--then again he might not.

Guess we'll have to agree to disagree...

Beyonder
So he couldn't use his armor to analyze Strange's magic?

Yes, he has the Bands (which have held The Hulk in check) but he's going to be attacked three different ways. Something is bound to get thru sooner or later.

Plus, why couldn't Magneto manipulate the iron in his blood and put him to sleep--even kill him?
He might have a spell to stop it--then again he might not.

Guess we'll have to agree to disagree...

They're not going to get through the Bands. When they do, Strange would've turned them both into toads by then.

Iron blood trick? Yeah, I guess Mephisto, Dormammu, or Satannish didn't think of that one. Maybe worser, but nothing like messing with the iron in Strange's blood.

DrDoom
You're underestimating his opponents man.

Like I said: agree to disagree.

(BTW I've never seen any of the mystic guys try to manipulate the iron in his blood, if it has happened then show me when it has)

Beyonder
You're underestimating his opponents man.

Like I said: agree to disagree.

(BTW I've never seen any of the mystic guys try to manipulate the iron in his blood, if it has happened then show me when it has)

What can his opponents do to him?

Why? Why would any of do something as crappy as iron blood screw when they can do so much worse? What's that compared to bolts of energy from Hell Lords or extra dimensional demons? Unless you think that trick is more powerful and effective then what Mephisto has in his arsenal.

DigiMark007
With Strange it's always hard. You can't point to this power or that one...there's just lots of different spells.

The brains and brawn combo of Doom and Magneto seems great, but if no prep time (since it wasn't specified) hurts Strange from being fully prepared, then it also means that Doom can't have some magical or mechanical whoosamaboob on hand to help either. I don't know much about Doom's mystical powers, but if the suit helps him then fine...he'd have it for the fight, so even if it means that he alone isn't the 2nd best on earth at sorcery, he's still 2nd best with the suit...so he might be a sizable distraction if not quite a match for Strange.

I'd still go with the Sorceror Supreme here...but not by a lot.

-DM

DrDoom
Originally posted by Beyonder
What can his opponents do to him?

Why? Why would any of do something as crappy as iron blood screw when they can do so much worse? What's that compared to bolts of energy from Hell Lords or extra dimensional demons? Unless you think that trick is more powerful and effective then what Mephisto has in his arsenal.

LOL, there's a difference between firing off bolts of mystical energy at him and attacking Strange's body from the inside.

Between fighting off Doom's attacks while having tons of debris thrown at him, he might not even know what's going on until it's too late.

It's not like he's gonna say "I feel a tingle, he's manipulating the iron in my blood! I have to stop him."

Beyonder
LOL, there's a difference between firing off bolts of mystical energy at him and attacking Strange's body from the inside.

Between fighting off Doom's attacks while having tons of debris thrown at him, he might not even know what's going on until it's too late.

It's not like he's gonna say "I feel a tingle, he's manipulating the iron in my blood! I have to stop him."

laughing Iron. Strange's rogue gallery is around cosmic level. You think some trick like that is going to work. I guess Mephisto, who has complete control over his domain, forgot about that every time Strange showed up. He should just messed with Strange's inners. Boy, you seem to think some trick like that is going to work on Strange, even if he has an auto shield on and puts up the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak.

eleveninches
Right. Strange is a cosmic level charachter, whereas magneto is not. Doom is good at what he does, but he's NO steve strange

long pig
Yeah, I seriously would like to stick up for doom but....not much of a chance here.
Dr.Strange is on a total other level...strange feels threatend? goes to another dimention..hell why not just throw these two in there?
Dr. Strange isnt going to be beaten by two mortals. Like he said, It's always hard when it comes to Strange, hes for the most part unbeatable unless hes fighting someone else who has some SERIOUS magic abilities.
Doom was, at one point kind of a magic guy....not anymore...there are plenty of other who outrank him.

Alpha Centauri
This is Doom and Magneto combined.

Let's not overlook what this could mean.

-AC

long pig
no prep, thats the shitter.
Strange has an all seeing eye so basically he would know who he's going against before mags and Doom know where they are.
Strange knows these two people very very well, I see no chance for 'em.
Doom is a tip-top guy so I wouldnt mind being proven wrong.

Wynndar
yea the iron in the blood trick is pathetic...there is no way Magneto could use his powers on someone like strange, he would also find out he has no defenses against magic. Doom however, has lots of exposure to Strange and might have something planned out...Dooms combination of science and magic has proven to be pretty flawless...in infinity war, Doom and Kang were able to go by undetected by Strange, Silver Surfer and Galactus on monster island right?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.