Kill Bill: The whole bloody affair

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LiL nAstY GirL
Look!

FilmFocus.co.uk talked to Quentin Tarantino, who revealed that his combination of both "Kill Bill" volumes, Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Affair, will be released as a NC-17 rating.

"Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Affair is definitely getting a wide release," he said, "actually, that'll probably be the first movie that Miramax, under their new company, will be releasing theatrically. It's the Japanese version, that's why I call it that, you know, it should probably come out in the next few months. It's going to be NC-17 in America. We couldn't do that when Disney owned the place but now Disney's the f**k outta there we can do anything we want! It's gonna be off the hook!"

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/topnews.php?id=8776

MildPossession
I have both uncut on dvd anyway, if it comes to cinemas again here uncut I might go have a look.

tabby999
awsome, unfortunatly, because of where i live, chances of it coming here is minimal

LiL nAstY GirL
I'm sorry

Solo
This should be great.

Susimetsa
Is this the long-awaited 4 hour version in which the episodes are joined back together?

I've understood elsewhere that this version will not be just the two parts running back-to-back, but that there would be changes to the plotline. Is this still true?

Myth
I've heard that the only changes is that it takes out the cliff hanger of Vol 1 where they announce that the daughter is still alive. So anybody who doesn't see it till this version won't know the daughter is alive until they see her. Other than that, it is just bloodier and combined.

Susimetsa
Originally posted by Myth
I've heard that the only changes is that it takes out the cliff hanger of Vol 1 where they announce that the daughter is still alive. So anybody who doesn't see it till this version won't know the daughter is alive until they see her. Other than that, it is just bloodier and combined.

I don't think a mere recombination would make much sense, seeing that the two parts are very different from each other. Attached together without further edits, the movie would seem very strange indeed. That's why I'm expecting some additional edits, perhaps even some recombination of the different "stories" inside the movie...

In any case, is there any word about _when_ this thing will come out? I'm getting impatient here! mad

Myth
Sounds like he is finally getting ready for this. I think its going to theaters first.

Nevermind
Originally posted by tabby999
awsome, unfortunatly, because of where i live, chances of it coming here is minimal

How so?

tabby999
to cinema, it's got NIL chance of coming. we didn't even get Vol. 1 only Vol. 2...

and i hear we'll be waiting till atleast mid 06 till we see the DVD

Nevermind
Originally posted by tabby999
to cinema, it's got NIL chance of coming. we didn't even get Vol. 1 only Vol. 2...

and i hear we'll be waiting till atleast mid 06 till we see the DVD

What state do you live in? Because I was younger when it was released but I remember posters of volume one at my cinema and I'm pretty sure it was released in cinema's in Sydney. As for a DVD I have no doubt that it'll be released at mid '06 if not later.

Nevermind
Just got confirmation that it did in fact come out here.

Myth
Originally posted by Nevermind
What state do you live in? Because I was younger when it was released

Dude, it was just a couple of years ago. We're obviously aging but nobody has by that much since their releases.

Nevermind
Originally posted by Myth
Dude, it was just a couple of years ago. We're obviously aging but nobody has by that much since their releases.

True, but from 15 to 17 a lot of shit has happened. For one, I wasn't a movie fan nor Tarantino fan as a matter of fact I don't think I knew how he was. So I didn't pay much attention to cinema at all at that stage in my life. So my memory on any film release is a bit foggy. I only became aware of Tarantino works when Kill Bill Vol. 2 was finishing up at the cinemas.

Soth
http://www.twitchfilm.net/archives/004589.html

Possibly a Winter 2006 release

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.