Religion (the real truth??)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Deano

Deano

Deano

finti
there are more or less evidence for a man named jesus or something like that lived during the time as described in the gospels. That he was to be divine though..................nah

Deano

Deano

Deano

debbiejo
You are exactly right! I've also read this info in the book "Too Long In The Sun." It's also more detailed in the "Two Babylons.", The first book has many ancient pictures of these ancient religions....

The first time I read it I was shocked, and showed it two a friend. Many people will find this info out and ignore it, but that would be ignorant is bliss, but they really aren't ignorant.....

I do feel, however, that Jesus, Moses and others where real people...

I guess all of this is something to think about...

lil bitchiness
* religion

King Burger
Reading too much David Icke there, Deano, sssssssss.

finti
David Icke laughing out loud talk about far fetched stuff

Storm
You' re surprised by certain similarities? Christianity is deeply in debt to older mythologies for a lot of its beliefs and ideas.

finti
true

Deano
Originally posted by finti
David Icke laughing out loud talk about far fetched stuff

whats quoted is true

finti
and David Ickes stuff is far fetched , so ridiculous that it is pure comedy

Deano

-=Urot=-
Deano what book or website are you getting your info from, because you have sparked my interest. smile

Good stuff indeed. ^_^

Deano
its from a book by david icke called ' the biggest secret'
u can download it.....i got it from sharaza
if u have msn then add me and i'll send it u

Deano
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
* religion

is that all u are worried about?
spelling?

finti
Thats been used in arguments and in books long before Icke lost his marbelles and gathered these religious similarities in one of his bookssssssssssssssssssssss.

Deano
whats ya friggin point?
whats your opinion on the religeous similaritiessssssssssssssssssss?

debbiejo
finti...It's in other books as well..

It doesn't disprove that the Bible characters are not real...maybe they were tampered with by powers, and great religious leaders for their own purposes.

King Burger
Which came first, David Icke's ideas, or the tv show "V"?

XIA
Thats been used in arguments and in books long before Icke lost his marbelles and gathered these religious similarities in one of his bookssssssssssssssssssssss.
Religion is just a way of explaining things the people of earth dont yet understand. Example: Where did humans come from?

Deano
Originally posted by King Burger
Which came first, David Icke's ideas, or the tv show "V"?

does it matter?

King Burger
I think Icke needs to go back and re-read his Egyptian mythology.

Horus wasn't born to a virgin. After Seth cut Osiris' body into pieces,
Isis gathered the peices and used her powers to bring the body
together long enough to mate and conceive Horus.

And Seth never tried to tempt Horus with anything, or on any mountain
top (there aren't too many notable mountains in Egypt anyway),
rather he just tried to beat him to get the throne of the gods.

And miracles? Well, ofcourse these mythical gods also performed
"miracles", that's why they are gods. The whole point about Jesus was
that by performing these miracles, which only the divine can, he
showed he too was divine.

Horus is said to have been born at a place called Khemmis, around the
Nile Delta, not Annu, from what I read.

Horus is never on a boat with seven peoples, only Seth rides on the
Sun Boat.

Also, it should be pointed out that by the time of Jesus, Egypt and
Egyptian myths were no longer playing anywhere near the same
prominant influence over Palestine and south-west Asia that it did
centuries earlier.

Furthermore, with regards to these others children of "virgins", I
should like to point out that Apolo was the son of Leto and Zeus,
Buddha was the son of Maya and Suddhodana, Perseus was the
son of Danae and Zeus, Prometheus was the son of Klymene
and Iapetus, Mercury (Hermes) was the son of Maia and Zeus,
Balder was the son of Frigg and Odin, Vishnu was self-created but
in to a human couple, Devaki and Vasudev. Confucius was an ordinary
human being born to a man and a woman. I don't know much about
Zoroaster and Quetzelcoatle. And Ra had no father simply because he
was one of the original primordial dieties of Egypt, is all.

Deano
http://www.adam.com.au/bstett/BJesusandHorus74.htm
which one is lying then?

King Burger
First off, that "Horus the KRST=Jesus the Christ"
is nonesense, since "Christ" is a Greek word, with
the Hebrew being "Messiah". Where is the similarity
between "KRST" and "Messiah"? And more importantly,
what does "KRST" mean? Maybe it means "Horus the
Hunk", then where will you be?

Furthermore, ancient Egyptians didn't have "baptisms".

And where is the reference to "virgin birth" that was
so prominant in your post?

Also, it's quite obvious that many of these statement
on Horus come from the Egyptian "Book of the Dead",
which is a collection of incantaions that were written
on tomb walls. As such, like all such mystical sayings,
they are symbolic, and are not necessairly meant to
represent the mythological orer and story-line.

Finally, maybe you should have scrolled down a bit
to see the counter-arguement, which makes some
good points, in that link you posted.

I've read plenty of Egyptian mythology (and other
nation's mythologies as well), and unlike Mr.Icke, I
don't have an agenda to select certain passages,
or distort words, in order to prove the presence of
Lizard-Kings.

finti
a great idea religion then, explain things the people of earth dont understand with stuff people of earth dont understand

debbiejo
Interesting concept....

finti
indeed so, very much like the governments taxation rules

Morningstar
Originally posted by Deano
He descended to hell and rose from the dead to ascend back to heaven

Uh, the last time I checked, Jesus was perfect and was not sent to hell.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Morningstar
Uh, the last time I checked, Jesus was perfect and was not sent to hell.

It depends on your denomination...Some think it says He descended into hell to preach to the captives and lead them out....

All in all, I love conspiracy theories.

++++
The truth is, and I've studied many religious denominations, that if you really want to live by the Bible, you need to get to the very beginning before it was altered. And what they were doing was being Jewish...Believers are grafted into the Jewish tree not the other way around. You need to keep the Sabbath instead of Sunday, cause that was implemented by the church in 324 ad. Maybe even the feasts like the United Church of God does along with Messianic Jews and others...Anything else is following a denominations teaching...

There is also the theory and some have found some truth to it, that the scriptures were altered themselves by people in power..Some feel that the Gnostic scriptures about Jesus are more to what He was actually teaching, Some point to the Essenes and say that Jesus, Mary (his mother), John the Baptist, and Jesus grandmother Anna, were also Essenes, in that case they were all vegetarians...Which makes since because as the medical community has said many times, meat does nothing to your body, but harm, and Jesus being the son of God would know this, and not wanting to defile his temple only ate live foods, plants.

Just some history to throw in.

debbiejo
Also the Essenes believed in reincarnation..

Darth Odious

debbiejo
Coming from a superior country like Britain sure hasn't done you any good with your spelling. stick out tongue

Darth Odious
whats ya friggin point?
whats your opinion on the religeous similaritiessssssssssssssssssss? Dude, you spelled religion wrong AGAIN! eek!

debbiejo
The Brits. are just over medicated.

Darth Odious
Come on just one more time...spell religion...third times a charm. Spell it(wrong) spell it (wrong)....pokey

Deano
Originally posted by debbiejo
The Brits. are just over medicated.

we are genious's

debbiejo
we are genious's

Nah, now that's the medication talkin now.

mr.smiley
The best proof that Christian stories where borrowed from Pagan writings is from the writings of Celsus.I swear i'm him reincarnated

debbiejo
Originally posted by mr.smiley
The best proof that Christian stories where borrowed from Pagan writings is from the writings of Celsus.I swear i'm him reincarnated

blink

mr.smiley
LOL

Celsus was the Pagan Pimp daddy.

DigiMark007
They had pimp daddies in pagan times? Cool.

Not a Jesus believer, but some of these 'similarities' seem fishy to me anyway. Still, it's interesting, and since I don't need to be convinced anyway, it's kinda fun to read.

-DM

Novusordo
nice one Deano.

Also just to add something. If all the sea of names of gods and dieties confuse you (they sure as hell do me) then you'd be relieved to know that they are all just different names of the same thing.

Every culture put a differnet name to a different diety for example, Enki, one of the head Annunaki scientists that geneticaly engineered the human worker race was called Semiramis is Babylon, Isis in Egypt and, I think Ishtar in Greece and Venus in Rome.

ALl the names all go back to two living, breathing Annunaki, Enkil and Nirkgshag - the two head Annunaki scientists that created humans.

mr.smiley
what do u think of that^^??

You should visit the religon forum more often.Me and DebbiJo have beaten this horse into the ground.

Deano
theres not much to argue,

religion is one big scam, simple

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by Novusordo

Every culture put a differnet name to a different diety for example, Enki, one of the head Annunaki scientists that geneticaly engineered the human worker race was called Semiramis is Babylon, Isis in Egypt and, I think Ishtar in Greece and Venus in Rome.

ALl the names all go back to two living, breathing Annunaki, Enkil and Nirkgshag - the two head Annunaki scientists that created humans.

I leave for a little bit and this happens.... anyway, why exactly was humanity genetically engineered by these "Annunaki" - and why would the two end up being manifested as hundreds of different Gods? Even smaller religious things in the ancient world rarely had less then 12 Gods worshiped, often representing the most common things in the ancient peoples lives. So why would these two end up duplicated into so many different beings?

Though there is something to be said for following cultures appropriating certain deities, much of the Roman pantheon was adopted from the Greek one, though I thought it would have been Aphrodite in Greece and Venus in Rome.... Ishtar was Babylonian and in a way Assyrian, though Oriental cults had their supporters in the so called "civilised lands" of Greece and Rome.

finti
yeah but david icke aint roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic)

Deano
yeah but david icke aint roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic)

no, his research on religion is accurate
maybe you should read it

Shakyamunison
no, his research on religion is accurate
maybe you should read it

That maybe true or not, but you sticking up for him is a strike against him. smile

Deano
maybe you should read itsmile

Capt_Fantastic
Actually, there are lots of misconceptions about Egyptian mythology in this thread.

debbiejo
I believe read anything but do it with a grain of salt......Look how many people take the Bible as fact.

The world is divided in half you know....

Can I only get away from these pic's cause...........me female?

debbiejo
you know....I did try to change this...DELETE...BUT IT WON'T...my god..what's wrong with this forum......It looks really bad....don't look...

Oh my god............why did I save this to my favs......OK...I'm OK now....It's just the Goddess.....everything comes from her....OH..Gees... blink ...You know you cannot delete a pic.....

I'm not like this really...my mind is always on heavenly things,.

Shakyamunison
you know....I did try to change this...DELETE...BUT IT WON'T...my god..what's wrong with this forum......It looks really bad....don't look...

Oh my god............why did I save this to my favs......OK...I'm OK now....It's just the Goddess.....everything comes from her....OH..Gees... blink ...You know you cannot delete a pic.....

I'm not like this really...my mind is always on heavenly things,.

Oh my god!!!!! You are in so much trouble. eek!

I have a copy of that image now. laughing

finti
the only thing accurate with Icke is that he aint all there, his stuff is laughable garbage, there are more truth to Harry Potter novels than the Icke stuff. Why do you assume those who dissagree and laughs at Icke havent read his stuff, why do you think we laugh

Deano
you laugh because you dont understand

so you have read 'infinte love is the only truth '?

and 'the ancient secret of the flower of life'' (icke does not write this one)

finti
I laugh cause I understand it to well, it is impossible to read Icke novels cause you just have to shake your head at his stupidity and the followers of this man really need to take a reality pill and wake up to the real world
And the truth shall set you free laughing out loud laughing out loud

Imagawa666
theres not much to argue,

religion is one big scam, simple

Right on bro!!!!!!!!

RedAlertv2
I guess since Deano wasnt taken seriously in the General Discussion Forum, he decided to pullute the Religion Forum

finti
how can one take a bloke who actually believes in David Icke serious

Deano
Originally posted by RedAlertv2
I guess since Deano wasnt taken seriously in the General Discussion Forum, he decided to pullute the Religion Forum
i know the truth about religion..you dontsmile so jog on my friend

mr.smiley
That's a very arrogant thing to say Deano.Did you realize the Oracle of Delphi proclaimed that Socrates was the wisest man in the world because Socrates knew he knew nothing.Arrogance leads down a road that will only get your hurt.Many people claim to know the truth about religon.Are you realy willing to be so bold as to claim you know the truth exclusivly to yourself?

Deano

Imagawa666
Another excellent argument

finti
this becomes rather hilarious when it comes from one who believe in David Icke

Deano
this becomes rather hilarious when it comes from one who believe in David Icke

you understand nothing
you are merely a small drop in a never ending ocean, a person who laughs anything off if it seems different then there programmed reality.
i feel for you. im not claiming to know everything but neither is icke, he trys to find the real truth no matter how bizarre. people who laugh make me laugh

Shakyamunison
you understand nothing
you are merely a small drop in a never ending ocean, a person who laughs anything off if it seems different then there programmed reality.
i feel for you. im not claiming to know everything but neither is icke, he trys to find the real truth no matter how bizarre. people who laugh make me laugh

If you take on the karma of the persecution you receive you will be the persecuted. Free yourself of this pity and let others think what they will.

Deano
thats good, as long as people let me think as i will

Shakyamunison
thats good, as long as people let me think as i will

Deano, I will give you a bad time only out fun. I will defend your right to think for yourself as if it was mine own. I don't visit the GF very often and you don't visit here much, so we have only talked once.

debbiejo
The GF is a scary place.......There's evil in there.....I've seen it....It taunts you....

It's safe here.....I like it much better..... laughing out loud

Shakyamunison
The GF is a scary place.......There's evil in there.....I've seen it....It taunts you....

It's safe here.....I like it much better..... laughing out loud

Ok, were did you still that from? laughing

debbiejo
blink Are you trying to accuse me of something????

OK...back to topic..."Religion the real Truth"...tonight on channel 7.

Ummmm...Religion and truth are oxymoron's aren't they?

Deano
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Deano, I will give you a bad time only out fun. I will defend your right to think for yourself as if it was mine own. I don't visit the GF very often and you don't visit here much, so we have only talked once.

yeh but other members do it to death, which gets annoyingbig grin

Shakyamunison
yeh but other members do it to death, which gets annoyingbig grin

Only if you let them get to you. Ya, easier said than done, I've been then too. You are responsible for the way you feel, if you cared just a little less about what they say, it wouldn't bother you as much.

mr.smiley

Imagawa666
No their isnt. How can any body believe in God when they stone children to death (Islam) or will take children away that are born outside of wedlock (Catholics). Ever see the Magdelane sisters. That and god knows how many accoutns tell you religion is false and is overly evil.

Imagawa666
If religion was banned the world would be a better place. o more jihads, crusaades the world would get on better. No more 14 year old girls being flogged for being raped.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Imagawa666
No their isnt. How can any body believe in God when they stone children to death (Islam) or will take children away that are born outside of wedlock (Catholics). Ever see the Magdelane sisters. That and god knows how many accoutns tell you religion is false and is overly evil.

Because there are those who are wrong, does not mean that no one is right.

debbiejo
If religion was banned the world would be a better place. o more jihads, crusaades the world would get on better. No more 14 year old girls being flogged for being raped.

You can't ban it...That would be a dictatorship...Education is the best way...

mr.smiley

Your loooking at only a few interpetations of God.

Imagawa666
I think dictatorships work better than democracys ometimes. ANd for Mr smiley I have only two words for ya.........

SUCK IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And every interpretation of god is as bad as the next so dont fob me off with that excuse.

debbiejo
I think dictatorships work better than democracys ometimes. ANd for Mr smiley I have only two words for ya.........

SUCK IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And every interpretation of god is as bad as the next so dont fob me off with that excuse.

You are like 12 aren't you???

Sorry kid....Just lost what little respect I had for ya....grow up and read a book.

Imagawa666
Actaully im 15 and have read a lot of books so dont lecture me.......

Imagawa666
Im sick of people sticking up for something that is false... it P****** me off. Ill go make a thread about Jesus being a troublemaker..

Shakyamunison
Actaully im 15 and have read a lot of books so dont lecture me.......

What is your problem, my friend? You are being disrespectful and childish. I think you are more than that. You have to keep control of how you feel and think or you will undermine yourself.

You can have strong opinion, and listen to others. By being polite, you do not loose your way, you gain respect.

I will tell you that you are right and wrong. Do you want to know why?

Imagawa666
fine.................

Shakyamunison
fine.................

If you cut yourself and you bleed are you evil?

The blood that falls from your body is alive and will soon die. If you close the wound you condemn all those blood cells that have fallen away to death.

God is not all-powerful, God is the universe and life it's self is the soul of God.

So, there is no god like what everyone around you (Christians) thinks and you are right, it's a fairly tail. But when you look into the night sky, you look at God.

mr.smiley
If you cut yourself and you bleed are you evil?

The blood that falls from your body is alive and will soon die. If you close the wound you condemn all those blood cells that have fallen away to death.

God is not all-powerful, God is the universe and life it's self is the soul of God.

So, there is not god like what everyone around you (Christians) thinks and you are right, it's a fairly tail. But when you look into the night sky, you look at God.

I agree completly.And if someone can look into the night sky and tell me their is no God I doubt they are capable of human emotion.

Imagawa666
Are you on something... I know buddhists arer very philisophical but your a bit....

Shakyamunison
Are you on something... I know buddhists arer very philisophical but your a bit....

Ya, I have fun with life. Just think about it.

Imagawa666
AHH..................

Deano
most people cant face the horror of horrors that life is actually shit. Or shit compared with what it could be and we would like it to be. Indeed, it's not 'life' at all. It is a veil of tears disguised with heavy mascara and massive dabs of self-delusion.We judge our 'happiness' by our state of unhappiness, and our achievements by the symbols and trinkets that the system has decreed are the essentials of 'success'.

Shakyamunison
most people cant face the horror of horrors that life is actually shit. Or shit compared with what it could be and we would like it to be. Indeed, it's not 'life' at all. It is a veil of tears disguised with heavy mascara and massive dabs of self-delusion.We judge our 'happiness' by our state of unhappiness, and our achievements by the symbols and trinkets that the system has decreed are the essentials of 'success'.

I'm sorry Deano, but you have it all backwards.

Deano
explainbig grin

Shakyamunison
explainbig grin

This is Heaven or Hell or 8 other worlds at any moment, and enlightenment is realizing the true nature of life. The choice is yours to make. You must be living in the world of Hell, I used to live there also. I have realized that I can leave anytime and go to a better place. I'm not talking about things outside of your head. Your point of view changes the illusion you live in. You have the power to change the world by changing yourself. This change only effects you, you can not take anyone with you, but you can tell them, please try. So I say to you, my friend, please try.

Imagawa666
You live on the earht mate no where else. Unless your talking about spiritually rather than phyiscally

Shakyamunison
You live on the earht mate no where else. Unless your talking about spiritually rather than phyiscally

I'm talking about something completely different. The names are the same but it's not the same. Heaven is not somewhere else, heaven is a state of being that you live in or not, the choice is yours. When you change your point of view to see through the eyes of heaven your hole world changes. It's like having 10 sets of glasses. Each set has a name and when you put them on, you change. From lowest to highest goes like this;

http://www.buddhistinformation.com/10_worlds.htm\

Hell
Hunger
Animality
Anger
Heaven
Humanity
Learning
Realization
Bodhisattva
Buddhahood

Deano
This is Heaven or Hell or 8 other worlds at any moment, and enlightenment is realizing the true nature of life. The choice is yours to make. You must be living in the world of Hell, I used to live there also. I have realized that I can leave anytime and go to a better place. I'm not talking about things outside of your head. Your point of view changes the illusion you live in. You have the power to change the world by changing yourself. This change only effects you, you can not take anyone with you, but you can tell them, please try. So I say to you, my friend, please try.

i agree with that, but i also stand by what i say. not many people have the will power to change and make a difference, there arse is stuck to someone elses web of control

Shakyamunison
i agree with that, but i also stand by what i say. not many people have the will power to change and make a difference, there arse is stuck to someone elses web of control

IF you think you are free, you are free. If you think you are in a cage, then you are. There's a lot of work to be done and it starts with "me". If you though your hands up in the air and give up, you have lost.

mr.smiley
I think part of the problem is that people only look at a few sterotyped versions of God.People always ask why God lets bad things happen.Why hurrican Katrina,why the Holocaust?To quote Timothy Freke and Peter Gandy it's because God IS the Holocaust.We percive God as being a man on a throne who has strange laws.I think the Tao has a much better representation of God than the Holy Bible.

finti
just like your arse is stuck far up Ickes

Deano
IF you think you are free, you are free. If you think you are in a cage, then you are. There's a lot of work to be done and it starts with "me". If you though your hands up in the air and give up, you have lost.

im not giving up ever. i was just stating a fact about the world

Deano
happy birthday by the way shakybig grin

Shakyamunison
im not giving up ever. i was just stating a fact about the world

GOOD! It's hard for me to tell, from my point of view.

BTW thanks for the happy birthday. big grin

Legend Of Chibi
You know, many people say this it makes me annoyed. So what was the point of taking bits out of other religions and scamming the world? Would they get anything from it? Actually it's made me so annoyed...

Science is a big scam, i've heard of crossbreeds between animals and humans but never seen one so it must be fake, it's just taking bit's out of religions such as Horus who was part bird, and the earth being a sphere because the Bible says so and both are much older than science so it MUST be fake. Plus the only reason science says that whales breathe oxygen is because Jonah slept inside one. And the only reason science says we breathe oxygen because is one of the most common gases on earth.

May I ask, is the sky red at night? NO, but so-called science says that when you look at the sky you look far into the past so why can't we see THE BEGINNING OF TIME?

Science Is just a stupid set up created by modern scientists who are too scared to believe there is a god. Do you know that the fossils etc that are found which don't agree with evolution are gotten rid of?

Imagawa666
Thicko. They dont say that at all. Religon is a scam not sience. Without scince we would never have travelled to the moon, have cures for smallpox etc.

Legend Of Chibi
Thicko. They dont say that at all. Religon is a scam not sience. Without scince we would never have travelled to the moon, have cures for smallpox etc.

I think it all never happened, i wasn't there to see it and the only way I can know is if someone told me.

(You think you never see gods miracles so you don't think he exists))

Imagawa666
he doesnt you fanatic

Legend Of Chibi
he doesnt you fanatic

Is that all you can say? Do you have any REAL proof?

Imagawa666
Yeah the suffering in the world is.. Go do us a favor and burn your beliefs or yourself... Save the terroists the trouble. God wont protect any of us from the taint of Islam the cancer....

Legend Of Chibi
Yeah the suffering in the world is.. Go do us a favor and burn your beliefs or yourself... Save the terroists the trouble. God wont protect any of us from the taint of Islam the cancer....

I know you haven't read the Bible, why should god cure Cancer? When everyone is sining against him? God should make more diseases after how we are treating him but he is probably feeling sorry for us. And when would god want me to kill myself?

Anyways, suffering in the world isn't gods fault, the earth isn't a baby anymore it should be able to look after itself.

Imagawa666
God isnt real and you know it. Your afraid of the truth

finti
you never seen god or people of the biblical tales either so they must be fake as well

Shakyamunison
you never seen god or people of the biblical tales either so they must be fake as well

Irrational thinking will not succumb to rational thinking.

finti
you think?

Shakyamunison
you think?

It's a fact, jack! big grin

Legend Of Chibi
Exactly my point, so why does science say it's possible?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Legend Of Chibi
Exactly my point, so why does science say it's possible?

See what I mean, proof.

Legend Of Chibi
God isnt real and you know it. Your afraid of the truth

And why should I be afraid of science? And when was science the truth when most proof against what they say is gotten rid of?

Wonderer
People who believe in the Bible...there is no cure for blindness of the mind...

Wonderer
God and the teachings about God in the Bible are totally removed from each other.

Without a doubt the Bible is definitely wrong about God...the bible is childish and small-scale, mindless and stolen ideas...God is infinitely different than what it says in the Bible.

Legend Of Chibi
Originally posted by Wonderer
People who believe in the Bible...there is no cure for blindness of the mind...

I'm afraid to say my friend that you are being scammed by the scientists of the world, they miss out the real proof or change it so it fits their idea.

Legend Of Chibi
God and the teachings about God in the Bible are totally removed from each other.

Without a doubt the Bible is definitely wrong about God...the bible is childish and small-scale, mindless and stolen ideas...God is infinitely different than what it says in the Bible.

About as stolen as science? They don't just steal they also deny the existance of REAL proof and get rid of it! People just don't want to believe in god because they are too scared to believe, they think he'll just go away if they pretend he doesn't axist.

Wonderer
I don't believe in science either - I'm a philosopher. Science and religion - all the same.

Legend Of Chibi
I don't believe in science either - I'm a philosopher. Science and religion - all the same.

Now that is a smart way of thinking, then why deny the existance of a god?

Please tell me what makes you think the Bible shows god in the wrong kind of way

Imagawa666
You know you really piss me off. People like you are the cause of all the trouble in the world. you and your miserable religions...

Legend Of Chibi
You know you really piss me off. People like you are the cause of all the trouble in the world. you and your miserable religions...

I'm sorry, but you're getting my religion mixed up with the ones where you are allowed to kill yourself for your god.

I think you'll find that if everyone on earth was a Christian the world would have no murder, no terrorism, no stealing etc.

Shakyamunison
I'm sorry, but you're getting my religion mixed up with the ones where you are allowed to kill yourself for your god.

I think you'll find that if everyone on earth was a Christian the world would have no murder, no terrorism, no stealing etc.

No cures for disease, no space program and no free thought.

Wonderer
Stop with the senseless fighting now. Let's rather be philosophical, it's the highest form of thought and spirituality. But the Bible depicts God to be too much like a child who suddenly became presedent of a country...love to play God, power, pride...etc...we cannot really be so bold as to say like the Bible does, God is like this and that...black and white...four sides to make it square...it's very arrogant to think that a human being can know God so good as the Bible does. God is the great unknown infinity of all being....litterally beyond comprehension. The Bible assumes and dictates too much..puts words in the mouth of God.

Shakyamunison
Stop with the senseless fighting now. Let's rather be philosophical, it's the highest form of thought and spirituality. But the Bible depicts God to be too much like a child who suddenly became presedent of a country...love to play God, power, pride...etc...we cannot really be so bold as to say like the Bible does, God is like this and that...black and white...four sides to make it square...it's very arrogant to think that a human being can know God so good as the Bible does. God is the great unknown infinity of all being....litterally beyond comprehension. The Bible assumes and dictates too much..puts words in the mouth of God.

God is everything.
god is fictitious.

Wonderer
Being is everything.
being is fictitious.
God is not 'something' we can know. God and Being is the same. God/Existence. God/Nature...whatever you feel more meaningfull with.

Shakyamunison
Being is everything.
being is fictitious.
God is not 'something' we can know. God and Being is the same. God/Existence. God/Nature...whatever you feel more meaningfull with.

There is more to God than we can know, but all that we do know is part of God.

Hi Wonderer
I would like to let you know something; when I write god (lower case) I am talking about things like the Greek gods. When I write God (upper case) I am talking about the Buddha that was enlightened in the remote past (Lotus Sutra). big grin

Wonderer
But Buddha is not a God or a god...does Buddhism not represent a belief in nature with no creator?

Shakyamunison
But Buddha is not a God or a god...does Buddhism not represent a belief in nature with no creator?

There is no creation, there is no beginning and no end I use the term God, because people think they understand what I am saying. I use expedient means to get my point across.

Imagawa666
Buddha is a person who was deified after his death. At least his teachings are sane. Except for the warrior monks form medieval japan.

Shakyamunison
Buddha is a person who was deified after his death. At least his teachings are sane. Except for the warrior monks form medieval japan.

Buddhism is just like Christianity. There are some who worship Buddha like Christens worship Jesus. I believe they both are just teachers. If you read the teachings of Jesus, you might be surprised, it is very close to Buddhism.

Deano

but more religions emerged to throw humanity into a fiery conflict, purposely
religion is a mind prison.

In mainstream society we are given the choice of believing that at the end of this life we either cease to exist, or we become subject to some dictatorial God who loves us so much he is quite prepared to send us into the fires of hell if we don't bow the head and bend the knee. I rejected both choices from an early age.

Which fairytale religion you choose to believe doesn't much matter so long as you buy into one of them and, of course, your DNA is always there to guide you. The idea is to keep you focused on one obsession so you don't see the guy at the stove preparing the gravy. Horses have wide peripheral vision and some wear blinkers to ensure they can only see what's in front of them and not the panorama they would normally see. The blinkers are there to focus the horse on the desired activity - the race - and stop it being distracted by other horses or influences. The religions in all their forms are blinkers for humans. They are there to discourage consciousness from seeing beyond the program because they are focused on one predominant belief or goal.

Deano
what we call Creation is made up of infinite frequencies and dimensions all sharing the same space. They are like the radio and television stations broadcasting to where you are now. They are 'around' you and inside your body, but they are not consciously interfering with you or each other because they are on different frequencies. Only when the frequencies are very close on the dial do we have interference. If you tune to Radio A that is what you will hear. You don't hear the others because you are not tuned to their frequencies, but they still exist and other people will be listening to them. When you move your dial from Radio A to Radio B, you are now hearing Radio B, of course, but Radio A doesn't disappear when you move the dial. It goes on broadcasting - existing - it's just that you can't
hear it any more. These simple principles describe the nature of existence in our reality and other connected dimensions. These different 'worlds' can share the same space because they are resonating at different frequencies.

finti
please explain the christians that do steal do murder do acts of terrorism then

Legend Of Chibi
but more religions emerged to throw humanity into a fiery conflict, purposely
religion is a mind prison.

In mainstream society we are given the choice of believing that at the end of this life we either cease to exist, or we become subject to some dictatorial God who loves us so much he is quite prepared to send us into the fires of hell if we don't bow the head and bend the knee. I rejected both choices from an early age.

Which fairytale religion you choose to believe doesn't much matter so long as you buy into one of them and, of course, your DNA is always there to guide you. The idea is to keep you focused on one obsession so you don't see the guy at the stove preparing the gravy. Horses have wide peripheral vision and some wear blinkers to ensure they can only see what's in front of them and not the panorama they would normally see. The blinkers are there to focus the horse on the desired activity - the race - and stop it being distracted by other horses or influences. The religions in all their forms are blinkers for humans. They are there to discourage consciousness from seeing beyond the program because they are focused on one predominant belief or goal.

Ok, now let's imagine science as the 'fairytale religion'. Now would you rather be in a 'mind prison' where you know there is a god and you have a positive future and life, or a mind prison full of negative feeling and lies (Example; Saying we come from something less smarter than us such as apes is a negative thought, being there because of luck is negative feelings and thought. Being special is positive, knowing your future has purpose is positive)

Plus, howcome humans who live in tribes in jungles WITH monkeys haven't stayed as monkeys instead of evolving?

Now let's see the blinkers as Christianity, blocking us from seeing the wrongs and only seeing what is right. Would you rather see what you need or be lead astray by what's fake/wrong? Anyways, an Atheist cannot talk of looking beyond the bounderies, they are strapped to science with glue and believe everything it says, even if it's a lie.

"The idea is to keep you focused on one obsession so you don't see the guy at the stove preparing the gravy" The Bible says that you should be thankful for everything you have, such as life.

what we call Creation is made up of infinite frequencies and dimensions all sharing the same space. They are like the radio and television stations broadcasting to where you are now. They are 'around' you and inside your body, but they are not consciously interfering with you or each other because they are on different frequencies. Only when the frequencies are very close on the dial do we have interference. If you tune to Radio A that is what you will hear. You don't hear the others because you are not tuned to their frequencies, but they still exist and other people will be listening to them. When you move your dial from Radio A to Radio B, you are now hearing Radio B, of course, but Radio A doesn't disappear when you move the dial. It goes on broadcasting - existing - it's just that you can't
hear it any more. These simple principles describe the nature of existence in our reality and other connected dimensions. These different 'worlds' can share the same space because they are resonating at different frequencies.

Maybe you can now say it slightly more simply... :/

Legend Of Chibi
please explain the christians that do steal do murder do acts of terrorism then

They are clearly not real Christians, and the Bible itself says this is not right to kill or kill yourself, it also says that on the odd occasion (such as when god asks you to commit suicide) god would rather you say NO.

Shakyamunison
...(Example; Saying we come from something less smarter than us such as apes is a negative thought, being there because of luck is negative feelings and thought. Being special is positive, knowing your future has purpose is positive)...

We are apes.

Apes are the members of the Hominoidea superfamily of primates, including humans. There are two families of hominoids: *the family Hylobatidae consists of 12 species of gibbons, including the Lar and the Siamang, collectively known as the "lesser apes"*the family Hominidae consisting of gorillas, chimpanzees, orangutans, and Humans, collectively known as the "great apes".
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ape

I don't know why you feel this way. We are not here because of luck and I am not saying that you are not special, you are special. What I am saying is everything is special and is God. Everything was and is the handiwork of God, so to say that a gibbons is less special than a human is something that leads to arrogance and then suffering.

Legend Of Chibi
We are apes.

Apes are the members of the Hominoidea superfamily of primates, including humans. There are two families of hominoids: *the family Hylobatidae consists of 12 species of gibbons, including the Lar and the Siamang, collectively known as the "lesser apes"*the family Hominidae consisting of gorillas, chimpanzees, orangutans, and Humans, collectively known as the "great apes".
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ape

I don't know why you feel this way. We are not here because of luck and I am not saying that you are not special, you are special. What I am saying is everything is special and is God. Everything was and is the handiwork of God, so to say that a gibbons is less special than a human is something that leads to arrogance and then suffering.

Yet still people whom live in the Jungle are humans, why didn't they 'evolve'? I'll tell you why IT'S A FIX!

We're either here by pure luck or there are thousands of other human-like creatures out there. And if we come from apes and are just another molecule of water in a extremely large sea or just luck than we are not special.

Shakyamunison
Yet still people whom live in the Jungle are humans, why didn't they 'evolve'? I'll tell you why IT'S A FIX!

We're either here by pure luck or there are thousands of other human-like creatures out there. And if we come from apes and are just another molecule of water in a extremely large sea or just luck than we are not special.

No, 50,000 years ago hominids almost died out, went extinct. That is why there are no other hominids left other than us. It's not a fix, if I could prove a leading theory wrong, I could get very rich off of it. There are people who are keeping you and others in the dark, not me.

Legend Of Chibi
No, 50,000 years ago hominids almost died out, went extinct. That is why there are no other hominids left other than us. It's not a fix, if I could prove a leading theory wrong, I could get very rich off of it. There are people who are keeping you and others in the dark, not me.

Ok then, why did they evolve in the jungles? Why didn't they STAY as monkeys? They didn't need to evolve and neither did the apes or monkeys that they are with now.

Shakyamunison
Ok then, why did they evolve in the jungles? Why didn't they STAY as monkeys? They didn't need to evolve and neither did the apes or monkeys that they are with now.

Your knowledge of this subject is limited and to explain why would take too long, so let me answer your question by asking you one. Animals with fur coats, in the cold, keep warm by rising the hairs on their body and trapping a layer of air. When you are cold you get "goosebumps". This is the same mechanism, little mussels pull up the hair on our body. We do not have fur coats, why do we still have a way of raising the hairs on our bodies, it doesn't work to keep us warm, did god make a mistake?

Legend Of Chibi
Your knowledge of this subject is limited and to explain why would take too long, so let me answer your question by asking you one. Animals with fur coats, in the cold, keep warm by rising the hairs on their body and trapping a layer of air. When you are cold you get "goosebumps". This is the same mechanism, little mussels pull up the hair on our body. We do not have fur coats, why do we still have a way of raising the hairs on our bodies, it doesn't work to keep us warm, did god make a mistake?

God didn't make a mistake, this is more micro-evolution, we don't need fur because we can't survive in cold enviroments, we can't survive in cold enviroments because we don't have fur, so clearly all of man once lived on one large island which was clearly in a hot environment.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>