How WILL yaoda lose his light sabre

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bwill00
It has to be when he fights sidious or when he flies out of the window

Cascador
Who says he will loose it? just because he doesn't use it anymore in the OT doesn't mean he lost it.

smoker4
laughing http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/fear.gif laughing

bwill00
i have proof he doesnt have it

wallalupp
and even if he did lose it he would just make a new one

EDIT: and id like to see that proof

bwill00
Homeworld:
Dagobah

Located near a lagoon and a fearsome looking twisted tree in the swamps of Dagobah is a simple mud hut that housed the last known Jedi Master of old in the galaxy. It is a far cry from the towering spires of the Jedi Temple, but when the Jedi were slaughtered during the turbulent political changes that wracked the galaxy, such austerity is understandable.
Inside the hut, Yoda lived a simple existence. He had no items of technology, and instead relied on the wildnerness of Dagobah to provide him his needs. He would cook on an open fire, preparing meals from the surrounding plants, such as his rootleaf stew.

Growing near the hut is a twisted tree strong in the dark side of the Force. It is a domain of evil, though how it came to be this way is unknown. Beneath the tree's gnarled root system is a mysterious cave. When Jedi initiate Luke Skywalker entered the cave as part of his training, he experienced a chillingly surreal image.

In the dank cavern, an image of Darth Vader appeared before Luke, brandishing a lightsaber. The two dueled, their motions slow and dream-like. Skywalker succeeded in beheading the dark form. When the severed head landed at his feet, he saw its faceplate suddenly explode. There, behind the metal mask, was Luke's face. The terrifying image of Luke's possible future marked one of several failures during his training on Dagobah.

Cascador
Originally posted by bwill00
i have proof he doesnt have it

let's see it then...

bwill00
ORIGINAL SITE www.starwars.com databank yodas hut

wallalupp
my bad (not fan made) , but its still not proof that he doesnt have a lightsabre, he just doesnt have any technological items in his hut

bwill00
read it
thats why i started this thread
i just wonder if and how he lost it but says he reled on no technology

Cascador
They mean in the database that he didn't live on technology...that doesn't mean he lost it...besides the database can't know the details yet...they would be spoilers. There are no details yet about the fight of Anakin and Obi-Wan either, just that Obi-Wan defeats him. How Obi-Wan got Anakin's lightsaber is not mentioned, cause they don't know it.

smoker4
Lightsabers have been around in the SW universe for centuries, hardly considered technology, it means he doesnt have his i-pod

bwill00
well when the temple was scourged didnt he and obi wan go back. he took the book of the whills and he knew how to make a lightsabre but didnt because there were no materials

The Ones
score 1 for cascador.

Naredhel
LOL at the ipod smoker!

bwill00
well the movie technology couldnt make yoda a light sabre,you could be right mabey he didnt use cause he didnt need it, but in insider num 79 or 80 it shows a pic of him doing lightsabre training with blocks not his lightsabre.

Cascador
But did he have to make a new one? There is no proof that he lost it...The database tries to point out that he didn't live on technology...when this text was written, they probably didn't even know if he still had it or not....they could not even know if he had a lightsaber in the first place if this text was written before the prequels or before ep II

bwill00
picture is proof he didnt use his lightsabre

Naredhel
So? Maybe he didn't use to it show Luke how uneccessary aggression is. Blocks are inanimate objects, whereas a lightsaber in the hands of someone is far more prone to an aggressive reaction,

bwill00
but if your thrown out of a building your first thought isnt man let me put my lightsabre up

BAILY
Yoda will lose his lightsaber the same way I lost my virginity.... at gun point in a 7/11........

smoker4
Sids never uses his saber in the OT but it doesnt mean he doesnt have it

bwill00
bail is supposed to catch yoda, mabey he cant catch a light sabre as obi wan did in aotc

smoker4
Originally posted by BAILY
Yoda will lose his lightsaber the same way I lost my virginity.... at gun point in a 7/11........

http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/jawdrop.gif

BAILY
Yoda's saber prolly is at the bottom of the Senate Chambers under rubble

Naredhel
How about this... he keeps his lightsaber in his hand while falling. Wow. That was genius....

and ROTFLMAO Baily!

bwill00
haha 7/11

but mabey sids lost his too against mace and thats y anikan had too "protect" him

Cascador
bail is supposed to catch yoda, mabey he cant catch a light sabre as obi wan did in aotc

maybe maybe maybe...maybe it hangs back on Yoda's belt when he catches him!

Cascador
haha 7/11

but mabey sids lost his too against mace and thats y anikan had too "protect" him

No sidious fights yoda after the fight with Mace so he couldn't have lost it by than

bwill00
Wait he couldnt have lost it because he fights mace first then yoda

Naredhel
Um... who the hell is "Yaoda" anyway? And dude, does it really matter? All that matters is if he uses it or not... and we know he doesn't. (I'm talking ep 4,5,6)

bwill00
How about this... he keeps his lightsaber in his hand while falling. Wow. That was genius....

and ROTFLMAO Baily!

but if your thrown out of a building your first thought isnt man let me put my lightsabre up

Naredhel
um... what about just holding it... not putting it "up," I mean literally holding it. You can fall and hold objects - the laws of physics allow for that.

bwill00
he wasnt in 4 .... and i accidentally putyaoda

lol

bwill00
if your knocked out you losse grip or like anikan he just drops it

Cascador
who's Anikan? laughing out loud

bwill00
weve seen lightsabres destroyed in every episode ....whats the possibility that he cant loose it

Naredhel
ok, fair point. But somehow I can't see that happening. Besides, it doesn't matter. Irrelevent. Caput.

Naredhel
Ok, well if he DID lose it, why did he not build another one?

bwill00
who's Anikan?

hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!lol

Naredhel
that's what Casky asked you... erm

bwill00
mabey because he went to dagobah and its all wildlife there were just no materials

Cascador
yeah....never heard of an Anikan....Anakin yes...but not of an Anikanstick out tongue

bwill00
shit happens you know, hey mabey your right and he does have it but doesnt use it. he did tell luke when he sent him to the cave and he said you dont need ur weapons. mabey he doesnt need his lightsabre on dagobah. but i think it still gets destroyed

bwill00
Anakin.....sorry to everyone for my tree letter gramatical typing errors.
yaoda

an i ka n
iment to put anakin and yoda

bwill00
now four letters.....

tree iment to put three

bwill00
yeah but i think he lost it in a battle with sidious

Cascador
could be...we'll have to wait

Darth_Nefarus
WHOA
Yoda is a Jedi, he would build another lightsaber if he lost it anyway. And he'd need one to train Luke. Yes we never see him with it in the OT, but I gurantee he's still got one just in case

Cascador
I don't know if he saw it as necessary to built a new one...and how could he make a new one, with no technology. Yoda is not a lover of using lightsabers. He's not a fighter, a warrior like he points out in ep V. So if he lost it, he would first see it as unneccesary to make a new one...second he wouldn't be able to make one. I just doubt the fact he lost it.

Stunrun
he had no reason to use his lightsaber in the OT, but that doesnt mean hes lost it. I personally couldnt give a damn whether he still has it or not

Gundark
Probably would have been handy to have in order to do some dueling practice with Luke...although Luke was getting Yoda's crash course as time was of the essence.

Naredhel
Go Stun \o/

((The_Anomaly))
where do u get that yoda dosent "love" lightsabers?

i think his personality makes it that he would rather not use it, but he is the most skilled swordsman in the entire order. i think that means he uses it it quite alot (practice etc.) so jusy because he would rather not use it does not mean he does not like them.

i do agree however, if it were to get destroyed he would not be able to make another one even if he wated too (unless he left dagobah) and even if he did im sure that palpatine would have all the locations where you can find the crystals that go into the saber guarded. so if yoda losses it in Eps III then he dosent have one in IV and V.

Cascador

((The_Anomaly))
yea thats what i meant too....he would rather not use it, unless he had too. however, unless u happen to be palpatine, u better run away if he decides too...lol

BAILY
I think Yoda would use a lightsaber as a last defense... he isnt like Anakin who whips it out all the time

((The_Anomaly))
hhahaa! yea anakin is a lightsaber whore...lol

Lord Tyrant
Who cares if Yoda losses his light-saber or not?

Envious Eyes
So does Yoda play dead when he fights Sidious to trick Sidious into thinks he is dead?

GCG
perhaps thats why sidious looks fat ; yoda hides under his very nose the same way sidious did with the Jedi.

solsmitch
i would like to see a scene in the film at the end or something where yoda, hangs his head in sorrow and heads of to dagobah, perhaps he could willingly discard his lightsaber, i mean what he gonna need it for?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.