Star Wars: Battlefront 2?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Ones
can anyone confirm the rumors that Star Wars: Battlefront 2 is coming out in september 2005?

SnakeEyes
Hmm, just looked and could not find anything on it. I really hope they come out with a sequel, or at least an expansion...

ArthasKnight
How would you make a sequel though? Add more worlds?

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by ArthasKnight

It made money, so there will definently be a sequal.

RaventheOnly
come on.... there are more then the worlds mentioned in the star wars movies.... there is a whole bloody galaxy! i hate when movie games, especially war ones only stick to the battlefields featured in the film mad

SnakeEyes

They could set it in the NJO timeline and have the armies be New Republic and Yuuzhan Vong. That would be very awesome.

DCLXVI
I doubt that, SnakeEyes. wink
They'd probably add the Episode III Armour and weaponry, vehicles, worlds....and some EU Battles, no doubt. wink

vaya_the_elf
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
They could set it in the NJO timeline and have the armies be New Republic and Yuuzhan Vong. That would be very awesome.

That would be cool.

I wonder what they will do.

pr1983
what i'd like to see...

more worlds, different varieties of units, tons more vehichles...

a storyline...

playable characters (jedi, sith etc...)

more set pieces from the movies, especially ship based ones... both death star attacks, the colosseum etc...

and keep all the good shit from the first one...

vaya_the_elf
Storyline would be very nice.

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by DCLXVI
I doubt that, SnakeEyes. wink
They'd probably add the Episode III Armour and weaponry, vehicles, worlds....and some EU Battles, no doubt. wink

Unfortunately, you are right. They wouldn't do that. Just saying though... It would be awesome.

The Ones
heres the link of where i found it: http://shop.game.net/ViewProduct.aspx?cat=9&mid=325742

real or just an assumption made by game?

Echuu
Originally posted by pr1983
what i'd like to see...

more worlds, different varieties of units, tons more vehichles...

a storyline...

playable characters (jedi, sith etc...)

more set pieces from the movies, especially ship based ones... both death star attacks, the colosseum etc...

and keep all the good shit from the first one...

Those are some good ideas; especially the jedi/sith idea. I was bummed out that you couldn't play as them.

One more thing they need to add is LARGER space battles. I always found it to be too easy to just gun all the enemy fighters down.
It needs to be "faster, more intense!!!!" big grin

ArthasKnight
a storyline...

No way, I don't think a storyline would work in a game like this. It's your basic conquest game, it doesn't need a storyline. I remember they tried a storyline in F Zero GX, man that was a horrible game...

pr1983
Originally posted by Echuu
Those are some good ideas; especially the jedi/sith idea. I was bummed out that you couldn't play as them.

One more thing they need to add is LARGER space battles. I always found it to be too easy to just gun all the enemy fighters down.
It needs to be "faster, more intense!!!!" big grin

definately... i want to fly the falcon too...

No way, I don't think a storyline would work in a game like this. It's your basic conquest game, it doesn't need a storyline. I remember they tried a storyline in F Zero GX, man that was a horrible game...

i do see what you mean, but even a little bit of structure would help imo...

Mist
how about a bit of physics? not the extreme like half life 2, but a bit more interactivity within levels.

pr1983
could be good... like booby traps or barrciades or something else?

i want to see less of the 'takes a whole clip to kill one droid' stuff... make it more similar to the movies...

The Ones
and you should be able to be a jedi/sith, like lead the clones to battle or lead the droids

DCLXVI
Better aircraft battles, like the ones in Rogue Squadron. wink

Mist
more ewoks! there wasnt enough to kill in the last one!

pr1983
Originally posted by The Ones
and you should be able to be a jedi/sith, like lead the clones to battle or lead the droids

definately...

Originally posted by DCLXVI
Better aircraft battles, like the ones in Rogue Squadron. wink

i dont see why they cant stick in aircraft only missions... wouldnt a death star run be sweet? or the millenium falcon?

Originally posted by Mist
more ewoks! there wasnt enough to kill in the last one!

what you got against ewoks?

starwarsfreak34
i thought i'd let u all know (since it bodes well to get known) that the tentative release date for the game is 1st of november. new features include: EU planets, jedi units (only in some maps), space battles and objective driven missions. one mission include the big battle at the beginning of episode III. also you can board ships and capture them. unfortunately (as im not that well known) i cannot post a link to the site sad mad

SaTsuJiN
I hope the jedi units are like : only 1 per side, and the person who becomes the jedi is randomly selected.. and perhaps the death of the jedi counts as like 50 kills

pr1983
Originally posted by starwarsfreak34
i thought i'd let u all know (since it bodes well to get known) that the tentative release date for the game is 1st of november. new features include: EU planets, jedi units (only in some maps), space battles and objective driven missions. one mission include the big battle at the beginning of episode III. also you can board ships and capture them. unfortunately (as im not that well known) i cannot post a link to the site sad mad

can you do it with spaces?

The Ones
yea. or just do it like: h**p://www.whateversitethathasstarwarsbattlefront2info.org

Gollum1956
Ok one point you will be able to be a Jedi on special missions in space in ship you can board big ships
Ok it's name is
Star Wars BattleFront Clone Wars
it will have the battle at the start of A New Hope against IMPERIALS who board ship and some Episode III battle and much more i shall give more info as soon as possible

forumcrew
gamespot has a page on it but it has pretty much no info on it..

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/starwarsbattlefront2/index.html?q=star+wars+battle+front+2

pr1983
from cvg.com...

STAR WARS: BATTLEFRONT 2 GOING BACK TO THE FRONT

Reports slipping out suggest a sequel to LucasArts' Battlefield-style Star Wars shooter is underway

12:23 Rebel and Imperial troops are glancing nervously over their shoulders and droids emitting a cautionary 'beep' as word hits the internet that Star Wars: Battlefront 2 is currently in development. And there were the factions of George Lucas' universe hoping for an extended break baking under the suns of Tatooine.
According to reports, it's a recent edition of PC Gamer magazine that's let slip that the sequel is under way, with new levels and new AI being mentioned for the follow-up which is targeting blasters on PC, Xbox and PS2.

Speaking to Activision UK earlier about the reports, a spokesperson said "We do not comment on speculation and rumour" when queried about the existence of Star Wars: Battlefront 2. No confirmation from that quarter then, but it's said we should expect an official announcement on the sequel at this year's E3 in May.

All we can say is: stay tuned.

Stuart Bishop

Click the link to see the source:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/r/?page=http://www.computerandvideogames.com/news/news_story.php(que)id=116627

Fallen One
There WILL be Jedi & Sith to play in SW:BF2 and you can control a Star Destroyer: fly it , use the escape pods and jump in the turrets and shot down starfigthers. Happy Dance rock eek!

bigkev99
you kill ewaks EVIL EVil any way the last one was way to short. The jedi thing would be awsome but they need to make there own game not just copy off batle field

bigkev99
(b) any one

Fallen One
in swbf2 if your imperial you can take control in some levels the
Happy Dance DEATH STAR Happy Dance
yes the star of death and use its "laser cannon" thingy smile
blowupblowup

pr1983
That was in battlefront one, the galactic conquest section, play as the empire and you can destroy planets...

Fallen One
That was in battlefront one, the galactic conquest section, play as the empire and you can destroy planets...

I mean as aiming at any thing you want in a space battle.

Fallen One

pr1983
Originally posted by Fallen One
I mean as aiming at any thing you want in a space battle.

imagine everyone fighting over it... halo online all over again...

not counting the fact that its an extremely slow charging and targeting weapon... it would be only usefull against large cruisers...

i cant see them using it realistically...

Fallen One
hay you can now muck up a rocket if its following you in a vehicle and it returns to the firer, some time causing destruction of the planet.
blowupblowupblowup

Fallen One

not counting the fact that its an extremely slow charging and targeting weapon... it would be only usefull against large cruisers...

i cant see them using it realistically...
thats quiet understandable. ya but what if the planet below was enemy controlled?

Fallen One
blowupblowupblowupblowupblowupblowupblowupblowupbl
owupblowup

Fallen One

i cant see them using it realistically... what about using it to captor enemy ships , ill be steeling a Corillian cruiser or two
tomcattomcat

pr1983
what about using it to captor enemy ships , ill be steeling a Corillian cruiser or two
tomcattomcat

the death star? u mean with a tractor beam? sure, but would the levels be long enough? the game engine would have to be overhauled, with larger, more ranging battles...

Fallen One
is F***kin HUGE and it will be on ps2,xbox and computer ha I'm going to be imperial just to have a Star Destroyer, how about walking up and down the halls of one hay

Fallen One
stupid

Fallen One
jawdrop

Fallen One
and its not just go out and kill game, now with objectives, imagine playing general grevius or the emperor.

pr1983
and its not just go out and kill game, now with objectives, imagine playing general grevius

i'd just be mace windu and crush him...

but a game that advanced and wide ranging would be a complete departure from the original... i'll believe it when i see it smile

Fallen One
hay what console you got?

pr1983
hay what console you got?

ps2...

Fallen One
sweet ill verse you wen i get a net adapter

pr1983
sweet ill verse you wen i get a net adapter

i don't got a net adaptor... and i prolly wont be getting one...

Fallen One
OH sad any way I'd kick your a$$

Mist
ive got the latest Hyper magazine and it has Battlefront 2 in it. Theres a few screens of stardestroyer levels, a couple of pics of xwings and tie fighters, it says you can play as jedi (light or dark) with force powers, but it doesnt go into specifics.

It looks like Tantive IV will be a level. Theres a few physics things, like stormtroopers flying around after getting blown away.

Looks pretty good.

pr1983
OH sad any way I'd kick your a$$

you could try stick out tongue

Originally posted by Mist
ive got the latest Hyper magazine and it has Battlefront 2 in it. Theres a few screens of stardestroyer levels, a couple of pics of xwings and tie fighters, it says you can play as jedi (light or dark) with force powers, but it doesnt go into specifics.

It looks like Tantive IV will be a level. Theres a few physics things, like stormtroopers flying around after getting blown away.

Looks pretty good.

it has to have have better splash damage...

Fallen One
YOU CAN DESTROY PLANETS
Jumpyraygun

Darth Luke
yes and you can blow bits off the death star in space battles aswell

pr1983
screenshots:

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/starwarsbattlefront2/screens.html?page=6

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/starwarsbattlefront2/screens.html?page=5

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/starwarsbattlefront2/screens.html?page=4

and a report at gamespot...

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/starwarsbattlefront2/preview_6122651.html

Darth Luke
ive read the preview by OPM2 UK, it looks really cool and if it does come out in september ill be so happy like i was for the first one

pr1983
me too... it says online ps2 has 24 people... that is not bad... i'd get it for pc though, 64 people...

and more space combat...

Darth Luke
very hectic indeed, perfect, ill be a commander talking to everyone, here are my short but powerful words.............wipe them out...........alll of them

Darth Luke
oh yeah, i now have a date for the release of battlefront 2........28th october 2005

The Ones
YAY!. cant wait to get it

Darth Luke
i know, it looks excellent

Fallen One
Single-player experience includes smarter AI enemies and allies
New space battles allow you to dogfight in X-wings, TIE fighters and Jedi starfighters
Online multiplayer action
More than 16 new battlefronts on land and in space

From StarWarsShop.COM

Fallen One

Fallen One

Darth Luke
sounds great, i cant wait now

Fallen One
its spouse to be out in the US in November

Darth Luke
october the 28th

Red Superfly
I hope this time the levels are bigger, for the spaceship dogfights. The levels were way to small and cramped for X-Wings and TIE Fighters to be flying around.

Only Hoth seemed to incorporate the vehicle battles properly last time.

I also hope the shooting in general is cleaned up. The collision in the last game was crap, sometimes clear headshots didn't kill.

They should put the Jedi/Sith accomplice on a rotation too, so that everyone gets a go, rather than one idiot hogging the spot.

master sifadius
You can go Here: http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/starwarsbattlefront2/media.html to see some preview of the game in a interview.

pr1983
Originally posted by Red Superfly
I hope this time the levels are bigger, for the spaceship dogfights. The levels were way to small and cramped for X-Wings and TIE Fighters to be flying around.

I also hope the shooting in general is cleaned up. The collision in the last game was crap, sometimes clear headshots didn't kill.

They should put the Jedi/Sith accomplice on a rotation too, so that everyone gets a go, rather than one idiot hogging the spot.

i agree... no halo type shit where people kill the guy with the great vehicle...

i agree about space combat too... needs to be bigger and better...

and a death star run for chrissakes...

Fallen One
Originally posted by Red Superfly

There's more that one Jedi/Sith to play at a time in the game. Happy Dance

TIE-Hunter21
Accroding to XBOX offical magzine battlefront for PS2, XBOX(2?) and PC will have jedi, the gffirst battle of a new hope (tantive 4 blocade runner) and epsode 3 players, craft and battles. The game will sourpt 32 player for consoles and 64 or more for pc

TIE-Hunter21
According to XBOX official magazine battlefront for PS2, XBOX(2?) and PC will have Jedi, the first battle of a new hope (tantive 4 blockade runner) and episode 3 players, craft and battles. The game will soared 32 player for consoles and 64 or more for pc

Darth Luke
you double posted that TIE-Hunter21

Fallen One
HE'S ONLY HUMAN....... or is he?

The Ones
ninja

Fallen One
whistle What the f**k?

pr1983
huh

Fallen One
laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

pr1983
new screens...

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/openpic.php?name=.. %2Fscreenshots_library%2Fdir_284%2Fvortal_pic_1420
22.jpg

Echuu
Sweet stuff

Fallen One
nice shifty shifty shifty shifty

shangheid
Holy sweet mother this game looks good no expression

Monkey_Butt13
I think this is going to be the best star wars game for all the systems. I'm going to buy it the first day it comes out. Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance eek! eek! eek!

shangheid
I'll try...dunno if I'll have money sad ...but that's so cool you can play as a Jedi!

DarkDethbringer
the sequal willl have all episodes and you will be able to play as jedi for a short time limit...and FINALLY!!! you will be able to have space battle dogfights!

shangheid
Originally posted by DarkDethbringer
and FINALLY!!! you will be able to have space battle dogfights! Thank God!

PIBO
I hope that you can play with native forces
that would be cool Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Fallen One
You can play alone side but as a native i dont know, you can setroy the native population though. laughing eek!

pr1983
saw a few videos on ign... the space maps are huge (well, imo), looking good...

El_NINO
I will buy that game for sure, cant wait for the space battles to begin.

Fox4
Coruscant space battle is a must.

SnakeEyes
I must say, out of everything this sequel is going to offer, I'm looking forward to space battles the most.

Fallen One
you can tack a landing ship full of soldiers, land on and enemy capital ship, but the ship you used turns in to a spawn point for your soldiers big grin big grin big grin big grin eek!

Fallen One
you can not only play as a Jedi, but I've seen pictures of a person playing as Boba Fett

RaventheOnly
Its basically UT2004 with less graphics and starwars embarrasment

TwisterGameX
So is thi sgame kick ass ?

TwisterGameX
Oh it didn't come out yet(Halloween it comes out I think...31st)

http://ps2media.ign.com/ps2/image/article/659/659810/star-wars-battlefront-ii-20051019071805143.jpg

http://ps2media.ign.com/ps2/image/article/655/655899/star-wars-battlefront-ii-20051005091124171.jpg

stunna1773
it comes out nov. 1st but people who reserved the game will most likely get it the 31st like me

TwisterGameX
I might get it.

The Ones
i got it yesterday. IT IS AWESOME!!!!!!

stunna1773
so did i yoda is like the best ever in that game once iwas able to use him i didnt die

SnakeEyes
This game rules! I never doubted it and I wasn't let down. It really delivers. Go check it out (to those who haven't)

JToTheP
I got offline an hour ago, I LOOOOOVE it! It took a few minutes to adjust to some changes, but its incredible!

TwisterGameX
It's coming out for PSP!!

JToTheP
It is out for PSP, but I'd only get PSP for GTA:LCS

JKozzy
I'm waiting for the PSP2, personally.

Delta 62
Best game ever. I'm blasting Rebelscum on the Death Star..how dare the SOBs attempt to steal our plans..

El_NINO
I just want to know if its good or not because im considering buying it for my PC. Ive read the review on gamespot and seen their pics and it looks pretty amazing, plus I did say i was gonna buy it but I would liek to know if anyone has played it and if they have how is it.

TwisterGameX
I didn't play it but want the game but go to IGN for a rating..they give their rating then what people think rating and finally the press rating.

SaTsuJiN
Is it even good?.. I heard people cheap the game up by owning entire battles with just 1 jedi lol

JToTheP
The jedi & Sith have time limits and health meters, yes they kill people in one shot, but they add to the tension. They can be killed though, with every weapon you kill others with. It isn't only them also, people like Han & Leia can kill in 2 lasers.

SaTsuJiN
so there arent just jedi heroes?... and how does the selection of who becomes hero occur?.. random?.. or you hear a bunch of peeps cursing at eachother over who gets first dibs? lol

SnakeEyes
I have the game and am liking it so far, but I was wondering... Is there any way for Jedi to fight Sith in Singleplayer? (Ya know, like, have a saber battle on the field and stuff).

jediprson
i just got it today. and it is way better than Battlefront 1

El_NINO
Im sold... im buying the the game

DirectorFitz
It's very fun! I beat it just now, the single player story atleast and I have to say hands down THE best Star Wars game I've ever played. As fluent as the saber techniques on the Episode III game were, these seem more like the actual movie ones and seem real. And it's so cool now that you can change your type/rank in the middle of battle. But, I too wonder if you could start out as a Jedi/Sith, rather than earning them with points...

stunna1773
i only beaten rise of the empire

Darthburgerking
well I'm a traditionalist, so I gotta know in multiplayer or in single player can you set the heroe's off, this info would be VERY nice to know for I am considering buying it but I want to know if I can turn off the hero's if I want.

RedAlertv2
This game is freakin awesome. I bought it today and it absolutely pwns the first Battlefront. Great game, I reccomend to all SW fans.

Darthburgerking
Is it true that you can only use marines and pilots on space levels? and can you set it to so no hero's come out?

SnakeEyes
It is true that you can only use marines and pilots on space levels. There can't be heroes on space missions also. You can set it so there are no heroes at all, if you prefer.

Darthburgerking
oh okay. what are marines like I have heard that they have rocket launcher's and maching guns? I'm just checking this out I just don't wanna fork out the money till I understand what I'm getting.

~Forever Lost~
Yes they have machine guns like a stormtrooper and rocket launchers like a shocktrooper. They also have a little blaster.

BTW, if anyone is looking for a clan, pm me. Our name is .

Jedi Shmedi
Just got the PSP version today and I freaking love it! That brings my PSP library up to TWO games big grin Untold Legends get's old after you've killed a million flippin' spiders by level 9

SaTsuJiN
is there a large difference between console versions? which you guys prefer? (doesnt necessarily have to be factual)

RedAlertv2
Today my brother somehow managed to start a match on Instant Battle that was all heroes. It was the coolest thing ever, but he doesnt know how he did it. It made me realize that there are tons of heroes in that game, Each side could pick from 8 or 9.

SnakeEyes
Really?!?! Man, that sounds awesome! You need to let me know how he did it when you find out. Was it a glitch, or can you actually do it?

RedAlertv2
Im honestly not sure how he did it. We tried to retrace the steps he took to do it, but we couldnt get it to work again. All I know is, it was one of the coolest moments of the game thus far. Ill find out how its done and post it soon.

The Ones
i know how i did it. go to mos eisly, then select assault.

SnakeEyes
Yeah, that worked for me. The only thing I don't like about it though, is that it will have multiple numbers of the same character. Any way to change it so that there is only one hero/villain, ie: not 2 Lukes at once.

Darthburgerking
I rented it and I'm pretty impressed except I'm a little pissed that I can only choose from marines and pilots on space missions.

The Ones
Darth: would it make a difference. your inside the ship half the time

Snake: Dont know

Darthburgerking
yeah but I mean I would rather be say a dark trooper in it with that shotgun, or a wookie, with is spread fire, instead it's just all the same class in space battles, still massively fun though.

RedAlertv2
ITs awesome being a Wampa on Hoth hunt. Smashing faces of rebels will never get old

El_NINO
WOW.... I just bought it and I like it. Especailly when you play online with heroes only!!!

MadMel
BEEB BEEB BEEB REACTIVATION!! laughing out loud
that level with all jedi is easy to find go to moss eisly and set the mode to assult.

MadMel
this game is the most awsomeness FPS (apart from halo) that ive played. online is totaly awsome. can everyone give me ur online names (if you have one) so i can find you online

El_NINO
I have it, im playing CS more than SWBF 2 to be honest

AFM19Delta
Greatest SW game I've ever played

MadMel
hmm some people (not me smile ) might disagree with you there.

SnakeEyes
It is definitely NOT the greatest Star Wars game. It's good, but nothing special, really. It gets really repetitive after a short period of time.

JToTheP
If anyone is on, me and my friend are playing in a game called "John". All maps, modes, eras.

MadMel
im the infamous, mindless 'MadMel' evil face . none can touch me, out of fear of being outwitted. evil face

MasterAshenVor
Hello

Lets have a little debate me and my friends have been having a debate on this...So We are depending on you guys to figure it out with us..

And here it is.

Is the Space Battles in Star Wars: Battlefront II accurate to the Star Wars Universe? can it be considered a Accurate SW Starship Space Simulation? or is it just one of those Arcadeish type rehashes...

Personally I think it falls along in the line of the Rogue Squadron Series.

If it had more variety such as missions I also think it would come close to the X-WING / Tie Fighter Series of games. not as good no...but...close.

This debate encompasses these Questions

Is the Dogfighting Accurate?

Do the Damages Reflect the Ships correctly?

Are the Star Destroy Assaults Accurate?

YOU DECIDE!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.