How does sidious's face turn all mangled?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Feytal
whats the deal, what happens between senator palpatine and sidious, does he have a mask or something, one minute normal looking old guy the next like some monster

jaden101
i'll just say goodbye now while i have the chance

ArthasKnight
Oh man, only the bazillionth thread on this topic. I suggest you run before the flames come in. There's a bunch of other threads with the same question in 'em.

shaber
The depths of the dark forces have that effect. But it is likely to be explained more fully in episode III.

Cascador
I suggest you go to this thread and use the search button in the future before starting a thread:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f38/t330172.html

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by ArthasKnight
Oh man, only the bazillionth thread on this topic.

At least. stick out tongue

smoker4
To infinity and beyond smokin'

shockimebones
what does it matter? Just answer his question and the thread will vanish.

Velcro_Boy
because there are tons of threads on this topic.

ArthasKnight
Nobody likes to answer the same question a bazillion times.

shockimebones
fair enough (or fairy muff as I like to say)

Captain REX
Originally posted by jaden101
i'll just say goodbye now while i have the chance

What, you think someone is going to banned for asking a question reptetively?

*buzzer sounds*

Nein.

At least direct them to a current, popular thread on the topic...

Word on the street is that Mace beats up Palpatine somehow...

((The_Anomaly))
evil, evil turns him bad, thats how....

PVS
he's been deformed the whole time, masking his appearence

((The_Anomaly))
no, hes not "masking" it....lol, its when he uses the darkside it goes to the grey mangled face. i think it will be progressive through the movie. the more he uses the darkside, the more evil he will look.

Cascador
yeah something like the Hulk...the more angry he is, the bigger he is...
with palp it's basically the same...the more evil he is...the more uglier he is...lol

PVS
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
no, hes not "masking" it....lol,

'lol' huh? this post is going to look pretty funny when may 19th rolls around and im proven right. he is older than dirt and the dark side has kept him alive and shrouded his true appearance.

Cascador
well he is sorta masking it...he will get a lot uglier when he uses the dark side. He masks his face and his Force sensitivity. The first moment he uses it, you'll see him transform like we know him from ep VI..kinda

Jedi Priestess
PVS, will you give up the Sideous is older than dirt theory. It's NOT going to happen pal. laughing out loud

LanİeWindu™
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
PVS, will you give up the Sideous is older than dirt theory. It's NOT going to happen pal. laughing out loud

Actually I happen to agree with PVS on this one...for the most part.

I think he is older than he appears to be.

JKozzy
There could be validity, I think, as well. We'll see when the movie comes out, or the question is officially answered.

jjwil76
tanning on mustafar is my theory.

PVS
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess

pablo says he wasnt 1000 years old.
he didnt say he was at a natural age

Darth Feytal
1000 years old?

Captain REX
I remember for some messed up reason I was working it out after finding Palpatine's birth on some really accurate timeline somewhere...

He was in his 90's by ROTJ, or something.

J.M FcThumbs-Up
Episode1=50
Episode2=60
Episode3=63
Episode4=82(not on screen)
Episode5=85
Episode6=86

Palp's age through the movies (according to the Visual Dictionary to Episode1 on Cd-ROM he's 50 there)...so start counting.

And for the answer to this thread> Start using the search-button!!!!

guiro72
i know....this one's gotten so boring by now....discussed so many times, and never a conclusive answer....i've heard all the theories so many times it's ridiculous....it just goes round in the same tiresome circle, over and over....

it says palpatine's 50....it doesn't say anything about sidious does it?....and i'm not saying they're different people here by the way....

TheElectricFox
OH wait his face changes while reading posts by Darth Feytal

J.M FcThumbs-Up
Originally posted by guiro72
i know....this one's gotten so boring by now....discussed so many times, and never a conclusive answer....i've heard all the theories so many times it's ridiculous....it just goes round in the same tiresome circle, over and over....

it says palpatine's 50....it doesn't say anything about sidious does it?....and i'm not saying they're different people here by the way....

Yeah I perfectly understand, but your saying here that Palpatine could claim he's 50(in Episode1), while his Sidious alter-ego could be 500 or so...COME ON...
That's why this subject never ends...Palpatine/Sidious is NOT 100 or 1000 years or so.
Palpatine had a master, his master had a master and his master had a master...and so on till we get back at the Sith-rule of TWO.
Or else we can get ridiculous in theories here.
Just wait for the new movie.

CLOSE THIS THREAD PLEASE?!?!?! mad wink big grin

guiro72
hmmm.....i won't cry if he's not real old, but i don't see why he couldn't be....it doesn't seem like a silly idea to me....yoda's 900, chewie's 300....palpatine seems like a character who could've been lurking around in the shadows for a damn long time to me....think about it, he's the flipside to yoda....and the sith have been extinct for a millenia....palpatine's master could've been that last sith that mace refers to....patience is palpatine's strength, and a rock solid plan, with no holes, a can't lose situation, because it's so well thought out.....a few hundred years planning fits with all that to me....and look at his face....not saying it's due to age, but the way his face looks, makes it a reasonable idea to say he could be fairly aged.....

anyway, as usual there are no concrete answers to be found here....it's gonna end with "oh well, i guess we'll just have to wait and see".....it can't end any other way, and never has the other 100 times this has been discussed....i just don't think the idea can be dismissed as "silly" that's all....

dwizard
easily explained:

Palpatine is clouding the vision of ever single jedi in the council since episode 1. That is why this whole thing starts. Jedi loose the ability to use the force to see things. So I will be the billionth and one person to answer this obvious question.

"Shoud I advise the council that we have lost the ability to use the force?" Mace says to Yoda.
"No. Multiply our advisaries shall if knowledge of our ability to not use the force is known." answers Yoda.

Obviously they coundnt see right in front of them. Hence the Phantom Menace.

woman_beater69
IT'S BEEN EXPLAINED. PLEASE, NO MORE THREADS ABOUT THIS!

Mace deflects sith lightning into Palpy's face and that causes him to reveal his true self. This is from the official REVENGE OF THE SITH visual dictionary.

Go here.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f38/t330718.html

DCLXVI
CLOSED.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.