Nightcrawler Vs. Batman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

vaya_the_elf
Just like the title said..
Nightcrawler vs. Batman

Who would win?

King Burger
Unless Batman can get a couple of really fast, really good
hits on Nightcrawler, then Nightcrawler just teleports him
a mile up in the air and then lets go.

black wolverine
nightcrawler that foo can fight

grey fox
Take one nightcrawler

add one batman

sprinkle with nightcrawler grabbing hold of bat's head

mix with telportation

and then bake for a few seconds , the perfect recipe for decapitated batman

cherry cola
I don't see nightcrawler being that vicious but i think if he can give a few quick "bamfs" before batman catches on then Batman is down for the count

King Burger
Wow, no Batman fans to defend his honor against Nightcrawler!?

kgkg
afterall batman is only human.

NC is a tricky guy for batman to handle.

Zahit
This is actually a really good fight. Trickier than you think....

1. Nightcrawler would give Batman a world of trouble.
2. Batman would immediately realize he's up against a teleporter.
3. Nightcrawler would have to score a KO very early on or Batman
will eventually nail him.
4. They're equally great acrobats, with Nightcrawler being a bit better.
5. Nightcrawler is not as strong, tough, or good a fighter as Batman.
6. Batman is a lot smarter, more resourceful and is packing weopons.
7. Contrary to what fanboys and Chris Claremont thinks, Nightcrawler
should NOT be able to teleport people's body-parts. His powers are
bio-chemical in nature. He does NOT teleport by molecular dispersal.
Nightcrawler literally steps into another dimension, travels through it,
then comes out the other side. That's why he carries his momentum
with him when he teleports. If he's falling and teleports to the ground,
he will hit the ground with the same velocity he was falling at.
This means that he CANNOT teleport with a "piece" of someone.
That would indicate molecular dispersal. The explanation of his
powers have appeared many times and has never changed.
That is Marvel canon.

pr1983
Originally posted by Zahit
This is actually a really good fight. Trickier than you think....

1. Nightcrawler would give Batman a world of trouble.
2. Batman would immediately realize he's up against a teleporter.
3. Nightcrawler would have to score a KO very early on or Batman
will eventually nail him.
4. They're equally great acrobats, with Nightcrawler being a bit better.
5. Nightcrawler is not as strong, tough, or good a fighter as Batman.
6. Batman is a lot smarter, more resourceful and is packing weopons.
7. Contrary to what fanboys and Chris Claremont thinks, Nightcrawler
should NOT be able to teleport people's body-parts. His powers are
bio-chemical in nature. He does NOT teleport by molecular dispersal.
Nightcrawler literally steps into another dimension, travels through it,
then comes out the other side. That's why he carries his momentum
with him when he teleports. If he's falling and teleports to the ground,
he will hit the ground with the same velocity he was falling at.
This means that he CANNOT teleport with a "piece" of someone.
That would indicate molecular dispersal. The explanation of his
powers have appeared many times and has never changed.
That is Marvel canon.

i agree on the teleport point...

i say batman takes it... kurt is not as ruthless as bruce by any means (even in a fight with everything at stake) and batman could easily figure him out...

9/10 kurt will appear behind him...

and all bats needs even if that doesnt happen is a smoke grenade...

who?-kid
If they just happen to run into each other while doing the groceries and start fighting, there's nothing Batman can do to prevent Kurt from teleporting Batman around.

This will make Batman sick and confused, to say the least.

pr1983
Originally posted by who?-kid
If they just happen to run into each other while doing the groceries and start fighting, there's nothing Batman can do to prevent Kurt from teleporting Batman around.

This will make Batman sick and confused, to say the least.

batman must have about 50 martial arts moves that could hurt kurt when he grabs him... and its not molecular transportation (like star trek), as was said earlier...

who?-kid
Originally posted by pr1983
batman must have about 50 martial arts moves that could hurt kurt when he grabs him... and its not molecular transportation (like star trek), as was said earlier...
Doesn't matter, he still can teleport Batman around a bit, like he has done lots of times. He beat Callisto like that one time, because she couldn't stand the feeling of being teleported.

Few people can stand it. Mystique can. Batman can't.

illadelph12
Even if this is so, being that it is a bio-chemical reaction, he could conciously create just enough of the catalyst to teleport himself and a chosen portion of additional mass when he teleports, thereby being able to teleport a piece rather than a whole.

Just a thought...

Zahit
Originally posted by illadelph12
Even if this is so, being that it is a bio-chemical reaction, he could conciously create just enough of the catalyst to teleport himself and a chosen portion of additional mass when he teleports, thereby being able to teleport a piece rather than a whole.
Just a thought...
nope. that again would imply molecular dispersal. what Nightcrawler
does is "basically" walking through a doorway, then coming back
through that doorway. he's not disappearing. he's "walking" through
a doorway. in 30 years he's only done this twice. kinda like Storm
controling stars once, wolverine healing from the sun once,
wolverine getting shot in the neck and not flinching at all.
these are examples of bad characterization and anyone who's a
real comic book fan can recognize these for what they are.

Draco69
I found it incredibly hard to believe that Wolverine somehow miracuously healed himself after being thrown into the sun. Unless Phoenix was helping him, then that would make more sense.

LordFear
Bats is not by any means going down by NC. NC has so many weaknesses in terms of physical, emotional and mental. Remember the guy is a very religious guy, so he will never fight to his full potential.
Batman won't be so hesitant nor merciful. Experience alone makes this a Bats win!!!!

Draco69
That make sense. Why would a Catholic priest (sorta) teleport off limbs?

Zahit
Originally posted by Draco69
That make sense. Why would a Catholic priest (sorta) teleport off limbs?
because he can't. wink

LordFear
My point exactly.
Gotta think of the character. He will never intentionally harm someone unless he must and even at that he will use the most harmless methods.
Furthermore NC will talk about it or try to negotiate before engaging battle.
That alone makes this fight lopsided.
Bottom line is he doesn't have that killer instinct nor does he want it.

kgkg
Originally posted by LordFear
My point exactly.
Gotta think of the character. He will never intentionally harm someone unless he must and even at that he will use the most harmless methods.
Furthermore NC will talk about it or try to negotiate before engaging battle.
That alone makes this fight lopsided.
Bottom line is he doesn't have that killer instinct nor does he want it.

doesn't it say the Chars are going all out , whatever they can do to win.

There is no mercy in forums.

LMAO

well what's what i though , then LT will not even fight most of the battle posted here.

illadelph12
I don't want to get into an exchange, but that analogy you just utilized perfectly explains how it's possible for Nightcrawler to sever off someones arm or leg. If he only takes a piece of something/someone through his "doorway" and shuts it on them, the dimensional aperture severs the piece brought into the other dimension off from the whole, like someone's arm getting caught in a heavy security door and being severed off when it closes.

kgkg
mebee if it was someone invincible the gate won't close.
(because you can't really rip them easily) so he will have to take the hole body

Say Jugs??? just an idea.

but batman i don't see why not.

Zahit
there is no dimensional apperture.
he "bio-chemically walks through a door." not in the literal sense.
he can't take a piece of something if he can't rip it off himself.
if he can do this regularly, then he can take anything with him.
a helmet, a shield, a hammer......etc.
but he's only done it twice in 30 years of comics.
thas just bad writing chum. bad writing.
anyway, Nightcrawler VS. Batman would be a cool fight.
either could score a win.

illadelph12
"he "bio-chemically walks through a door." not in the literal sense.
he can't take a piece of something if he can't rip it off himself.
if he can do this regularly, then he can take anything with him.
a helmet, a shield, a hammer......etc.
but he's only done it twice in 30 years of comics.
thas just bad writing chum. bad writing."

He's done it more than twice in 30 years. He's teleported integrated weapons (arm cannons), helmets, an arm and a portion of a midsection (which were the instances where Claremont was the writer), and a head (in AoA). If you'd like, I'll find the book numbers.

It doesn't matter though. I won't try to sway you. Believe what you will.

pr1983
Doesn't matter, he still can teleport Batman around a bit, like he has done lots of times. He beat Callisto like that one time, because she couldn't stand the feeling of being teleported.

Few people can stand it. Mystique can. Batman can't.

batman will take him down long before he starts to feel nautious...

who?-kid
batman will take him down long before he starts to feel nautious...
That's impossible, we're talking about split seconds here, one second you're standing there, half a second later NC is bamfing you around like crazy.

Is Batman going to do some karatechops in between the teleporting ?

Next Venom_girl
Nightcrawler.

pr1983
That's impossible, we're talking about split seconds here, one second you're standing there, half a second later NC is bamfing you around like crazy.

Is Batman going to do some karatechops in between the teleporting ?

nightcrawler is not that fast... and this is bruce... he's peak human which is pretty close to kurt... and he's a hell of alot smarter...

who?-kid
nightcrawler is not that fast... and this is bruce... he's peak human which is pretty close to kurt... and he's a hell of alot smarter...
The teleporting thing is as good as instantaneous, that's pretty fast if you ask me.

pr1983
The teleporting thing is as good as instantaneous, that's pretty fast if you ask me.

its fast yes, im not disputing that... but all batman needs is to see one teleport to suss kurt out...

kgkg
even without telepoting NC is quick and more Agile than batman , he can climb walls etc. do multiple air slips , etc

add telepoting to that it's over for batman.

he can run to batman , give him few punches , batman will give him some.

touch him teleport to the sky and drop his ass.

NC is not all about teleporting his has shown that he was other skill that are beyond humans.

LordFear
Even if NC teleports Bats so freakin what???
Bats can't throw a line in mid air and swing to safety, he hasn't done it b4?
Did you just say that NC would run at Bats?
If anything, he would wish that to be the last thing to do to Bats. NC would be dead. This dude can't trade blows with Bats. Hand to hand? PLEASE!!!
You don't think that Bats after realizing what NC can do once, he won't adapt to it? That's how Bats win half of his battles by picking up on his opponents strength and tendencies.

Zahit
Wouldn't teleporting another person around like crazy hurt Kurt as
well as the person he's with?
And if he were holding and teleporting Batman around, what's to keep
Bruce from administering a nerve pinch or hold on Kurt?
There is NO easy win for either character here.

vaya_the_elf
To be honest I think it would be hard to say who would win. Thats why I made this thread because i had no clue out of the two who would win.

Batman is very clever, and has all kinds of gadgets to help him out. Plus he knows how to fight.

Nightcrawler on the other hand has teleportation, and can just move around very fast. Plus he is not to bad of a figher himself. also is also know to be clever.

King Burger
Originally posted by LordFear
Even if NC teleports Bats so freakin what???
Bats can't throw a line in mid air and swing to safety, he hasn't done it b4?
Did you just say that NC would run at Bats?
If anything, he would wish that to be the last thing to do to Bats. NC would be dead. This dude can't trade blows with Bats. Hand to hand? PLEASE!!!
You don't think that Bats after realizing what NC can do once, he won't adapt to it? That's how Bats win half of his battles by picking up on his opponents strength and tendencies.

I'd like to see Batman swing to safety from a mile or two up in
the air. Unless ofcourse he's got a jet-pack hidden in his Utility
Belt?

theflyxx
Simply put, Batman isn't going to allow NC to grab him, hold him, and keep teleporting him until Batman slips into unconsciousness. Batman would find a way to release NC's grip or reverse the hold. Don't forget that teleporting another person would also exhaust NC as well as his passenger.

However, I'd say that NC is too agile and quick for Batman. And that's WITHOUT teleporting. If NC teleports around Batman, he's virtually untouchable unless Batman was able to somehow predict where NC would teleport to.

That's not going to happen so NC wins.

pr1983
Originally posted by theflyxx
Simply put, Batman isn't going to allow NC to grab him, hold him, and keep teleporting him until Batman slips into unconsciousness. Batman would find a way to release NC's grip or reverse the hold. Don't forget that teleporting another person would also exhaust NC as well as his passenger.

However, I'd say that NC is too agile and quick for Batman. And that's WITHOUT teleporting. If NC teleports around Batman, he's virtually untouchable unless Batman was able to somehow predict where NC would teleport to.

That's not going to happen so NC wins.

its not that difficult... its not completely random, batman would figure it out...

jrodslam
its not that difficult... its not completely random, batman would figure it out...

Uhh actually yes it is. NC teleports basically where he wants as long as he has the lange to do it, see's where hes going, or been there before. Unless Bats can read his mind which i doubt, its completely random. Im gonna lean more towards Nightcrawler with this one.

pr1983
Originally posted by jrodslam
Uhh actually yes it is. NC teleports basically where he wants as long as he has the lange to do it, see's where hes going, or been there before. Unless Bats can read his mind which i doubt, its completely random. Im gonna lean more towards Nightcrawler with this one.

its not random, there will be a pattern... nightcrawler teleports where he wants and he's thinking "i'll teleport there then there then there..." there is a pattern, batman will figure it out...

kgkg
its not random, there will be a pattern... nightcrawler teleports where he wants and he's thinking "i'll teleport there then there then there..." there is a pattern, batman will figure it out...

you do realize teleportation is instant, and he can go where he wants.

how about this: He is running to batman , batman prepare for an attack . NC goes to his back , takes him teleports as high as he can and drop his ass.( and don't say he will turn around and do something. his tele is instant and bat doesn't know that , even if he did every hard to stop something that's instant.)
and he will take him so high that he can't swing then he comes down. go backs up above bats gives him a super kick.

pattern lol there is no pattern the fight won't last that long.

pr1983
Originally posted by kgkg
you do realize teleportation is instant, and he can go where he wants.

how about this: He is running to batman , batman prepare for an attack . NC goes to his back , takes him teleports as high as he can and drop his ass.( and don't say he will turn around and do something. his tele is instant and bat doesn't know that , even if he did every hard to stop something that's instant.)
and he will take him so high that he can't swing then he comes down. go backs up above bats gives him a super kick.

pattern lol there is no pattern the fight won't last that long.

nightcrawler's teleprtation is not instantaneous, its close, but there is a one, two second window between his disappearence and re-appearence... enough time for bruce to counter him...

and teleporting behind someone is about as obvious as it gets...

kgkg
how does batman know he teleported???/

and when he will? for all we know he can be hiding in the building , then boom his behind him.

Cosmic Cube
There is no pause between the appearance/reappearance. It is instantaneous. In one comic, Nightcrawler knocks out a crowd of 10 men in less than a second. The last guy is knocked out before the first guy even begins to fall.

The forum rules say all fights are bloodlust. Nightcrawler can't teleport off someone's head? Tell that to Deadpool. Nightcrawler wins by decapitaton.

who?-kid
Do you really think Kurt is going to teleport in front of Batman a few times, so that Batman can take his notebook and start thinking about a pattern ?

Teleporting is instantaneous, like I said in the past, and if it isn't, it's very very close. There's absolutely NO WAY Batman can predict where Kurt - who teleports wherever he wants - will show up.

Batman will need eyes in his back and superhuman reflexes to prevent Kurt from teleporting Batman around.

Nyghtdemon
Tsk, Tsk...

I think these guys wouldn't even fight at all ...
IF they would find each other in a hostile situation facing each other, bats would try to reason with nighty, and Nighty would try to make a believer out of him....

So, I think these guys would go to the pub to speak about both their terrible childhood experiences (parents murdered, being called a demon) over a nice pitcher of beer and pretzels....

Then again... they could fight about the beerbrand, Batman wanting an all american beer and Nightcrawler a nice German one...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.