The Journal of The Whills

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bwill00
I think yoda takes it and Learns how to live after life

i dint press search

Darth Plagueis
Dude, change this quick to The Journal Of The Whills and you may have a cool thread....and you did hit "search" first, right??

tlbauerle
Anyone ever figure out what the Journal of the Whills was supposed to be...was Lucas just trying to create lore and rip off Frank Herbert?

Darth Plagueis
The ORIGINAL novelisation of Star Wars states that it is taken from "The Journal Of The Whills".....and unless we get flamed out or "derp derpad" to death (Hey! I suggested search in my first post...no longer my resp), there are quite a few romors and spoilers from Ep3 involving this topic...

bwill00
The journal of the wills was in the last insider . its somewhat made up,but has to do with how quigon ,yoda,and obiwan figured out how to live after death as ghosts.

QuiGon~"Anakin Anakin ........NNNooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!"
ghostly figures

Darth Plagueis
"supposedly" before Yoda leaves the Jedi temple for the last time, he tells Obi Wan that he must retrieve this journal as it details an ancient Jedi secret of becoming one with the force in order to "survive" after death. I am totally paraphrasing, but this would explain why both Yoda and Obi Wan appear as apparitions in the original trilogy, but countless others do not...

bwill00
Kind of.....QuiGon isnt an apparation but he tells Yoda of the journal and the way to become part of the living force after death. mf.com explains alittle without mentioning the journal but Yoda says to obi wan he has contacted QuiGon

Darth Plagueis
Okay, I had not heard that part, but it makes sense since you hear Qui Gon in Ep2....

Darth Plagueis
I have also heard it rumored that "Whill" is the race of Yoda (and Yaddle).....

tlbauerle
Interesting...

It seems this is an old concept that Lucas is re-using and adding to. That makes me happy...

Maybe it will say something about those freakin' midichlorians...

bwill00
In an Empire of dreams on the bonus dvd, Star Wars was origannaly called the journal of the whills.the journal of the whills is supposed to be the history of the jedi and republic from what i read. and yodas race isnt the whills, they clarified that in insider 80.

bwill00
Whills is simply a history book that has important things in it like learning how to be a spirit. but you have to be very powerful

Darth Plagueis
Ironically, in a similar theme, Palpatine tells Anakin about a sith lord who also had this death defying ability, which in the trailer , Anakin responds with"can you learn this ability" and Palps says "not from a jedi"....and later, at the opera scene, Palps goes into more detail, naming the sith lord who mastered this power (or knew of it, anyway)....5 bucks if (in the next 4 minutes) you can tell me the sith lords name....

bwill00
Your Name

yes he tells him about creating life without sex and how to release your anger

Darth Plagueis
No, my name is Greg....Darth Sidious mentions no Gregs... big grin

bwill00
Darth Plaguies

Darth Plagueis
Sorry, 2:55 is a full 9 minutes past my $5.00 offer! stick out tongue

bwill00
Damn!

bwill00
p

Darth Plagueis
Before retiring, I took the liberty of "searching" this topic, and while there are mentions of The Journal Of The Whills, and even an old thread, they are not relevent to Ep3. Relatively insignificant to some, perhaps, but not redundant. Having somehow allied myself to this thread, I intend to sleep in flame retardant undies! angel

bwill00
in insider it mentions that when obi wan and yoda go back they get the journal

bwill00
Lucas is taking HIS Journal of the Whills and turning it into a book of knowledge passed on by Jedi and Sith from the past, vast knowledge will probably be in these pages. Perhaps someone will discover the journals...and maybe explain alot of things. History of the Sith, other Darths, etc.

Uber_God
what is the journal of whilis?

Padmé Amidala
It was the original story of Star Wars, in the very early drafts. It was also named as The Son of the Sun at one point, but the story was alot different. George Lucas originally considered doing the beginning of Star Wars very different where you wouldve seen a child wookiee crying and its mother coming to comfort it--- and from a self it would pick up "The Journal of the Whills" and open to one of its stories called "Star Wars", and there the story would have begun

Cascador
just for the record...Whills is not Yoda's race...it's been confirmed that we won't find out what species Yoda is in ROTS

bwill00
Originally posted by Cascador
just for the record...Whills is not Yoda's race...it's been confirmed that we won't find out what species Yoda is in ROTS
I mention earlier that its not yodas race and that its the history of star wars

((The_Anomaly))
who confirmed that yoda is not a Whill? cause i've heard otherwiese

((The_Anomaly))
well, "the Whills" have to be something, its a journal of someones, just because in plain english it means that "this is a journal written by the Whills"....

Darth Subjekt
well even if you go to the Databank and look up Yoda, it says species unknown....so someone was misinformed. But i thought that too at one point. Actually, SS has that on his little site.....well he did, i dont know if he still does.....is that where you heard it? confused

DCLXVI

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.