Ebay Users

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Asami
When you look to buy somethign off Ebay, do you ask the seller questions before you buy? Like more specific questions on the condition of the item etc?

I just sold an item stating that it is slightly worn. Many potential buyers emailed me with questions which I replied to. Some asked for more snaps to see the condition of the item. So I did.

Now the person who won the bid didn't bother asking anything, just went for it and is now complaining and theatening to report me to ebay for being "dishonest." He said the item is crap.
I *really" am going to put the discription down as crap.

No, he's just being an idiot, I stated that it is slightly worn due to usage and in fully working condition which it is. If he had any queries why didn't he ask me a question like all the other members?

He's demanding a full refund or enough to cover the "damages" which there is none! If I managed to use it, why can't he, I mean, he's purchasing a USED item so he cannot expect PERFECTION. If I don't give him a refund of some sort he's going to give me a negative feedback. Oooh Scary.
I gave him a positive for paying so quick, I wish I waited til he received it I coulda left a feedback saying"Ungrateful git."

I feel that what he is doing as an EBAY buyer is like using abortion as a contraception.

mechmoggy
At least you were honest in the first instance, the buyer should have read your description more closely. The jackass.

Dogbert
I stopped using eBay becasue this asswipe stiffed me. It was 20 dollars mad
eBay refunded me the 20, but they didn't refund me the Shipping and handling sad

Tex
Dont you dare give him a refund.
He'll leave negative feedback but you can also leave a note along with it.

Say that the condition was that as described and that he is being unreasonable.

ash007
i dont like Ebay i mean with all the secruity risks its had

Asami
Thanks guys for the feedback, makes me feel better, I was so pissed off when I got that idiot's email!

Oswald Kenobi
Funny, I've never had a problem with eBay. I think even their disclaimer says that you must read the item description fully and ask any questions to have even a chance of complaining about what you received. I say screw that guy! smile

silver_tears
I don't use Ebay only because I don't really trust e-commerce much, plus I like the old fashioned mall route cool

The Calvin
Perhaps you could provide us with a link, so we can see the item description?

Asami
Here's the description:
Nokia 8850 with charger, I'm afraid it no longer has the box.
It is in full working condition, slightly worn at the base due to usage. It is unlocked so it can be used on all networks.

Anything else were just specs of the phone.

And here's the pichttp://i1.ebayimg.com/03/i/01/7f/ea/57_1_b.JPG

The Calvin
Well, that picture is dark, and it's hard to see any wear and tear that the phone might have had. What were his complaints specifically?

Asami
He complained about it being scratched and that the logo has come off. I think we can all see quite clearly on there pic that there IS NO logo! I read the ebay Buyer's guide, which said examine the picture carefully and ask the seller any questions.

I received quite a few questions from other buyers and sent them more pictures at their request. But Mr Moron didn't bother with any of that

julibug
That is ridiculous. I've been using ebay for a couple of years now, and had very few problems. Most people are better communicators than that guy. It's the few like him who ruin the experience for some. I agree with Tex. Don't refund him. If he leaves negative feedback - put a comment.

Corran
I had a bad experience with Ebay, I purchased a second-hand phone and it was all scratched with the Logo missing, the vendor is being really awkward about it too, some chick from London.

Baylin
^ Mmm ever the funny Mr Corran! stick out tongue

Report the buyer and give them negative feedback.

I trade on ebay quite a lot and I'm of the mind that the buyer beware. If the discription is blatently wrong then fair enough complain but if not and you just dont like the purchase when received then thats just tough.

Also as with all things in life some people will complain just for the sake of complaining.

(If push comes to shove you've got their address go a round and burn their house down... ninja whistle )

silver_tears
I agree, can I come evil face
But seriously if he didn't bother to ask questions it would be his fault.

Asami
My reply to that idiot!

Hi there.
It is up to you how you would like to leave feedback, I am not issuing
a refund.
I received a few emails regarding the phone from people who wanted to know more, I was more than happy to answer their questions. You might want to check the buyer's guide again:

Learn all you can about the item. Read the item description carefully.
Do you understand all the details about
shipping, insurance, payment options and so on?
***Avoid making assumptions about details that aren't included.***

Check the seller's feedback. From the item page, click on the number in
parentheses after the seller's User ID.
From here you'll see what other buyers have had to say about doing business with the seller.

Ask the seller questions. If you have any questions or are unsure about
any aspect of the item, contact the seller by clicking on their User ID or the "ask seller a question" link on the item-listing page. Common questions include "Do you accept returns?" and "How do you ship the item?"

You can find this information on the checklist for buyers.

You failed to find out more about the item by asking questions. The picture of the phone clearly had no logo. I can assure you the phone is in its original case, that is up to you believe.
As a buyer it is your responsibility to ask more questions before bidding to know exactly what you are bidding for.

It is up to you to report me to ebay, but I do think I have pointed out
the correct things a buyer should do before bidding hence I'm not in fault.

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding, but in future you should ask more questions before bidding, I'm sure all sellers are happy to reply to your queries. Keep in mind that when you're buying a used item, it won't always be 100% perfect.

Regards,

I think I made my point, I checked out the ebay buyer's guide and he didn't follow it, so I reckon he's in the wrong.

silver_tears
Very well put thumb up

yerssot
you're far to niec

Asami
He's lucky I'm not one to go and burn his house down!
AS hostile as he was to me, I'm not going to reply aggressively, a calm mature response would probably piss him off more.

Asami
mad Urgh!!!

Baylin
Something that quite often makes me laugh when I'm watching stuff to get a general idea of how much they go for is when I see that someone has paid more for soemthing second hand than it costs brand new just because they've gotten carried away or not doing their homework properly before bidding. laughing out loud

julibug
Yep, I've seen that too! laughing out loud

Piggle Humsy
I'm a new ebayer and I have bought 6 Items so far and have been really lucky, they have all been good priced and great condition and the sellers have always been very helpful and understanding.
I always read the sellers feedback comments before bidding and make sure I've asked every question I can think of so I know exactly what Im buying before making any purchase.
I think you should definitly not give that guy any money back Asami and wait to see if he gives you negative feedback and respond like Tex said.
When Ive read sellers negative feedback its always some jerk who is in the wrong and it looks very good when the seller responds maturely. yes

Piggle :roll:
x x x x

burlyman
laughing out loud one of my friends actually cons people on ebay with someclever schemes blink he's a right delboy stick out tongue

mechmoggy
Mrs.MM bought my semi-accoustic guitar on ebay; what a find it was too. cool

Corran
confused

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.