Destiny's Way

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Julie
This is the title for the next hard cover NJO book, I thought we'd get a head start on this thread too wink

yerssot
how many NJO books are there?
and what's the link with the other Jedi order series?

Julie
What other Jedi order series......BTW I believe there are going to be around 20 books....but that doesn't enclude e-books and comics about NJO

Volundro Ramm
18 NJO books altogether. What other Jedi Order series?

Julie
I said about 19 because I did a quick count at a NJO site and counted 19......and I don't know what Yerssot was talking about that's why I asked

yerssot
you have that trilogy with Luke ... don't know the name... it's about the Jedi Order too... I can't remember! ARGH!

Volundro Ramm
I have know idea what you're talking about. The reason there was 19 is because they include Recovery by James Luceno which is an E-book. As far as i know there aren't any NJO comics. Though Nom Anor appears in Crimson Empire II.

Julie
The Jedi Academy trilogy?.....that was Luke setting up a New Jedi order....

yerssot
YES! that's the one!

what's the connection between them?

Julie
I haven't read the Jedi Academy trilogy yet, but in that series....Luke is setting up an academy to form a "New Jedi Order"....in the NJO series it is many years later and the New Jedi Order that Luke set up is dealing with a new threat to the galaxy

yerssot
with the same apprentices?

Volundro Ramm
Yep, pretty much the same apprentices, although now some are masters, some are Knights and others are dead(sweet). The Jedi Academy Trilogy is were we are first introduced to Kyp Durron.

Julie
Then, Kyp is just a kid with a lot of force talent and no maturity to control it

yerssot
and ...

Volundro Ramm
Han rescues Kip from slavery on the spice mines of Kessel. Eeeerrrr is that a spoiler?

yerssot
yup

Julie
For some reason, I think I already knew that one, but I don't know why.

LanceWindu
Kyp is around 18 or 19 years old.

The difference between the two series is that originally there were only about 10-15 students and Luke was the master to them all. Now he went to the old way with master and apprentice. Plus there are many, many more Jedi and Jedi adepts.

Julie
So do you think that there will be an excerpt out early for Destiny's way.....remember we couldn't find any excerpt for DJ

LanceWindu
I don't know, I hope they come out with one early. I doubt it though.

Julie
.....Rebel Stand is supposed to come out soon so if they're going to get out an excerpt for that...they got to go soon smile

LanceWindu
They better hurry up about it.

Julie
Yea...well as long as they get out the AOTC books and the toys and eps the movie on time,..... I guess I'll have little cause to complain about an excerpt not coming out for a book I'll buy the first day out wink

LanceWindu
True, what do you need an excerpt for a book that you know you're going to own?

Julie
Something to tide me over until the release....
BTW, Mr. Allston said that the release date for Rebel Stand is May 28th, 2002 smile

LanceWindu
big grin

Julie
I actually won't be able to get the book that day though, b/c I'll be on my sen class trip....so I'll just buy it when I get back wink

LanceWindu
Why don't you buy it online and have them leave it with your parents or something?

Julie
It's more expensive that way, and I'll actually try to go to Wal Mart and get it for about $4.00 instead of $7.50......

LanceWindu
Like I did with RD? wink

Julie
Yes.....if that's what you did....that was smart. Spending less money is always smart wink

LanceWindu
I had my chance to get the book a couple weeks back but I didn't feel like going to the store. So I waited until I was ready and went grocery shopping with my mom while she bought me stuff.

Julie
Ha.....that's nice.....so did she purchase the book too?
eek! I think I tried it once and my mom said...."yea nice try"

LanceWindu
Yeah she bought it for me.

Julie
Nice, my mom offered to buy me Star Wars cereal today, but I'm not really a cereal person so I said it was ok for her not to buy it for me.

LanceWindu
But the cereal is really good.

Julie
big grin I have no doubts about that...maybe I'll have my mom pick some up when she goes grocery shopping, but today I was a bit wrapped up in the books and other "stuff"

LanceWindu
Oh, a friend of mine got the AOTC novel last night.

He's a few hundred pages into it already. And he didn't go out and get it til 2:30 this morning when I was talking to him earlier.

Julie
2:30.....wow....I'm usually asleep then.........
does your friend read fast?

LanceWindu
I don't know, I could ask him. He's online right now.

Julie
Do so.....I know I'm not that fast of a reader, but if I had the time err...and the book I'd finish AOTC right now wink

LanceWindu
Well he said that he is fast enough. He can read 100 pages in an hour

Julie
eek! I'm luck if I can read 50 pages in a hour.....

LanceWindu
Same goes for me...I try to absorb it all.

Julie
ha ..... I'm lucky that tonight I have a lot of time to read wink

LanceWindu
That's good.

Julie
I finished Rogue Squadron and the AOTC novel.......both good.....with the novelization being up to my expectations wink

LanceWindu
BTW I am getting 25 bucks today and I hope to buy the AOTC novel, it all depends on when I get the money though.

Julie
I babysat yesterday and got 25 dollars for my troubles roll eyes (sarcastic) but I spent 6 dollars today at that stupid K-mart mad .....but I did get some very nice stickers for that smile

LanceWindu
Lucky you!

Julie
Well I figured that since I had a whole collection of stickers for EpI I should probably get some for EPII....

LanceWindu
I don't collect stickers. I think they are pretty useless.

Julie
smile probably true, but they are nice to look at...prob not a guy thing though.....I'd say they're "cutesy" wink
I got them b/c I got them for TPM and thought I'd start a collection.

LanceWindu
I used to use stickers to decorate my backpack put they wouldn't stick. So I'd just draw all over it.

Julie
that'll work...I'd put the stickers on my notebooks if there was a bit more time ...but there are only 5 weeks left of actual school work

LanceWindu
Yeah and you don't want to walk around college with stickers on your stuff. They'll call you a freak.

Julie
They'll prob be thinking that anyway smile

LanceWindu
At least it's nice they wouldn't tell you to your face.

Julie
people are generally nice....unless their total jerks
Besides I'm so quiet it'll prob take me months to get to know a few people wink ....

LanceWindu
Longer for me.

So any new news on Destiny's Way yet?

Julie
Not yet....but with the release of Rebel Stand on the 28th there's sure to be some info soon!!!!!!!!!!!....I hope at least

LanceWindu
There will be info, but not necesarrily an excerpt.

Julie
I wonder why they stoped puting up excerpts....I haven't seen or heard of one since Star by Star.... sad

Julie
Here's the cover for this book"
http://www.randomhouse.com/catalog/display.pperl?isbn=0345428501
ohhh here's a better link:
http://www.starwars.com/eu/news/2002/05/news20020510.html

LanceWindu
Or you can just do this:
http://www.starwars.com/eu/news/2002/05/img/destinysway_front_bg.jpg

Julie
roll eyes (sarcastic) if I knew how to do that I probably would have done so stick out tongue .........
Thank you though smile

LanceWindu
When you post a reply or a new topic there's a little button called IMG press that and then put the link for the picture you want in the little window that pops up.

Then you click Submit and there you go.

Julie
ohhh cool...I'll have to try that sometime....thanks.....anyway what do you think of the cover.....

LanceWindu
It looks nice.

Reminds me of the cover for Vector Prime

Julie
hmmm I'm not sure which cover it reminds me of.....I think it is nice, but not as nice as the last few......

LanceWindu
The last few have only showed one or two people on the cover at a time. This one shows a whole battle going on (somewhat)

Julie
I think it's Jacen in the center.....

LanceWindu
Maybe, the haircut matches the one on Traitor.

But who knows.

Julie
I'm talking about the guy in the shodows of what is most likely Coruscant....and Luke is prob the large face in the background. I guess he didn't die on his dangerous mission to Coruscant wink

LanceWindu
Well yeah, that's Luke as the bigger face and then possibly Jacen in shadows.

That's what I was talking about earlier with the whole haircut thing.

Julie
It's an intriguing cover, but there are a few more NJO boks to come out first, and I am very anxious to read them all!!!!!!!!!

LanceWindu
What EU fan isn't?

Julie
I'm sure there are a few lost souls out there who haven't gotten into reading them yet. Esp if they're really into EU video games.

Julie
well it's been awhile since I posted in this thread so it just goes to show how fast time goes....and every minute brings us closer to the release of Destiny's Way!

LanceWindu
Just count for RS first.

Julie
Thanks.....Traitor too...I guess I should read those first, before I start to think of anything else....even if it is NJO wink wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.