Sidious 'disappointed' with Anakin/Vader?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Soda
That star wars databank book sure is great. I like the factbox about Grevious it says he has four arms and then the other fact is that he is secretly humiliated that they brought him back. What a pairing of facts!

Anyway, it also says that Vader wasn't what Palpatine was expecting (I suppose he isn't as agile and cool as Maul), is this actually true though, I mean does it mention this in other sources?

vader519
Yes it is true. When Anakin turn to the dark side, Palpatine was so ahppy to have to choosen onewho was going to bring balance to the force. After Anakin is defeated by Obi-wan and falls into the lava and has to wear the suit. Palpatine was happy that he still has his anger, but Vader would not be as powerful as he was before without the suit.

Darth_Duffy
why would sidious want someone destined to bring balance to the force? he surely wants the dark side to rule!

frank704
Are you referring to the databank from the OS, if not what book are you referring too ?

XX Emperor XX
I don't think so. I mean Sidious got what he wanted Anakin turning to the dark side, destroying the Jedi, and building an empire, now granted Anakin didn't become as powerful as a result of falling in lava, but Sidious should be thanking OB1 because Anakin would have mopped the floor with Sidious if Anakin never fell in lava, GL said himself Anakin would of become 2x as powerful as Sidious if he never became mechanical, and you damn well know Anakin would of wanted to overtake Sidious for complete rule in the galaxy

Cascador
It's also in the visual dictionary...Vader lost a lot of his power when losing lot's of his limbs and injured gravely. Anakin had more power than Vader, if Palpatine learned him to control it the Anakin/Vader without the suit would be much more powerful than the Vader he is in the OT

stefaan
What's the link to that book, especially the part you are reffering to.

Cascador
The links don't work anymore where it is said that Sidious didn't get what he really wanted

This is what is said on the page:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v510/Anakin_501/episode3visualdictionaryvaderd1kopie.jpg

Darth_Nefarus
I think he was dissapointed because he no longer had the perfect apprentice, but was satisfied because he now "knew" that Vader couldn't defeat him.

Morridini
I don't think he is disappointed with Anakins transformation to robot Vader. Anakin was 200% stronger then Sidious, while robot Vader was only 80% as strong as Sidious. So I think he is happy that he now can deal with Vader without trouble (or so he thinks).

Darth Jello
listen to the ROTJ commentary

Darth_Nefarus
fair enough man

jedimastereeves
yo what up dudes im like so like lost wtf? how do u get those pic things at the bottom of ur posts? plz i need to know peace

Obiwalker08
if i was palpy i would be happy with whatever i got....he had maul, maul died...he had dooku, he died...now he finally gets someone who actually didnt die quickly...vaders only fault is his suit. Maul was too overconfident...and dooku was kinda old and overconfident also....plus his plan to take over the galaxy went off almost flawless..if i was palpy the only thing i would worry about would be my face sick

Darth_Nefarus
well, Mech Vader was certainly easier to control, and still able to destroy the remaining Jedi in the galaxy

apocalyptic
So is darth Maul more powerful then darth Vader but not Anakin. Off topic sorry.

Obiwalker08
i would say....no..but it would be alot closer if maul knew his limits and wasnt overconfident

Padmé Amidala
Sidious was disappointed with Vader, in his final form I mean. It was certainly not what he had planned for. But he kept him on side as he was the best that was around---- but as soon as the possibility of Luke becoming his apprentice came along--- He decided that Vader was no longer needed, Palps was the over confindent one there

Obiwalker08
Luke " your overconfidence is your weakness"

Vader *to himself* "yeah buddy, ive been tellin him that for too long"

Morridini
Originally posted by Darth Jello
listen to the ROTJ commentary
Why? What does it say? When in the commentaries?

J-Unit
u Read that the ugly face palpy has is deformed by lightning? that idea is just so stupid, if it is deformed by sith lightning why is he not normal in ROTJ at the beginning?

Darth_Nefarus
it's not just the lightning, it's the darkside itself, it begins to drain his physical form and ruin his body
he's not normal looking in rotj because he has no reason to hide his appearance anymore

stefaan
He gets an overdose i guess, but wouldn't it make a nice sight seeing Mace deflect Force Lightning?'Cause that's what he'll do

Cascador
Originally posted by stefaan
He gets an overdose i guess, but wouldn't it make a nice sight seeing Mace deflect Force Lightning?'Cause that's what he'll do

That is just what the VD says what will happen. It says that his face will deform because of deflection of lightning.

J-Unit
Why Not Look Like Him Instead Of Hidding It Common Its Starwars For God Sake...Whats The Matter With Alien Looks?

stefaan
Yes i know that's what the Visual Dictionary says but for people who don't it would've looked like speculation.

vader519
Yeah, Anakin would have been more powerful than Palpatine, but he did not know that, so he was upset that Anakin would not be as powerful as he thought he would. That is why in ROTJ, Palpatine tries to turn Luke to the dark side, so he could take his father's place.

J-Unit
Thats Not The Only Thing... In Episode V Vader Wants To Turn Luke To The Darkside Because Vader Knows That The Emperor Wants Luke Instead...So In Episode VI Sidious Wants Luke To Kill Vader And Then Take His Fathers Place

Soda
sidious sounds like a pimp or something

yo_yoda
Originally posted by Darth_Nefarus
it's not just the lightning, it's the darkside itself, it begins to drain his physical form and ruin his body
he's not normal looking in rotj because he has no reason to hide his appearance anymore

it was the jedi that caused his appearence change; it says it here!

bilb

jony

bilb
link please? smile

rdn
Originally posted by yo_yoda
it was the jedi that caused his appearence change; it says it here!
It wasn't actually the jedi who caused his appearance to change it was the deflection of the force lighting from mace. After mace is defeated Palps says that he will miss the face of Palpatine but the face of Sideous will serve his purpose. He uses his scarred face to gain sympathy from the senate.

Knowone
Vader wasn't what Palpatine was expecting.......true
Palpatine wasn't planning on getting killed by Vader, to

simond
EDITED

Darth Blender

Darth Blender

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.