Angry Witches

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

debbiejo
Some witches are getting angry because they are portrayed as evil, and ugly. They are so angry, infact, that they have banned together asking the school board to cancel the Halloween celebration...

Do you think they should??

FeceMan
Tell them to STFU. They can piss off--the stereotypical witch should not be changed because a minority of "real" witches get offended by it. Halloween should continue as planned. With unusually ugly witches placed as decorations.

debbiejo
I agree, besides why should halloween be changed because the witches are offended and not be changed for christians who have always been offended, at least many of them.

Adam_PoE
Yes, **** those minorities. In fact, not only should schools allow children to dress as gross mischaracterizations of minority religious groups for Halloween, but they should also allow them to wear black face as well. Why reserve this temperment solely for Wiccans? Schools should allow children to dress as pedophile Catholic priests and serpent handling Evangelical preachers for Halloween too.

debbiejo
^ Are you saying you agree that if somebody is offended, then halloween should be changed for whatever reason??

finti
very well, guess the stereotypical picture of christians can still stand then, that one of christians being boring people.

what offending things for christians is it that havent been changed ?

debbiejo
Many feel that halloween is pagan and evil, and should be done away with.

finti
nobody forces people to celebrate these happenings, like in Norway nobody really gives a flying f*uck about Halloween, they try and try to make it a happening but it doesnt catch on. The comming easter: people(<- read conservative christians) dont like us being at work every day of the easter holiday, they think we should respect the holiday and I tell them to respect our choice to not follow it.

FeceMan
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
Yes, **** those minorities. In fact, not only should schools allow children to dress as gross mischaracterizations of minority religious groups for Halloween, but they should also allow them to wear black face as well. Why reserve this temperment solely for Wiccans? Schools should allow children to dress as pedophile Catholic priests and serpent handling Evangelical preachers for Halloween too.
The pedophile Catholic priest would be an inappropriate costume, and I suppose that one could dress as whatever religious stereotype one wanted.

Two things:

1. If The Wizard of Oz is EVER banned, I'll crap a brick. A brick of rage.
2. What the hell is "allow them to wear black face" mean?

finti
well they wear it to mass so........ but I agree with you on this though

oh wizard of oz is actually on tomorrow gonna record it (DVD recorder) and then Im gonna play it without sound to Pink Floyds Dark Side of the Moon. I never tried that, but they say it is soooooooo cooooooool oh and of course pop a beer or twelve

FeceMan
Originally posted by finti
oh wizard of oz is actually on tomorrow gonna record it (DVD recorder) and then Im gonna play it without sound to Pink Floyds Dark Side of the Moon. I never tried that, but they say it is soooooooo cooooooool oh and of course pop a beer or twelve
It is pretty cool the way it synchs up.

finti
yeah I am really looking forward to it

debbiejo
Let us know when you're back from that trip.....lol

Adam_PoE

FeceMan
Heh, black face...

Ahem. Pedophilia is illegal and the implications of the costume would be unsuitable for children. The "wicked witch" has been associated with Halloween for some time now--why would we change it because a minority group started pissing and moaning about it?

Simple: we wouldn't.

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by FeceMan
Ahem. Pedophilia is illegal and the implications of the costume would be unsuitable for children.

Serial murder is also illegal but children are allowed to wear such costumes for Halloween.

The "wicked witch" has been associated with Halloween for some time now--why would we change it because a minority group started pissing and moaning about it?

Simple: we wouldn't.

Why should we stop wearing black face just because a minority group started pissing and moaning about it?

FeceMan
Serial murder is also illegal but children are allowed to wear such costumes for Halloween.

Why should we stop wearing black face just because a minority group started pissing and moaning about it?
I have never seen a child at a school wear a serial killer costume. Children probably should not be allowed to wear costumes of serial killers to school. Also, serial killers aren't symbolic with Halloween in the way that witches are.

For the second part: we shouldn't, but the ACLU got their panties in a knot about it. And blacks =! witches for any holiday.

Adam_PoE
I have never seen a child at a school wear a serial killer costume. Children probably should not be allowed to wear costumes of serial killers to school. Also, serial killers aren't symbolic with Halloween in the way that witches are.

For the second part: we shouldn't, but the ACLU got their panties in a knot about it. And blacks =! witches for any holiday.

So children should not be allowed to dress as serial killers but they should be allowed to wear black face?

FeceMan
So children should not be allowed to dress as serial killers but they should be allowed to wear black face?
That is a derailment of the entire topic, but I was thinking more along the lines of comedians or actors.

Adam_PoE
That is a derailment of the entire topic, but I was thinking more along the lines of comedians or actors.

When asked, "Why should we stop wearing black face just because a minority group started pissing and moaning about it," you replied, "we shouldn't." Apparently, you believe it is acceptable to wear black face.

Imperial_Samura
I remember watching the Minstrel Show as a kiddie. And the times the Goodies did it as well. But it seems a bit like the whole thing of banning Gollywog Dolls, not because Black people had complained about a child's toy that has been around for a long time, but because white people thought it was inappropriate, Coming from Australia, where Halloween isn't a big thing, I really can't see why it should be banned, it just seems silly. And the witchs in question are worried about being seen as evil and ugly? I wonder how people would view them if they managed to have what is really just a bit of fun banned.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.