He wanted you to have it when you were old enough

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bwill00
I have a theory, mabey when (Ep lll) Vader is on the ground with most of his limbs cut off about to be burnt and obiwan is pleads to him to come back to the good side anakin says its too late for me and throws
obiwan the light sabre and says give it to my son.
Obi wan is shocked to hear about a son.

Cascador
Anakin thinks his son is dead!

Padmé Amidala
Thats true. Obi-Wan is lying when he says that Anakin wanted Luke to have his lightsaber--- it was just a way of getting Luke interested in what he was going to start teaching him

Darth Plagueis
That damn Obi Wan, the more we get to know him, the more of a liar he becomes!!

Obiwalker08
i agree

Padmé Amidala
Well he was an old guy--- he couldnt help it lol All those years stuck in the sands of Tatooine got to him I guess lol

bwill00
it was just an interesting thing i thought up.

mabey he was saying it from "a certain point of veiw"

Padmé Amidala
How original lol

Darth Plagueis
And if you think about it, really, a frikkin lightsaber is the LAST thing Vader wants in Lukes hands!!!

bwill00
i mean in that "certain point of veiw" he was right about vader destroying anakin

Padmé Amidala
Well thats exactly what Obi-Wan says to Luke in ROTJ, he did tell the truth.... From a certain point of view, but also for a certain point of view, he was lying his robes off! lol

bwill00
Yeah.
but anakin didnt kill padme yet obiwan interfiers and shes just hurt badly. He probably knows hes on the brink of death and throw his light sabre to obi wan and mabey says something to the effect of"youll know what to do with it obiwan, its too late for me.

p.s: why is mf.com down it just takes me to starwars .com

Obi-OneManShow
Hey! HEY!! I'm not a liar! I just say whatever the leprechaun tells me to say!

jedijunky1138
Originally posted by bwill00
Yeah.
but anakin didnt kill padme yet obiwan interfiers and shes just hurt badly. He probably knows hes on the brink of death and throw his light sabre to obi wan and mabey says something to the effect of"youll know what to do with it obiwan, its too late for me.

p.s: why is mf.com down it just takes me to starwars .com check your spelling. it takes two n's

Darth Subjekt
if you use your theory, that would mean that Anakin still has a good spot in him, which would cancel out the whole darkside thing......its just a classic OB1 Lie as always.

Darth Plagueis
Maybe Obi Wan has alzheimers by the time of the original trilogy...I mean he starts calling himself Ben (long conversations with yourself will have this affect) and suddenly, "Oh hey, I give up - kill me" seems like a good idea...WTF

TheElectricFox
Have you bothered reading the Most Recent of the Ternian Spoiler reports?? here

"Anakin drops his lightsaber, clawing at the edge of the cliff with his mechanical hand, but his grip becomes too powerful for the lava bank and the edge crumbles, and he slides down onto the black sand.

His severed legs and his severed arm rolls into the lava below him and immediately burns.

Anakin claws at the soft black sand, but his struggling only makes him slip farther. The sand itself is hot; digging his mechanical arm into it burns off his glove, and his robes begin to smolder.

Obi-Wan picks up Anakin's lightsaber. He lifts his own as well and weighs them in his hands. Anakin had based his design upon Obi-Wan's and thus they appear very similar. "

Ben-Kenobi
Trying to take my character huh ya stingy leprechaun , I Was here first *Tackles him off the guys shoulder and beats him up* *Big ass cloud of smoke and clutter cartoon style*

Ben-Kenobi
LMAO, had to post it.

TheElectricFox
?????

Bascially Vader himself was all Obi-wans fault.

Memorable lines blaming Kenobi

Yoda- Way to go kenobi
Yoda- Listen to me, you did not, now screwed we are
Vader- his faliure is complete
Uncle Ben- nice going idiot, you screwed the entire galaxy
Anakin- SEE OBI-WAN Kaboozie, you did call me a poo-poo head!!!

Ben-Kenobi
Picks up anakins saber and chucks it at ElectricFox and uses the force to ingote the blade mad

Not obi-wans fault, anakins fault for thinking he was so much better than the rest, anakins fault for not trusting his feelings, anakins fault for whineing like a 4 year old. and not obeyng his master.

Cascador
hey Obi-Wan did blame himself in ROTJ. No deny in that! It's both their faults...also the Jedi council.

dwizard
Didnt Obi Wan say, "He would have wanted you to have it."

Meaning that he didnt say it outright, but that Obi Wan knew Anikan enough to surmise that Anikan would have wanted Luke to have the lightsaber...

So again its the point of view argument....

Ben-Kenobi
he said

"your father wanted you to have this when you were old enough but your uncle wouldnt allow it"

i can see it now a 5 year old sliceing his teacher in half for not givein him the good crayons.

Cascador
No he said..."your father wanted you to have this when you were old enough but your uncle..."

TheElectricFox
Jeeze Obi-wan i was just joking. Havent you seen the Epsiode 3 Lost Hope joke trailer???

Ben-Kenobi
nope >>

SithSpy
Kaboozie <-----ROTFLMFAO

TheElectricFox
You really need to see it. Try TFN fanfilms.

tachie5
I'm sorry but I cant help believe that we are going to see one last good deed done by Vader. A good thought, a good action or something to show us that there is still good in him. I hope he does give Obi-Wan the lightsaber and wants to give it to his son. Or maybe he says "I would have given this to my son if I hadn't killed him when I forced choked his mother or some crap like that". Remember...As secretive as Lucas is do we actually think that all these so called spoiler reports from all these place are 100% accurate.

Cascador
spoilers keep changing....than you hear, Obi-Wan just walks away after Anakin says he hates him, than you hear that Anakin comes back to his senses but than falls and when he hears he killed his wife he is sold to the dark side.

bilb
Well, this is one line from the OT that has bugged me all along once you see the direction the PT is taking (secrecy about the kids & all). My guess is that this movie will gloss right over this, writing it of as another of Obi's certain point of view things, which sucks actually seeing as how Luke was so impressed that his father had thought about him enough to want him to have his saber. Poor kid, just kept getting duped...

Naredhel
Er, that fan trailer is not all that funny. Two bits (or lines) are funny;

1) the poo poo head/ kaboozie bit
2) "A boobie?"

... that's all. Oh, and nice title... double entendre

carnage04
I don't know how many times that I have said it and others have also glossed over it. Let's face it, Obi-wan had to lie. I mean, the TRUE story if fed to Luke from the begininng would have been waaaaay to disturbing for the wanting to go to the Taschi station little punk we see. He's playing with a toy space craft when on board the MF for christ sakes. This kid is not ready for even 10% of the truth that is his family history. I mean...You father is an evil bastard (Literally) and I tried ti kill him. I screwed it up. Here is some light sabre from some other dead Jedi. I think it might have been your fathers, I forgot. Now come with me so you can go waste him. You see, there was this prophecy, this queen, this Sith Apprentice, This other Sith Apprentice, some clone wars orchestrated that made us look like fools, a bunch of Jedi dying and me cutting off your father's arms and legs. They stuffed him in a suit with an iron lung and now he just runs around killing people, so seriously, don't feel bad about killing him. Just mind your feelings. Oh, you may run into your sister. It's the chick in the hologram. Don't tell anyone about that. In case you blow it, we might need her. After I become one with the force, you can go hang out with some green dude in a swamp. He looks somewhat frog like, but TRUST ME, he is super powerful. Although, he seemingly is not as powerful as the emporer, you see, that is why he is hiding on a swamp! We know YOU will somehow figure out a way to kill them both anyway. You are, after all, a pretty good pilot. Got all of that?"

"YOU KNEW MY FATHER?"

"Ugh, I should have just went with the lying angle like I was originally planning."

Carnage

Cascador
looool, if he told the truth I think he would have told it in a different way but yeah you are right about what you said, that he couldn't handle the truth.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.