Lucas says ROTS will be more emotional

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cal31
Check it out here:http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/news/va/20050317/111111715200.html
They got to see the first 6 min. of the movie as well, why oh why couldn't I be there? sad

JKozzy
Ah well, at least this is more good news yes

Padmé Amidala
Exactly what I want to hear!!! big grin

Cascador
Kenobe????

Padmé Amidala
hahahaaha must be a close relative

JKozzy
Oh, old Ned Kenobe? How'd that leak? nono

Lyn
Nice stuff! Thanks cal31!

Morning_Glory
he compared it as "emotional as Titanic" -- i didnt think that movie was emotional...and I dont think little kids will get that kind of emotion...since seeing that the last 2 movies the majority of the crowd has been around 10 yrs old...erm

I cant wait to see this movie, btw! I will be one of those that goes to see the midnight showing droolio

tlbauerle
Yeah..I could see how it would be as emotional as Titanic...

Hmm...the ship freakin' sinks and we knew Jack died...sorry I couldn't be surprised and emotional over that.

Episode III: Anakin is a naughty, naughty boy...Jedi die and the twins are raised without a mommy...hmmm, can't be surprised and emotional over what we already know.

Batman316
Oh I think even a room full of cigar smoking monkeys sitting at typewriters could manage to make ROTS emotional. After all it is "The End"

tlbauerle
Yeah...that will be emotional for a whole different reason...

bilb
Originally posted by JKozzy
Oh, old Ned Kenobe? How'd that leak? nono

laughing

Morning Glory..LOVE your siggy & av!! Sexah!!

WindDancer
Oh God! Emotional as Titanic?! I really hope not. Titanic utterly sucks. sad

tlbauerle
I would have to disagree that Titanic literally sucked utters, but it was pretty...um, lacking or gay...I can't quite be sure which.

Insomnia
God, I hope the scene where Anakin falls in the lava doesn't resemble that scene in titanic when DiCaprio drowns.

"Don't let me go, Obi" *grip slipping* "...AHHH!"
"LEO!!!" *Blub Blub*

A teardrop slides down Kenobi's cheek as the soundtrack fades to "My heart will go on"

Sith Master X
Titanic is an excellent movie, but I'm sure the emotions in ROTS will differ alot. Lucas is making a comparison of course, though it doesn't mean the emotions will be brought out in the same way, it's to show the elements are there, such as they were in Titanic.

smoker4
And titanic had titties in ithttp://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/droolio.gif

Insomnia
Originally posted by smoker4
And titanic had titties in ithttp://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/droolio.gif

Maybe Anakin finally reveals his artistic side...

LandoSpeeder2
I never saw Titanic.

guiro72
for some reason i find that shot of padme sobbing upsetting, and i haven't been a big fan of portman in these films so far.....but even so.....(wipes away tear).....

EHmasterJedi
I DO NOT like the sound of this at all, I watched AOTC and got my fill of Anakin's dumb ass crying, im going to watch a action movie, you know STAR WARS!!!!!, im not at all interested in a soap opera lucas can save that for his failure movie he wants to make.

At the bottum of that artical it said that ("the prequils havent had much success but then again there hasent been much romance in them ethier"wink WHAT THE F*** if theres a reason E2 sucked it was because of to much romance not enough STAR WARS anybody remember that movie, it came out about 30 years ago what happened to that, I was starting to get pumped but now im beginning to lose confedence again sad

cal31
Where the hell does he say romance? He said emotional, not romance, don't categorize those two things as one because they are far from the same. And hell yes it's going to be emotional, just look at Obi Wan's line, " You Were the Chosen One!" from the trailer. That alone should tell you that EP III will be much more emotional than the prequels. Same as ESB, it was the most emotional out of all the OT, wasn't a bad thing now was it?

EHmasterJedi
Dont walk into that movie theater thinking your going to get the same feeling the trailer gave i learned that from AOTC, And also where does it it say romance do you ask O i dont know how about TITANIC! The only tear jerkin im doing is my own self pritty for loving these movies so much but it possibly being all in vain. Emotional tends to go hand in hand with romance so you know i m not to excited mad O and another thing i wouldnt even bring OT into this because those arent even in the same planet as the PT Han and Leia fell in love during ESB and you never ever saw them just sitting on there butt staring at each other doing NOTHING

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v416/EHmasterJedi/bore.jpg

Cascador
it's a big difference yes

Anakin gives this Poetic melodramatic love confession it it takes quite a few mintues away...in ESB it happened in second

I love you...I know...just simple as that.

cal31
Originally posted by EHmasterJedi
Dont walk into that movie theater thinking your going to get the same feeling the trailer gave i learned that from AOTC, And also where does it it say romance do you ask O i dont know how about TITANIC! The only tear jerkin im doing is my own self pritty for loving these movies so much but it possibly being all in vain. Emotional tends to go hand in hand with romance so you know i m not to excited mad O and another thing i wouldnt even bring OT into this because those arent even in the same planet as the PT Han and Leia fell in love during ESB and you never ever saw them just sitting on there butt staring at each other doing NOTHING

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v416/EHmasterJedi/bore.jpg

And you do realize, atleast I'd hope you would of if you're going to make a strong point, that all of those things you pointed out were from Yahoo.com, the same people who spelt Kenobi wrong. So now you're taking Yahoo.com's word over George Lucas on his own movie, nice.

EHmasterJedi
Thats why everything is just a COULD be, or Sounds like in my points, but yahoo seems to have much more sources we've got and with what Lucas had said it seems to point to this, and being theres already been one (AOTC) which you could barely tell was a Star Wars except for lightsabers and space ships, Im just REAL worried that it won't be everything everyone is HOPING it to be. And all those points are just making it worse. O and I didnt mean any offense to anyone here im just upset that the grand finaly everyones been waiting for for 25 years will be a flop.

Stunrun
"Lucas says ROTS will be more emotional"

lol, i wouldnt even bother to see the movie if it never had any emotional content

LandoSpeeder2
Quite grippin EH.

Stunrun
Thats why everything is just a COULD be, or Sounds like in my points, but yahoo seems to have much more sources we've got and with what Lucas had said it seems to point to this, and being theres already been one (AOTC) which you could barely tell was a Star Wars except for lightsabers and space ships, Im just REAL worried that it won't be everything everyone is HOPING it to be. And all those points are just making it worse. O and I didnt mean any offense to anyone here im just upset that the grand finaly everyones been waiting for for 25 years will be a flop.

WHO SAID ITS GONNA BE A FLOP???roll eyes (sarcastic)

Stunrun
I DO NOT like the sound of this at all, I watched AOTC and got my fill of Anakin's dumb ass crying, im going to watch a action movie, you know STAR WARS!!!!!, im not at all interested in a soap opera lucas can save that for his failure movie he wants to make.

At the bottum of that artical it said that ("the prequils havent had much success but then again there hasent been much romance in them ethier"wink WHAT THE F*** if theres a reason E2 sucked it was because of to much romance not enough STAR WARS anybody remember that movie, it came out about 30 years ago what happened to that, I was starting to get pumped but now im beginning to lose confedence again sad

if youve EVER seen the originals, you would ( or should ) know that the success wasnt achieved JUST through big space battles and explosions. I mean, Star Wars become huge mainly because of its groundbreaking special effects, but Star Wars is not 100% action, overwise it would be, lets face it, utterly CRAP, and mindless - a bit like some Arnold Swartzeneggar movies, but those movies served there purpose. Those movies were supposed to be about big guns, big explosions and car chases, so if you think for one moment that Star Wars is anything like that, then your GRAVELY mistaken my friend. Empire wouldnt be Empire, if it wasnt for the huge twist/i am your father line. Jedi ( in my opinion ) wouldnt be Jedi if it werent for the emotional battle going on in Anakin's mind, to return to the lightside to save his son.

Emotion is a reoccuring theme throughout the entire Star Wars saga. Crying is not "dumb ass". Anakin goes through a tough emotional ride which all started with his departure from his mother, his frustration for being held back, and then his mother dying in his arms. How would you deal with those issues????? crying wouldnt be so "dumb ass" then, would it??

Star Wars wouldnt be Star Wars without the big effects, and neither would it be the same if werent for the fall of Anakin Skywalker, and his rise to Darth Vader -which, by the way, needs EMOTION! otherwise it simply wouldnt work

Stunrun
Star Wars has a human side, with issues we can all relate to, dont forget that!

cal31
Originally posted by Stunrun
if youve EVER seen the originals, you would ( or should ) know that the success wasnt achieved JUST through big space battles and explosions. I mean, Star Wars become huge mainly because of its groundbreaking special effects, but Star Wars is not 100% action, overwise it would be, lets face it, utterly CRAP, and mindless - a bit like some Arnold Swartzeneggar movies, but those movies served there purpose. Those movies were supposed to be about big guns, big explosions and car chases, so if you think for one moment that Star Wars is anything like that, then your GRAVELY mistaken my friend. Empire wouldnt be Empire, if it wasnt for the huge twist/i am your father line. Jedi ( in my opinion ) wouldnt be Jedi if it werent for the emotional battle going on in Anakin's mind, to return to the lightside to save his son.

Emotion is a reoccuring theme throughout the entire Star Wars saga. Crying is not "dumb ass". Anakin goes through a tough emotional ride which all started with his departure from his mother, his frustration for being held back, and then his mother dying in his arms. How would you deal with those issues????? crying wouldnt be so "dumb ass" then, would it??

Star Wars wouldnt be Star Wars without the big effects, and neither would it be the same if werent for the fall of Anakin Skywalker, and his rise to Darth Vader -which, by the way, needs EMOTION! otherwise it simply wouldnt work Yup, let's see there was one lightsaber battle that lasted for about 2 mins. in ANH, that was pathetic compared to the prequels. But what made it so good was the emotional importance of it. Action is far from what made the OT good, in fact most critics rated the prequels bad because they didn't have the emotion that the OT, and were just action thrown in for no reason.

EHmasterJedi
Im not putting down Emotion or trying to say that there should be action all the time, we need story and we need emotion BUT it does need a good balance, ANH is my favorite Star Wars movie mainly because somethings always happening and i do like the saber duel mainly for what it stands for, i like to see a story unfold visualy not by Anakin and Padime talking about it, it gets old and slows the movie down as it did in AOTC, ESB was a great movie and it probably has the 2nd best duel of all time in it BUT if there was somthing that was slow in that movie it would've been all that time Luke spent with Yoda, But as you said the feeling of it, acting quality, and the meaning was so great it basically out weighed it. Out of the three OT ESB is probably the one i fast foward through the most there all great, but that one was probably the slower of the 3.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.