Venom vs. Spawn

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jason420
what do you guys think I think maybe SPawn could take him oh and SuperNova dont make a huge case out of this. You dont know everything

wolverine8888
i going with venom

norrin radd
i choose spawn, he can use fire against venom, and other things.

Spawnie
I don't know how Spawn reacts to another simbiote like that, but I think he would be confused at first. Venom would pound his ass one round then the second would be Spawn's. It wouldn't be easy for Spawn to catch Venom that easy, but in the end if he would use his powers to blast him I don't know if Venom could take it.

Viper
Spawn would take it

SuperNova
Hey, Jason420... Your right... I dont know eveyrthing... At least about non-symbiotes.
AND THE FIRST THING I KNOW IS, Symbiotes react off each other, regardless if there from space, or hell.
You see, A symbiote is basically a costume, a vehicle without a driver, though it can operate on its own without a human-being inside, it would be weaker that way. The two symbiotes, however, would not be weak together, Thats where they wouldnt fight. Venom would attempt to break free of itself, and so would Spawn, theyre sybmiotes would each attempt to kill the wearer in order to combine, because two symbiotes together, act as one super symbiote, not needing a driver, like the weaker alone symbiote.
So, first of all they wouldnt fight. And if they did, I can tell you right now venom would win, why? Because...
Spawn lacks experience, Venom has been around since the 80's, spawn has been around since the late 90's. Venom has many abilites, that spawn does not.
For example, Webslinging, this would make him far more agile over spawn, And also his spider-sense, do not forget that, I doubt spawn would even be able to hit Venom because of his spider-sense aspect.
Venom would win this, not easily however, but he would, They are both powerful, and have many abilities, but spawn, in the end, would wind up web-slung to the inside of a bell like spiderman, and the bell ball would go, and it would slam his head, and kill him.

Anyways, this battle wouldnt even happen in the first place, so, There ya go Jason.
"Dont start a big thing about this, you dont know everything" I dont recall saying I did...

Jason420
there you go makin a huge case out of it just be quiet people are still recovering from your lack of an education

Jason420
no hes been around since 1992 thats the early 90's jackass

Jason420
and so what if it would never happen im pretty sure venom and catwoman wouldnt happen either your ****in stupid

Linkalicious
Wow Jason...way to show the maturity of an 8 year old.

This fights a toughie, it could easily go either way, but i'll go with Venom for the reasons mentioned above by SuperNova.

tintedoils
well the way i see it i go the spawn ive always seen spawns suite as the direction mcfarlane would have liked to take venoms symbiote, hell theyre both created by the same guy, however spawn is a more powerful being whilst venom lacks finesse and mental stability nopt that i dont like venom but this be my knowledge

Jason420
^thank you

SuperNova
Uhmmm... Jason420... You have a little bit of a problem... you posted three times in a row saying nothing but bad stuff about me... Venom and catwoman? What the hell are you talking about?
I dont understand your logic... its like... you ignore all the people on this site who really know who theyre talking about... if it gets in the way of what YOU think is right...

SuperNova
And what are you talking about be quiet being people are recovering from my lack of education... Becuase I said 1992 is the late 90s? It is, To me at least. any year past 90, is the late 90s, Hypothetically.
How are people recovering from my lack of education? You dont use logic to overcome people, Jason, You use cussing and madness.
Im sorry... even Carnage could defeat Spawn, hes not well known, and Todd likes Venom more, Even go to www.marveldirectory.com

SuperNova
And plus, what I said earlier about this fight not even happening, shows more your ignorance of spawn, and his symbiote. Because you didnt know symbiotes combine, YOU DIDNT, so ive proven I do know everything... abotu symbiotes.
Like how I made 3 posts to?

Jason420
I even said you know a lot about symbiotes and Venom but who cares if the wouldnt meet and I dont care who Todd likes better even though he is my fav artist

SuperNova
Ok, Thats fine, But dont explode on me when I state something, like you did.

Jason420
ok your right im sorry

Jason420
is ur fav artist MacFarlane?

Irish Wolverine
What do you mean "even Carnage"? I was under the impression that Carnage was more powerful thatn Venom

wolverine8888
ya i pritty sure carnage is lieka super venom but I could be rong

FrothByte
well if ever the two do fight, i think venom will be totally outmatched. i mean, spawn can literally make anything if he has enough imagination and concentration. so venom could websling, spawn could use his chains to websling(chainsling) if he wanted to. your pitting venom up against the person who defeated malebolgia.

tintedoils
well venom doesnt kill innocents so that hold him back whilst carnage kills what he can find and has the ability to manifest weapons from his symbiote, but still i have to go with spawn, say for example venom decided to do his usual and eat spawns lungs heart or other main organs, or say stab simmons in the head, dont matter, spawn has survived all of these and more however with venom and carnage their power comes from their suites, disable them with fire sound or just a health beating and you are left with a vulnerable human

nuff said

Spawnie
No, no no, U guys r not listening to SuperNova, that is why I said I don't know how Spawn's symbiote would react to Venom. It doesn't matter if Spawn can do whatever he immagines, the problem lies in the symbiote. Spawn uses the powers of the symbiote so he doesn't have to use his own reserves. SuperNova was right about Spawn having less experience, indeed he sometimes looks like a real dumbass against some adversaries. I don't know if SuperNova read an issues of Spawn when he had to battle hords of Vampires, I'm mentioning this cuz of their speed and agility. Spawn never battled anyone like Venom, that is his problem, cuz usually if he loses one round in the second he surely is the winner. But this is different, the 2 symbiotes would try to combine when they would be close enough. I don't know if Spawn would be able to stop the merger. Spawn doesn't have too many problems in defeating big and strong enemies, he has problems with the small and fast ones.
I voted for Spawn just cuz I love the guy, I didn't know all the facts, now I can surely say that Spawn might loose this one and be left without his symbiote.

Irish Wolverine
How defined are Spawn's powers? Because they seem to be whatever he can think of, which makes it hard to accurately judge who he could or could not beat. Sort of like Dr. Strange, he can pretty much pull whatever he wants out, you know what I mean?

Spawnie
His symbiote will mostly do anything that he immagines. He can become another man or become a part of a wall. All depends on Spawn's mental stability and concentration. He is still a soldier and mostly he thinks that way still. He is still learning about his powers, but he really doesn't have time for himself so he does it by instinct. He is constantly pressured by heaven and hell, the poor guy sometimes doesn't know what is real anymore.

Never
Spawn destroys Venom. His powers are only limited by his current "level" and his imagination.

Venom is so overrated and corny it is ridiculous.

Spiderman pooped into the toilet and Venom was born.

Jason420
hahahaha thats funny

tintedoils
oh now thats nasty

VENOMfan
ah ridiculousness in all its glory, I dont see how Venom is overrated....perhaps corny, but crimmeny there arnt to many villians who arnt. thats why there villians lack of somthing the hero has drives them to pursue there foes demise. his first appereance will be one the the coolest story lines in the spiderman saga ever. just look at the total sales of the paper back editions. but I cant describe my resentment of all these Venom vs threads. one would be fine, especially if it was in the spiderman franchise. I have only visited KMC twice and posted once((this post)) during my vacation but I could not belive how many vs threads with Venom there were. I mean can we stop the unfair matches?

Venom vs Wolverine was one of the few level headed threads were Venom could have succeded. but how well did that thread do? poorly.
how do we remedy this? by making a Venom vs JLA thread!((sarcasm))

Spawn could destroy Venom if he wanted. Spawn is almost a god. he can do anything, make spooky chains or ballon animals outa cheese if he so desired. Spawn wins. popularity is differnt every one has differnt traits they like.

((non-corny villians))
Dr. Doom, dude has a style no one can downplay.
Green Goblin,not the movie one. he was the nuttiest villain i had ever seen.
the Lizard, every aspect of the Lizard/Connors always made for a great read.((Torment was a little odd....))
Venom corny maybe. but I garuntee you post ANY character and somebody out there hates them for one reason or another

Spawnie
Again your banner looks awsome big grin

Kain Phoenix
what a fight here. i think this wolud be a gruesome matchup.
IMO -spawn the victor, and i'll tell u why

both eddie brock and al simmons r hosts to there strange parasite 'symbiotes' but spawn has alot more fire power at his dissposal from basic energy blasts to teleportation, mystics spells regeneration.
and both the readers and simmons do not even know the full extent of his powers.

unfortuantely these powers have limits as to how much he exerts runs down each time making him always 'rationing' his powers
fortunately he has his chains that wold keep vemom at bay or even ensnare him.
his cape is a huge factor which can protect him from a variety of attacks.

venom probably is pond for pound a stronger fighter but strength is not a path to victory everytime.
lets not forget al simmons was a covert in the military so hee knows all about battles, strategems and tactics.

he'd own vemom.
game
set
match

Havoc470
yeah, i think spawn would win here...mostly because its hard to cut off his little head and other than doing that he's immortal

in the maevel knights spiderman he's selling the symbiote to the highest bidder, which i think is a pretty cool storyline

Kain Phoenix
i didn't know that da dude was immortal.

Havoc470
he's a spawn from hell, he's already dead so he's basically immortal...save for them cutting off his head, but i dont know if the recent spawn still goes by that

Linkalicious
I think Venom would get the drop on him, probably land a couple of blows early while Spawn was sort of "underestimating" him...but then Spawn would step it up a notch and kick the living crap out of Venom...

Havoc470
yeah i guess, i mean once you fight violator or angela venom should be a walk in the park

Ponem
Spawn isnt a symbiot, what gave ya that idea? /me sighs.
At this current moment in time, there is NOlimit to his powers, at all. No rationing yadayadayada. He doesnt even need his chains to back off venom....

Cant really mess around with the King Of hell without some kind of gruesome power, which Venom, by a long-shot, does not have.

What world are you from? Spawn weighs 400 Pounds, and he uses his body weight at his full dissposal, meaning he can dich out punches that will, trust me, knock Venom senseless.
Venom has absolutely nothing that can even remotely harm Spawn, let alone kill him.....
Spawn is, without a doubt, physically stronger then venom. he'll stomp him without his powers if he has to, Spawn stomps demons on a regulare basis with his fists...There isnt any reason at why anyone would even consider venom.

What a silly poll, do you hate Venom and just want to see him obliterated?

Spawn would Destroy him, then go have breakfast.

Ultimatespider
Over the rooftops of Manhattan... Posiabbly the 2 most deadliest charecters in comic -book history meet for the ultimate fight to the death. 2 begin the fight but only 1 will emgerge alive.

Venom versus Spawn!!! LET THE BATTLE COMMENCE

Ultimatespider
Some custom art i did on the computer.

norrin radd
Spawn all the way

MatchesMalone
Yea, spawn, easily

FeceMan
Venom rocks, but, unfortunately, Spawn wins this round.

shaber
Bring in the clowns clap

Linkalicious
Venom takes an early lead using his speed, agility, and spider-like abilities.

Spawn catches on quick, and takes Venom out.

Paola
Ultimatespider: use the search button BEFORE you open a new thread.

Mider
Do any of you know how many volumes of spawn there are? Oh and spawn would win, i mean he has even beaten his former master so why are you even fighting about this?

Mider
This is rediculous Spawn doesnt have a symbiot its living armor it is directly attached to his him it cant be removed if it is he will die, the Venom symbiot can be removed with sufficant noise. Venom cant even beat spiderman for crying out loud your comparing him with someone who has beaten his former master? I like Venom too but he'd lose in my opinion

wrathofachilles
I imagine Spawn would win this, but Venom HAS beaten Spider-Man. Spidey usually only survives by outsmarting Venom and running away.

Havoc470
spawn definitely wins this one

The Batman 24
spawn cant beat the blue symbiote known as venom

Linkalicious
why can't he?

and it's supposed to be a black symbiote. They only use blues, grays, and other colors to show mid-tones and high lights...

The Batman 24
Then again venom would have to cut off spawns head to acualy kill him but venom still could throw thing at him plus liquify

Havoc470
venom could liquify but what can he do while liquified?

cutting off spawns head is almost impossible to do, he's let enemies think they cut off his head but it was just an illusionary technique, his magic is definitely enough to kill venom, and his cape is basically like a symbiote, spawn definitely wins this one, venom cant do anything against him

does anyone know of a site with a spawn biography, at least info on his powers? i cant seem to find any for reference

jinzin
k first off venom has beaten spiderman on multiple (and I stress multiple) occasions, so that's not even a question.
as far as the fight Spawn is nowhere close to the raw physical strength that venom has. yeah he's hella strong but I don't think he's gonna be hitting venom with punches that are gonna "knock him senseless" that's ridiculous, supes couldn't do it, juggs couldn't do it, and Hulk couldn't do it, how the hell is spawn going to? Spawns chains are formidable but his chains can be broken, shattered, (venom tears apart tanks, chains are nothing to him) If someone's getting "tangled up" first it's spawn venom has his sybiote AND webbing to use. With a spider sense and agility that's slightly better than Spiderman I don't think spawn's going to able to hit him with ectoplasm that easily. Venom does have experience on spawn but spawn IS a straight up badass so I don't think that would be that much of a factor in this fight. So my opinion is this, If venom fights smart, and uses everything he has in his arsenal spawns going down, but the problem is thus, venom gets cocky and overconfident, If he's truley pissed he can take tons more punishent than he is supposed to and come out swinging, but that rarely happens. Instead, venom gets cocky and walks head on into fights like a brawler instead of bouncin around like Spidey, so spawn should be able to take him out but not easily, spawns had trouble with mere military guys, and he got beat up by batman. on average though he probably wins this fight.

Havoc470
i dont think you know much about spawn, he has enhanced strength and fought someone stronger than venom named cy-gor, his chains cant be broken since they're not just normal chains he picked up on earth, it came with the body which means it came from hell, spawns magical attacks arent only bolts of ectoplasm, but he has had it on his chest (as armor) and on his hands for attacking purposes

on the image version of spawn/batman batman won, but in the dc version spawn won, thats a crossover and holds no weight whatsoever, had a problem with military guys......since when? do you mean angela or cy-gor, maybe you mean redeemer or violator or malebolgia the very demon that gave him the powers in the first place....venom is definitely out-classed here

uQifg2WV
As much as i might go gay for Venom, Spawn can destroy an ally way with a bead of energy. Definately Spawn.

Cosmo Kramer
I would hope Venom but hes not as powerful as everyone thinks.

Mider
Where and when and maybe how does SPAWN get his heavenly powers.

ayjay
heeey....wat u rekon would happen if venom merged with spawn? COULD it happen? like would spawns 'armour' reject venom or embrace it? iono....kinda sraying from da original thread but ah well...it would be interesting...

Havoc470
spawn doesnt have heavenly powers, he's from hell

spawn would definitely reject the symbiote, i mean theres no fact saying he wont, but the way i've seen spawn work i think the symbiote would be rejected and al simmons definitely woulnt want it

wrathofachilles
Actually Venom isn't quite as agile as Spider-Man and his danger sense is not as good either. I don't know enough about Spawn anymore, I haven't paid attention to him since the early 90s when he was first introduced, but this would still be a good battle, even if Spawn is too powerful.

Havoc470
yeah it would be a cool battle, but i think spawn would ultimately end up winning

jinzin
yes he is.

C1nd3r
Spawn is a symbiote? The hell? Since when? Im really asking, cuz i don't read spawn comics even though hes cool and all. However I've seen the animated shows which were gold.

Arachnoidfreak
You don't read the comics, I can tell. Spawn only had hell powers, until he killed Malebogia and took a trip to heaven. There he got powers from heaven. When he was back on earth, he realized that it's not earth who needs heaven and hell, but heave and hell who need earth. After his "death" at the hands of a demon god, the earth rejuvenated him. At the end of all of this, he had powers from hell heaven and earth.

There's no way that Venom stands even the slightest chance.

K3VIL
jinzin, you wrote some wrong things.
Venom Powers:

Class 11/12 Tons strenght
Superhuman resistence to injury, superhuman reflexes and agility, but not at Spider-Man level, and he can use the simbiot for throwing webs or block enemies or protect himself, like he did during the battle with the Sin-Eater, he creates a shield on his hand to protect from himself from the bullets fired by the SWAT.

But on the other side guys there are

Spawn Powers:

I've read a few Spawn comics, but i can assume he's in Class 100 strenght or more
Superhuman resistance to injury, reflexes, agility, stamina and durability, and finally is demonic/angelic/earth protector powers.
Look at the reality, we are talking about a guy that possess sufficient powers to put down Superman or Thor, and you think that Venom can stand a chance against him?

And jinzin you're wrong about Venom lifting tanks, if u r talking about small military veichles like jeep or mini-tank ok but a military standard dimension tank is about 40 tons of weight, out of Venom's strenght limit.

Anyway Spawn wins in a few seconds.

jinzin
meh, Venom could lift an entire farris wheel with his symbiote barely even covering/helping him, you don't think he can lift a tank.
Spawn has alot of raw physical strength but class 100? I don't know man, I'm not saying your absolutely wrong I just think that's a pretty big assumption. and Venom does have as much agility as spidey, he just doesn't use it cause it doesn''t suite his fighting style (brawler) The Costume gave eddie brock all the powers of spiderman amplified I don't see what's so hard to understand about that. Yeah spawns probably gonna win this fight, but honestly, he won't take it in a few seconds that's ridiculous and superman and thor would rape spawn, there's no way spawn's putting down someone like darkseid.

Arachnoidfreak
No, Spawn can more than hold his own against Superman or Thor. Or Darkseid.

I don't think you understand Spawn's powers. The only limit Todd McFarlane(the creator of Spawn, and incedentaly, also the creator of Venom) gave spawn was "Al Simmons' imagination". Spawn can literally do anything he wants while he still has the resovior of power. He teleports, fires plasma, travels between dimensions, anything. Not to mention his cape, which can transform itself into just about any weapon or camoflauge he needs it to. And there are his chains, which cause massive damage.

Venom doesn't have a chance of living past 5 minutes.

Kontraz
i wouldnt go as far as to say spawn could hold his own against supes and thor.... but thats not the arguement. The point is, venom goes down... by means of serious hell burnage!

jinzin
agreed kontraz

uQifg2WV
Yes, but I still might go gay for Venom.

jinzin
well......that's.....nice?

Aurion
Who'd win

shadow177a17
Spawn is way powerful then venom and outclasses venom as warrior because of his millitary training. Yeah did anyone seen the series where Caligastro/Merlin explained that the creatures of the night replenish spawn. it was on the show when that happened when the creatures in the night in the graveyard in the grave he dugg up he absorbed the bugs in the ground to heal him.

BENITO
SPAWN so wins

theflyxx
The hellspawn wins.

No contest.

Milkie
Originally posted by SuperNova
Hey, Jason420... Your right... I dont know eveyrthing... At least about non-symbiotes.
AND THE FIRST THING I KNOW IS, Symbiotes react off each other, regardless if there from space, or hell.
You see, A symbiote is basically a costume, a vehicle without a driver, though it can operate on its own without a human-being inside, it would be weaker that way. The two symbiotes, however, would not be weak together, Thats where they wouldnt fight. Venom would attempt to break free of itself, and so would Spawn, theyre sybmiotes would each attempt to kill the wearer in order to combine, because two symbiotes together, act as one super symbiote, not needing a driver, like the weaker alone symbiote.
So, first of all they wouldnt fight. And if they did, I can tell you right now venom would win, why? Because...
Spawn lacks experience, Venom has been around since the 80's, spawn has been around since the late 90's. Venom has many abilites, that spawn does not.
For example, Webslinging, this would make him far more agile over spawn, And also his spider-sense, do not forget that, I doubt spawn would even be able to hit Venom because of his spider-sense aspect.
Venom would win this, not easily however, but he would, They are both powerful, and have many abilities, but spawn, in the end, would wind up web-slung to the inside of a bell like spiderman, and the bell ball would go, and it would slam his head, and kill him.

Anyways, this battle wouldnt even happen in the first place, so, There ya go Jason.
"Dont start a big thing about this, you dont know everything" I dont recall saying I did...

You pulled two hand-fulls of crap out of your ass saying that

Jvenom
I love Venom but spawn is almost a god. There are so many ways he could kill Venom in a matter of minutes. Only hope Venom would have is for the symbiote to take control of Spawn. I don't even know if that would work since Spawn already has a symbiote even though Marvel says the costume can take control of any being.

Crease
You know, I saw the title of this thread and instantly thought spite. But a few of you guys actually believe venom has a chance? You'd have to go back to issue #10 or more for Venom to live longer than a few seconds. And yes, Spawn can hang with Supes and Thor.

FG725
Spawn would kill Supes and thor first age spawn might be supermans equal Venom dies

outarddwarf
venom=pwned nuff said...

spideycarnage
wtf, this thread is ridiculous.

Milkie
Yeah pretty much

back in 04 most of these members were like noobs

samishe
OK, everyone agree that Venom loses, so let this thread die already.

sexyking
spawns a badass

Rick/Genis
this is kindof a lopsided fight erm

Milkie
Yeah

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.