BTH #74: Regional Governor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

prod_
Subverting the role of the Senate, Chancellor Palpatine begins installing Regional Governors -- like Tarkin (Wayne Pygram) to oversee the Republic territories. (Photo by Keith Hamshere)

It is up...someone mind posting???

I guess I came back at the right time wink

ALTERED VERSION:

http://s112352282.onlinehome.us/74.jpg

LandoSpeeder2
Sound cool.

mandalorian_war
tarkin sweet

mandalorian_war
i think its a picture we have seen before

LandoSpeeder2
http://img162.exs.cx/img162/9577/io0eb.jpg

dafettmanrox
I need to see full!

kremzike
Oh wow! This is a GREAT BTH! Doesn't look old to me from that altered version! I can't wait to see the real pic! I'm usually not a beggar, but SOMEONE PLEASE POST THIS QUICK! :P

I'll never beg again now. I didn't like it. Made me feel icky.

LandoSpeeder2
I don't need to, but I want to.

Darth_Vader05
Here is BTH #74 http://rapidshare.de/files/909064/Tarkin.jpg.html download & enjoy!

DeVi| D0do
thanx DV05!

dafettmanrox
OMG! Post it, I have to get off cuz itsa skool nite. Ahh!!

LandoSpeeder2
Thanks but use http://imageshack.us/ next time

dafettmanrox
Ahh... Thanx

Jedi Priestess
http://img237.exs.cx/img237/9458/ep3ia769631fm.jpg

darthmonkey9206
lol, i was sitting in the wrong thread

DeVi| D0do
eww.. why does he look so... undead?

prod_
thanks!!!

Jedi Priestess
pretty good likeness of Cushing I'd say and you are welcome..

darthmonkey9206
wow, he's.....green

lucasfilm
thanks, but that other guy before that we saw looked waaaaaaaaaaay better than this one!!!

I THINK THEY TRIED TOO HARD

dafettmanrox
Yeah, looks kinda old and pale.

mandalorian_war
i thought i was looking at cushing for a sec he looks great

LandoSpeeder2
I don't really like it that much, thanks for posting though.

DeVi| D0do
the likeness to Cushing is amazing, but he looks older than he did in ANH... and he's got chubbier hands stick out tongue

prod_
http://img211.exs.cx/img211/8750/tarkin5sd.jpg

I dont like this BTH...

Three Owls
unless they have robotics in that face the way they do the nemodians and such...it's gonna look pretty fake.

I mean, the guy who plays him looks more like tarkin without the mask!

DeVi| D0do
I like this pic better

http://img234.exs.cx/img234/5405/tarkin0ez.jpg

or is this actually Cushing?

Torik_Shai
I like it! He looks great to me. Thanks for posting.

kremzike
I like it, and I think that the make-up will look much better on screen, just as I do for the sometimes silly looking Sidious make-up we've seen in photos.

Jedi Priestess
No thats not Cushing devil

this was cushing

http://img77.exs.cx/img77/5677/cushing1hb.jpg

Three Owls
wow...those pens tarkin has must hold some sentimental value for him to keep them for 20 years...and in the same position, I might ad.

SuperFooB
At first glance I was quite disappointed, he looked more like a zombie than tarkin. But after looking at it a few more times, he does bear quite a bit of resemblence.

jedijunky1138
well I guess this answers the Q, will Tarkin be in ROTS..... As if we didn't know allready.

oddjob02
here is a pic of Peter Cushing from the Curse of Frankenstien, in 1957, twenty years before ANH, so he should have looked a bit like this in ROTS

atila the great
wow tarkin can i borrow your pen?

bwill00
has ne one seen starship troopers?

bwill00
Can ne one say brainbug attack.

pika122689
I like it!

lucasfilm
Originally posted by SuperFooB
At first glance I was quite disappointed, he looked more like a zombie than tarkin. But after looking at it a few more times, he does bear quite a bit of resemblence.

agreed..

oddjob02
you tell me if they look similar, the new Tarkin next to the way Cushing looked at the age Tarkin will be portrayed in ROTS

oddjob02
the bad make-up aside the face is too sunken with the new guy

Darth Plagueis
Hope it looks better on the big screen (for however many seconds he's on)...it just looks very made up...I don't think they needed to try so hard to make him look old, when he is 20 years younger...

bwill00
He looks like he got mor surgery than michale jackson

Captain REX
Indeed he does...

And the reason he looks so undead is because it is Cushing...they pulled his dead body from the grave, put it in uniform, applied some make-up and fake skin to cover the rotting bone, and tada! stick out tongue

Darth Plagueis
I mean, I know Cushing played Dracula in like 50 movies and all, but still.....

Darth Plagueis
Originally posted by Captain REX
Indeed he does...

And the reason he looks so undead is because it is Cushing...they pulled his dead body from the grave, put it in uniform, applied some make-up and fake skin to cover the rotting bone, and tada! stick out tongue laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing oh god it hurts...

stefaan
He needs medicin...

tlbauerle
First off...the yellow is bad, secondly they needed to make-up the hand.

I agree that they tried too hard.

cylob49
Jeez that is one creepy pic
i wonder what Cushings family and freinds think
come to think of it i cant wait to hear what Cushings life long freind CHRISOPHER LEE thinks too
its disturbing

mossman
You've got to bear in mind that Tarkin won't have much to do in ROTS.
I think it will be convincing enough - I don't expect any close ups and massive monologues from him.

Freakin' Jedi
What a crap! Tarkin looks much too old.

cylob49
nah Tarkin is about 77 in ANH so that pic would make him about 60
i dont think imperials have a skin care plan and moisturise much so i guess he looks right

Callous B'stard
Not impressed myself. Too much makeup which wasn't needed.

Wayne Pygram looks very similar to Cushing anyway (if a bit more well built) and he can do a decent Tarkin impression (his farscape character "Scorpius" sounded very similar anyway).

The most they should have done was perhaps slightly alter his nose, maybe his chin and add a bit more hair. They didn't cover Ewan McGregor in loads of prosthetics to make him look more like the original character, why not just let Pygram act the part and do the rest with a hairpiece and some good makeup shading.

Overkill.

oddjob02
actually Tarkin aws 63 when he was in ANH and they didn't try to make him look older at the time, so the new Tarkn should look 43ish

cylob49
oddjob02 youre right
i thought i read Cushing was 77 when he made ANH but i got it wrong
but then again its never said how old Tarkin is....sure Cushing was 63 when he made ANH but Peter Mayhew was 33 and his character was 200 so there you go.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001088/
so how old is Luke in ANH

Cascador
He's 19

Anakin2Vader
he might look ok if he wasnt so green in the face.... he looks like a sids sith apprentice or something

Ben-Kenobi
MAN THAT PICTURE LOOKS LIKE SHIT!

Ben-Kenobi
I think the other guy looked better

bilb
This pic does look bad, all the publicity shots have.. they used way too bright lighting on them. I'm sure when we see him onscreen he will look great. Just like Sids looked weird in his publicity shots, but looks spot on in the trailer....

jony

bilb
huh? confused

NoMeN
this is how i think he should have looked like, what do you guys think?

http://img33.exs.cx/img33/16/tarkin9yr.jpg

LandoSpeeder2
Much better.

cal31
indeed, much better

Three Owls
much healthier atleast

tlbauerle
Originally posted by jony
news pics on starwars-europe.fr.st

Gee...thanks for spamming in practically every thread I've read today...

Secondly...congradulations on having zero new content that hasn't been posted here

Third...You should probably take down the PIXELMAGIC image because it's not real...

BUT...I'm sure you already knew that!!!

HELL....ALL your posts just advertise your site...you suck. Go away...

Three Owls
my thoughts exactly

LandoSpeeder2
Originally posted by jony
news pics on starwars-europe.fr.st Originally posted by The Ones
http://www.millenniumfalcon.com/phpbb/images/smiles/mf_emoticon_jfc.gif

NoMeN
its ok.... lets keep this on topic please

DCLXVI
NoMeN> Indeed, that is much better....
But as Bilbs said, he probably won't look so fake or crappy on screen.....

NoMeN
yeah, i hope so stick out tongue

JKozzy
The regional governors will now have direct control over their territory. Fear will keep them in order. (something like that stick out tongue)

DCLXVI
Regional Governors = Moffs.
wink

Anakin2Vader
wow nomen .... he looks a thousand times better with color... nice job

CinematicESP
I think he'll look much better on screen. Look at Palpy's publicity shots and then check out completed shots of Palpy. It's just out of context, that's all. I think in terms of resemblance to Tarkin, he looks fantastic.

BAILY
Palps looks like shit in the promo shots.. but in the movie.. he looks awesome... and so will Tarkin... so leave him alone.. I love Tarkin... I just hope he has dialogue

woman_beater69
Wow, did Tarkin get a sun tan and highlights, NoMen? You should have added a Hawaiian shirt.

DCLXVI
laughing out loud
I think Palpatine looked pretty fake in some shots of the Trailer too, though, IMAO. wink
Still, we shouldn't judge a movie that hasn't been released yet.

OB1-adobe
Originally posted by DCLXVI
NoMeN> Indeed, that is much better....
But as Bilbs said, he probably won't look so fake or crappy on screen.....

100 bucks says he also has less than 10 seconds of screen time

Lord Tyrant
The guy, looks like he needs he a shower.

tlbauerle
Okay...compare the stage make-up on Palps in JEDI to what we have seen of Tarkin and Palps in SITH...it does truly suck, no one can say otherwise...and while we are at it the EMPIRE Palpy sucked too.

Whoever has been doing make-up at LFL should be dragged out into the street and shot...

guiro72
nice job nomen....i'm just glad that tarkin is in...wish they'd put dagobah back in...when i rewatched anh the other week, the tantive looked kinda different after seeing the new rots pics too...

for future reference though, it would be nice to have the bth's uncropped...thanks though, it's great...

Delta51VE
I think there's a lot of overreacting. All the spy reports indicate that all we see of Tarkin is a few seconds on a dark bridge. In that case, this makeup that looks extreme in bright light will look much more natural.

Let's see the scene before we flame it and try to make it "better" using fancy photoship "skills".

NoMeN
hey guys.... i worked a bit more on it. got rid of some wrinkles and he doesnt look so skinny anymore.

http://img82.exs.cx/img82/3446/tarkin022xv.jpg

sasa
Impressive indeed, Nomen smile

guiro72
i agree with you delta 51ve, that it will most likely look fine in the film...but there's no need for inverted comma's around the word "skills"...nomen's work here is, indeed, impressive...

NoMeN
thanks guys big grin

bilb
Originally posted by BAILY
Palps looks like shit in the promo shots.. but in the movie.. he looks awesome... and so will Tarkin... so leave him alone.. I love Tarkin... I just hope he has dialogue

I wouldnt hold my breath if I were you Bails.. wink

And I thought a Moff was a step up from a regional governor in the Imperial heirarchy confused

Tombonator3000
good job nomen!smile
Thats probably how tarkin will end up looking in the film, since make-up
appear different on film than pictures...
Dont ask me how...something with that you cant use flesh color makup since the cameras distort the colors somewhtat... read that somewhere..
Dont flame if im wrongbig grin

CBright7831
Good lord he looks horriffic.

His eyes are blood shot. Someone should put in eyes drops or something.

Delta51VE
Originally posted by guiro72
for future reference though, it would be nice to have the bth's uncropped...thanks though, it's great...

That's how they are when you save them from the website. Only way to do it otherwise is a screen grab, then you have to paste it into photoshop and remove the rest of the screen cap . . .

They're not cropped this way intentionally by those who post them, so be grateful that you're at least getting this much.

Delta51VE
Originally posted by guiro72
i agree with you delta 51ve, that it will most likely look fine in the film...but there's no need for inverted comma's around the word "skills"...nomen's work here is, indeed, impressive...

they're "quotes" not ,commas, and I meant no direct offense to Nomen's work.

Delta51VE
Originally posted by Three Owls
wow...those pens tarkin has must hold some sentimental value for him to keep them for 20 years...and in the same position, I might ad.

As a fluke, I saw in the Star Wars Encyclopedia that those aren't pens, but computer access thingamajingies. They hold computer data.

However, the SWE does take all the EU into consideration, so take it for what it's worth.

stefaan
Hey i thought that Tarkin WAS played by Wayne Pygram http://www.starwars.com/episode-iii/castcrew.html look below. So what's the deal?(maybe old news)

Sith Master X
Was just checking through the Episode 1 cast list, and I never knew Darth Maul was given a voice over. erm

Stunrun
Yeh he had a cockney accent, so you can see why it was dubbed overstick out tongue

fred quimby
Heres a better one,

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.