There's something familiar about this place

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bwill00
In the empire striks back when luke was on dagobahhe says it seems familiar to him.I think he had visions of a distant place as a child,and mabey obiwan made a stop to dagohbah with luke before he went to tatooine to say farrwell.

any remarks

Mist
meh, i have to go watch esb again.

Darth Plagueis
"A long time have I watched this one.." says Yoda about Luke...maybe it was more of a two way call than the old green fart realised...

Darth Subjekt
yea im thinking Luke saw the future...."through the force many things will you see....the future, the past, old friends long gone." Just like anakin used the force to do pod racing, maybe luke just saw degobah....

bwill00
Yes, he watched him.thats true. But how can it be familiar. Ithink just like liea remembers her mother,"not much just images", he can remember a trip to dagohbah. cause yoda asks bail to bring him to dagohbah and obiwan says farwell

Darth Plagueis
Hmm...if Leah can vaguely remember her mother (a spoiler says they look each other in the eyes), AND Yoda is deposited on Dagobah by Bail Organa BEFORE taking Luke to Tattooine, you may be on to something!!!

bwill00
it was just a theory i had after watching ESB. ....."I don't know theres just something familiar about this place." mabey the reason luke doesnt remember padme is becaus she died after looking into lieas eyes and luke never saw her...

,but i do think luke and liea saw each other or have that telekenetic twin stuff where if one dies the others feel it.

Darth Plagueis
I don't know about that, simply because they are around each other a LOT between 4 when they meet and 6 when he realises that they are related...like 6 years!!!

Darth Plagueis
Ew...how many times do you suppose they made-out off screen????
Hey, I should start a new thread about that......
Hmmmmmmmm
"Jedi incest...DID Luke put Leah to the test?"

bwill00
HA-HA!!!!!!!!!!!! lol Luke off screen"come on carrie just one hand job"

Cascador
It says that when Luke looks at the binary sunset, Yoda is watching over him, like he said he did in ESB, also the reason the Force Theme is played. All his life they had a connection. So that is what Luke sensed on Dagobah, what he found familiar.

J.M FcThumbs-Up
Originally posted by Cascador
It says that when Luke looks at the binary sunset, Yoda is watching over him, like he said he did in ESB, also the reason the Force Theme is played. All his life they had a connection. So that is what Luke sensed on Dagobah, what he found familiar.

Kinda have to agree with you on that one!
It's not a basic-explanation about the environment, it's the feeling Luke gets when walking on Dagobah>He senses the familiar spirit of Yoda...but doesn't realise, the weird fella IS Yoda, when he sees him.
As for Episode3 and the relation to Episode5;
Basicly a baby doesn't know anything and is completely helpless, but babies do rely on feelings in the first months of their lifes.
Centre this in the SW-Universe and there you have the perfect strong explanation to the whole thing!!!!!!!!

wink

SithSpy
dont think so it is my thought that yoda gets to dagobag via an escape pod, they dont even stop to drop him off, and I belive that Luke had envisioned the place, possibly in his dreams thus making it familiar to him, also he was just learning about sensing things, so maybe sensing yodas presecence was like feeling a familiarity

Cascador
Originally posted by SithSpy
dont think so it is my thought that yoda gets to dagobag via an escape pod, they dont even stop to drop him off, and I belive that Luke had envisioned the place, possibly in his dreams thus making it familiar to him, also he was just learning about sensing things, so maybe sensing yodas presecence was like feeling a familiarity

that's exactly what we said....

darthmaul1
Perhapes the familiar feeling he is getting is from Yoda as he may be around him for a long time until Yoda is dropped off at Dagohba.

Ben-Kenobi
Can't Jedi / Padawans who are reall strong with the force sense other jedis feelings from time to time like how yoda sense'd anakin in ATOC maybe he remember Yoda's presence from when he was born and when he arriaved at dagabah he felt that once familar presence once more.

ctsketch
you have to recall lukes entires lines "Theres something familiar about this place, it feels like....like we're being WATCHED" *luke turns to yoda* or something like that

the familiar feeling is Yoda maybe looking over him, maybe not dagobah specifically.

Echuu
Yeah that would make sense.
He was sensing the presense of another jedi he had felt before.

J.M FcThumbs-Up
What is it that you people don't understand??? That's what we all said..... mad wink

yo_yoda
Originally posted by bwill00
In the empire striks back when luke was on dagobahhe says it seems familiar to him.I think he had visions of a distant place as a child,and mabey obiwan made a stop to dagohbah with luke before he went to tatooine to say farrwell.

any remarks

this thread has been made before and proven... use the search button.... please close this thread NOW

J.M FcThumbs-Up
YESSSS >>>>>CLOSE

Echuu
Originally posted by J.M FcThumbs-Up
What is it that you people don't understand??? That's what we all said..... mad wink

sheesh, flip out about it

J.M FcThumbs-Up
Don't you see the smilies......just kidding man!
Man, people read that shit and it's been typed over for a couple of times, just in other words...
That's what I meant!

I'm just making fun....some of us got a weird sense of humor, that's all!!!
No offense buddy!

bilb
Originally posted by ctsketch
you have to recall lukes entires lines "Theres something familiar about this place, it feels like....like we're being WATCHED" *luke turns to yoda* or something like that

the familiar feeling is Yoda maybe looking over him, maybe not dagobah specifically.

yes

J.M FcThumbs-Up
Originally posted by bilb
yes

wink wink wink

....yes indeed! We all give the same sorta explanation, kinda looks like most of us agree on the subject!

Sadako of Girth
Interesting... I hadn't considered that interpretation before Ctsketch..
Nice......

guiro72
yeah, right from announcement of phantom menace being made, this line was big for me....then they cut dagobah....(still think we should petition - and that's the 1st time i've said that about anything).....but i must admit the addition of the line "like we're being watched" does add a potential alternate meaning to the scene....something vague tweaked in back of my mind when i rewatched esb last week, just a "i'm not sure that line makes sense, how can being watched make a place familiar"....but this theory makes a lot of sense....thanks guys....

but i'd still prefer if dagobah was in, and the meaning was literal.....damnit....

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by bwill00
HA-HA!!!!!!!!!!!! lol Luke off screen"come on carrie just one hand job"

Well that's just lovely........do you EAT with that mouth too?

lil bitchiness
bwill00, watch the content of your posts!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.