Star wars 3D 2007 30th anniversary and lucas on rots

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DARTH STEVIOUS
Hi news just in from comming soon.net -

Lucas to Release Star Wars Films in 3-D
Source: The Hollywood Reporter March 18, 2005

George Lucas is planning to remaster all of the "Star Wars" films for rerelease in 3-D, says The Hollywood Reporter.

The director, who is releasing Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith on May 19th, said he hadn't yet committed to a precise schedule but hoped to have the first film ready for the 30th anniversary of the original Star Wars movie in 2007 and that he would then rerelease one "Star Wars" film per year in 3-D.

Lucas and 20th Century Fox screened the first six minutes of "Revenge of the Sith" at ShoWest on Thursday and he talked more about the film.

"It's not like the first one. It's more emotional. I describe it as a 'Titanic' in space. It's a real tearjerker, and it will be received in a way that none of us can expect," he said.

Mist
i dont think so.

nothing will replace the OT.

LanİeWindu™
Wow...2 threads we already have rolled into 1 thread we don't need. huh

DARTH STEVIOUS
i dont think u have read it propley the last thread said he might do 3d and this one says he is totally different.

TheElectricFox
Well considering on 60 Minutes he said after episode 3 he was finished period. But that isnt to say he will not persue the extra buck by releasing his films all over again for the 5 time.

SithSpy
I am not as pessimistic about the changees as everyone seems to be, as long as you keep your originals you always have them to treasure and the new stuff can keep guys like me happy who want new star wars for their entire life, plus its the 30th Aniv. of the greatest movie of all time and one of the greatest box office grossing movies of all time, how can you complain about something special being done for that? But to each his own, thats just my thought

TheElectricFox
What makes me mad is that every time it gets re-released they make stupid changes to it.

For Example:

the special edition- all the cgi crap + greedo shoots first

The DVD's- ALL OF THE LIGHTSABER FIGHTS & EFFECTS, and no BASS whatsoever in the audio track

cylob49
I thought he was done too........will this never end?
Anyway i thought he was returning to more "personal" movies
but then why is it reported hes going to be making ACTION MAN -THE MOVIE......or is that a load of bollocks?

http://www.ananova.com/entertainment/story/sm_1318488.html

Jedi Priestess
Oh yuck....I dont recall any movie that was done in 3-D that looked worth a damn.

cylob49
Freddys Revenge was the best of a bad bunch of 3D pics
and that was crap.

PVS
3d star wars? how positively retarded.
of coarse im gonna blow my cash and see it, because i'm just
another LFL junkie consumer...but that doesnt make it right.

ShadowBoy
Are you talking about anaglyph movies (red/blue) or stuff like Imax 3D?

Anaglyph 3D sucks. 3D with shutter glasses like imax are fine with me.

We have no idea how good or bad the new 2D to 3D process is, so lets just wait and see. If you're not into stereo 3D period, then nothing will make you happy as far as 3D news goes I guess.

Calm down.

DARTH STEVIOUS
Lucas and james cameron have created a new 3d for cinema and home use. This being showcased at the end of this month and james camerons new movie is full 3d which will be the first. So this is for our local cinemas and then home use as the new dvds will be in the HD format high defintion. I cant wait personally i also have a couple of 3d movies at home and they are wicked ones called haunted mansion

ShadowBoy
Where did you see this info?

All I hear about from the Showest presentation is just press reports. I want to hear about audience reactions to seeing clips from SW4:ANH, SW2:AotC, and even LotR (not really a fan) in 3D. Like was it good, bad okayish...?

uk.news.yahoo.com/050318/325/feho5.html

DARTH STEVIOUS
I am not really sure about the reactions but it will be very intresting when i hear i will post. I also think lucas is planning to change star tours in disney to a 3d simulation incorparting the pod race now that will be worth going to disney just to see that. In disney world recently they posted an anocement that star tors will be taking a new ruote this also suggests he is working on a new ride here is the wright up .

Star Tours II Opening?

We have a source at WDW telling us that the new Pod Race theme may be in place September 2000.

Another Star Tours CM from our discussion board has this to add:
"I can tell you that Imagineers have been reconfiguring all 6 simulators for the past 6 months. They would, in turn, close each sim for a couple days and then move on to the next one. A highly reliable source has also informed me that testing has taken place on 3D effects on the ride."

News on the new ride sent in by Dion

Courtesy of the Disneyland Information Guide. Be sure to visit their site below for all the info:

Apparently, all four star speeders will have a new destination: Tatooine. The new show will take you to the planet and the ever popular but treacherous pod racing. You will somehow get caught in a pod race and other pod racers will try to knock you off the track, and this time you finally do get to your destination.

tlbauerle
Hey...who knows what kind of technology Lucas and Cameron are working on...I'll remain objective until I see what they are up to

DARTH STEVIOUS
Here is the reaction and what was shown in 3d very intresting -

Star Wars in 3-D

Is Star Wars dead after 'Episode III'? It sure doesn't appear so. Besides the upcoming TV series (more than one), there's the conversion of the Saga into 3-D. But what does it really look like? You can read a first-hand account of the demonstration from ShoWest at WorldEnteractive.com. Does it hold up to the hype?

George Lucas and James Cameron each introduced a collection clips during the presentation. The first, introduced by Lucas, showcased the 2D to 3D conversion process perfected by In-Three. 2D to 3D conversion clips introduced by Lucas included the speeder chase from "Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones," Tony Scott's "Top Gun," Disney's "Lilo and Stitch" and the entire first reel of "Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope." The 3D conversions were spectacular, but even wearing the streamlined LCD glasses, ghosting occurred. Regardless this minor issue, Lucas feels that this 3D digital conversion actually outshines the original film. According to Lucas, a number of demos have been made to his company over the past 20 years by various companies, but In-Three's was the first one to meet his standards. Lucas is planning to release his entire Star Wars trilogy in 3D for the 30th anniversary in 2007.

DARTH STEVIOUS

Sith Master X
Star Wars 3D! eek! thumb up

smoker4
Yeehaa

guiro72
can't believe i was right about this ("in the future...."wink......even I thought I was a bit crazy when i said it.....i even love bad 3D (i just find the novelty value of it entertaining).....and quicktime VR too....but if they've really made it work THAT well....holy crap!!.....

Kainreaver
I saw the Polar Express in 3-D, and THAT was cool. I cant imagine how cool star wars in 3-D will be. the only bad thing is i would want to be able to watch it in my home all i want. But it sounds like once the 3-D films leave the theatre, they're gone forever.

guiro72
i thought it sounded like it was for home sytems as well....one of us needs to re-read the report....and i agree, i need to take this baby home....

Obi-OneManShow
Originally posted by cylob49
I thought he was done too........will this never end?
Anyway i thought he was returning to more "personal" movies
but then why is it reported hes going to be making ACTION MAN -THE MOVIE......or is that a load of bollocks?

http://www.ananova.com/entertainment/story/sm_1318488.html

If this is true, I'll eat my left testicle...
And if he doesn't start making films like THX or American Graffiti after EpIII, I'll eat the other one...

cylob49
when i saw the words 3d it conjured up images of jaws 3d and the crappy glasses and people pointing long objects into the camera.
but now i see Cameron and Lucas are working on a new system and the idea sounds great.

Stunrun
ok, so why would GL make 3-D versions once every year for each episode?? thats gonna take another 6 years of SW off his life. Sure it all pays off once the REAL saga is complete, but i thought George was not going to return to Star Warsconfused

correct me if i read this wrongconfused

Cascador
well they don't have to be directed again...I guess...I think he'll only finance it, so it doesn't take much time only money.

Kainreaver
Because Star Wars is all he really knows how to do. The prospect of NEVER touching a star wars film again is probably freaking him out. How long can someone REALLY stay away from something that hes built his entire life arround.

Kainreaver
Plus, its the money, i think he'd make Howard the duck 3-D if it'd make him a few bucks.

tlbauerle
Howard the Duck...3D...

Fan-f*cking-tastic

jango fatt
3d?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.