Spidey Runs the X-Men Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DigiMark007
SM vs. an X-Man threads are all over the place...so I figured combining them into this might be fun.

Rules:
1. No prep time
2. Location: Danger Room. Simulation of a 100 meter x 100 meter city clock...no huge buildings (so its not like Spideys in NYC) but regular-sized buildings, cars, etc.
3. Combatants start on opposite sides of a building...so they are not in direct sight of eachother.
4. Spider-Man is refreshed and back to 100% after each battle.
5. For the purposes of this thread, Nightcrawler cannot teleport limbs off. If you have a problem with that, tough noogies!
6. All heroes are the most current versions, or most recent versions (because in some they're dead by now).

The first few will be obviously easy fights for SM...and the last few will be impossible for him (just to have both extremes).

You can explain yourself on important battles but try not to get stuck on any one hero...I don't want this turning into just another SM vs. Cyclops/Storm/etc. thread. So in general, how far you think he'd get and some brief explanations. If you think either one has a chance to win, pick which one you think would most likely win a best of 5 fight.

Here's the lineup...mostly classic X-men...no one too new.
1. Jubilee
2. Beast
3. Nightcrawler
4. Angel
5. Gambit
6. Cyclops
7. Dazzler
8. Wolverine
9. Iceman
10. Storm
11. Rogue
12. Colossus
13. Jean
14. Xavier

I have him getting past Wolverine and stopping against Iceman. Anyone care to differ?

-DM cool

pr1983
Are these bog standard battle's or to the death numbers?

DigiMark007
To the death. We'll say that they've been told they're only fighting Danger Room simulations of the other.

-DM

pr1983
hmm...

cyclops is the first to give him trouble, but folds because cyclops always holds back, even in the danger room...

he'll get to iceman, and if bobby doesn't stop him storm will...

stormfront13
I say he gets to beats and is prolly done

BootlegBoys420
He Gets To Jean... If He Gets Past Wolvie...

stormfront13
there is no way he gets to jean

DigiMark007
Here's my rationale...Cyclops is the first to give him trouble. If you want a full explanation, refer to the recent Cyke v. SM thread where I've been vigorously defending SM.

He's oodles stronger than Wolvie. And for the Wolvie fanboys, dispel the myth that his healing power is instantaneous...it isn't. In a fight it would help, but he takes time to recover from wounds. SM could probably stab Wolvie to death with his own claws...and even if that was out of the question, Logan coudln't catch him and wouldn't do a whole lot of harm to him. There's a lot of damage SM could do to Wolvie that wouldn't involve his skeleton, since his skin is no more durable than normal. Anway, there's my reasoning there.

I think he'd have a shot at Iceman...and a slimmer but still present shot at Storm, but I wouldn't bank on it.
The last four were for show...I love Spidey, so if anyone can convince me he'd take Rogue, then Woot! to you...but I don't see it.

-DM

stormfront13
i think beast is totally capable of taking sm

DigiMark007
Originally posted by stormfront13
i think beast is totally capable of taking sm

no

Not as agile. Not as strong. Maybe smarter, but without prep time, that isn't doing him much good.

pr1983
beast hasnt a hope without prep...

stormfront13
maybe but nightcrawler definitley has a chance- sm hardly ever deals w/ teleporters

savagerampage
not as strong? isnt beast class 40 now? hes way stronger then spiderman then if thats the case.

stormfront13
well thats what i thought and he also has a healing factor- well i am almost positive he got one from sage

savagerampage
well he had that secondary mutation that made him catllike

stormfront13
yeah i think thats where he got the healing factor from- if spidey some how manages to get to storm then he goes down there

pr1983
Originally posted by savagerampage
not as strong? isnt beast class 40 now? hes way stronger then spiderman then if thats the case.

since when is beast class 40? is this a recent thing?

stormfront13
well i didn't say it but he got like a few secondary mutations

savagerampage
beast has had 2 transformations. 1st one he looked like the intelligent gremlin dude from gremlins 2 only blue.

now he looks like an overgrown Ron pearlman from that beauty and the beast tv show with Sarah conner

savagerampage
sorry linda hamilton

stormfront13
he got a lot stronger

illadelph12
If this is in order of difficulty, shouldn't Beast be in Angel's spot, and Angel and NC move up a spot?

pr1983
beast has had 2 transformations. 1st one he looked like the intelligent gremlin dude from gremlins 2 only blue.

now he looks like an overgrown Ron pearlman from that beauty and the beast tv show with Sarah conner

ive seen the physical stuff, but i never heard he was class 40...

stormfront13
i've heard it and seen it in the comics

Scoobless
1. Jubilee - not wasting my time explaining
2. Beast - beast is stronger and spidey's webs are natural now (don't know if they are stronger) but i figure spidey is still faster and will use his spider-sense to avoid the beasts hits like he does with Scorpion quite often, so he'd get in more shots and take beast down in about 10 minutes max
3. Nightcrawler - spider-sense warns where the port is coming from, speed and strength take crawler down
4. Angel - webbed wings and fist in face
5. Gambit - avoidance and speedblitz
6. Cyclops - similar to gambit but takes a little longer
7. Dazzler - see Cyc scenario
8. Wolverine - long battle ending with wolverine webbed to wall with airways blocked by webbing
9. Iceman - probably a frozen spider-corpse
10. Storm - inside a building spidey can use stealth to approach and take storm out.... not as easy as nightcrawler but in this scenario i go for spidey
11. Rogue - class 50....... Spidey can take her down using the same tactics as he used against Titania who was class 85 or more, avoid, hit, throw, web, repeat as required........ spidey wins 9 out of 10
12. Colossus - i don't see Spidey being able to knock out colossus but i can't see him getting hit by colossus either....... long drawn out battle until colossus falls asleep from boredom
13. Jean - Spidey can't counter psionics of this level
14. Xavier - see the answer for Jean

stormfront13
i don't think storm will be stupid enough to go in a room but she can use her abilities in a room and her senses are almost as acute as wolverines, well they are in the comics. dazzler will be really hard to take down and iceman should be able to beat him. and beast is as fast as sm and much stronger

illadelph12
40 tons??? You sure it's not 4 tons? I could see 8,000 lbs, but 80,000 lbs?

savagerampage
Thats what it appears to be now. i think he was at 4 tons before, ive seen him toss around some small cars, and thats before this mutation.

stormfront13
yeah he became a lot more powerful- heres his bio

Known superhuman powers: The Beast has the superhuman strength, agility, endurance, speed and dexterity. He is strong enough to lift (press) 45 tons. His legs are powerful enough to enable him to leap 14 feet high in a standing high jump, and 22 feet in a standing broad jump. He is able to crawl up brick walls by wedging his fingers and toes into the smallest cracks and applying a vise-like grip on them. He has enough power to smash through a four-inch thick oaken door with a single blow or tie a three-inch solid steel bar into a knot. He has the agility of a great ape and the acrobatic prowess of the most complished circus aerialist and acrobat. Ha can walk a tightrope or a slack rope as easily as most people can walk on a sidewalk. He can walk on his hands for many hours, or perform a complicated sequence of gymnastic stunts such as flips, rolls, and springs. He can easily match or top any Olympic record at gymnastics apparatus (such as flying rings, climbing ropes, horizontal bars, trampolines). Further, his manual and pedal dexterity is so great that he can write using both hands at once or tie knots in rope with his toes. The Beast is quite fast, able to run on all four at approximately 40 miles per hour for short sprints. His stamina is approximately triple that of a well-trained athlete in his prime. His physiology is durable enough to permit him to take a three-story fall without a broken bone or stain (providing he lands on his feet). At the time of his further mutation into his present furry form, his metabolism underwent a period of accelerated change. As a side effect, he was able to metabolize and recover from penetration wound to his body within a matter of hours. Since then, his body's metabolism has stabilized and he no longer has quite such a rapid recovery rate. He is still able to recover from a wound at about five times the normal human rate.

Scoobless
people may be saying he's 40 tons because he's listed as class 5 on the marvel 1-7 scale...... which, i think, covers 25-40 ton guys........ if you are all getting it from another source please let me know

although his speed is still listed as 2 where spidey is 3
and his fighting skills are listed as 3 where spidey is 4

stormfront13
idk i got that bio from a beast site a few days ago and i saved it on my computer-can't remember the site though, but i searched "x-men"+"beast" on google

stormfront13

Scoobless
i don't think storm will be stupid enough to go in a room but she can use her abilities in a room

she has no choice about entering the room, it's the training scenario she has been given...... this puts her at a disadvantage as spidey is extremely stealthy when he wants to be

stormfront13
i thought they were in a city??

Scoobless
my mistake..... it says they start on opposite sides of a building, not in the building......... either way Spidey would vanish into the building at the start and Storm would probably fly....... he'd see her but be unable to reach her until she comes down low to find him, she'd wouldn't know where he is....... it could be another one that comes down to stamina and patience...... Spidey has a lot more stamina than Storm

stormfront13
storm can just create a tornado in the city and it'll destroy a lot of thi8ngs and then she'll prolly be able to find him- storm is no pushover and she can beat him, but since this isn't about storm and imo he won't even get to her .

Scoobless
it's not about if he'd "get to her" it's how he would do against them all individually if he started out fresh each time..... she definitely can beat him, but he can beat her too

stormfront13
i know i'm just saying that i doubt he will reach her cause he'll prolly lose before her. and if he doesn't that she can take him out.

Scoobless
if she gets too high in the air he can just hide until she gets tired....... this isn't supposed to turn into any one specific battle thread....... what did you think of my reasoning for the other battles?

stormfront13
i'm not trying to make it about one battle i'm just simply stating that imo he won't make it to storm and if he does then he stpos ther

Zahit
Originally posted by Scoobless
1. Jubilee - not wasting my time explaining
2. Beast - beast is stronger and spidey's webs are natural now (don't know if they are stronger) but i figure spidey is still faster and will use his spider-sense to avoid the beasts hits like he does with Scorpion quite often, so he'd get in more shots and take beast down in about 10 minutes max
3. Nightcrawler - spider-sense warns where the port is coming from, speed and strength take crawler down
4. Angel - webbed wings and fist in face
5. Gambit - avoidance and speedblitz
6. Cyclops - similar to gambit but takes a little longer
7. Dazzler - see Cyc scenario
8. Wolverine - long battle ending with wolverine webbed to wall with airways blocked by webbing
9. Iceman - probably a frozen spider-corpse
10. Storm - inside a building spidey can use stealth to approach and take storm out.... not as easy as nightcrawler but in this scenario i go for spidey
11. Rogue - class 50....... Spidey can take her down using the same tactics as he used against Titania who was class 85 or more, avoid, hit, throw, web, repeat as required........ spidey wins 9 out of 10
12. Colossus - i don't see Spidey being able to knock out colossus but i can't see him getting hit by colossus either....... long drawn out battle until colossus falls asleep from boredom
13. Jean - Spidey can't counter psionics of this level
14. Xavier - see the answer for Jean
I pretty much agree with this assessment, except that I don't think
Iceman can keep up with Spiderman's speed. Unless there's been
some ludicrous updates on his powers!
And as for Colossus, I wonder what would happen if Spiderman
unloaded his ENTIRE web cartidges on Colossus's face......

BootlegBoys420
WE BE BOOTLEG!!!!
CHECK IT! Spidey sences will take a big part in these fights, what makes ya think that Spidey cant beat Beast with out prep time furboy wont even touch him.Come on people Storm!! one good punch she goes down.Gean,Xavior ara the only ones that will give him problems,and of course Logan.

WE RUN THESE STREETS!!!!!!

stormfront13
bootleg you obvioulsy don't know storm one punch from spiderman and she's down?? she has taken hits from stronger and taken full on hits from sentinals- she has taken full blasts from magneto, wolverine, being stabbed in the back be marrow, and being hit by juggernaut.one punch from sipderman she gets even madder which makes her powers more powerful- but this isn't about storm imo if he gets past dazzler then iceman will take him out, or maybe wolverine.

Scoobless
storm doesn't have above human level physical strength or invulnerability..... spidey could easily knock her out, if he got close enough

DigiMark007
If storm took a hit from Juggernaut, then that was bad writing...unless she had some "wind defense" up or something.

I was unaware of Beast's new strength level...I'd still go with Spidey, but Beast should be further along the gauntlet.

In the Storm scenario, a tornado or similar force of nature would be all that is required...SM would go down, stealth or not. I agree that SM has a slim chance, especially given the setting, but in the "Best of 5 tiebreak" that I set in the rules, I would pick Storm to win more often than not.

Rogue and Colossus are so much stronger that I can't see SM taking it, spider-sense or not. And if it just becomes a long drawn out battle, at least Colossus should last longer than SM before he falls asleep, dies of thirst, etc. Colossus and Rogue could whip cars at Spidey like they're baseballs...SM will only dodge so many.

Hadn't thought about him blocking Wolvie's air passages with webs...that's a cool thought.

Still have him getting to Iceman and losing...Bobby could take a few punches (in ice form he is more durable) and with some of his recent displays of power that I've seen, he could easily freeze enough space to freeze SM, freeze the air around him, freeze a box around him, etc. Spidey would really need to get the jump on him...again, possible but not likely

-DM

DarkCrawler
bootleg you obvioulsy don't know storm one punch from spiderman and she's down??

Yes, she is down.

stormfront13
no she's not she has taken hits from stronger

who?-kid
One good punch, and Storm is down.

But Storm definitely can defeat SM, no question about it. But SM can beat her too.

stormfront13
one punck from spiderman and she isn't down. she is stronger than that. she has taken htis from juggernaut and has not been knocked out. she has also tken hits from full powered sebastion shaw

stormfront13
and lets not forget the arena she was champion.

DarkCrawler
one punck from spiderman and she isn't down. she is stronger than that. she has taken htis from juggernaut and has not been knocked out. she has also tken hits from full powered sebastion shaw

Name the issue where she has taken hits from Juggernaut.

Storm can't take hits from Spider-Man unless she as superhuman durablity. Which she doesn't.

Of course, taken the recent X-Men upgrading, I wouldn't be superised.

DarkCrawler

And what do you mean by full powered Sebastian Shaw?

Superherovandal
no way she could take one full hit from Juggernaut.

DarkCrawler
Agree.

stormfront13
i mean sebastion shaw was figthing colossus and then shaw hit storm- he grabbed her ankle and threw her to the ground and she was still conscious- and i saw pics of storm taking a hit from the juggernaut on a storm site a while back- it wasn't a full on hit he used the back of his hand and swiped her away. and we don't know if he can even reach her to hit her. and this isn't about storm- imo he will prolly be stopped at dazzler or iceman.

DarkCrawler
i mean sebastion shaw was figthing colossus and then shaw hit storm- he grabbed her ankle and threw her to the ground and she was still conscious- and i saw pics of storm taking a hit from the juggernaut on a storm site a while back- it wasn't a full on hit he used the back of his hand and swiped her away. and we don't know if he can even reach her to hit her. and this isn't about storm- imo he will prolly be stopped at dazzler or iceman.

But you have to admit it, a full hit from Spidey would knock her out. And Dazzler is not going to stop him. Iceman, probably.

stormfront13
if she has been hit with more force before then why spidey?? what makes this time so special. and it won't be his full hit cause he will most likely be jumping to hit her.

DarkCrawler
if she has been hit with more force before then why spidey?? what makes this time so special. and it won't be his full hit cause he will most likely be jumping to hit her.

But she simply just cant resist an full hit from Class 10 character. She doesn't have superhuman durablity.

stormfront13
oh but she can resist gun-shot, full-on sentinal beams, a hit from juggernaut, a hit from muscle head(50 tons) a few hits from strong guy wolverine, nightcrawler, the list is long

DarkCrawler
oh but she can resist gun-shot, full-on sentinal beams, a hit from juggernaut, a hit from muscle head(50 tons) a few hits from strong guy wolverine, nightcrawler, the list is long

So she has superhuman durablity.

Another ability to Storm's list of power.

who?-kid
For the last time: Storm does not have superhuman durability. Not in the least. Because Shaw threw her to the ground once (probably that time they were fighting in the Hellfire Club, just before the Phoenix Saga, and by the way, Shaw beat her unconsciousness if I remember correctly) doesn't mean she has superhuman durability.

Same for the Juggernaut-thing.

stormfront13
she doesn't have super-human durability but she has withstood punches from harder people- and she will definitley beat him. she has blown away his webbing before she can do it again he won't be able to reach her to hit her even if somehow he managed ti take her out w/ one hit- he's not that strong

who?-kid
Yes he is lol. He has hurt the Hulk on more than one occasion, he can bend steel with ease, he can (do I have to go on ?)

sbo
Storm would beat Spidey, but he wouldn't make it that far anyway. Iceman would certainly take him out.

stormfront13
so what?? juggernaut and muscle head can bend spidey and they have hit her and she got up

stormfront13
anyway i don't spidey even makes it to iceman

wuTa
he doenst get past gambit....nightcrawler would give him a ton of trouble

Scoobless
Nightcrawler wouldn't give him any trouble..... spider-sense would let him know where he's popping up, 1 hit and it's over....... Gambit wouldn't even last that long

DigiMark007
Agreeing with Scoobless. NC and Gambit fall easily. I don't know that his spider-sense would tell him where NC would appear next, it would definately warn him that something was about to happen. And one punch would floor NC...it would take hundreds of NC hits to take down Spidey.

My mind is currently musing the liklihood of SM actually beating Rogue...but of course I still think he'd get stopped before that (Iceman/Storm).

Stormfront, no one has said that SM would beat Storm...the closest anyone has come is saying "he has a slim chance". So PLEASE don't go fanboy on us and insist that a character who has some awesome weather-control powers but is no more durable than an in-shape regular human being could take a punch from a guy who could impale a car with his fist (Juggs, not Spidey). One solid hit from Juggs and Spider-Man wouldn't be coherent, let alone Storm. Storm's cool. AND she'd beat SM. But she'd go down with a solid punch.

-DM cool

stormfront13
i'm not trying to make it about storm and plenty of people have said storm will lose- they say one punch and its over for anyone.

Scoobless
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Rogue and Colossus are so much stronger that I can't see SM taking it, spider-sense or not. And if it just becomes a long drawn out battle, at least Colossus should last longer than SM before he falls asleep, dies of thirst, etc. Colossus and Rogue could whip cars at Spidey like they're baseballs...SM will only dodge so many.

yes they are stronger....... is this anything new to Spidey? - no

Colossus may be strong and durable enough to not have to worry about getting hurt but Rogue isn't, Spidey has taken down stronger and faster than her before

Spider-Man has endurance levels of around 40 times human..... he can go for days with little or no sleep...... i can't find any similar info on Colossus.... anyone got any?

Scoobless
i'm not trying to make it about storm and plenty of people have said storm will lose- they say one punch and its over for anyone.

if he managed to hit her with one solid punch he would probably kill her... this is why Spider-Man always holds back ..... even against people stronger than him...... he only ever goes all out if his holding back fighting isn't having enough effect

and again........ i said IF he managed to hit her

BootlegBoys420
she has taken hits from stronger and taken full on hits from sentinals- she has taken full blasts from magneto, wolverine, being stabbed in the back be marrow, and being hit by juggernaut

Sorry... But Thats The Biggest Load Of Crap Ive Ever Read... Magneto? Full Blasts? Hit By Jugs? Not Happening... And Spidey Has Beaten A Hell Of A Lot Tougher Opponents Than Storm... Not Knocking Storm In Any Way... But Its True... I Definitely See Spidey Figuring Out A Way To Take Out Storm... Like I Said The First Time Around... I See Spidey Making It To Jean... Thats The End Of The Line...

stormfront13
i wasn't talkin dircetly about you and one punck won't kill her. she has taken a full blast from a sentinal and ray guns and has gotten back up. imo he gets to dazzler then stops

DigiMark007
yes they are stronger....... is this anything new to Spidey? - no

Colossus may be strong and durable enough to not have to worry about getting hurt but Rogue isn't, Spidey has taken down stronger and faster than her before

Spider-Man has endurance levels of around 40 times human..... he can go for days with little or no sleep...... i can't find any similar info on Colossus.... anyone got any?

...some fun stuff to consider. I'm still not sold on Colossus (regardless of endurance levels, I don't see how SM would be able to hurt him at all) but I could definitely see Rogue v. SM being a great fight, and would probably lean toward SM at this point.

...still think he'd get stopped before Rogue on my gauntlet, but maybe I should have had them in a slightly different order.

-DM

mr.smiley
didn't storm rip out marrows first heart?
i say cyclops gives him trouble and wolverine takes him out

Scoobless
i wasn't talkin dircetly about you and one punck won't kill her. she has taken a full blast from a sentinal and ray guns and has gotten back up. imo he gets to dazzler then stops

spidey can punch straight through brick walls when he doesn't hold back..... which he wont if he thinks this is against holograms or robots or whatever the X-Men train with......... is Storm's body tougher than a solid brick wall?.... i'm pretty sure it's not

and dazzler wont be a problem

mr.smiley
i don't think spidey takes collusus.
he might be able to swing him real fast and send him flying but only if collusus doesn't use the webbing to his advantage and swing him first

Victor Von Doom
I think he could potentially get right to the end.

stormfront13
imo he gets to dazzler then stops- imo spidey is extremley overrated.

juggernaut74
not as strong? isnt beast class 40 now? hes way stronger then spiderman then if thats the case. In the 2004 Handbook it says that Beast can lift 2 tons. Just thought I would throw that in.

Scoobless
if there were another way to victory other than killing or knocking out, Spidey could beat Colossus...... as it is i don't think either would beat the other

stormfront13
i think colossus can definitley beat spidey

Scoobless
imo he gets to dazzler then stops- imo spidey is extremley overrated.

says the person who claims storm can take full hits from sentinels and the juggernaut

stormfront13
um.. maybe because she can and i never said a full hit from the juggernaut i said he swatted her aside and she got up

juggernaut74
I dont see how Spidey can take Colossus. The only reason Spidey beats Rhino cause he is a dumb@ss. Colossus is one of the most intelligent powerhouses. I dont see him outsmarting Colossus like he did to Juggernaut and Rhino.

stormfront13
yeah i doubt spidey can even hurt colossus

stormfront13
wel anyway imo he gets to dazler then stops

stormfront13
or maybe wolverine takes him out

Scoobless
so i take it by those posts you aren't going to explain why you think Dazzler or Wolverine will be able to beat Spider-Man?

DarkCrawler
um.. maybe because she can and i never said a full hit from the juggernaut i said he swatted her aside and she got up

Full hit from Spidey is more then that. Let me explain it to you again.

If-She-Doesn't-Have-Superhuman-Durablity-She-Is-Going-To-Die-If-Spider-Man-Punches-her-with-full-force.

who?-kid
I think the fight ends when SM is facing Colossus. Spider-Man can play with Colossus all he wants, but Colossus has enormous stamina, and is just too durable for Spider-Man.

And his webs won't do much good either.

This fight would probably end in a draw, because SM can't hurt Colossus, and Colossus can't catch SM.

stormfront13
i say he gets to dazzler then stops- dazzler can blind him and there have been a few times where he has been hit when he couldn't see and times when he was hit while he could see- she can create forcefields i saw it in the comics a while back. those light beams are really powerful she can take him down. and how will spidey beat wolverine if he is bleeding to death. wolverine can shrug off whatever spidey throws at him and just heal. and spidey won't even be able to touch storm let alone hit her w/ all she's got. imo he gets to dazzler then stops

Scoobless
i say he gets to dazzler then stops- dazzler can blind him

and how will spidey beat wolverine if he is bleeding to death. wolverine can shrug off whatever spidey throws at him and just heal.

and spidey won't even be able to touch storm let alone hit her w/ all she's got. imo he gets to dazzler then stops

Spider-Man is more than capable of fighting when blind........ he's done it many times by letting his spider-sense guide him....... sometimes he's even harder to hit when blind as he doesn't let what he can see over-rule his danger sense

He can beat Wolverine the way i stated earlier:

Storm...... maybe more difficult than Wolverine but he can beat her, he can dodge all of her attacks, get out of her line of sight and hit her when she doesn't know where he is..... even if it's by throwing a brick at her......... if it comes down to a long fight Spidey will outlast Storm in terms of endurance

stormfront13
he can't win if he can't hit her. a brick thrown by spiderman?? are you kidding me?? yeah it might knock her out but will storm let him hit her?? during this fight she won't just be standing there. all spideys strength is useless when he is stuck in the air. he can't dodge much when you can't really move. storm beats spidey, dazzler can beat spidey and so can wolverine.

Scoobless
she can't lift him if she doesn't know where he is and he's sticking to the ground or a wall

he used a stone to hit Electro one time when he couldn't get close to him, and if she can't see it coming it's doubtful she will be able to stop it

stormfront13
storm has more poweeers than spidey doesn. she can win just by making it extremley cold over the city. this will slow him down as it doesn most people she does it to. she will be able to hit him. you are making it seem like he's flash which we all know he's not. imo he gets to dazzler then stops

DigiMark007
I'll continue to agree that Storm would beat SM, but Wolverine?

As Scoobless stated, webbed to the wall and webbing to the air passages would suffice, but Wolvie's healing power isn't instantaneous...it takes time. The healing would help, but SM would definitely be able to hurt him, and the wounds wouldn't go away immediately.

Dazzler is a joke...if she could then Cyke definitely could or maybe even Gambit...none of them should give SM too much trouble. Still dies with Iceman...

-DM
N.C. State just beat UConn. Woot!

demigawd
Seems there are two Storm vs. Spider-man debates going on at once. Like i was saying on the other thread, Spider-man beats Storm in urban settings, or in a confined space. Storm beats Spider-Man anywhere else.

Wolverine gets owned. They've fought a lot, and SM has been victorious about 80% of the time. I'd agree with 8/10 in favor of Spidey.

mr.smiley
wolverine takes spiderman just like the crossover in russia were spidey hits full force and wolverine only smiles.
that's how it goes

mr.smiley
wolverines healing factor is only as good as the writer makes it.
his healing factor varies depending on writers

ZephroCarnelian
Iceman, Jean and Xavier can stop Spidey. But all the others would be good fights, some closer than others.

Draco69
Spider-Man lasts until Wolverine. Then that's it. He can't beat the rest. God, Spidey is overrated.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by mr.smiley
wolverine takes spiderman just like the crossover in russia were spidey hits full force and wolverine only smiles.
that's how it goes

If SM were dumb enough to just punch him then yeah, he'd probably lose. But there are other ways of toppling Wolvie. I won't bother repeating myself, since I've described how he could at least a couple times on this thread (and others have too), but punch/smile/rinse/repeat is a little too simplistic for it to be a realistic fight.

-DM

wuTa
Nightcrawler wouldn't give him any trouble..... spider-sense would let him know where he's popping up, 1 hit and it's over....... Gambit wouldn't even last that long

i beg the differ.....you seen X2 right?...when nightcrawler teleports through the whitehouse...that would definetly give spider-man trouble and gambit is an underrated fighter....now i'm not saying nightcrawler or gambit can take spider-man one on one..but in the gaunlet they defintly have a chance but to each his own

DigiMark007
Originally posted by wuTa
i beg the differ.....you seen X2 right?...when nightcrawler teleports through the whitehouse...that would definetly give spider-man trouble and gambit is an underrated fighter....now i'm not saying nightcrawler or gambit can take spider-man one on one..but in the gaunlet they defintly have a chance but to each his own

Keep in mind when I set the paremeters of this thread I didn't make it strictly gauntlet format. Spidey goes back to 100% after each fight. But yes, he'd have considerably more trouble with some of these "intermediate" fights if he was just doing one after another.

-DM

stormfront13
why is wolverine just gonna let spidey shoot webbing in his mouth?? he's not- dazzler has as good a cgance of beeting him as anyone. she can blind him and he can't hit what he can't see if she stays at a distance. there has been instances where spidey has been hit before, he's not impossible he is completly overrated.

mr.smiley
i don't think dazzler alone could do it but with another x member with her i think she could then

Scoobless
why is wolverine just gonna let spidey shoot webbing in his mouth?? he's not-

well he wont have any choice in the matter when he's stuck onto a wall

Zahit
why is wolverine just gonna let spidey shoot webbing in his mouth?? he's not- dazzler has as good a cgance of beeting him as anyone. she can blind him and he can't hit what he can't see if she stays at a distance. there has been instances where spidey has been hit before, he's not impossible he is completly overrated.

Sorry if I'm sounding a bit rude, but do you know
ANYTHING about ANY comic book characters?

stormfront13
yeah and spidey can be hit!! he's not impossible to hit as some of you may think. any of these x-men besides jubilee has a decent chance of winning. this is just spiderman. he can be hit, he can be defeated, he not invincible. yes he will most likely win some of these. and what makes you think spiderman will get webbing down wolverines throat. and will wolverine just let the webbing hit him??dazzler also has a good chance. imo he gets to wolverine then stops

stormfront13
i don't think he'll reach ice-man or even wolverine

wolverine8888
there no way spiderman getting past wolverine my quess if it to the death wolverine will kill spiderman sure wolverine might take some damage but hill heal spidermans will die. iceman after wolverine what the hell are u thinking and collussus come on that dude is like the thing wolverine can take him down and my bets spidermna can too he shoudl deffently be like number 7

wolverine8888
there loads of evidence from spidermans and wolverines team ups and fights that tell there pritty much no way for spidermaa to get past wolverine

stormfront13
you may be right even though i absolutly hate spider-man i think he might actually might beat wolverine, or well maybe not. i mean yeah when you hit wolverine he isn't all that affected cause he has a little invulnerable and he knows that he will just heal and has been hit tons of time. wolverine's reach is very far and wolverine is also quick. imo just a few hits from wolverine w/ hiw claws then spidey goes down. but on the other hand you have that stupid spidey sense that warns spidey, and spidey is faster than wolverine. even considering all this i still think that wolverine has more expierence fighting, is a better fighter, but its pretty even

Scoobless
Webbing to scenery then webbing over airways...... when spidey thinks he's fighting a simulation he will have no trouble killing, so he does this and wolvy suffocates

nimbus006
Stormfront where did you get that info for Beast... cuz i m looking at the marvel directory and its word for word exactly what you put except for the strength part that says 2000lbs not 45 tons...lol

stormfront13
i got it from a beats site- don't remember what it was called but i searched "x-men"+"beast"

python99
How is spiderman overrated?
How come he gets stopped at wolverine?
If anybody is overrated its wolverine. He heals instantly. wolverine is not supposed to heal instantly. This shows that his healing factor is higher than what we see on his stats. The hulk doesn't even heal instantly
and hid durability is higher than wolverine. If superman is the strongest hero in the comic world and invincible how come he can be killed.
Wolverines character is horrible. He is unique but is true power output and regeneration skills is overrated and inconsistent

Kontraz
Originally posted by nimbus006
Stormfront where did you get that info for Beast... cuz i m looking at the marvel directory and its word for word exactly what you put except for the strength part that says 2000lbs not 45 tons...lol

man.... 45 tons... thats just insane... thats, like, hulk or juggernaut kinda strong.... i've never seen beast do anything NEAR that.

stormfront13
i got it from a beast site. i just searched "x-men"+"beast" and if you scroll down i think its like the last or one of the last idk it was a while ago. i say spidey gets to gambit and stops

Kontraz
spidey would own gambit (and this is hard for me to admit, as i like gambit much more than spidey). But really, he can dodge gambit's card and melee attacks, and it would only take one good punch to lay him out...

stormfront13
if he can even get to gambit. for gambit, he can just charge like all the street stuff and maybe cars and buildings and it will blow up. i doubt spidey will be able to hit gambit with his fists, i mean gambit is a better fighter than spidey, and he is also very skilled w/ his staff

Kontraz
if he can even get to gambit. for gambit, he can just charge like all the street stuff and maybe cars and buildings and it will blow up. i doubt spidey will be able to hit gambit with his fists, i mean gambit is a better fighter than spidey, and he is also very skilled w/ his staff

nah, gambit isnt all that skilled a fighter. He's quick, but spidey's quicker... and stronger. ANd all he has to do is web up the cajun and its all over, since his webbing cant be charged.

stormfront13
i know thats why i said i doubt spidey can even get to gambit w/ out WEBBING. yes he can shoot webbing but gambit can use a full stack of cards on it. that should stop it or slow it down. the cajun is really good i'm sure he can find a way to beat spidey

life is cruell
after iceman i dont really see him winning anymore but doesnt angel have a healing factor and a magic sword now?

stormfront13
i think his blood can heal but nit him but i might be wrong and i have never heard of the sword thing

life is cruell
i read somewhere he got after a magical mission with the x-men or something

Swanky-Tuna
if he can even get to gambit. for gambit, he can just charge like all the street stuff and maybe cars and buildings and it will blow up. i doubt spidey will be able to hit gambit with his fists, i mean gambit is a better fighter than spidey, and he is also very skilled w/ his staff If Gambit charged a car or building, Spidey would be booking because that has all kinds of collateral damage written all over it.

Scoobless
i mean gambit is a better fighter than spidey

First off, that's a lie and you know it!

Second, if Gambit charges anything Spidey will be able to avoid it...... he doesn't throw things nearly as accurately as Bullseye and Spidey has no trouble with him

Third, Gambit may be "quick" for a sub Cap level fighter but Spider-Man is "fast" ...... way too fast for Gambit to fight h2h...... and fast beats quick anyday of the week

stormfront13
i never said gambit would beat spidey hand to hand. but gambit has had tons of training hand to hand is batter than most when he is blindfolded and blind. yes spidey uses his own style but if spidey has no powers and just fighting skills and gambit had just his fighting skills who would win??

Scoobless
how does that even apply? Pete with no powers is a science geek.... he wouldn't be fighting anyone....... with powers, both of them blindfolded Spidey kills Gambit (by mistake of course)

stormfront13
i was just stating that gambit should be the better fighter. if spidey is such a good fighter than he should be able to fight w/ out powers. you simplt juist dismissed it cause you know i'm right

Kontraz
umm... that's like saying, if hulk had no powers, just his fighting skills and collossus had no powers, just his fighting skills, who would win in arm wrestling.... its the one who doesnt has strength WITHOUT powers

... well, the fight is with powers... and spidey's powers MAKE HIM a better fighter than gambit.... THE END

stormfront13
but if he is such a good fighter with powers he should be the least bit good w/ out. i am just proving a point. imo spidey gets to cyke and stops

Scoobless
i was just stating that gambit should be the better fighter. if spidey is such a good fighter than he should be able to fight w/ out powers. you simplt juist dismissed it cause you know i'm right

everyone here knows Spider-Man is only as good as he is because of his powers, that's like saying "if Superman is so tough then he should have knocked the crap out of the guy in the diner in Superman 2 when he lost his powers"

"worst argument.... ever!"

stick out tongue

stormfront13
i am just stating that spidey needs to rely on his powers to fight. all of the x-men can fight w/ out them including gambit. the fact that gambit doesn't even need powers to be good and that he has beaten people w/ out powers then he is a better fighter than spidey imo. i have yet to see spidey kich the shi! out mof anyone w/ out powers

ScarletSpider
Gambit, with amped up powers, also got his shit ruined by traditionally non-powered people like Bullseye and Crossbones.

life is cruell
cant the most recent gambit charge the sideblock underneath him and blow spidey

stormfront13
maybe

DigiMark007
ninja

spideycarnage
1. Jubilee
2. Beast
3. Nightcrawler
4. Angel
5. Gambit
6. Cyclops
7. Dazzler
8. Wolverine
9. Iceman
10. Storm
11. Rogue
12. Colossus
13. Jean
14. Xavier

Jubilee and beast, spiderman should have no problem with, spiderman is faster and stronger than both. i think some mentioned that beast is a class 40, i don't think so i say 5-10..Nightcrawler may give him problems at first, but spidey's spidersence will help him land a clean blow on him to knock him out if night crawler teleports behind him or something. Spidey would beat angel also with minor difficulties, since its in the danger room, i don't think the ceiling wouldn't be too high enough for for SM to reach him, there's no high building to I'm presuming that the ceiling wont be to high for angel to hide. Spiderman spidey sense will give him the edge over gambit, spiderman can dodge bullets he'll be able to dodge playin cards. Now heres cyclops, people say that cycl holds back, so spidey wins this, he would loose if cyclops takes the visor off and destroy the whole danger room, but i don't think cycl would go all out in such a away, he rarely does it anywayz. spidey beats dazzeler also he wont be able to fly high enough for SM to reach here, i don't think her "light abilities" will help her either, i think spidey is fast strong enough to take down dazzeler in combat with a lil help from spider sense. just wat DM said earlier, spidey will beat the crap of wolvie, by stabbing him with his own claws, SM win this easy. Spidey would lose to iceman all the time, but if ice man is not allowed to flash freeze, spiderman has a chance, with spiderscence speed and agility he can pull off a win. Strom would stop him, too much speed, and she controls lighting, she'll fry spiderman sad

TheKahn
Rules:
1. No prep time
2. Location: Danger Room. Simulation of a 100 meter x 100 meter city clock...no huge buildings (so its not like Spideys in NYC) but regular-sized buildings, cars, etc.
3. Combatants start on opposite sides of a building...so they are not in direct sight of each other.
4. Spider-Man is refreshed and back to 100% after each battle.
5. For the purposes of this thread, Nightcrawler cannot teleport limbs off. If you have a problem with that, tough noogies!
6. All heroes are the most current versions, or most recent versions (because in some they're dead by now).

Jubilee
Spiderman wins. He has just about every advantage in this fight and she really doesn't bring anymore firepower than he has dealt successfully with before.

Beast
Aside from intelligence, everything Beast can do, Spiderman can do better: strength, speed, mobility, ect. Spiderman wins.

Nightcrawler
Without the ability to teleport for the kill, Nightcrawler is in trouble. Cyclops has been able to avoid his teleportational attack just from his experience with Nightcrawler. If that is possible, Spiderman's spider sense should give him able warning. Spiderman wins.

Angel
He really lacks any offensive capabilities against Spiderman. His best bet would be to stay out of range and not fight. But as that is not an option, Spiderman wins.

Gambit
Gambit is a combination of Jubilee and Beast. He really doesn't have overwhelming firepower and his speed and agility doesn't compare to Spiderman. Spiderman should win.

Cyclops
Cyclops is another matter. He, in fact, does have very overwhelming firepower and is a damn good shot. If he is going for the kill, Cyke takes off his visor and wins. If they are fighting in character (i.e. not trying to kill each other), Spiderman wins a very slim majority.

Dazzler
This is a tough one to call. Dazzler has a very impressive power set (force fields, laser beams, blinding light flashes, holograms, ect) and I can see her really giving Spiderman a difficult fight. If she fights smart, I think she would win the majority.

Wolverine
This will be perhaps the most controversial fight, but even with no large buildings Spiderman still has a considerable advantage. He could either keep his distance and attempt to pin Wolverine down with a car or with webbing. Alternatively, he could go h2h and given his speed advantage, strength advantage, and spider sense he should be able to manhandle Wolverine (and Wolverine lack his main advantage: a hack writer). Spiderman wins.

Iceman
Spiderman just doesn't have the ability to put him down and lacks any real defenses against Iceman's attacks. Plus Iceman has to be pissed about just being called an "Amazing Friend" while Spiderman got top billing. Iceman wins.

Storm
The distance both characters start out from each other pretty much gives the fight to Storm. Spiderman can't reach her before she takes to the air (out of his range) and uses a variety of attacks to eventually take him down. Storm wins.

Rogue
I am assuming all characters are fighting to the best of their ability, as such Rogue's power set should give her the victory. If she uses her powers wisely, Spiderman can't lay a hand on her or even get that close. Any long range attack he makes she should be able to avoid, deflect, or melt. Rogue wins.

Colossus
This would be an interesting fight and comes the closest to a draw out of any other. Spiderman can't really hurt him but Colossus isn't going to actually hit Spiderman either. What the hell, this one is a draw. Spidey doesn't have any means to win and Colossus lack the speed to end the fight. Draw.

Jean & Xavier
Both win rather easily. Spiderman is much too far away to attack in time to stop either from putting him down telepathically.

Marcus4600
Spider Man definately would actually have the hardest time with Nightcrawler more than anyone. Be a great fight though. I say he gets to Storm.

Sparkz
1. Jubilee - Spider-Man wins 10/10 Nothing Jubbilee can do can stop Spider-man, unless he gives her a free shot, but that aint happening.

2. Beast - Has an intelligence advantage but other than that Spider-man outclass's him in every other area
Spider-man wins 9/10

3. Nightcrawler - This is a tougher fight but thanks to his spider sense he can lock onto where Nightcrawler is going to appear and can take him don in 1 punch thanks to his superior speed and agility.
Spider-man wins 8/10

4. Angel - Angle poses no danger at all he can't actuly do anything to hurt Spider-man and if Spider-man webs his wings its game over. Spider-man wins 10/10

5. Gambit - Gambit posses a good challenge but his cards are easily dodged and his fighting skill isn't going to do anything againt spider-man, but he can charge the ground where Spider-man is, of course he runs a risk on hurting himself and spider-man can evade most of the explosions with little difficulty, Spider-man wins 7/10

6. Cyclops - This is wherethe guantlet gets tough, cyclops has a fantastic shot and his optic blasts pack some seriouse power but Spider-Man can dodge pretty much all of his blasts as long as he uses his Spider sense and reflexes to there fullest, the main advantage Cyclopse has is taking off his visor and attacking a wide range, but Spider-man can take cover and even move fast enough s Cyclops won't have time to react,
Spider-man wins 6/10

7. Dazzler - Sure she can blind him but its not like he hasnt fought blind before, and she can use energy blasts but its not like Spider-man can't dodge those, one good punch and its all over,
Spider-man wins 7/10

8. Wolverine - Ah here it is the classic debate, This can go 50/50. First off using his superior speed and reflexes Spider-man can dodge around wolverine keeping him off balance giving him an opertunity to web him to a wall, and before woverine can cut himself free spider-man can begin to web him in such a way he can't break free, he can then procede to suffocate him with his webbing, which probbaly wouldnt kill him anyway but it would knock him out...or Spider-man could use his new stingers to inflict alot of damage along with the stabs being backed by 15 Ton punches it realy would overload his healing factor...he can also incapcitate Logan with so much webbing he won't be able to move and if he can't move he can't cut himself free. On the other hand wolverine's expert fighting ability can also nock Spider-man off balance alowing him to get a quick slash in, of course spider-man can make a web bandage to stop himself from bleeding to death, but it would seriosly slow him down alowing Logan to go for a finishing blow, So Spider-man wins 5/10 Wolverine wins 5/10

9. Iceman - Spider-Man has no chance he can dodge a few ice beams but I'm sure Iceman can widen the shot and manage to hit him and freeze him solid, and even if Spider-man gets through his attacks and gets a few shots in Bobby is durable enough to take a few shots before countering him with an ice attack, he can also drop the tempreture around him slowing spider-man down, the only way Spider-man could win is if he hits him hard and fast without letting up for a second
Iceman wins 9/10

10. Storm - Although 1 punch from Spider-man would take her head off, its not like he can get close enough to her to hit her, unless he goes stealthy, and he can be bloody stealthy when he wants to be and bide his time to pick her off, of course she can create a snow storm once again slowing him down enough to hit him with a lighting bolt or KOing him with wind,
Storm wins 9/10

11. Rogue - Though his webbing held her back in Secret wars he can't beat her after all he can break his own webbing so Rogue must be able to, of course it could slow her down and he could hit her with a barrage of punches, if he goes at full speed and dosen't let up he may be able to fluke a KO but there aint much chance of that is there.
Rogue wins 9/10

12. Colossus - Spider-Man truly has no chance, he cannot hurt Colossus sure colossus can't hit him either but frankly Spider-man can only dodge at peak effecieny for about an hour or 2 Colossus dosn't get tired so its just a long fight of punch dodge punch dodge untill Spider-man get tired and Colossus gets his hands on him and its game over Spidey
Colossus wins 10/10

13. Jean - Hmmm Spider-man over powers heer with his fantastic Telepathic ability, oh right he dosn't have that nuts...
Jean Wins 10/10

14. Xavier - ooooo thats gotta hurt
Xavier wins 10/10

Basicly Spider-man gets to Iceman and its all over because it is very unlikely he can score a KO on him.

MuffinmanMike
Originally posted by pr1983
hmm...

cyclops is the first to give him trouble, but folds because cyclops always holds back, even in the danger room...

he'll get to iceman, and if bobby doesn't stop him storm will...

If Bobby doesn't stop him, Storms pretty much dead. I say he can beat Iceman depending on how Bobby fights in the Danger Room. If he uses basic beams and walls and such with his powers, Spideys got the majority. Otherwise it'll slowly lean away from him.

There is NO WAY Storm can hit Spidey. She needs to concentrate to conjure up a storm. Spidey only needs to dash forward and hit her once or twice. Plus the woman is claustrophobic. Spidey webs her face up(even if she has room to breath) and she'll probably freak out and have a panic attack.

Doesn't current Rogue lack Ms.Marvels powers? I say Spidey can probably take her if he even got that far.

Colossus is the last stop for Spidey indefinetly. I'm sure he could stick his hands to Colossus' back and fling him but that's gonna be tough.

Jean and Xavier will stop him cold. In fact, I'm sure Xavier will know it's the real Spidey from a quick scan and then tell him to stop.

Otherwise Xavier would get his ass beat because he's not a telekinetic and he'd know his powers wouldn't affect a simulation.
Don't get me wrong. Spidey WON'T get this far, but as far as I recall, Xavier is just a telepath. Either he knows the simulations won't be harmed by his mental powers or he'll know to stop Spidey and tell him that it's not a simulation.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.