In A Jedi Battle whats more important? Skill with Force or Lightsaber?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stealth Agent
I think its lightsaber

because
look at it this way in ESB could Vader still beat Luke without using the force? YES. Could he without using a lightsaber? Definateley not. I think the skill with the lightsaber is defiantley more important attribute.

Sesse
It's like asking: "which one is more important, a bullet or rifle?"

One is weak without another. But together they are devastating. Then again, poor shooter can still miss the shot.

Stealth Agent
Originally posted by Sesse
It's like asking: "which one is more important, a bullet or rifle?"

One is weak without another. But together they are devastating. Then again, poor shooter can still miss the shot.

tuche but a Rifle alone is still a melee weapon where can a bullet get you?

Darth_Janus
Anyone can use a lightsaber, but only a Jedi knight can use it to proper affect. If the Force cannot be wielded by the wielder, it becomes as dangerous as a gun in the hands of a child.

Darth_Nefarus
Agreed, without the force, you couldn't react as quickly, knock lasers back at the attacker or block force lightning. (IMHO)

Darth_Janus
Right. It's be like playing golf blindfolded.

jackstain
yeah but honestly....who plays golf?

Fishy
Good point, but still a Jedi could do a lot without a lightsaber, but to really use a lightsaber somebody would need the force.

In essence the force is more important because it gives you the power to wield the lightsaber.

jango fatt
Knights didn't have the force but they wielded swords what you're saying is crap

Fishy
Yeah knights didn't, but then again knights did fight against army's with lasers...

Somebody with a lightsaber might still kill a few soldiers but they won't stand a chance against somebody with force powers.

Just like somebody with a sword could kill somebody with a sword, but they won't stand a chance against a freaking Apache helicopter.

Fishy
Originally posted by jango fatt
Knights didn't have the force but they wielded swords what you're saying is crap

Apparantly i can't edit my posts but this is what i meant to say

Yeah knights didn't, but then again knights did fight against army's with lasers...

Somebody with a lightsaber might still kill a few soldiers but they won't stand a chance against somebody with force powers.

Just like somebody with a sword could kill somebody with a gun, but they won't stand a chance against a freaking Apache helicopter.

Julie
probably skill with lightsaber....if you're good with the force you can jump and heal and run etc, but if you're no good with a lightsaber you just die

Darth_Nefarus
although, if you had a lot of force powers, like darkside ones and whatnot, I suppose in a large battle you could lightning everyone.
droids especially

jango fatt
Originally posted by Fishy

Just like somebody with a sword could kill somebody with a sword, but they won't stand a chance against a freaking Apache helicopter. But blasters ain't no Apache heli's.
And jedi don't stand a chance against starfighters.

Stealth Agent
i guess its the force you could still be speedy and do flying charges and stuff like that with the force and take an opponent out melee. Without the force and just a lightsaber your clumsy and lack the legant accuracy of a jedi.

Fishy
Originally posted by Darth_Nefarus
although, if you had a lot of force powers, like darkside ones and whatnot, I suppose in a large battle you could lightning everyone.
droids especially

No they can't...

But okay, a guy with a sword won't stand a chance against somebody with a normal hand gun of this time from 20 meters away.

A distance that a force user should easily be able to create between him and his attacker if his attacker can not use the force.

Ushgarak
Dooku made this clear. Lightsabres solve disputes between force users.

Force Adept
That doesn't answer the question though. stick out tongue It more is like an oxymoron when applied to the question at hand.

Skill in the Force would definentally be more helpful, than just weilding a lightsaber around. You're more likely to cut off your own arm with a lightsaber, let alone block bolts, parry, or survive if you don't have the force as that extra "sense" needed in SW Battles. At least you could throw crap and push people around with the force. smile

But it really is an odd question since both skills go hand in hand.

Ushgarak
Sigh... skill with a Lightsabre obviously includes the abilities required to use it well. 'Skill with the Force' is about using force powers in a fight, not about being able to use a sabre safely.

Frankly, saying that was highly pedantic. Simple answer is as I said above. If two hostile force users meet, it is their lightsabre skills that will decide the issue- that answers the spirit of the question.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.