Will they ever remake modern movies?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ragesRemorse
I was chatting with a friend and we starting discussing about the current remake trend. It got me thinking about wheather or not modern movies will ever be chosen to be remade 10-20 or even 30 years down the line. I see a distinct difference between movies of different era's. the 50's and 60's are truly the golden age for hollywood. I say this because movies of this era had to rely on acting and quality of story to push a movie in the realm of entertainment. The 70's still revolved around a solid story, but was more experimental. The 80's is when the experimentation from the 70's really inspired directors to push the envelope of what was possible in movies. I think this is why the 80's is coined the age of action cinema. Many movies of this era were fantasy and action. However, still had some of the values that trickled down from the golden age of cinema. Skip the early 90's which was confused as where to go, and now American Cinema is always about bigger and better and prettier. This often leaves no room for a story. I know this sterotype of bigger and better has been apart of American cinema for some time, but doesnt seem to be stopping.

I am not saying all movies are mindless dribble for shock value. Or that they are even bad, i love some of the one liner movies that have 1000 explosions. I am just wandering if any what movies would be worthy enough to be remade down the line. Remakes usually come from revolutional, inspiring or intruiging films. Not always, but usually. there are inspiring movies out there today, but none that i think need a revamping. then again i guess remakes are not chosen for the love of the story anymore. A remake used to be a sacred thing, only certain movies could be remade, some were just special and shouldnt be touched. This is no longer true. Movies ten years old are being remade. So what do you think would be a modern classic eligible for remake 10-2 years from now?

dizzyblondegirl
thats a really good question
but if there already modern classics then its not worth remaking perfect example would be alfie true classic but they had to go ruin it with jude law and set it in america.
classics stay classic for a reason

Wolfie
There are plenty of classics in recent the 1990s and 2000s that I can see remakes being done 30 years from now.

Or maybe this is just a remake era and Hollywood will see that the classics are being rated higher than the remakes.

Remake is such a dirty term now. Filmmakers shouldn't work on improving the story because they're all choosing to remake movies in which you can't improve upon. A remake should only be made to bring a good movie up to date.

Myth
I rue the day somebody remakes a QT film. mad

tabby999
yeah, but then again, how can you remake a movie that was perfect the first time

Myth
Originally posted by tabby999
yeah, but then again, how can you remake a movie that was perfect the first time

Very poorly. That is why I would be mad. People may do it just because it would be a guaranteed money maker whether it sucked or not.

botankus
They will continue to remake remaked remakes.

Darth_Big_Boy
Unfortunately, they probably will, ruining what was.

Cinemaddiction
..and they'll be mostly horrors.

botankus
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
..and they'll be mostly horrors.

Please refer to 2005's recipient of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre - Remake award....

House of Wax.

sk8stuff09
ragesremorse has a REALLY good point. hes right, everything he said is true.

ragesRemorse

Charlie and the chocolate factory. mad

Wolfie
You say that like that's stopped them before.

Smasandian
I dont want to see a remake of The Godfather.

ragesRemorse
Yeah, i dont know anyone who does. But someone thought it would be a bright idea.

BackFire
they'll remake the remake of Dawn of the Dead

Jackie Malfoy
Yea that is a good question but I cant see that ever happening.JM

mardook
Personally I think they should remake all the bad movies or movies that had promise in them but ultimately failed because of any number of bs. smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.